PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone get the opt out letter from the ticket office?

Jack Lambert
07-17-2020, 04:37 PM
No paper tickets this season. Only mobile or print at thome. Also I called the ticket office I asked them what would happen if I keep my tickets for this season and the capacity is limited and my priority was not high enough what would happen. He said it would not be a problem. There will most likely be enough opt out that everyone with season tickets would get in.

Buddy
07-17-2020, 05:05 PM
What if we don't get the seats/section we paid for? Did the letter say anything about that?

Jack Lambert
07-17-2020, 06:09 PM
What if we don't get the seats/section we paid for? Did the letter say anything about that?

That was not in the letter and I did not ask. However the impression I got was that if the stadium was 50% capacity you would have your seat. Also the way they talked they feel like if it got to 25% I would get in and have my seat. He said the letter went out before the email by mistake. They are creating an web site you will be able to got to. the letter went out too early. He also said don't pay pledge just yet. Not sure if that would be credited back.

I also got the impression that based on what tickets that did not get paid by July 15th they are expecting a lot of people to opt out.

GoodPadLevel
07-18-2020, 11:16 AM
I have wondered about the pledge. I have renewed and paid for my season tickets but have deliberately not paid my pledge. According to the new IRS rules, the premium paid for the right to purchase seats is not a charitable contribution because you receive something of value in return.
I love MSU and would contribute some this year but not this much if it weren?t for the premium seats.

AROB44
07-18-2020, 11:44 AM
Have paid for my tickets. Haven't gotten an email or letter.

confucius say
07-18-2020, 11:56 AM
I have wondered about the pledge. I have renewed and paid for my season tickets but have deliberately not paid my pledge. According to the new IRS rules, the premium paid for the right to purchase seats is not a charitable contribution because you receive something of value in return.
I love MSU and would contribute some this year but not this much if it weren?t for the premium seats.

If you pay your pledge and aren't allowed to attend you'll be reimbursed

GoodPadLevel
07-18-2020, 12:10 PM
Oh, okay - Thanks

MafiaDawg
07-18-2020, 04:56 PM
Hard to make a decision until we know how everything will work, including tailgating.

Jack Lambert
07-18-2020, 07:19 PM
Hard to make a decision until we know how everything will work, including tailgating.

I decided to renewal mine. I don't tailgate so that is not an issue. I figure if they play the attendance will be limited. I can probably sell a few of the tickets if I didn't want to go.

Ezsoil
07-18-2020, 11:03 PM
That was not in the letter and I did not ask. However the impression I got was that if the stadium was 50% capacity you would have your seat. Also the way they talked they feel like if it got to 25% I would get in and have my seat. He said the letter went out before the email by mistake. They are creating an web site you will be able to got to. the letter went out too early. He also said don't pay pledge just yet. Not sure if that would be credited back.

I also got the impression that based on what tickets that did not get paid by July 15th they are expecting a lot of people to opt

out.

I wonder if we are only playing the four conference games, will there be a reduction based on the three non conference game cancellations? This is such a mess ...

Dawgbite
07-19-2020, 08:51 AM
Have paid for my tickets. Haven't gotten an email or letter.

But I?m seriously considering opting out this year and starting over next year. Regardless what rules are in place, it?s going to be a major cluster****. We can?t even get people through metal detectors efficiently, how are they going to manage masks, and taking peoples temp and keeping people separated? This whole year has been one big cluster, I want a do over.

Cooterpoot
07-19-2020, 09:25 AM

Rumor is no tailgating.

Bass Chaser
07-19-2020, 10:50 AM
Has anyone asked if you can use some of your tickets and opt out of some?

Jack Lambert
07-19-2020, 09:35 PM
But I?m seriously considering opting out this year and starting over next year. Regardless what rules are in place, it?s going to be a major cluster****. We can?t even get people through metal detectors efficiently, how are they going to manage masks, and taking peoples temp and keeping people separated? This whole year has been one big cluster, I want a do over.

i would imagine the metal detectors will be waived this season.

Jack Lambert
07-19-2020, 09:37 PM
I wonder if we are only playing the four conference games, will there be a reduction based on the three non conference game cancellations? This is such a mess ...

Last season I bought the tickets next to mine. It was an open seat and I paid the cost of that ticket plus pledge for the two games I bought the tickets for. I figure we will get a discount if there is only four games.

basedog
07-20-2020, 07:41 AM
If you choose to get tickets via mobile app how can you transfer the use of say ticket to a friend? Asking for a friend.

sethjoh
07-20-2020, 10:06 AM
I don't know if the mobile app provider that the university uses will work this way but recently when I have bought tickets to concerts from Stubhub they are transferred from original buyer to me thru the app. The seller will transfer thru email/Stubhub app and both parties confirm the transaction and they are available for use then.

Political Hack
07-20-2020, 10:12 AM
Yeah, but mine came in 2012.

Mobile Bay
07-20-2020, 11:08 AM
Looks like we are going to all mobile ticketing from now on. Does this put the scalpers out of business now? That's where I usually got my tickets from.

Ezsoil
07-20-2020, 12:17 PM
Looks like we are going to all mobile ticketing from now on. Does this put the scalpers out of business now? That's where I usually got my tickets from.

I'd say the scalpers outside the gates are in trouble ..but the scalping that goes on from the web based third party entities will be in full force

confucius say
07-20-2020, 12:30 PM
Has anyone asked if you can use some of your tickets and opt out of some?

You can. I only got half of my normal amount. I will still have my full normal amount in 2021.

Bass Chaser
07-20-2020, 02:45 PM
You can. I only got half of my normal amount. I will still have my full normal amount in 2021.

Thanks!

FISHDAWG
07-20-2020, 02:46 PM
a hell of a lot of old folks aren't savvy to smart phones, web based purchasing,ect..... and don't like to carry them into ball games .... I prefer paper myself but I'm blaming China instead of MSU

ScoobaDawg
07-20-2020, 11:17 PM
a hell of a lot of old folks aren't savvy to smart phones, web based purchasing,ect..... and don't like to carry them into ball games .... I prefer paper myself but I'm blaming China instead of MSU

evidently there is an option to print your tickets.. but the big difference is the school won't be mailing out physical tickets instead this year.