PDA

View Full Version : Who is this panty wasit mongaloid on BSR right now?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Some reporter is on there bitching about the way Mullen answered the question about Quay getting arrested and that Mullen was basically "throwing the middle finger at us". He's saying that Mullen is either justifying Quay's actions or Mullen can't provide a proper answer. He keeps saying that we have an administrative issue throughout the department. Finally, he says that it's news and that it's going in his paper. Here's his quote, "If you don't want to read it, don't read it. If you don't want to hear the segment, don't listen." I think we should oblige him and make sure he doesn't get page views.

geotop
11-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Can you change the title language and try to keep the ugly language out of your posts ?

After all, this is a family show.

Political Hack
11-05-2013, 09:20 AM
we seriously need to start black balling some media members. we get the word out and they'll stop the BS. until then, we'll continue to allow ourselves to be treated like crap across Mississippi news outlets.

Behrdawg
11-05-2013, 09:21 AM
we seriously need to start black balling some media members. we get the word out and they'll stop the BS. until then, we'll continue to allow ourselves to be treated like crap across Mississippi news outlets.

^^^THIS^^^ times 1k

SPMT
11-05-2013, 09:30 AM

Absolutely!

You don't see this shit in Tuscaloosa Gainesville Columbia et al.

Nut up and ban these clowns!

Dawgfan77
11-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Mathew Steven. Mullen basically called him stupid last week so he has an agenda

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Haha well I didn't even know what happened and I could hear his hate for Mullen through my ear phones. I was blown away by how he felt he was entitled to a better answer from Dan and that he's worried about what's happening under Dan's watch. I'm as critical as anyone towards Mullen, but this SOB clearly is letting his personal feelings make its way into his reporting.

The Croom Diaries
11-05-2013, 10:08 AM
As everyone knows I am Matt Stevens biggest fan*.

Here's where I called for MSU to black ball / stone wall him: http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2013/06/07/msu-probation-part-1-of-4-wardlaw-and-stevens/

Here's where I expose his stupidity and hypocrisy: http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2013/10/11/matt-stevens-enigma/

Here's where I show his disdain for MSU: http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2013/03/10/twitter-shows-some-writers-true-colors/

He is the only beat writer MSU cannot control at the moment. He does his own thing. He does not care about getting new readers for his paper or doing anything for the benefit of MSU. All the players, fellow media and MSU administration dislike him. He is arrogant and annoying. He is absolutely clueless when it comes to being a decent human being or successful business person. He thought he'd be long gone from the Golden Triangle by this point because he thinks he's so good, but the truth is he sucks so he's stuck at the lowly Columbus Dispatch. All this and he seriously thought he had a shot at the C-L and DJ opening. And even more laughable, he put his name in the ring to be our baseball SID, HA! He is #2 on my list of people I want removed from the MSU community only behind Bracky.

maroonmania
11-05-2013, 10:13 AM

Same guy that said we bought Will Redmond a car. He is actually interesting with some of his views of the on the field activity but he is such a jerk about everything that it makes it tough to overcome that to listen to him. Apparently he is a mid-westerner that has been at the Starkville paper and now at the Columbus paper. Don't know why he doesn't move on somewhere but whatever. Same guy that kept saying Bell was the best FG kicker we have (maybe Dan paid him to say that) and now keeps on about Quay's traffic activity where he was pulled over for a "rolling stop" at a stop sign and apparently taken into custody because he didn't get his fine paid from back in August. Well here is news, Quay is a college athlete from not the most well off background, maybe he didn't have the money to pay the fine? We could have somebody pay if for him but then Stevens would probably write a front page article to get the NCAA back on our case. MSU definitely needs to stop treating their beat writers with kid gloves.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-05-2013, 10:22 AM
He isn't on the staff list for BSR, so was he on a show as a guest or is he part of a show with someone?

The Croom Diaries
11-05-2013, 10:27 AM
He isn't on the staff list for BSR, so was he on a show as a guest or is he part of a show with someone?

He has his own show. It's relatively new so that's probably why they don't list him. He used to have a show way back when but as I mention here (http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2013/10/11/matt-stevens-enigma/) he thought BSR was a "cheerleader for MSU" so he quit. Also, his only friend was Wardlaw, so that should help in understanding what a goon this guy is.

drunkernhelldawg
11-05-2013, 10:31 AM
We can't even control our fieldgoal team and you want us to control the media? That's one reason the radio sucks so bad; too many people trying to control what the ten or 15 people listening hear and think about. The rest of us don't bother to tune in and hear the party line; we've got it memorized.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-05-2013, 10:32 AM
He has his own show. It's relatively new so that's probably why they don't list him. He used to have a show way back when but as I mention here (http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2013/10/11/matt-stevens-enigma/) he thought BSR was a "cheerleader for MSU" so he quit. Also, his only friend was Wardlaw, so that should help in understanding what a goon this guy is.
Jesus, that makes zero sense to have a guy with an agenda on an MSU sports radio channel. Don't the managers/owners realize that people aren't going to listen to his shit? I wouldn't want a person working for my radio/newspaper and saying they don't care if fans read or listen.

