PDA

View Full Version : So now that sports and politics are all mixed together can someone

R2Dawg
07-07-2020, 05:51 PM
explain to me how the moderators are going to separate the two? Go ahead and lock them all, shut it down but don't stop some threads that don't agree with your narrative.

For those that say moderators shut down political threads, every thread is a political thread. And thanks to the mob, there are no discussion of sports without politics being brought in.

I am one that I wish everyone would leave politics out of sports. I get that with no sports, BLM stuff, kneeling anthems, etc. we may never remove politics from sports again.

Sports has been one area that has brought people together but not now.

Dawgtini
07-07-2020, 06:42 PM
By design unfortunately.

ScoobaDawg
07-08-2020, 01:51 AM
Look.. it has nothing about pushing an agenda for either side...

and how will it be handled... carefully.

FISHDAWG
07-08-2020, 07:06 AM
I think the mods have been pretty consistent with allowing content for discussion ... It's pretty easy to see when a thread is going bad or possibly causing damage where damage could be avoided ... I would much prefer sports discussion but folks like Shotgun are ostracized when they start too many post on whatever in an effort to promote sports discussion ... please feel free to bring something sports related to the board - I think everyone is starving for it

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-08-2020, 07:13 AM
Sports are entertainment and were an escape, but with COVID and the race war my perspective has changed. It will never be the same again and some people need perspective on its importance. If I have to choose between fully supporting BLM to watch sports or not watching sports at all, I guess I'll be doing more outdoors activities.

coastratdog
07-08-2020, 07:34 AM
Where is Shotgun?

bostondawg
07-08-2020, 08:28 AM
It isn't hard to separate what's okay for the board and not. R2Dawg, it's only you who refuses to understand the difference.

Let me take a wild guess and what their criteria are:
Okay: Sports-related politics. Things that affect MSU playing, policy toward coronavirus, team name changes and political correctness in sports. It's expected that people remain civil.

Not okay: Low-effort, trash posts blindly about BLM. Zero ties to sports, literally only meant to incite people--not phrased in any way to allow for reasonable civil discussion. Like a 6 year old mashing keys on a keyboard.

Oh, what do you know R2Dawg? You posted the latter kind.

Extendedcab
07-09-2020, 12:06 AM
It isn't hard to separate what's okay for the board and not. R2Dawg, it's only you who refuses to understand the difference.

Okay: Sports-related politics. Things that affect MSU playing, policy toward coronavirus, team name changes and political correctness in sports. It's expected that people remain civil.

Not okay: Low-effort, trash posts blindly about BLM. Zero ties to sports, literally only meant to incite people--not phrased in any way to allow for reasonable civil discussion. Like a 6 year old mashing keys on a keyboard.

I read what he is saying is this:

When sports comes back alive and is televised, television channels will politicize it with the BLM, Black National Anthem (never knew there was a seperate Black "Nation" with its own anthem), kneeling, or whatever. This is not what we want to see - we want to see SPORTS and only SPORTS and not any political biases or other "statements" not related to sports. We want to see players that love the game play the game to the best of their ability and are proud to be there representing their university/club and not a bunch sh--theads, including reporters/announcers trying making a statement and get their 2 minutes of fame.

Cowbell
07-09-2020, 12:09 AM
Does this mean I can sell my coffee on here now?!

Commercecomet24
07-09-2020, 12:15 AM
Sports used to be a way for me to get away from the stress of life for a little while. I remember watching sportscenter back in the day for highlights and sports news. That's all been taken away and even in live sports now they have to interject politics, what a shame. As Bob Dylan sang times they are changin'

Commercecomet24
07-09-2020, 12:16 AM
Does this mean I can sell my coffee on here now?!

Now that's funny I don't care who you are!

Todd4State
07-09-2020, 12:46 AM

When sports comes back alive and is televised, television channels will politicize it with the BLM, Black National Anthem (never knew there was a seperate Black "Nation" with its own anthem), kneeling, or whatever. This is not what we want to see - we want to see SPORTS and only SPORTS and not any political biases or other "statements" not related to sports. We want to see players that love the game play the game to the best of their ability and are proud to be there representing their university/club and not a bunch sh--theads, including reporters/announcers trying making a statement and get their 2 minutes of fame.

Yep. Thing is once this is "over" if there ever really is an end to it eventually sports fans will turn against the media trying to drive politics into their sports. People will pay to get the local broadcast to avoid it. ESPN will wonder what happened.

MrCoachKlein
07-09-2020, 12:18 PM
Yep. Thing is once this is "over" if there ever really is an end to it eventually sports fans will turn against the media trying to drive politics into their sports. People will pay to get the local broadcast to avoid it. ESPN will wonder what happened.

ESPN app sky cam + local broadcast FTW

Gutter Cobreh
07-09-2020, 02:31 PM

Did you forget to include the current POTUS' spectacle at the Daytona 500 this year or did I skip over that part of your analogy???****

I kid, but I think the mods have done a great job. There has been civil discussions on here in the absence of sports. Just as the other discussion for sports this fall and the economic impact - unfortunately, it appears money and professional leagues (and their players) want to keep mixing the two and I don't see it untangling.

dantheman4248
07-09-2020, 04:23 PM
Scoob's kept the board from spiraling into utter calamity while at the same time allowing needed discussion to prevent this place from becoming an echo chamber on either side.

He's actually done a hell of a job at keeping shit clean here and been very lenient in this weird time we live in. My only complaint is he hasn't banned one troll off this board yet, but that guy's days are numbered with how he posts.

Signed,

A guy who got banned by Scoob recently.

R2Dawg
07-09-2020, 06:56 PM

Boston, where have you been? Every thread on the board for months ends up a political or race topic. Again where have you been with kneeling and the anthem for years and especially coming up. It will be mixed forever more and I hate it but like others. The next sports season will be a crap show of politics, it already is. Not dealing with politics is one of great draws of sports and it was also a unifying one. It will not be anymore. Nor is it on this board either.

If it goes too far I'll walk away. I already have to some degree. I have lots of outdoor hobbies. I'm not going to put up with the mob in my sports too. You acting just like the cancel culture, say anything you don't like and get rid of them. Carry on.

R2Dawg
07-09-2020, 06:57 PM

Hope you are right but most people seem to love this and support all this junk.

BeastMan
07-09-2020, 08:08 PM
There are no sports right now besides UFC. So how bout we just don't post anything except mixed martial arts threads? I'm kidding. Right now things aren't normal in any way so just pull your pants up and deal with it. This is a free message board that moderators moderate for free.

Matt3467
07-09-2020, 08:19 PM
I've slowly been drifting away from sports for a few years now and it's because of the reason you mentioned. I don't want politics in my sports but sadly it's the way it is now. College used to be an outlet but even that's been infected by the pc crowd now.

Remember when MTV was music all day long and now it's dumb reality tv all day. I don't believe they even play music anymore. Sad but like CC said earlier times they are a changin'.

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2020, 08:48 PM
Where is Shotgun?

I'm here, but I gotta admit: I'm pretty tapped on sports discussion topics without any sports going on.

