PDA

View Full Version : Why I think sports should play the full normal season.

Mobile Bay
07-12-2020, 01:19 PM
The simple fact is this. College age people, students or not, are acting mostly as if life is normal.

I met a group of guys at the beach recently they were 18 of them in a house, all players for some DIII team out of Texas.

I have cousins at Alabama and the frats there are having parties.

You don't have to be a biology major to know that that age bracket is having as much nightly activities as it can. Hell other diseases have never stopped the species from that.

And you know the athletes are not any different.

Therefore I believe the chance of a player catching the virus if the games are played is not very much larger than the chance of a player catching the virus without the games being played.

chef dixon
07-12-2020, 01:54 PM
I agree in that people in general are not taking this seriously enough to make a huge difference even without sports. It doesn't mean playing sports is the right thing to do, but I don't think playing on top of what people are doing now changes anything. It has been such a disjointed response and continues to be so, which has been our biggest problem as a nation.

AmiteDog
07-12-2020, 01:56 PM
It has been said ad nauseum, this has nothing to do with keeping the kids safe. We have to protect maw maw. We have to shut down everything, kill the economy, and hibernate so we can protect the olds

Joebob
07-12-2020, 02:09 PM
It has been said ad nauseum, this has nothing to do with keeping the kids safe. We have to protect maw maw. We have to shut down everything, kill the economy, and hibernate so we can protect the olds

I guess your grandparents don't count, but other people's do. As for the economy, the state mandates undoubtedly affected business, but the economy was already shutting down before the mandates went into effect, and the people with money to spend are staying home because of people like you. Sorry to burst your narrative.