maroonmania
11-05-2013, 10:36 AM

I like the new show better than the old (both with the same name of "Full Court Press") because he has a host with him, a guy named Joel Coleman, that is a full out MSU fan that at least helps balance out Stevens.

preachermatt83
11-05-2013, 10:37 AM
We talk big but we never do anything!!! Why don't everyone on this board either tweet or email the dispatch and tell them that is that idiot Matt Stevens is allowed to remain the msu beat writer then we will not sleep until the dispatch is all together black balled at msu in every sport.

preachermatt83
11-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Does his paper have a twitter handle

M.Fillmore
11-05-2013, 10:43 AM
We talk big but we never do anything!!! Why don't everyone on this board either tweet or email the dispatch and tell them that is that idiot Matt Stevens is allowed to remain the msu beat writer then we will not sleep until the dispatch is all together black balled at msu in every sport.

Take it further. The Columbus area dogs that advertise should withhold ads. If you know Columbus area business owners, tell them to pressure the paper to can his butt.

The Croom Diaries
11-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Jesus, that makes zero sense to have a guy with an agenda on an MSU sports radio channel. Don't the managers/owners realize that people aren't going to listen to his shit? I wouldn't want a person working for my radio/newspaper and saying they don't care if fans read or listen.

Well the manager of Bulldog Sports Radio is Brian Hadad, or HD6 from 6-pack fame. He is probably the only person who likes Stevens for some reason. Just like you didn't know who he was, I doubt many others do either. And many don't realize the day in age we are in where MSU can control the message and are not subject to the whims of the media - many still think we are in the era of when journalism is important.

I don't think Stevens has an agenda against MSU, but he thinks he's a hard hitting journalist so he has no bones about exposing MSU if possible (i.e. Will Redmond). I have no proof, but I think the owners of the Dispatch are OM people, and have him as the MSU beat reporter because they know he will expose them without being accused of being a OM homer because clearly he is a carpetbagger.

The Croom Diaries
11-05-2013, 10:58 AM

I have tried this. The push back is substantial. There is only a small sect of people who know what Stevens is or even care about his approach. It's part of the problem in the MSU fanbase...not enough people care to fight for MSU. In fact, it's the other way around. Instead of folks supporting me for trying to bring down Stevens I get all kinds of people saying, "you can't control Stevens", "quit getting onto beat writers", etc.

CadaverDawg
11-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Well the manager of Bulldog Sports Radio is Brian Hadad, or HD6 from 6-pack fame. He is probably the only person who likes Stevens for some reason. Just like you didn't know who he was, I doubt many others do either. And many don't realize the day in age we are in where MSU can control the message and are not subject to the whims of the media - many still think we are in the era of when journalism is important.

I don't think Stevens has an agenda against MSU, but he thinks he's a hard hitting journalist so he has no bones about exposing MSU if possible (i.e. Will Redmond). I have no proof, but I think the owners of the Dispatch are OM people, and have him as the MSU beat reporter because they know he will expose them without being accused of being a OM homer because clearly he is a carpetbagger.

Shocked to hear that HD6 likes Stevens*

I actually think HD6 is good on the radio, but I just never understand why he allows guys like Stevens and people like the rebel trolls that he protects on SPS to ruin everything MSU that he is involved in.

The only thing I can think is that controversy is better for message boards and radio than just being all in for MSU. And he must hold his business above MSU. I may be wrong though.

preachermatt83
11-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Man that's just sad. I vow now to do everything in my power to see that he is blackballed even if I am all alone.

The Croom Diaries
11-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Shocked to hear that HD6 likes Stevens*

I actually think HD6 is good on the radio, but I just never understand why he allows guys like Stevens and people like the rebel trolls that he protects on SPS to ruin everything MSU that he is involved in.

The only thing I can think is that controversy is better for message boards and radio than just being all in for MSU. And he must hold his business above MSU. I may be wrong though.

I think it's just a different view he has on things. I think you think like me - all in for State and if you're not for us you're against us. He sees it as objectivity, or something like that. I do think he is good on radio, and I agree with most of what he says.

Barking 13
11-05-2013, 11:14 AM

actually, some OM ties and some of the kids went to AL and Northwestern , I believe. The Commercial Dispatch readership has declined by, I'd say, at least 60% - 70% in recent years. There's just not much to it unless you want to read about the "illustrious" Mayor and city council, which are a bunch of buffoons. They can't be paying him very much.. I just don't get Stevens. Some of the few articles I have read (in my Mom's paper when I visit) have been generally decent, but he comes across as an @$$ in the mean time...

The Croom Diaries
11-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Man that's just sad. I vow now to do everything in my power to see that he is blackballed even if I am all alone.

You should start @MattyDispatch back up. Stevens had it suspended because I didn't put "parody" in the description. You'd have to call it @MattyDispatch2 because the other one still exists, but is unseen.