- We can only guess so much about what a Mike Leach coached MSU team will look like - We've done that

- The thought of college football not being played is so depressive to me that I have absolutely no passion for discussing it.

- I'm done with politics & the virus discussion as well. We get told so many different things by so many people with agendas that I have trouble separating truth from reality. Others seem to be much more confident in their ability to do that*

- The country needs sports not only for local college town economies, but also so the country has an emotional outlet. I have no doubt that at least some portion of the political passion in the country right now is due to there being no sports for which people to be distracted by and to pour their emotions into. Thus they just pour their emotions into politics, which isn't healthy.

- I'll start sports threads once I have something to talk about or a non political bone to pick. As of now, I'm tapped out though. I can only make chicken salad out of chicken shit for so long.

- I don't get paid to post. It's not my job but it is a hobby. When I post, I typically post on something that I'm passionate about or I want to learn about. When there isn't any sports & I refuse to argue about politics, what am I supposed to post about?

This virus has literally done what so many on here have failed to do.... shut me up

ShotgunDawg
07-09-2020, 08:58 PM
I've slowly been drifting away from sports for a few years now and it's because of the reason you mentioned. I don't want politics in my sports but sadly it's the way it is now. College used to be an outlet but even that's been infected by the pc crowd now.

Remember when MTV was music all day long and now it's dumb reality tv all day. I don't believe they even play music anymore. Sad but like CC said earlier times they are a changin'.

Politics are in sports only because athletes have influence

Commercecomet24
07-09-2020, 08:59 PM
I'm here, but I gotta admit: I'm pretty tapped on sport discussion topics without any sports going on.

- We can only guess so much about what a Mike Leach coached MSU team will look like - We've done that

- The thought of college football not being played is so depressive to me that I have absolutely no passion for discussing it.

- I'm done with politics & the virus discussion as well. We get told so many different things by so many people with agendas that I have trouble separating truth from reality. Others seems to be much more confident in their ability to do that*

- The country needs sports not only for local college town economies, but also so the country has an emotional outlet. I have no doubt that a least some portion of the political passion in the country right now is due to there being no sports for which people to be distracted by and to pour their emotions into. Thus they just pour their emotions into politics, which isn't healthy.

- I'll start sports threads once I have something to talk about & a non political bone to pick. As of now, I'm tapped out though. I can only make chicken salad out of chicken shit for so long.

- I don't get paid to post. It's not my job but it is a hobby. When I post, I typically post on something that I'm passionate about or I want to learn about. When there isn't any sports & I refuse to argue about politics, what am I supposed to post about?

This virus has literally done what so many on here have failed to do.... shut me up

Best post you've ever made! I'm right exactly there with you! I can't take anymore of the covid/political warfare because everyone thinks they're right and it's just a huge circle going nowhere. Life without sports is depressing thank heavens my sons playing summer baseball and been working with him getting ready for baseball at Jones(hopefully they'll be playing in the spring).

Commercecomet24
07-09-2020, 09:02 PM

Yeah I miss the days MTV(music television) was actually music television and sports were sports and not a platform for politics. Those were some good times and not that long ago.

Gutter Cobreh
07-09-2020, 09:58 PM
There are no sports right now besides UFC. So how bout we just don't post anything except mixed martial arts threads? I'm kidding. Right now things aren't normal in any way so just pull your pants up and deal with it. This is a free message board that moderators moderate for free.

You forgot that golf is still being played. Gotta admit though, it's even more boring without fans.

Also, NASCAR - but I enjoyed them driving simulated cars more than the physical ones.

I'm sorry that you were laid off from Elitedawgs due to the virus! I know unemployment sucks, but I'm sure they'll rehire you as a content creator once sports start back! Hang in there!****

dantheman4248
07-09-2020, 10:51 PM
European soccer is cruising along just fine currently.

Nascar is doing well though the first driver tested positive so we'll see how that goes for Jimmie.

Golf is an option.

There's actually minor league baseball going right now. Honestly with their policy I'm debating going. Need that beer / dog day at the park vibe.

Matt3467
07-10-2020, 12:17 AM
There's actually minor league baseball going right now. Honestly with their policy I'm debating going. Need that beer / dog day at the park vibe.

Our minor league team cancelled their season.

Ari Gold
07-10-2020, 06:55 AM
Sports isn’t political.. it’s one sided...

Drew Bresse is example A
Mike Grundy example B

Gundy wears a ****ing T-shirt that 80% of people have no clue what it is and there is zero that is offensive about it.. cost him a million dollars and that Scarlett letter for the rest of his coaching career and basically life
Gregg Pop all but says America sucks and does say the flag is irrelevant ... crickets and is praised for his courage

Drew says he doesn’t agree anyone should knell for the anthem .. might as well said I’m a nazi and clan member .. compared to
Well Basically pick any other athlete or sports figure head Lebron, Kap, Shannon Sharon, Desean jackson, Stephen jackson, ect...
It’s silly, it’s embarrassing, it’s ridiculous, it’s tired, and it’s killing sports..

basedog
07-10-2020, 07:02 AM

Drew Bresse is example A
Mike Grundy example B

Gundy wears a ****ing T-shirt that 80% of people have no clue what it is and there is zero that is offensive about it.. cost him a million dollars and that Scarlett letter for the rest of his coaching career and basically life
Gregg Pop all but says America sucks and does say the flag is irrelevant ... crickets and is praised for his courage

Drew says he doesn’t agree anyone should knell for the anthem .. might as well said I’m a nazi and clan member .. compared to
Well Basically pick any other athlete or sports figure head Lebron, Kap, Shannon Sharon, Desean jackson, Stephen jackson, ect...
It’s silly, it’s embarrassing, it’s ridiculous, it’s tired, and it’s killing sports..

+1 You Knocked it out of the park! I'm so sick of Professional Sports and National News Media!

Matt3467
07-10-2020, 09:51 AM
Sports isn?t political.. it?s one sided...

Drew Bresse is example A
Mike Grundy example B

Drew says he doesn?t agree anyone should knell for the anthem .. might as well said I?m a nazi and clan member .. compared to
It?s silly, it?s embarrassing, it?s ridiculous, it?s tired, and it?s killing sports..

Great post. The best way I can describe how one sided politics are being pushed in sports is militant. I don't want to hear it anymore.

dantheman4248
07-10-2020, 10:21 AM

Drew Bresse is example A
Mike Grundy example B

Yes. One sided. And two more already jumped in to agree with you. So smart.

Gundy and Brees kept their jobs.

Kaepernick can't sign with a team.

Yes. One sided.

Get out of your echo chamber, sheesh.

All 3 of y'all praising a post that makes you FEEL good and isn't based in REALity. Bunch of snowflakes.

dantheman4248
07-10-2020, 10:22 AM
Great post. The best way I can describe how one sided politics are being pushed in sports is militant. I don't want to hear it anymore.

Black people don't want to die from the cops anymore.

It's almost like this would stop if we would fix that and punish murderers instead of have dozens of police line up to protect a guy caught on video kneeing on a man's neck for 8 minutes.

