PDA

View Full Version : We find out about high school fall sports today....

HoopsDawg
07-14-2020, 10:56 AM
I'm hearing conference games only. Limited stadium capacity with temp checks when you walk in. May increase capacity if cases level off or drop. Practices not starting until August 17th which is nearly 5 weeks away. Not sure about Middle School sports. They are meeting right now.

Jack Lambert
07-14-2020, 10:59 AM
I said on another thread that I talked to an MAIS ref and he was told that MAIS was full wide open football in the fall. Obviously Private schools have more flexibility than public.

HoopsDawg
07-14-2020, 11:05 AM
I said on another thread that I talked to an MAIS ref and he was told that MAIS was full wide open football in the fall. Obviously Private schools have more flexibility than public.

yes, much more flexibilty. I saw an academy team practicing in Helmets and going 11 on 11. Public schools can't even use a ball right now. Look for 25% capacity initially, but again that could change.

Jack Lambert
07-14-2020, 11:22 AM
yes, much more flexibilty. I saw an academy team practicing in Helmets and going 11 on 11. Public schools can't even use a ball right now. Look for 25% capacity initially, but again that could change.

I agree on the capacity. I think as the cases goes down they will allow more in. I suspect only parents and students will be allowed in at first. I think if they play at the minimal the parents should be allowed in.

gtowndawg
07-14-2020, 11:28 AM
My daughter attends private school in Memphis and they are full on volleyball practice everyday. For the most part, it's business as usual.

BuckyIsAB****
07-14-2020, 11:51 AM

Public schools can use a ball and have been. Some public schools are in helmets and going 11 on 11. It?s a district thing not a statewide rule.

Public schools will probably start on sept 4 or 11 and play 2 non region then region games

BuckyIsAB****
07-14-2020, 04:02 PM
Public schools can use a ball and have been. Some public schools are in helmets and going 11 on 11. It?s a district thing not a statewide rule.

Public schools will probably start on sept 4 or 11 and play 2 non region then region games

Bump

Cooterpoot
07-14-2020, 06:37 PM
No visiting fans, cheerleaders, or bands will be allowed at games. Only the home crowd.

BuckyIsAB****
07-15-2020, 10:16 AM
No visiting fans, cheerleaders, or bands will be allowed at games. Only the home crowd.

Says who? Dobbs? The board has went against dobbs and co many times. Dobbs wants no football at all. Reeves is not doing himself any favors

Dawgology
07-15-2020, 10:19 AM
Funny...my son's middle school football team has been conditioning (as in the entire team) for 4 weeks now. I know this for a fact because I drop him off there every Tuesday and Thursday. They may not be throwing a ball around but they are definitly all in the gym and on the field working out.