PDA

View Full Version : Any Tour De France Fans

parabrave
07-09-2020, 01:25 AM
I know there are a few I just can't remember who you are. NBCSN is having a all month Tour classic races in prep for the tour which will start in August. I can't wait. After last years surprise i wonder who will win it this year.

PCHSDawg
07-09-2020, 09:41 AM
I watch it sporadically, depends on my work schedule. Missed most of last year's race due to work.

redstickdawg
07-09-2020, 09:58 AM
I usually enjoy watching but Fromme and Skye made it unwatchable for the last few years. Probably similar to the times when Lance was winning so much for the folks that didn't like him,

parabrave
07-09-2020, 11:24 AM
I usually enjoy watching but Fromme and Skye made it unwatchable for the last few years. Probably similar to the times when Lance was winning so much for the folks that didn't like him,

Well Skye has been basically broken up/ Thats why I liked last year when the young columbian won. Thank heaven for Hail Storms on the last stage before Paris.

KentuckyDawg13
07-09-2020, 02:39 PM
I have been so out of cycling "news" that I didn't even realize it was scheduled for August. When you have a racing event that's bigger than the Superbowl in a country that has decreased the number of COVID19 cases as most civilized countries have, it is doable. Unlike this country, where grown men are offended by wearing a mask in the grocery store thus creating a pandemic situation into a nightmare situation.
Froome is a cheat, and an ugly rider. Looks like a goof on a bike. Hope his days are gone.
This is probably one of the most open years ever, in that there are so many contenders: Egan Bernal, Thibaut Pinot, Primoz Roglic, etc.
Thanks for the NBCSN update.

parabrave
07-09-2020, 05:35 PM
I have been so out of cycling "news" that I didn't even realize it was scheduled for August. When you have a racing event that's bigger than the Superbowl in a country that has decreased the number of COVID19 cases as most civilized countries have, it is doable. Unlike this country, where grown men are offended by wearing a mask in the grocery store thus creating a pandemic situation into a nightmare situation.
Froome is a cheat, and an ugly rider. Looks like a goof on a bike. Hope his days are gone.
This is probably one of the most open years ever, in that there are so many contenders: Egan Bernal, Thibaut Pinot, Primoz Roglic, etc.
Thanks for the NBCSN update.
Froome hasn't raced in 2 years. Sagan has been killing it in the Green Jersey the last couple of years.

dogshiek
07-09-2020, 10:20 PM
Uniball killed it for me

dogshiek
07-09-2020, 10:34 PM
Uniball killed it for me

KentuckyDawg13
07-10-2020, 06:41 AM
AND yet, Froome is the favorite. Sagan is much more than a green jersey rider.

parabrave
07-10-2020, 11:10 AM
AND yet, Froome is the favorite. Sagan is much more than a green jersey rider.

I like Sagan but he is a sprinter. He is terrible in the mountains, which most sprinters do bad in the mtns. Problem for this year is there have been no California, Madrid tours and the Leige to Bastgone race have been canceled. I hope Alaphillipe gets another chance to win it, and not another hailstorm.