ShotgunDawg
07-10-2020, 10:53 AM

It's almost like this would stop if we would fix that and punish murderers instead of have dozens of police line up to protect a guy caught on video kneeing on a man's neck for 8 minutes.

There are 800,000 police officers in America. How in the hell are you going to prevent one bad cop from doing something stupid?

I'm all for fixing racism, but I haven't the slightest clue how you fix this

BB30
07-10-2020, 11:31 AM

Why do people keep bringing the Floyd issue up? I have yet to see one single person, conservative or liberal or whatever you can possibly be say that anything about that situation was ok. Most have stated that it was disgusting and that he and the cops with him should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

There were hundreds of videos of police chiefs and sheriffs walking hand in hand with BLM peaceful protesters. You want to paint with a broad brush on one end while making other issues that lean liberal and that are bad simply just "one individual" and not the entire movement.

People looting and breaking in and hurting innocent people are just individuals that don't have the same view points as BLM but if we are talking about cops you tend to paint with a broad brush? Why?

basedog
07-10-2020, 01:31 PM

Yes. One sided.

All 3 of y'all praising a post that makes you FEEL good and isn't based in REALity. Bunch of snowflakes.

Well damn, I do feel better, but u swung and missed badly saying or thinking I am a snowflake.

ShotgunDawg
07-10-2020, 01:53 PM

1. I don't think he wants to play
2. He's a bad QB
3. Listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Efgb82GAo&t=2s

Kapernick is an absolutely terrible leader for any movement. I'm totally in favor of improving race relations in every way possible, but Kapernick does nothing but hurt the cause, not because he kneeled, but because he bad guy.

dantheman4248
07-10-2020, 02:23 PM
There are 800,000 police officers in America. How in the hell are you going to prevent one bad cop from doing something stupid?

I'm all for fixing racism, but I haven't the slightest clue how you fix this

There is always a line of cops right there to protect that bad cop. One bad apple....... spoils the bunch. So how to do we prevent regular people from doing bad things? We punish them. There are laws for a reason. Cops are people. Why do they get higher leniency? Cops always get the benefit of the doubt even when "their cameras fall off." There's a lot of simple steps we as a society can take. But there's also an important step that the "good" cops can take. They can, ya know, be a good cop. Stand up against bad cops.

Instead we have almost 1000 videos since Derek Chauvin murdered George Floyd of police brutality. In almost every one of those cases the cops feel back in rank and file and were protected. So until those good cops condemn those bad cops, they are also bad cops. It's called guilt by association and aiding / abetting. You say there was one bad cop that day where George Floyd died, I say there was one evil murderer, two men already turned bad by the corrupt system they work in, and a fourth guy who tried to speak out but ultimately lost out to the corrupt system.

As for your comment about kaep, him not being a "good" quarterback simply isn't true. The dude was in a SB ffs. That's one of the fastest skill flame-outs ever. But besides that you missed the point. The point is Ari Bronze had a shit comment that wasn't true. I provided the obvious counter example.

dantheman4248
07-10-2020, 02:25 PM
Well damn, I do feel better, but u swung and missed badly saying or thinking I am a snowflake.

Snowflake

A hypersensitive, irrational person who can't stand to have their world views challenged, or be offended in any perceived or even slightest of ways; they will have any number of emotional reactions: impuning character and/or motives, blocking on social media, shouting, interrupting, threatening, assaulting, etc. They often live in an echo chamber of their own beliefs and surround themselves exclusively with people and opinions that agree with their own.

Hmmm

dantheman4248
07-10-2020, 02:36 PM
Why do people keep bringing the Floyd issue up? I have yet to see one single person, conservative or liberal or whatever you can possibly be say that anything about that situation was ok. Most have stated that it was disgusting and that he and the cops with him should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

There were hundreds of videos of police chiefs and sheriffs walking hand in hand with BLM peaceful protesters. You want to paint with a broad brush on one end while making other issues that lean liberal and that are bad simply just "one individual" and not the entire movement.

People looting and breaking in and hurting innocent people are just individuals that don't have the same view points as BLM but if we are talking about cops you tend to paint with a broad brush? Why?

There are hundred of those photo ops you mentioned that were followed up hours later by beating the ever loving shit out of Americans with tear gas, riot gear, etc.

There is so much more than Floyd, but it is the PERFECT analogy for what the police system is.

1 bad cop. 1 enabler broken by the system. 2 younger cops speaking up for what's right and getting shot down multiple times. People like to believe we're inherently good; however, I'd wager 90% of us would do exactly what those 2 did.

The system is broken and needs to be fixed. It enables too easily for abuse of police power. The fact that the nation has had so much rioting and looting and Louisville won't even arrest the 3 cops who carried out an execution on Breonna Taylor on even the suspicion of murder is an indictment of just how bad it is.

I want to reiterate this point. Burning the country to the ground is not enough for us to say that breaking into a place in plain clothes without a warrant and shooting the people in the home is a punishable offense for police. They can literally bust into your house with no warning and no identification, murder you, and you go to jail for fighting back. We still haven't gotten any retribution for that.

So any cop that wants to call themselves good... go arrest those ****s and then we'll listen. Until they are locked up, it stands that all cops have the ability to kill with impunity. If you won't stand against that and actively fix that problem then you as a cop are the problem.

basedog
07-10-2020, 03:23 PM
Snowflake

A hypersensitive, irrational person who can't stand to have their world views challenged, or be offended in any perceived or even slightest of ways; they will have any number of emotional reactions: impuning character and/or motives, blocking on social media, shouting, interrupting, threatening, assaulting, etc. They often live in an echo chamber of their own beliefs and surround themselves exclusively with people and opinions that agree with their own.

Hmmm

Funny how this describes you to the T.

dantheman4248
07-10-2020, 03:39 PM
Funny how this describes you to the T.

How am I the one in an echo chamber here? It literally can't describe me to a T on that alone. I'm literally arguing on a board with a majority of people whose biggest city they've been to is Jackson, NOLA or Mobile.

Beyond that I'm constantly coming back to a place where my views are challenged repeatedly. If I couldn't stand that why am I still here? Sure I attack character and motives of those lacking good character. I've only muted one user on here and that was more out of respect to the top mod here. Nowhere I've threatened / assaulted people.

So that loops us back to you believing in what you feel over what is real.

basedog
07-10-2020, 03:53 PM
How am I the one in an echo chamber here? It literally can't describe me to a T on that alone. I'm literally arguing on a board with a majority of people whose biggest city they've been to is Jackson, NOLA or Mobile.

Beyond that I'm constantly coming back to a place where my views are challenged repeatedly. If I couldn't stand that why am I still here? Sure I attack character and motives of those lacking good character. I've only muted one user on here and that was more out of respect to the top mod here. Nowhere I've threatened / assaulted people

So don't call anyone a snowflake, I didn't make a comment directly to you until you didn't like me agreeing with Ari comments. Actually I could care less what you think and for the most part what others think. That's why I stay away from the virus conversations and the political conversations for the most part.

dantheman4248
07-10-2020, 05:11 PM
So don't call anyone a snowflake, I didn't make a comment directly to you until you didn't like me agreeing with Ari comments. Actually I could care less what you think and for the most part what others think. That's why I stay away from the virus conversations and the political conversations for the most part.

