PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in July on Hallmark channel

Commercecomet24
07-09-2020, 06:53 PM
Y'all take a break from covid and political warfare and go watch some Christmas movies. It sure looks we could all use a break and since there's no sports this is the best I could do. Peach on Earth, Goodwill to Men!

BrunswickDawg
07-09-2020, 07:13 PM
Good idea. Or, do what I did and have a Jimmy Stewart marathon - Mr. Smith goes to Washington, The Man who Shot Liberty Valance, The Shootist, and Harvey

Bothrops
07-09-2020, 07:17 PM
With the hens occupied with that, now is a good time to find a new hobby, or delve back into an old one.

Commercecomet24
07-09-2020, 07:29 PM
Good idea. Or, do what I did and have a Jimmy Stewart marathon - Mr. Smith goes to Washington, The Man who Shot Liberty Valance, The Shootist, and Harvey

Man I love Jimmy Stewart. Been watching a lot of old westerns lately. Wayne, Eastwood, Stewart, etc. just watched Tombstone again for about the 300th time. My favorite Jimmy Stewart movie is Strategic Air Command.

Commercecomet24
07-09-2020, 07:33 PM
With the hens occupied with that, now is a good time to find a new hobby, or delve back into an old one.

I've got back out on the road seeing my accounts about a month ago. Everytime I go my wife does some remodeling project while I'm gone. She's already redone 2 bathrooms our master bedroom, built a dog pen and a few other things. I been in north alabama all this week and Monday night I noticed a large purchase on my Lowe's card, so I'm anxious to see what she's done this time.

TrapGame
07-09-2020, 07:58 PM
My wife got me into The Good Witch. I mean, come on, it has Catherine Bell in it.

Commercecomet24
07-09-2020, 08:00 PM
My wife got me into The Good Witch. I mean, come on, it has Catherine Bell in it.

Ah another Catherine Bell fan! Been a fan of hers since JAG!

confucius say
07-09-2020, 08:49 PM
I've got back out on the road seeing my accounts about a month ago. Everytime I go my wife does some remodeling project while I'm gone. She's already redone 2 bathrooms our master bedroom, built a dog pen and a few other things. I been in north alabama all this week and Monday night I noticed a large purchase on my Lowe's card, so I'm anxious to see what she's done this time.

Ms commerce can build a dog pen?

Commercecomet24
07-09-2020, 08:54 PM

She can. She can build/remodel just about anything. And she's a tall blonde on top of all that! I'm blessed!

BeardoMSU
07-09-2020, 08:55 PM
Ah another Catherine Bell fan! Been a fan of hers since JAG!

En Fuego!

BeardoMSU
07-09-2020, 08:56 PM

And skin a buck, and run a trot line**

Commercecomet24
07-09-2020, 09:04 PM
And skin a buck, and run a trot line**

I don't know about those 2, but I know if I taught her she could do it!

Commercecomet24
07-09-2020, 09:05 PM
En Fuego!

100% pure hotness!

BeardoMSU
07-09-2020, 09:34 PM
100% pure hotness!

She bad.

Prediction? Pain.
07-09-2020, 09:34 PM

That dude's career was ridiculous. Add to the ones you just named -- and this is just off the top of my head -- Rear Window, Vertigo, The Philadelphia Story, It's a Wonderful Life, Rope, and Anatomy of a Murder. I mean, what the hell, man?

Related aside/minor thread hijack: TCM's on-demand app is legit. Every movie they air on the channel is available to stream for between 7 and 30 days. Right now, that includes Stagecoach, Harvey, Charlie Chaplin's The Kid, Bob Dylan's Don't Look Back, Hitchcock's Stranger on a Train, The Defiant Ones (Poitier and Tony Curtis), Woody Allen's Manhattan, The Philadelphia Story, Gaslight, An American in Paris, and 10. And that's jusr scratching the surface. If you've got a Roku or Apple TV or smart TV or whatever and are at all interested in classic movies, you should check it out.

Commercecomet24
07-09-2020, 09:38 PM
That dude's career was ridiculous. Add to the ones you just named -- and this is just off the top of my head -- Rear Window, Vertigo, The Philadelphia Story, It's a Wonderful Life, Rope, and Anatomy of a Murder. I mean, what the hell, man?

