PDA

View Full Version : Summer finally on the way

starkvegasdawg
07-09-2020, 06:43 AM
Euro and GFS showing dangerous heat index values of 106-115 in the Tuesday - Thursday timeframe for next week for much of MS. Surface temps will be in the 94-100 range. And one thing to keep in mind...these values are officially measured in the shade. If you are out in the full sun add another 20 degrees.

I know. This is MS and it does this every year. Were used to it as much as you can get used to heat. Just don't let this first wave sneak up on you. Keep activities to mornings and evenings. Drink lots of water. Check on the elderly and those without AC. AND FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY, DON'T LEAVE YOUR KIDS IN THE BACKSEAT OF YOUR CAR. If you do, I sincerely hope you become the prison bitch of the most perverted sex addict in prison who also happens to be packing a footlong member for the rest of your life.

FISHDAWG
07-09-2020, 07:01 AM
thanks Stark and thumbs up

Dawgology
07-09-2020, 09:25 AM
Well...scratch golf for next week... dammit

DownwardDawg
07-09-2020, 10:41 AM
Tell us how you really feel Stark!!! Seriously though, thanks a bunch for these threads. I’ve fished a couple times this week and the humidity was brutal. I was soaked when I got back in the truck.

Dawgface
07-09-2020, 02:43 PM

I've had to scratch golf most of this week because of rain.

RocketDawg
07-09-2020, 02:55 PM

We're just going early in the morning. Being retired has its advantages.

RocketDawg
07-09-2020, 02:57 PM
I've had to scratch golf most of this week because of rain.

We had thunderstorms (actually, very little thunder or wind, just rain) yesterday afternoon and had just under 3" in around a half hour. Humidity today is pretty sultry, even though the temp is "only" 87. Dewpoint is 74.

RezDog7
07-09-2020, 03:15 PM
Will this heat finally kill Covid?