If you don't like the way your shirt fits, change something.

R2Dawg
07-12-2020, 02:21 PM
Sports isn?t political.. it?s one sided...

Drew Bresse is example A
Mike Grundy example B

Drew says he doesn?t agree anyone should knell for the anthem .. might as well said I?m a nazi and clan member .. compared to
It?s silly, it?s embarrassing, it?s ridiculous, it?s tired, and it?s killing sports..

Bingo

Todd4State
07-12-2020, 04:11 PM

Yes. One sided.

Kaepernick doesn't want a job. Try again. The Patriots offered him the same deal as Cam Newton and he wanted 20 million.

BeardoMSU
07-12-2020, 04:30 PM
Kaepernick doesn't want a job. Try again. The Patriots offered him the same deal as Cam Newton and he wanted 20 million.

Not sure about the seriousness of that Pat's deal. I do know he didn't want to be a backup, despite the fact that's exactly what he was prior to him protesting. Even as a starter, he was never that good, and if he was, he'd still be playing. The nfl will tolerate just about anything for a quality QB.
A backup? Not so much.

dantheman4248
07-12-2020, 08:21 PM

It's like you attack the example but ignore the obvious point of the post that Mr. Ari Tungsten decided that only his group was persecuted. They didn't even have anything bad happen to them other than getting the freebie to walk back their idiotic comments.

Michael Sam went from SECDPOY to not a snap in the regular season of NFL. Eric Reid had to have a team be desperate for a safety for a job. But only white men with shit opinions are persecuted.

Really Clark?
07-12-2020, 09:44 PM
It's like you attack the example but ignore the obvious point of the post that Mr. Ari Tungsten decided that only his group was persecuted. They didn't even have anything bad happen to them other than getting the freebie to walk back their idiotic comments.

Michael Sam went from SECDPOY to not a snap in the regular season of NFL. Eric Reid had to have a team be desperate for a safety for a job. But only white men with shit opinions are persecuted.

Sam is not a good example. He couldn?t play in the league. He was too small for DE and could only play on one side as an end and didn?t have the speed to play Outside LB. He was one of several 7th rounders that were cut that rookie season, only 22 of the 41 7th rounders that year made the final cuts for their team. Rams kept a player with nearly the same stats but could play multiple DL positions. Dallas signed him to practice squad but that pretty much ended his NFL career. His combine numbers hurt his stock a good bit. The best after the combine he was looking at 5th- 6th round tops. Prior to the combine, he was rated as a possible 3rd - 4th rounder. He wasn?t great at the Senior Bowl either. He had a great year at Mizzou but it was not sustainable in the league.

Todd4State
07-12-2020, 10:04 PM

I attacked the example where you were clearly wrong. And nothing you say is going to change that. Actually I could and should have pointed out that Kaepernick has actually been given offers a number of times but each time he has turned it down.

And Michael Sam? You might want to look up Dave Kopay and Esera Tuaolo before you go that route. Or the little known fact that Vince Lombardi- yes, that Vince Lombardi had a brother who was gay and told his coaches in the 1960's that he would fire them if he heard them utter any gay slur.

See there is this little thing in sports where you have to actually PERFORM to play. And if you suck it doesn't matter if you are Billy Graham or if you are RuPaul they're not going to offer you. If they offer you a job like they did Kaeprnick and the player turns it down- that's not the NFL's problem either. They'll go sign someone else that wants to play in the NFL while little sheep like you buy their activist bullshit and talk about how bad off they are while they just signed a contract with Disney.

dantheman4248
07-13-2020, 12:27 AM
So neither of you went for Eric Reid.

I'll just consider that an argument won and you two can't see past what happened that the NFL players couldn't tolerate an openly gay player in the locker room at that point.

How many SEC DPOY never played a down in the NFL? Really just a coincidence that the one that didnt is gay and somehow once he's out is not suitable for the NFL? Plenty of players have had bad workouts and still gotten a chance in game.

But again, the point stands that all 3 that I mentioned had a significantly more difficult time in their respective field than the two Ari Iron mentioned. But it's totally one-sided against bigoted idiots.

Really Clark?
07-13-2020, 07:59 AM

I'll just consider that an argument won and you two can't see past what happened that the NFL players couldn't tolerate an openly gay player in the locker room at that point.

How many SEC DPOY never played a down in the NFL? Really just a coincidence that the one that didnt is gay and somehow once he's out is not suitable for the NFL? Plenty of players have had bad workouts and still gotten a chance in game.

But again, the point stands that all 3 that I mentioned had a significantly more difficult time in their respective field than the two Ari Iron mentioned. But it's totally one-sided against bigoted idiots.

You didn’t win anything, Michael Sam was a poor example, you lost that. No matter how many times you declare yourself a winner of something, it just means the delusion of your opinion is higher than others, narcissistic mindset with false objectivity. You are letting your blind agenda distort the fact he couldn’t play in the league. Period. Gay or not gay he was not good enough. Had absolutely nothing to do with his sexuality, and you think the league didn’t know about him before he came out openly to the media? We was already out 6 months before the interview because he told his teammates. The SEC knew and still selected him SEC DPOY. The league still drafted him. BTW depending on the pundit, there were players rated ahead of Sam not even drafted. It’s subjective but he along with half of the other 7th rounders were not good enough. But you are not champion those players since they don’t fit your false argument.

I didn’t address the other players because it’s that’s separate issues altogether. Sam just flat could not play and he got the same opportunity that 20 other 7th rounders got who were ultimately cut as well.

Political Hack
07-13-2020, 08:16 AM
Sports: I can't wait to see what Mike Leach does in 2021 when college football returns.

Go...

Ari Gold
07-13-2020, 09:05 AM

All of this proves one thing... You are part of the problem... a huge part of the problem..

bostondawg
07-13-2020, 09:44 AM
Banning black people from baseball in the early days? Political.
Jackie Robinson's debut? Political.
MSU vs. Loyola's Game of Change? Political.
Miracle on Ice? Political. (https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cold-war-sheet-ice-political-legacy-miracle-ice/story?id=29185852)
The United States boycotting the 1980 Olympics? Political. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Summer_Olympics_boycott)
Bubba Wallace adding Black Lives Matter to his car? Political.
Ole Miss's entire history: Dixie, Confederate Flags at games, Colonel Reb, the Rebels name? All political.
Numerous athletes protesting the Vietnam war during the national anthem? Political. (https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-1968-race-activism-overview-20180716-htmlstory.html)
Numerous athletes protesting for black lives during the national anthem? Also political!
The national anthem before games at all? F22 flyovers before games? Refusing to fly the Mississippi flag at sporting events? Making kids say the pledge of allegiance every day? Political.

Sports--and indeed, our entire lives--are filled with politics everywhere you look. And always have been. Just because you haven't been paying attention doesn't change that fact. You don't get to tell athletes to "shut up and dribble" any more than they get to tell you to "shut up and watch."

