PDA

View Full Version : OK Braves Fans

parabrave
07-07-2020, 05:51 PM
Markakis just announced he is sitting out the season. I will give you 2 choices to take his place. Pache or Waters, who do you want? Me I like Waters better. I have seen both play and I feel Drew is better prepared. I also hope they bring up Tre Harris to the utility squad. Great guy with alot of potential.

RocketDawg
07-07-2020, 06:46 PM
He's doing it for Covid fears, right? Can't say that I blame him. I'm sure he has reason to believe that it's not worth the risk (like relatives, children, etc.).

msstate7
07-07-2020, 06:58 PM
Haven't saw enough of either to say who is better, but I think pache will be given first opportunity

msstate7
07-07-2020, 07:01 PM
He's doing it for Covid fears, right? Can't say that I blame him. I'm sure he has reason to believe that it's not worth the risk (like relatives, children, etc.).

He's made like over 150 million in his career. With the prorated salaries, he'd only make like 1 million this year. Oh and he lost his starting job. He might just feel it not worth his time.

KOdawg1
07-07-2020, 09:41 PM
He's made like over 150 million in his career. With the prorated salaries, he'd only make like 1 million this year. Oh and he lost his starting job. He might just feel it not worth his time.

I think older players like he and Felix don't have much to gain from a season like this. They've made their money, done their time, and the negatives outweigh the positives in this climate, so I understand their decisions.

Todd4State
07-07-2020, 10:07 PM
Today- Waters.

Future- Pache.

parabrave
07-08-2020, 12:29 AM
Today- Waters.

Future- Pache.

I would use Pache as trade bait for next years pitching staff. Waters is better and Tre Harris is an up and comer.

FISHDAWG
07-08-2020, 07:15 AM
doesn't matter to me ... at this point I would pay to watch the Bad News Bears .... I don't blame anyone for sitting at all and I don't know enough to even make a guess between those two but I can't wait to watch a live Braves game

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-08-2020, 07:20 AM
Is he still getting paid while sitting out?

shoeless joe
07-08-2020, 09:27 AM
I’m just glad Freddie, Will Smith, and others have already gotten covid so they can get over it and be ready all season. Based on Freddie’s past with injuries it was just a matter of time til he got it in season.

Would be interested to hear his actual symptoms that he’s experiencing.

BiscuitEater
07-08-2020, 10:33 AM

Think he gets credit for the year and pro-rated salary .. whether he plays or not.

parabrave
07-08-2020, 11:07 AM
I’m just glad Freddie, Will Smith, and others have already gotten covid so they can get over it and be ready all season. Based on Freddie’s past with injuries it was just a matter of time til he got it in season.

Would be interested to hear his actual symptoms that he’s experiencing.

Fever and a cold.

Tbonewannabe
07-08-2020, 11:12 AM
Fever and a cold.

His wife said he felt like he was hit by a truck. Talking to Freddie and hearing how bad it was part of what lead Markakis to sit out.

shoeless joe
07-08-2020, 12:36 PM

If a player has a condition that makes them more vulnerable then they get their pro rated salary. By just choosing not to play they do not get paid.