Related aside/minor thread hijack: TCM's on-demand app is legit. Every movie they air on the channel is available to stream for between 7 and 30 days. Right now, that includes Stagecoach, Harvey, Charlie Chaplin's The Kid, Bob Dylan's Don't Look Back, Hitchcock's Stranger on a Train, The Defiant Ones (Poitier and Tony Curtis), Woody Allen's Manhattan, The Philadelphia Story, Gaslight, An American in Paris, and 10. And that's jusr scratching the surface. If you've got a Roku or Apple TV or smart TV or whatever and are at all interested in classic movies, you should check it out.

I appreciate you letting us know about that app. I'm gonna get it! Thanks!

ETA another movie by Stewart that I love is "The Stratton Story". Excellent.

BeardoMSU
07-09-2020, 09:40 PM

This^

BrunswickDawg
07-09-2020, 09:42 PM
She can. She can build/remodel just about anything. And she's a tall blonde on top of all that! I'm blessed!

Something about tall blondes with skills. My tall blonde rebuilt a Chevy 350 small block to go in her ‘77 Gran Prix when she was 16. I knew 2 things when she told me that - 1) I was hooked; and 2) her Dad raised a girl who was not to be 17’d with

BrunswickDawg
07-09-2020, 09:44 PM
I appreciate you letting us know about that app. I'm gonna get it! Thanks!

ETA another movie by Stewart that I love is "The Stratton Story". Excellent.

It’s integrated into HBOMax too - the catalog is unreal.

DownwardDawg
07-09-2020, 09:47 PM
Man I love Jimmy Stewart. Been watching a lot of old westerns lately. Wayne, Eastwood, Stewart, etc. just watched Tombstone again for about the 300th time. My favorite Jimmy Stewart movie is Strategic Air Command.

Love Tombstone. I use quotes from that movie at work all the time. The younguns look at me like I’m crazy.

Commercecomet24
07-09-2020, 09:54 PM
Something about tall blondes with skills. My tall blonde rebuilt a Chevy 350 small block to go in her ‘77 Gran Prix when she was 16. I knew 2 things when she told me that - 1) I was hooked; and 2) her Dad raised a girl who was not to be 17’d with

That's awesome! Sounds like you're a blessed man too! My wife ain't much of a mechanic but household stuff and repairs she can get it done! She's also one not to be trifled with, one of the things that attracted me to her 36 years ago(looks first) but her independent streak. I love a woman that's not needy!

Commercecomet24
07-09-2020, 09:55 PM
It’s integrated into HBOMax too - the catalog is unreal.

Appreciate that info!

Commercecomet24
07-09-2020, 09:59 PM
Love Tombstone. I use quotes from that movie at work all the time. The younguns look at me like I’m crazy.

Ha! I have to watch it every time it comes on!

"You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?!"

msstatelp1
07-10-2020, 09:27 AM

And he did it all while serving in WW II and remaining in the Air Guard afterwards and attaining the rank of Brigadier General.

DownwardDawg
07-10-2020, 10:30 PM
https://youtu.be/yYw99W_gniQ

My son wrote this song this week. He?s performing it in Nashville Monday and Tuesday night, along with other originals for producers.

It starts out about a kid with cancer, then rolls into that young man being in the military and losing his legs but gaining his hair back! Then it ends with grandpa telling the kids to be respectful and don’t say negative things.

Commercecomet24
07-11-2020, 01:09 AM
https://youtu.be/yYw99W_gniQ

My son wrote this song this week. He?s performing it in Nashville Monday and Tuesday night, along with other originals for producers.

It starts out about a kid with cancer, then rolls into that young man being in the military and losing his legs but gaining his hair back! Then it ends with grandpa telling the kids to be respectful and don’t say negative things.

That's awesome! That'll bring tears to your eyes! Thank you for sharing!

parabrave
07-11-2020, 11:10 AM
Y'all take a break from covid and political warfare and go watch some Christmas movies. It sure looks we could all use a break and since there's no sports this is the best I could do. Peach on Earth, Goodwill to Men!

Dam that means they took Frasier off for a month

parabrave
07-11-2020, 11:12 AM
And he did it all while serving in WW II and remaining in the Air Guard afterwards and attaining the rank of Brigadier General.

Most people don't know but he married a lady with a son who he raised as his own. the son was killed in the Vietnam war.

Commercecomet24
07-11-2020, 12:36 PM
Dam that means they took Frasier off for a month

Naw frasier still on starting at midnight. One of my favorite all time shows and I still watch it when I'm still awake.