Many of you are mentioning how you're slowly drifting away from watching sports because politics you disagree with make you uncomfortable. That you're finding new hobbies. That's good! You should take care of your mental health and create whatever spaces you need to feel better. You don't have a constitutional right to watch sports without politics. But you do have a right to not watch sports at all!

In short: if you are complaining about black lives matter politics in sports right now, but you didn't say a squeak about any of the things above, you're a hypocrite. You don't get to pick and choose which politics you think are acceptable in sports.

BeardoMSU
07-13-2020, 09:54 AM
You don't get to tell athletes to "shut up and dribble" any more than they get to tell you to "shut up and watch."

This should be on a bumper sticker, lol.

Percho
07-13-2020, 10:42 AM
Banning black people from baseball in the early days? Political.
Jackie Robinson's debut? Political.
MSU vs. Loyola's Game of Change? Political.
Miracle on Ice? Political. (https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cold-war-sheet-ice-political-legacy-miracle-ice/story?id=29185852)
The United States boycotting the 1980 Olympics? Political. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Summer_Olympics_boycott)
Bubba Wallace adding Black Lives Matter to his car? Political.
Ole Miss's entire history: Dixie, Confederate Flags at games, Colonel Reb, the Rebels name? All political.
Numerous athletes protesting the Vietnam war during the national anthem? Political. (https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-1968-race-activism-overview-20180716-htmlstory.html)
Numerous athletes protesting for black lives during the national anthem? Also political!
The national anthem before games at all? F22 flyovers before games? Refusing to fly the Mississippi flag at sporting events? Making kids say the pledge of allegiance every day? Political.

Sports--and indeed, our entire lives--are filled with politics everywhere you look. And always have been. Just because you haven't been paying attention doesn't change that fact. You don't get to tell athletes to "shut up and dribble" any more than they get to tell you to "shut up and watch."

Many of you are mentioning how you're slowly drifting away from watching sports because politics you disagree with make you uncomfortable. That you're finding new hobbies. That's good! You should take care of your mental health and create whatever spaces you need to feel better. You don't have a constitutional right to watch sports without politics. But you do have a right to not watch sports at all!

In short: if you are complaining about black lives matter politics in sports right now, but you didn't say a squeak about any of the things above, you're a hypocrite. You don't get to pick and choose which politics you think are acceptable in sports.

An excellent post.

I am an old white man.

We all have our inbred faults to overcome and with the help of God may it be so!

dantheman4248
07-13-2020, 07:51 PM
All of this proves one thing... You are part of the problem... a huge part of the problem..

That your poor wittle feel good it's ok to be kkk tv station being attacked is the biggest injustice in your life and the only problem you have to deal with? Oh what a ****ing life you have there Ari Lead.

Todd4State
07-13-2020, 09:16 PM

OK. Well, I'll address it. The FACT that he protested with Kaepernick and still played in the NFL after the protest and signed a deal with the Panthers worth 22 million makes you even more wrong about Kaepernick.

Any other red herrings that you would like for me to address like I did with the gay player issue that you apparently completely glossed over that also proved you completely wrong? I mean when Vince ****ing Lombardi says that it isn't OK to discriminate against gay people I don't know what else you want.

The only thing that's obvious is that you are going continue to be a beta male that bitches just to bitch and can't see the facts through your tears.

shoeless joe
07-13-2020, 09:32 PM
Not sure about the seriousness of that Pat's deal. I do know he didn't want to be a backup, despite the fact that's exactly what he was prior to him protesting. Even as a starter, he was never that good, and if he was, he'd still be playing. The nfl will tolerate just about anything for a quality QB.
A backup? Not so much.

This is spot on. He could have protested just about anything and he’d be in the NFL if he was good enough. He was actually smart enough to realize that making himself out to be a martyr was an easier path to a big payday.

Todd4State
07-13-2020, 09:35 PM
This is spot on. He could have protested just about anything and he’d be in the NFL if he was good enough. He was actually smart enough to realize that making himself out to be a martyr was an easier path to a big payday.

YEP. See Eric Reid.

Some people conveniently forget the fact that you have to actually be good enough to play. Or in Kaepernick's case- want to play.

dantheman4248
07-13-2020, 10:24 PM
Let me reset this argument for you because you're clearly missing the point.

Reid / Sam / Kaep are proof that it is not one sided. (The original point that Ari Nickel made.) Not that they are absolutely TOTALLY persecuted out of the league. Just that they are persecuted as well. And worse than Drew ScAmway promoter Brees and Mike O i Aint kNow they were racist Gundy have been.

You're missing the whole argument and attaching yourself to something you clearly didn't understand from the start because you're not even fighting that point. That's what the argument was about.

Really Clark?
07-13-2020, 11:13 PM
Let me reset this argument for you because you're clearly missing the point.

Reid / Sam / Kaep are proof that it is not one sided. (The original point that Ari Nickel made.) Not that they are absolutely TOTALLY persecuted out of the league. Just that they are persecuted as well. And worse than Drew ScAmway promoter Brees and Mike O i Aint kNow they were racist Gundy have been.

You're missing the whole argument and attaching yourself to something you clearly didn't understand from the start because you're not even fighting that point. That's what the argument was about.

Sam is proof he couldn’t play in the league, his sexuality is completely irrelevant and continuing to use him for your argument is a false cause fallacy. He was just not good enough, period.

Commercecomet24
07-13-2020, 11:44 PM
A backup? Not so much.

Spot on here. Just one example and there are many, many others: Lawrence Phillips got about a gazillion chances in the nfl even though he was a complete psychopath, because he was talented. NFL tends to look the other way on just about anything as long as you're talented. Once you can't produce though you're done period.

ScoobaDawg
07-13-2020, 11:57 PM
That your poor wittle feel good it's ok to be kkk tv station being attacked is the biggest injustice in your life and the only problem you have to deal with? Oh what a ****ing life you have there Ari Lead.

Damnit.. i enjoy a weekend away from here drinking bourbon and eating damn good food... and have to come back to yalls crap...
Ok.. explain this comment, did i miss a post from Ari or are you just being hateful?

dantheman4248
07-14-2020, 12:12 AM
Damnit.. i enjoy a weekend away from here drinking bourbon and eating damn good food... and have to come back to yalls crap...
Ok.. explain this comment, did i miss a post from Ari or are you just being hateful?

Ari said that it's one-sided that an OAN supporter got persecuted. I provided counter examples where that clearly is false. I'm now the problem with America. OAN is literally Fox News but for people who don't mind being associated with KKK. But I'm the problem with America.

dantheman4248
07-14-2020, 12:15 AM
Sam is proof he couldn’t play in the league, his sexuality is completely irrelevant and continuing to use him for your argument is a false cause fallacy. He was just not good enough, period.

Again if you believe he played not one snap in the NFL because of talent even though he won SECDPOY, then I have some oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you.