Political Hack
11-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Someone should post the CD's contact information in this thread. Also, who are their biggest advertisers?

Barking 13
11-05-2013, 11:29 AM
http://www.cdispatch.com/

TheRef
11-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Someone should post the CD's contact information in this thread. Also, who are their biggest advertisers?

662-328-2424 | PO Box 511, Columbus, MS 39703-0511

Ads on main online page:
Columbus Orthopedic
Baptist Memorial Hospital
Adventure ATV (West Point)
The Hitching Lot

maroonmania
11-05-2013, 11:46 AM

This is our biggest problem in the media world in general, most everyone in Mississippi in media (owners, publishers, reporters, etc.) are either OM folks or have no affiliation one way or the other. There is NOBODY in the MS media defending MSU that is for darn sure and that is why EVERYTHING negative that happens around MSU is in the paper so fast it makes your head spin while negative OM stuff either is greatly delayed in getting in the media or never gets reported on at all.

woozman
11-05-2013, 11:52 AM

Yeah, that was great. He was about to ask a stupid question and so he said "I'm about to ask a stupid question". Mullen promptly stated that "there are no stupid questions just stupid people who ask questions (paraphrased)".

woozman
11-05-2013, 11:55 AM

That show is actually not too bad. I really like the co-host, Joel.

The Croom Diaries
11-05-2013, 12:15 PM
I decided to listen to the show after this thread. Stevens in even worse form than usual. My favorite was "hey fans, let us know what you think about Mullen blowing up before the half - please understand that your opinion doesn't matter and will have no affect on Mullen's behavior, but we'd like to hear from you". He called Mullen a raving lunatic about 5 times in that show. If anyone decides to listen, just listen to the second half of it.

preachermatt83
11-05-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm gonna do it. Haha.

preachermatt83
11-05-2013, 12:32 PM
That was for the matty dispatch.

notsofarawaydawg
11-05-2013, 01:03 PM

He and Matt had a special relationship at one time. They share the same agenda as far as MSU football goes. HD6's wife got tired of Matt hanging out in the bedroom all the time so she booted him from the house. Now the only way they see each other is on BSR. HD6 should stick to making pizzas and I have encouraged several MSU businesses to stop their ads as long as Stevens is on board. Of course the Imes don't give a shit about Mississippi State so he will be there forever along with this former inmate Slim who takes every chance to berate the coaches and players. He's their so called managing editor with an inmate background.

BogeyGolfer
11-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Serious question... I'll wait for your reply

messageboardsuperhero
11-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Our administration needs to sit every beat writer we have down and explain to them that their credentials are a privilege, not a right.

You don't have to pump sunshine up your reader's asses and be the administration's mouthpiece, but if you go out of your way to try to hurt the athletic department (ie. the bs Will Redmond story, the overblown nature of Quay's ticket, etc.) then your privileges will be revoked and you'll probably lose your job. No other school puts up with the amount of shit we do from our own regional media.

They need us to stay afloat more than we need them to write damaging stories about us. Let them know this Stricklin.

The Croom Diaries
11-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Our administration needs to sit every beat writer we have down and explain to them that their credentials are a privilege, not a right.

You don't have to pump sunshine up your reader's asses and be the administration's mouthpiece, but if you go out of your way to try to hurt the athletic department (ie. the bs Will Redmond story, the overblown nature of Quay's ticket, etc.) then your privileges will be revoked and you'll probably lose your job. No other school puts up with the amount of shit we do from our own regional media.

They need us to stay afloat more than we need them to write damaging stories about us. Let them know this Stricklin.

You kind of have to be careful with that because the media likes to stick together and if we did actually black ball a writer then we would get harassed by all kinds of media - national, etc. They would figure out ways to make our program look bad. While we don't need the local media to get out the message anymore, we don't need them and especially the regional and national media against us. It will affect recruiting. I think MSU does about as much as they can to Stevens aside from just totally refusing to answer his questions. Just in the last week Mullen called him stupid at a press conference. They all despise him. Everyone gives him the cold shoulder. Stevens is just so tone deaf he doesn't recognize what's going on.

Right now we have Logan Lowery - MSU guy. Mike Bonner - done nothing bad. Gene, Robbie, Bob and Paul are all for MSU. Ben Wait no one even knows about hardly. Stevens is the only issue - he's the only one who is out of their control. The rest of them realize they have to toe the party line to get more information out of the athletic department. Steven's source (Wardlaw) is gone so I don't anticipate much more out of him. Overall, I think MSU does a pretty good job handling the media - better than it used to be. I wrote a story about this last week (sorry to keep dropping links, shameless self promotion) http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2013/11/01/msu-athletic-department-making-mockery-media/ - MSU has them ALL in lock step with the belief that Mullen will get an extension and there is no chance he will be fired even if we lose out. Even the hierarchy of this board has bought in. It's part of controlling the message, which they are doing well.

Barking 13
11-05-2013, 02:24 PM
kinda off topic, but who is the tall dark haired guy with glasses that you always see in the background of all the interviews (handler)