PDA

View Full Version : State vs Ole Miss 2019

Dawgology
07-12-2020, 05:07 PM
On SEC network right now. Makes me remember how glad I am that Moorhead has moved on.

Commercecomet24
07-12-2020, 05:23 PM
I'm watching it too. Our offense was so hard to watch.

Dawgology
07-12-2020, 05:45 PM

And sloooooooooowwwww

Tripp McNeely
07-12-2020, 06:01 PM

As bad as we were though, om was soooo much worse!! The game was NOWHERE near as close as the score indicated!

Commercecomet24
07-12-2020, 06:11 PM
And sloooooooooowwwww

Painfully slow!!!

Commercecomet24
07-12-2020, 06:11 PM
As bad as we were though, om was soooo much worse!! The game was NOWHERE near as close as the score indicated!

I agree, this game should've been much more one sided score wise.

KOdawg1
07-12-2020, 06:17 PM
I know he came in and threw a pick, but if Corral plays the whole game, they probably win. He's a better QB than JRP. That said, we were the better team. We were just poorly coached.

Commercecomet24
07-12-2020, 06:20 PM
I know he came in and threw a pick, but if Corral plays the whole game, they probably win. He's a better QB than JRP. That said, we were the better team. We were just poorly coached.

Is it just me or did the announcers make plumlee seem like the second coming of Tebow? GeeZ

KOdawg1
07-12-2020, 06:38 PM
Is it just me or did the announcers make plumlee seem like the second coming of Tebow? GeeZ
I don't get the hype. Yeah, he's quick but he can't hit the broad side of the barn throwing the football. If you want to stop him, watch Shoop's game plan from that night.

BeardoMSU
07-12-2020, 06:51 PM
Painfully slow!!!

It boggles the mind, really. What about "his offense" did Joe think was so great? I know it worked in the past, so I guess the answer is some guys are just better as coordinators than HCs.

Commercecomet24
07-12-2020, 06:54 PM
It boggles the mind, really. What about "his offense" did Joe think was so great? I know it worked in the past, so I guess the answer is some guys are just better as coordinators than HCs.

That's a really good question. The only answer I can come up with is that he didn't face sec type DLs very often before.

Commercecomet24
07-12-2020, 06:57 PM
I don't get the hype. Yeah, he's quick but he can't hit the broad side of the barn throwing the football. If you want to stop him, watch Shoop's game plan from that night.

Shoops game plan was awesome against them. Brought pressure from the edges to force Plumlee to stay inside and not get out in space. Plumlee is a very good athlete but he's not a ab. I heard them compare him to favre, manziel and Vick all in one sentence. Amazing!

Todd4State
07-12-2020, 07:00 PM
Joe struck me as someone that was pretty insecure. Maybe it was because he knew he was in over his head. I don't know.

But it seemed like he was always trying to make this perfect Bill Walsh-esque play call trying to impress everyone with how smart he was. The result was usually our team standing around for 30 seconds waiting to find out what to run. And what confused me about that is in theory if you run a RPO the "defense should always be wrong" because either the pass should be there or if not- either the QB run or handing it off should be there. So why change unless it's a dire situation and you have to throw the ball downfield to come back or something like that?

Nick Fitzgerald had an interview that shed the light on what many said before. Basically we went from Dan Mullen and his staff cussing and yelling at our guys all the time to Moorhead coming in and wanting to be everyone's friend and a lot of our guys took that as "weakness" and took advantage of it to paraphrase Fitz.

Ultimately it was like Cohen said when he fired him- he just wasn't a fit.

Todd4State
07-12-2020, 07:06 PM

Yeah. That busted coverage made it a LOT closer because we were pretty much running on them ALL NIGHT LONG. We won the turnover battle.

Again- with SEC average S&C and discipline we probably beat them 35-10 or something like that. We also dropped a punt that basically gave them a short field and gifted them another TD as well. So add SEC average ST in there as well although that was one of our better games ST wise.

Ole Miss was basically devoid of any talent outside of Ealy, Plumlee, and maybe Elijah Moore.

Commercecomet24
07-12-2020, 07:10 PM
Y'all can call me crazy but I honestly believe Nick Gibson was a more explosive back than
Kylin and I'm not knocking Kylin but I think Nick was underused.

Todd4State
07-12-2020, 07:13 PM
Y'all can call me crazy but I honestly believe Nick Gibson was a more explosive back than

For that game he was as good as Kylin. I think some of that was because it was senior night honestly which gave him more of a bump. He was a good back and probably was still underutilized though.

The top five thing that Moorhead did really limited how we used our personnel. We wasted Malik Dear last year whether we used him at receiver or back.

Commercecomet24
07-12-2020, 07:16 PM
For that game he was as good as Kylin. I think some of that was because it was senior night honestly which gave him more of a bump. He was a good back and probably was still underutilized though.

The top five thing that Moorhead did really limited how we used our personnel. We wasted Malik Dear last year whether we used him at receiver or back.

Nicks feet have always looked quicker to me than Kylin and I bet his 40 time is better, but you're right joe really limited what we did personnel wise.

KOdawg1
07-12-2020, 07:35 PM

Kylin tried too hard that game. There were several instances where he could've plowed ahead for several yards, but tried to go East to West, and they gobbled him up. Gibson was a very good back.

Commercecomet24
07-12-2020, 07:38 PM
Kylin tried too hard that game. There were several instances where he could've plowed ahead for several yards, but tried to go East to West, and they gobbled him up. Gibson was a very good back.

Wish joe would've used them in some 2 back sets but oh well. We've had quality rbs for quite awhile now and I like it.

Tripp McNeely
07-12-2020, 08:03 PM
Dumber move by Elijah Moore...the leg hike or the ?fair catch? Signal...after he caught the ball??? I?d argue the latter!