I really don't understand why you are dying on this hill on an SEC team's board. Are you saying we don't put out good defensive players? I mean lol. No one gave him a snap? Take away his sexuality and ask yourself how absurd that would sound to you.

But beyond that you didn't reset to what the argument was.

ScoobaDawg
07-14-2020, 02:07 AM
Ari said that it's one-sided that an OAN supporter got persecuted. I provided counter examples where that clearly is false. I'm now the problem with America. OAN is literally Fox News but for people who don't mind being associated with KKK. But I'm the problem with America.

Please explain the KKK connection... that's a strong statement..

Really Clark?
07-14-2020, 07:25 AM
Again if you believe he played not one snap in the NFL because of talent even though he won SECDPOY, then I have some oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you.

I really don't understand why you are dying on this hill on an SEC team's board. Are you saying we don't put out good defensive players? I mean lol. No one gave him a snap? Take away his sexuality and ask yourself how absurd that would sound to you.

But beyond that you didn't reset to what the argument was.

He absolutely didn’t play because he was not good enough for the NFL. He was an anomaly when he won the DPOY the year. Nothing prior to his senior year lead you to believe he was going to be DPOY. He was a one hit wonder, had one great year. Good for him but that was it. He was way undersized for the NFL at DE, weak for a DL with his combine reps, and not close to fast enough to play OLB. He dropped considerably prior to the draft because of his poor showing at the combine And his size. He was not good enough and after his rookie year he was invited to the NFL free agents combine in which he was even worse than his first combine coming out of college.

You can continue to spew this fallacy to attempt to further your talking points but it has no fact behind it. Heck the man couldn’t even make past 1 year in the CFL but you ignorantly believe he was not given a fair shake by the NFL? I guess as DPOY he should have been selected over Clowney in 2014 with you arguments...they came out the same year. There were 22 DE’s selected in 2014 and he was rated around 20th, so he was drafted where he should have been. There were 22 of the 41 7th rounders who made the final cuts, so him being cut was more than in line with where he was selected. The player that was kept had almost identical stats but could play multiple DL positions and played in the league for 5-6 years. It’s just absurd noise and as poor of an example you could have chosen.

The rest of your response is just hyperbole, where did I try to reset the argument? That’s an absurd statement, my argument has and continues to be that you used a fallacy cause for your argument. It’s a piss poor attempt of an example. Period. That’s all my point was about. You are so blinded by your agenda, where you could have literally stayed talking about Kap and Reid and had a much much better argument but you throw in a make believe story when it’s factually wrong. His sexuality had nothing to do with it, there have been and are known gay players in the NFL for decades. Just because they didn’t come out publicly or to the media or even the majority of their teammates, doesn’t mean executives and players didn’t know. He was cut because he was not good enough for the NFL. Period. Believe whatever you want in you fairy tale head but know it’s a false argument.

FISHDAWG
07-14-2020, 07:28 AM
Guys .... I blocked this guy a while back and yall keep quoting him ... if you can find it in your hearts when responding to him to not quote him - I myself and no telling how many others would appreciate it
thanks

ETA - speaking about Dan

StateDawg44
07-14-2020, 08:14 AM
Guys .... I blocked this guy a while back and yall keep quoting him ... if you can find it in your hearts when responding to him to not quote him - I myself and no telling how many others would appreciate it
thanks

THIS x1000.

He'll have no problem finding your post so he can be outraged and try to explain how you are just simply wrong and stupid and how you are IN FACT the problem with the world.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

basedog
07-14-2020, 08:22 AM

Scooba do the right thing, the vast majority (and it's not even close) are waiting.

Btw, even thou there isn't much sports going on, I wish the virus post and any politics post would be moved. It's pretty old reading the same old comments. Heck you guys have an Outdoor page which I like, so make changes, asking for a friend***,
many friends!

shoeless joe
07-14-2020, 08:58 AM
Scooba do the right thing, the vast majority (and it's not even close) are waiting.

Btw, even thou there isn't much sports going on, I wish the virus post and any politics post would be moved. It's pretty old reading the same old comments. Heck you guys have an Outdoor page which I like, so make changes, asking for a friend***,
many friends!

If he gets the boot will he be getting persecuted because he’s a socialist or because he’s gay?

ShotgunDawg
07-14-2020, 09:10 AM

I bet you had never heard of OAN until Gundy wore a T Shirt fishing.

Extendedcab
07-14-2020, 09:33 AM
thanks

ETA - speaking about Dan

Ditto! I blocked this guy a while back also!

basedog
07-14-2020, 09:58 AM
If he gets the boot will he be getting persecuted because he’s a socialist or because he’s gay?

IFFY***

FISHDAWG
07-14-2020, 10:19 AM

many friends!

I'm one of those who are waiting ... he brings nothing to the board but turmoil

Homedawg
07-14-2020, 10:47 AM

Beyond that I'm constantly coming back to a place where my views are challenged repeatedly. If I couldn't stand that why am I still here? Sure I attack character and motives of those lacking good character. I've only muted one user on here and that was more out of respect to the top mod here. Nowhere I've threatened / assaulted people.

MObile or jackson? I mean I'd have to sell my trailer to make it that far.....or get rid of the outhouse....... what a prick......

ScoobaDawg
07-14-2020, 11:07 AM
I'm giving him a chance to explain himself...

Dawgfan77
07-14-2020, 11:09 AM
I'm the troll he spoke about. Yes, I argued with him and I was banned for a week. But he just wouldn't stop and I took offense and let my emotions get the better of me. I do read his drivel but try not to respond anymore to him. For the record I'm not a troll I just wanted to discuss my points.

Ari Gold
07-14-2020, 12:32 PM

I would like to know the connection as well.
And for the record I only Watch OAN for Chanel Rion... I guess someone might should tell her that a half Korean lady shouldn’t be working for a KKK station..

Ari Gold
07-14-2020, 12:36 PM
MObile or jackson? I mean I'd have to sell my trailer to make it that far.....or get rid of the outhouse....... what a prick......

Well played...
I only dream about one day maybe getting to visit Mobile or New Orleans... if I could only get my 1975 Winnebago up and running again..

FISHDAWG
07-14-2020, 02:05 PM
Well played...
I only dream about one day maybe getting to visit Mobile or New Orleans... if I could only get my 1975 Winnebago up and running again..

I've got you ALL BEAT ... I paddled across the river and ventured into Arkansas

Homedawg
07-14-2020, 03:14 PM
I've got you ALL BEAT ... I paddled across the river and ventured into Arkansas

Maybe, maybe just one day, save all pennies up and you can venture all the way to the great state of Iowa, and see what the real world is all about. Probably not likely, but one can hope******

BrunswickDawg
07-14-2020, 03:39 PM
Maybe, maybe just one day, save all pennies up and you can venture all the way to the great state of Iowa, and see what the real world is all about. Probably not likely, but one can hope******

Why would he do that? Everyone knows true State fans save their pennies, their second mortgage on their trailer, and money for their wife's boyfriends' prosthetic leg for our once in a lifetime trip to Omaha!

dantheman4248
07-15-2020, 02:12 AM

It's the news network that brings up deep state this deep state that every chance it gets. It exploded because they had a blonde willing to say the same talking points Trump was back in his rise to the presidency. I'm sorry but if your news outlet aligns with David ****ing Duke on most matters then there's an issue.

