PDA

View Full Version : Some JUCO football news

coachnorm
07-10-2020, 07:21 PM
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/college/story/2020-07-09/junior-college-sports-california-played-spring

I thought I would give fellow elitedoggers some football news

Dawgology
07-10-2020, 07:42 PM
That’ll be a busy spring for them. What will it change if there’s no vaccine by then?

ZedFedder
07-10-2020, 07:44 PM
Here is the thing, the best JUCO players won’t be there in the spring... Many will sign in Feb (or so) then early enroll. Stupid.

Ezsoil
07-10-2020, 09:50 PM
Here is the thing, the best JUCO players won?t be there in the spring... Many will sign in Feb (or so) then early enroll. Stupid.

Throw in the fact that California JUCO sports are pretty much a joke....this is a nothing burger...

Commercecomet24
07-10-2020, 10:11 PM
My son signed with jones to play baseball. Coaches told him that the njcaa is considering moving all sports to the spring. Jones even tweeted it out.

Commercecomet24
07-10-2020, 10:12 PM
Delete

msbulldog
07-11-2020, 09:16 AM
My son signed with jones to play baseball. Coaches told him that the njcaa is considering moving all sports to the spring. Jones even tweeted it out.

Good luck to your son! Tell him if he gets a chance bounce a foul ball off of ole Barney Farrar's bald head!

ShotgunDawg
07-11-2020, 09:32 AM
That means all our JUCO guys will get a redshirt and have 3 years of eligibility. Great year to load up on JUCO if so

Maroonthirteen
07-11-2020, 09:37 AM
https://www.wtva.com/content/sports/NJCAA-to-recommend-moving-fall-sports-to-spring-571697291.html

Would be a fun day on a JUCO campus if you had football, baseball, softball and soccer games.

Commercecomet24
07-11-2020, 12:41 PM
Good luck to your son! Tell him if he gets a chance bounce a foul ball off of ole Barney Farrar's bald head!

Thanks and I'll tell him!!!

coachnorm
07-11-2020, 12:51 PM
Throw in the fact that California JUCO sports are pretty much a joke....this is a nothing burger...

http://www.scfafootball.com/landing/index

Just to share with fellow elitedoggers, I will explain California JUCO football. Southern California has about 37 programs that play football. There are two conferences called the National and American. Think of the National as the SEC and the American as CUSA for example. Every two years three from the National are relegated down to the American and three from the American are promoted to the National. The movement is determined by winning records. The association determines the schedules and not the teams themselves. The National will only be authorized to play only one American team on its schedule and that game is not negotiated between teams. No American team is allowed to compete for a State championship. Only the top two American teams play post season, something like establishment of a CUSA championship in SEC country. There is a huge difference between the two conferences and you may have seen American Conference games of lesser quality. The program that I have coached has a student body of 25,000 at times so JUCOs are large in may parts of Californis.

Ari Gold
07-13-2020, 08:53 AM
One of the dumbest decisions yet...

ZedFedder
07-13-2020, 08:53 AM

Correct.

ShotgunDawg
07-13-2020, 08:54 AM

Agree.

People don't realize that the youth have been playing sports for months now with no issues

Commercecomet24
07-13-2020, 10:59 AM
Agree.

People don't realize that the youth have been playing sports for months now with no issues

Yes they have. Travel baseball and basketball been happening most of the summer.