Todd4State
07-12-2020, 08:11 PM
Dumber move by Elijah Moore...the leg hike or the ?fair catch? Signal...after he caught the ball??? I?d argue the latter!

One was definitely more impactful than the other that's for sure. I was laughing my ass off at both.

Commercecomet24
07-12-2020, 08:20 PM
One was definitely more impactful than the other that's for sure. I was laughing my ass off at both.

Me too!

R2Dawg
07-12-2020, 08:32 PM

Nick was a stud back we didn't get enough out of. Honestly, I somewhat agree with you. Gibson had all the tools, wish he still had a couple years on him.

Maroonthirteen
07-12-2020, 08:41 PM

GIbson was quicker and had a faster top end. I have no clue what the deal was there.

Commercecomet24
07-12-2020, 08:53 PM
GIbson was quicker and had a faster top end. I have no clue what the deal was there.

Yeah always looked like it to me too. Nick did put the ball on the ground a few times.

Todd4State
07-12-2020, 09:55 PM
Yeah always looked like it to me too. Nick did put the ball on the ground a few times.

He was also suspended some too. Not that Joe was a disciplinarian or Nick was the only one by any stretch of the imagination.

Mobile Bay
07-12-2020, 10:06 PM
I am so happy those shitbird coaches got fired and the next generation of NCAA penalty coaches got hired up there. And in all honesty I think Cohen saved hos job getting us The Pirate. Otherwise we were done and Schafer leaving would have killed him after his many screwups (like Can and losing Lemonis)

Todd4State
07-12-2020, 10:09 PM
I am so happy those shitbird coaches got fired and the next generation of NCAA penalty coaches got hired up there. And in all honesty I think Cohen saved hos job getting us The Pirate. Otherwise we were done and Schafer leaving would have killed him after his many screwups (like Can and losing Lemonis)

Speaking of- I don't think MSU has gotten apology from Ole Miss for the incident. I know that Luke apologized to Ole Miss fans for it happening.

Anyway- I think Cohen is safe as long as a certain faction wants their perks.

Mobile Bay
07-12-2020, 10:11 PM
Speaking of- I don't think MSU has gotten apology from Ole Miss for the incident. I know that Luke apologized to Ole Miss fans for it happening.

Anyway- I think Cohen is safe as long as a certain faction wants their perks.

No we didn't, which is fine by me. H8te fuels the dawg.

Dawgology
07-13-2020, 08:52 AM

I laughed my ass off when that happened. I initially thought "wow...that hit will be a penalty". I'm suprised in this day and age it wasn't.

TrapGame
07-13-2020, 09:08 AM
This game extended our misery into bowl season. Not to have Joe packed and ready to leave before this game is just unacceptable. It was obvious to Stevie Wonder he was in way over his head in the conference.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2020, 09:12 AM
This game extended our misery into bowl season. Not to have Joe packed and ready to leave before this game is just unacceptable. It was obvious to Stevie Wonder he was in way over his head in the conference.

It all worked out for the best though.

I'm not positive we would've hired Leach if we would've fired Joe after this game.

Plus, by getting skull drug by Louisville, it made even the Joe supporters realize that change was necessary.

Again, I don't love the way it was handled, but all that ends well is well & this ended about the best way possible.

TrapGame
07-13-2020, 09:21 AM
It all worked out for the best though.

I'm not positive we would've hired Leach if we would've fired Joe after this game.

Plus, by getting skull drug by Louisville, it made even the Joe supporters realize that change was necessary.

Again, I don't love the way it was handled, but all that ends well is well & this ended about the best way possible.

That's true. It did workout for the best. Had Arkansas been less of dumpster fire he would have been given the axe before the EB.

Joe hanged himself with the whole "business trip" BS. He's all talk.

fishwater99
07-13-2020, 02:05 PM
Where is Matt Luke now?

BeardoMSU
07-13-2020, 02:10 PM
Where is Matt Luke now?

Georgia OLine coach.

Commercecomet24
07-13-2020, 02:25 PM
Where is Matt Luke now?

He's eatin a smothered and covered meal at a Waffle House somewhere in Georgia.

BeardoMSU
07-13-2020, 02:34 PM

Actual footage**

https://media1.giphy.com/media/SqAhz4XjakHsI/giphy.gif

Commercecomet24
07-13-2020, 02:40 PM
Actual footage**

https://media1.giphy.com/media/SqAhz4XjakHsI/giphy.gif

Nice!

Luke always reminded me of private Pyle from full metal jacket

msu15
07-13-2020, 02:41 PM

Nothing wrong with Waffle House.

Commercecomet24
07-13-2020, 02:50 PM
Nothing wrong with Waffle House.

I agree.

BeardoMSU
07-13-2020, 03:48 PM
Nice!

Luke always reminded me of private Pyle from full metal jacket

I've said it before, but to me, Luke looks like the love child of Ron White and Mamma Fratelli....

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1HIfNI92Mjw/maxresdefault.jpg
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/goonies/images/9/94/Mama_sword.png/revision/latest?cb=20181027011747
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2019/12/gettyimages-1183608488-e1575263120511.jpg?w=610&h=343&crop=1

TrapGame
07-13-2020, 03:59 PM
I don't know Beardo. There's some Meatloaf in there too.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2036/5517/products/MUS000386026_600x.jpg?v=1556026099

BeardoMSU
07-13-2020, 04:30 PM

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2036/5517/products/MUS000386026_600x.jpg?v=1556026099

LOL! Yep, you're right....I guess it was a menage a trois, then.

BeardoMSU
07-13-2020, 04:33 PM

In death, members of "Project Mayhem" have a name; his name, is Robert Paulson".**

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RectangularFlimsyKitty-small.gif