And lol at the accusation that I just found out about this news network. Where were you in 2015? This network exploded right along with Trump and kept up the thinly veiled white supremacist rhetoric. Again, it's a network for those who think Fox News is not conservative enough. It's not a neutral site and their former star says as much. They aren't in the telling it like it is business. They are in the commentary and "making the news". Real quote from her btw.

To the others in this thread begging for scoob to ban me. The mute button is right there buddy. Sorry you can't comprehend or stand that someone would grow up in Mississippi a straight white male who went to school in STEM for 6 years and two degrees at MSU after paying for college on their own and come out with a "liberal" worldview.

If me existing is considered a huge part of the problem then your worldview needs to be challenged because you clearly can't even began to comprehend what actual problems exist in today's society. If my posting on this message board is a huge problem for you then you are blessed beyond measure. With that you should know to be thankful and not spew hateful garbage and claim that you and your idols are nowhere near actual persecution. Ask Jrue Holiday what it's like to see an actual problem. It's still a crime to be black.

dantheman4248
07-15-2020, 02:21 AM
He absolutely didn?t play because he was not good enough for the NFL. He was an anomaly when he won the DPOY the year. Nothing prior to his senior year lead you to believe he was going to be DPOY. He was a one hit wonder, had one great year. Good for him but that was it. He was way undersized for the NFL at DE, weak for a DL with his combine reps, and not close to fast enough to play OLB. He dropped considerably prior to the draft because of his poor showing at the combine And his size. He was not good enough and after his rookie year he was invited to the NFL free agents combine in which he was even worse than his first combine coming out of college.

You can continue to spew this fallacy to attempt to further your talking points but it has no fact behind it. Heck the man couldn?t even make past 1 year in the CFL but you ignorantly believe he was not given a fair shake by the NFL? I guess as DPOY he should have been selected over Clowney in 2014 with you arguments...they came out the same year. There were 22 DE?s selected in 2014 and he was rated around 20th, so he was drafted where he should have been. There were 22 of the 41 7th rounders who made the final cuts, so him being cut was more than in line with where he was selected. The player that was kept had almost identical stats but could play multiple DL positions and played in the league for 5-6 years. It?s just absurd noise and as poor of an example you could have chosen.

The rest of your response is just hyperbole, where did I try to reset the argument? That?s an absurd statement, my argument has and continues to be that you used a fallacy cause for your argument. It?s a piss poor attempt of an example. Period. That?s all my point was about. You are so blinded by your agenda, where you could have literally stayed talking about Kap and Reid and had a much much better argument but you throw in a make believe story when it?s factually wrong. His sexuality had nothing to do with it, there have been and are known gay players in the NFL for decades. Just because they didn?t come out publicly or to the media or even the majority of their teammates, doesn?t mean executives and players didn?t know. He was cut because he was not good enough for the NFL. Period. Believe whatever you want in you fairy tale head but know it?s a false argument.

Again you're not even comprehending what the original argument was. I told you to reset the argument back because it's ventured off course.

My point simply is that it is not one-sided. That was Ari's point. Go back and re-read from the beginning of need be. All I have to do is point out a singular example where he is wrong and his argument is wrong. Which is what I've done. Michael Sam isn't in the league solely because he was gay. But you're kidding yourself if you believe it didn't play a part. The NFL wouldn't toss aside an SECDPOY without one in game snap without reason other than thinking he's not good enough. Some coach somewhere would have an ego thinking they could get that production out of him at the next level.

But that's all a moot point because the kap and reid points already stuck. Ari was proven false.

Ari Gold
07-15-2020, 08:51 AM
It's the news network that brings up deep state this deep state that every chance it gets. It exploded because they had a blonde willing to say the same talking points Trump was back in his rise to the presidency. I'm sorry but if your news outlet aligns with David ****ing Duke on most matters then there's an issue.

And lol at the accusation that I just found out about this news network. Where were you in 2015? This network exploded right along with Trump and kept up the thinly veiled white supremacist rhetoric. Again, it's a network for those who think Fox News is not conservative enough. It's not a neutral site and their former star says as much. They aren't in the telling it like it is business. They are in the commentary and "making the news". Real quote from her btw.

To the others in this thread begging for scoob to ban me. The mute button is right there buddy. Sorry you can't comprehend or stand that someone would grow up in Mississippi a straight white male who went to school in STEM for 6 years and two degrees at MSU after paying for college on their own and come out with a "liberal" worldview.

If me existing is considered a huge part of the problem then your worldview needs to be challenged because you clearly can't even began to comprehend what actual problems exist in today's society. If my posting on this message board is a huge problem for you then you are blessed beyond measure. With that you should know to be thankful and not spew hateful garbage and claim that you and your idols are nowhere near actual persecution. Ask Jrue Holiday what it's like to see an actual problem. It's still a crime to be black.

Maybe OAN can start showing the Dukes of Hazzard in its rotation.. that General Lee is probably in the parking lot right now.
Also someone needs to tell Chanel Rion ( half Korean ) that she wore for a station is all about white supremacy. Im sure there are other non full blooded blonde blue eye people working there ..
And for its format I wouldn?t know. I have watched maybe 2 hours total of that station.. but you seem to be very knowledgeable about its format. or is it just what you have read other people say about it... because that?s always 100% accurate..

Again All coach did was wear a T-shirt.. with his family ..

What if Derek Mason wore a CNN shirt on a fishing trip with buddies and took a pic.. a Vandy player white or black said I can?t play for that coach because of that T-shirt.. that station has views and personalities on it that offends and upsets me...
not only would I laugh at him but so would all of America. As they should

And congrats on the college journey... it?s amazing what you did.. damn near immortal

Dude you can be a liberal , you can be democrat , it?s all good that?s what?s great about America.
But if you start firing at others on their beliefs or opinions and start calling individuals out and basically call ME a racist don?t be shocked if they fire back.. and fire back hard

And come to think about I think you have a history of firing at me about other topics as well.. maybe this is a pattern with you..

StateDawg44
07-15-2020, 09:19 AM
Maybe OAN can start showing the Dukes of Hazzard in its rotation.. that General Lee is probably in the parking lot right now.
Also someone needs to tell Chanel Rion ( half Korean ) that she wore for a station is all about white supremacy. Im sure there are other non full blooded blonde blue eye people working there ..
And for its format I wouldn?t know. I have watched maybe 2 hours total of that station.. but you seem to be very knowledgeable about its format. or is it just what you have read other people say about it... because that?s always 100% accurate..

What if Derek Mason wore a CNN shirt on a fishing trip with buddies and took a pic.. a Vandy player white or black said I can?t play for that coach because of that T-shirt.. that station has views and personalities on it that offends and upsets me...

