BigDawg81
07-08-2020, 09:17 PM
3* Kadarius Calloway decommits from State and commits to Alabama

msstate7
07-08-2020, 09:26 PM
Tomorrow you'll have to edit post to "4-star"

ejdallas322
07-08-2020, 09:30 PM
These guys really do enjoy riding the bench huh?

BigDawg81
07-08-2020, 09:30 PM
Tomorrow you'll have to edit post to "4-star" or maybe even 5

msstate7
07-08-2020, 09:33 PM
or maybe even 5

Haha, maybe so. To be fair though, if saban wants him this early, he's probably deserving of 4-star status

ShotgunDawg
07-08-2020, 10:18 PM
Philly gonna Philly

Place is ground zero for a recruiting cesspool

No recruitment in that town is ever over including this one

TUSK
07-08-2020, 11:57 PM
Haha, maybe so. To be fair though, if saban wants him this early, he's probably deserving of 4-star status

this is correct.

msbulldog
07-09-2020, 06:27 AM
That's what the name Alabama will do for you. Freddie Roach couldn't recruit his momma at Mississippi, he goes to Bama snd steals one from us.

FISHDAWG
07-09-2020, 07:03 AM
We're still ahead of them - I'll take Shavers over this guy

1bigdawg
07-09-2020, 07:41 AM

Shavers fills an immediate need, but Calloway would be a 3/4 year starter at safety.

FISHDAWG
07-09-2020, 07:43 AM
Shavers fills an immediate need, but Calloway would be a 3/4 year starter at safety.

so which one would you rather have ?

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2020, 07:50 AM
so which one would you rather have ?

It's not an either/or in any sense.

You need both to compete

Our coaching instability has really hurt our instate recruiting. We're losing more to Bama and LSU than we did when Mullen and Freeze were rolling.

We gotta get this kid back.

Homedawg
07-09-2020, 08:03 AM

Huh

FISHDAWG
07-09-2020, 08:41 AM
Huh

Shavers is signed with us ....Callaway is only committed meaning we still have a chance with him (even if it's a long shot)- if I remember correctly ...... wasn't referring to overall recruiting- of course Bama smashes us every year .... maybe I should have used better terminology - a bird in the hand kinda thing

FISHDAWG
07-09-2020, 08:43 AM

You need both to compete

Our coaching instability has really hurt our instate recruiting. We're losing more to Bama and LSU than we did when Mullen and Freeze were rolling.

I get that ... I was asking if we had to choose between the two- who would we pick

Saltydog
07-09-2020, 08:49 AM
Maybe he needs to talk to Lashley before making that decision...?.

Tripp McNeely
07-09-2020, 09:02 AM

You need both to compete

Go sign Lofton, Moore and Nabers at WR. Move Buckhaulter to Safety...problem solved.

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2020, 09:23 AM
I get that ... I was asking if we had to choose between the two- who would we pick

We'll have to see what Callaway's final rating is so that we can make a talent comparison.

However, HS kids are usually more valuable because you can build a team culture & leadership around them.

I cringe at how often I hear about a JUCO guy that hasn't even played yet for MSU becoming a leader on the MSU team & we hear that fairly often. We need more strong HS recruits to set the tone for the program. JUCO's should be there to complement the HS recruits & fill in holes on the roster. Not to set the tone for the program & I think that's been happening way too often lately

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2020, 09:25 AM
Go sign Lofton, Moore and Nabers at WR. Move Buckhaulter to Safety...problem solved.

Problem solved?

We're trying to beat Bama, not Kentucky.

While technically your idea here fills the hole, we need all the best players we can get. That's obvious & stupid that I even feel the need to type that.

This is a Mississippi kid down the street that we need to get back & then we need to go take Deion Smith back.

DownwardDawg
07-09-2020, 09:59 AM
We should have kept that damn flag!! ***

Todd4State
07-09-2020, 10:04 AM
We'll have to see what Callaway's final rating is so that we can make a talent comparison.

However, HS kids are usually more valuable because you can build a team culture & leadership around them.

I cringe at how often I hear about a JUCO guy that hasn't even played yet for MSU becoming a leader on the MSU team & we hear that fairly often. We need more strong HS recruits to set the tone for the program. JUCO's should be there to complement the HS recruits & fill in holes on the roster. Not to set the tone for the program & I think that's been happening way too often lately

I totally agree. JUCOs can be leaders but the core leadership needs to come from guys that have been in the program for 3-5 years. Dan really slacked off with that later in his tenure here.

Tripp McNeely
07-09-2020, 10:05 AM
Problem solved?

While technically your idea here fills the hole, we need all the best players we can get. That's obvious & stupid that I even feel the need to type that.

This is a Mississippi kid down the street that we need to get back & then we need to go take Deion Smith back.

So from your personal evaluation, how much better of a safety does Calloway project out as than Buckhaulter?? Strengths of each, weaknesses, etc.? That has to be the premise behind your argument right, because it wouldn?t make any sense if not!

I obviously hate losing Calloway because it narrows the margin for error, but in your professional opinion, how much worse are we under my scenario?

HailStateSZN19
07-09-2020, 10:25 AM
Problem solved?

then we need to go take Deion Smith back.

It does sound like this door is not completely shut. Not saying it's going to happen. We need some things to go our way. Like Brennan needs to be an average QB and not go crazy and the LSU offense come back down to earth (Chase and Marshall are going to get theirs, we just don't need Brennan throwing for 3,500+ yds) & then we need to go light it up and have KJ throw for 4,000+ yards. Sounds like there's work to be done with Deion but it's still within realistic possibilities that we take him back later down the road.

R2Dawg
07-09-2020, 08:59 PM
Problem solved?

Gun you really show how smart you are with the ridiculous insults. Just stop, post your opinion and move on. Good grief.

Tripp McNeely
07-09-2020, 09:05 PM
So from your personal evaluation, how much better of a safety does Calloway project out as than Buckhaulter?? Strengths of each, weaknesses, etc.? That has to be the premise behind your argument right, because it wouldn?t make any sense if not!

I obviously hate losing Calloway because it narrows the margin for error, but in your professional opinion, how much worse are we under my scenario?

...crickets