And congrats on the college journey... it?s amazing what you did.. damn near immortal

Dude you can be a liberal , you can be democrat , it?s all good that?s what?s great about America.
But if you start firing at others on their beliefs or opinions and start calling individuals out and basically call ME a racist don?t be shocked if they fire back.. and fire back hard

And come to think about I think you have a history of firing at me about other topics as well.. maybe this is a pattern with you..

Are you suggesting a civil conversation where two opinions can agree to disagree without claiming opinions as fact??

Extendedcab
07-15-2020, 09:33 AM
Are you suggesting a civil conversation where two opinions can agree to disagree without claiming opinions as fact??

I agree that opinions don't have to be fact based. However, there are post that do contain facts but people like Dan reject facts that do not agree with his biased agenda or worldview! That is the reason for a lot of the hateful posts from some people! They can not accept the truth!

dantheman4248
07-15-2020, 10:10 AM

You call out groups of people and I turn it around and flip it back on you and disagree with you. That's the pattern there bud. You're mad you can't call a group of students who don't live breathe and die by an uninspiring basketball team out and not just be coddled with your opinion. Same as here, you claim that it's all one-sided and persecution this or that. The two dudes had to walk back and apologize for total naivety. Ignorance just isn't an acceptable excuse anymore in today's society.

Comparing OANN to CNN or even to Fox News is an absolute joke. That network has as much credibility as the ufos tabloid magazines in walmart or the crackhead sitting out front of walmart. Again they aren't in the neutral news industry. They give commentary and make the news themself. People who support that support something extremely dangerous that we see as a huge problem infesting our country. That neutral news is going away. No one tells the facts anymore.

And if you don't like being aligned with groups you clearly feel as racist, then do some self-reflection. Ask yourself why your views and your news are aligning so closely with those groups if you are "totally not a racist." Gotta ask those questions man.

shoeless joe
07-15-2020, 03:44 PM
Again you're not even comprehending what the original argument was. I told you to reset the argument back because it's ventured off course.

My point simply is that it is not one-sided. That was Ari's point. Go back and re-read from the beginning of need be. All I have to do is point out a singular example where he is wrong and his argument is wrong. Which is what I've done. Michael Sam isn't in the league solely because he was gay. But you're kidding yourself if you believe it didn't play a part. The NFL wouldn't toss aside an SECDPOY without one in game snap without reason other than thinking he's not good enough. Some coach somewhere would have an ego thinking they could get that production out of him at the next level.

But that's all a moot point because the kap and reid points already stuck. Ari was proven false.

The NFL doesn’t give two shits about a college award. Especially a conference award. In fact, I’d argue that Sam got more coverage and airplay BECAUSE he was gay. How many mid-late round picks have a camera crew at their house to cover their drafting??

Ari Gold
07-15-2020, 03:49 PM
You call out groups of people and I turn it around and flip it back on you and disagree with you. That's the pattern there bud. You're mad you can't call a group of students who don't live breathe and die by an uninspiring basketball team out and not just be coddled with your opinion. Same as here, you claim that it's all one-sided and persecution this or that. The two dudes had to walk back and apologize for total naivety. Ignorance just isn't an acceptable excuse anymore in today's society.

Comparing OANN to CNN or even to Fox News is an absolute joke. That network has as much credibility as the ufos tabloid magazines in walmart or the crackhead sitting out front of walmart. Again they aren't in the neutral news industry. They give commentary and make the news themself. People who support that support something extremely dangerous that we see as a huge problem infesting our country. That neutral news is going away. No one tells the facts anymore.

And if you don't like being aligned with groups you clearly feel as racist, then do some self-reflection. Ask yourself why your views and your news are aligning so closely with those groups if you are "totally not a racist." Gotta ask those questions man.

What an embarrassing message..

Commercecomet24
07-15-2020, 04:06 PM
The NFL doesn’t give two shits about a college award. Especially a conference award. In fact, I’d argue that Sam got more coverage and airplay BECAUSE he was gay. How many mid-late round picks have a camera crew at their house to cover their drafting??

Exactly! Tim Tebow was a great college player won the heisman but no way was he ever gonna make it as a qb in the nfl. He's just one example but the list is long of "college award winners" who were not nfl talents.

shoeless joe
07-15-2020, 05:04 PM
Exactly! Tim Tebow was a great college player won the heisman but no way was he ever gonna make it as a qb in the nfl. He's just one example but the list is long of "college award winners" who were not nfl talents.

How many snaps did Jason white take in the NFL? I wonder what he was persecuted for...

BeardoMSU
07-15-2020, 05:17 PM
How many snaps did Jason white take in the NFL? I wonder what he was persecuted for...

Knees made from balsa wood and broken glass?**

Commercecomet24
07-15-2020, 05:20 PM
Knees made from balsa wood and broken glass?**

You still the king man!

dantheman4248
07-15-2020, 05:41 PM

Sam did get more coverage because he was gay. Same as Tebow for christianity. That's not the argument. The argument is the restriction of opportunity. You yourself actually prove the point more with Tebow. He received way more consideration and opportunities than a qb like him should have. He was a 1st round pick lmao.

Jason White is the better counterpoint. Still that is 0 knees total for straight people winning big time awards this century and taking 0 downs in the NFL. His injury history kept almost everyone away besides a practice squad stint.

I'm not arguing Sam would have done jack shit in the NFL, but you're kidding yourself if you think his sexuality didn't harm his chances. Again coaches had so much ego they thought they could win with Tebow as QB in a traditional NFL offense. I simply do not buy that a coach would not have the ego to think they could replicate the success the man had in the best conference in football, especially when it was towards its peak.

Are you really buying that a DPOY in the SEC at its peak was so untalented that he didn't play a snap in the nfl and that it was only a coincidence that he was the first openly gay player? Again it doesn't pass the smell test.

Homedawg
07-15-2020, 05:50 PM

But he wasn't gay. Won't fit the motif....

BeardoMSU
07-15-2020, 07:23 PM
I'm not arguing Sam would have done jack shit in the NFL, but you're kidding yourself if you think his sexuality didn't harm his chances.

Agree, but that wasn't just on ownership; there would've been plenty of push-back from the locker room. After all, the African American community is historically not quite the safe haven for the LGBTQ community.

And, as mentioned before, his combine numbers didn't help.

sandwolf
07-16-2020, 01:30 PM
I'm literally arguing on a board with a majority of people whose biggest city they've been to is Jackson, NOLA or Mobile.

Haha, damn you are condescending and arrogant. Believe it or not, not everyone that disagrees with you is a backwoods, inbred hick from bum 17.

FISHDAWG
07-16-2020, 02:11 PM
Haha, damn you are condescending and arrogant. Believe it or not, not everyone that disagrees with you is a backwoods, inbred hick from bum 17.

I can't believe you guys are still engaging him ..... Scooba, please have mercy on us .... where the hell is Cadaverdawg - we need Thor now more than ever

ScoobaDawg
07-16-2020, 11:06 PM
I can't believe you guys are still engaging him ..... Scooba, please have mercy on us .... where the hell is Cadaverdawg - we need Thor now more than ever

Nope... just because you don't like his opinion doesn't mean he deserves to be banned... feel free to block him though.