PDA

View Full Version : Mark Hudspeth resigns from Austin Peay

Todd4State
07-03-2020, 04:31 PM
Statement said something to the effect of wanting to spend more time with his family.

Would we be willing to bring him back on staff in the off the field recruiting department?

Leeshouldveflanked
07-03-2020, 04:44 PM
He should have been home with the family 24-7 since March...must be either health or something else.

confucius say
07-03-2020, 04:54 PM
Smn is not right here.

AROB44
07-03-2020, 05:03 PM
No....do not bring him back. Something isn't right about this.

Mobile Bay
07-03-2020, 05:23 PM
Just on the surface this is looking like a Hugh Freeze/Dan Mullen/Andy Cannizaro type situation involving high cotton.

Edit: Also Joey Freshwater over in Oxford who may or may not have been with another SEC coaches daughter.

basedog
07-03-2020, 05:29 PM
Very strange.

WinningIsRelentless
07-03-2020, 05:44 PM
Richard Williams Jr.

Hambone
07-03-2020, 05:59 PM
Yea, sounds like he’s pumping more than iron over there

Ari Gold
07-03-2020, 06:01 PM
Let’s hope this is Huds decision and Huds decision only..
say that Can we all agree to NEVER mention this guys name again when we are even considering a new coach..
thanks ..

KOdawg1
07-03-2020, 06:07 PM
Let’s hope this is Huds decision and Huds decision only..
say that Can we all agree to NEVER mention this guys name again when we are even considering a new coach..
thanks ..
As our HC, definitely. But Hud would be a great asset on our recruiting staff. That is if there's nothing extra to this.

turkish
07-03-2020, 06:32 PM
Just on the surface this is looking like a Hugh Freeze/Dan Mullen/Andy Cannizaro type situation involving high cotton.

Edit: Also Joey Freshwater over in Oxford who may or may not have been with another SEC coaches daughter.
Dan Mullen???

ZedFedder
07-03-2020, 07:12 PM
I am going to assume the best until I hear otherwise. I agree, though, that something isn’t right here.

Dawgfan77
07-03-2020, 07:19 PM
Few things are undefeated in life.

RocketDawg
07-03-2020, 07:26 PM

What did Dan Mullen do to be included with the likes of Freeze and Cannizaro?

Coach34
07-03-2020, 07:57 PM
I’m disappointed in Hud. That shit can get you at 30- but cmon Mane- we are 50 now. You can’t let that shit get you now at this age. What a terrible mistake. But it likely gets a Miss Juco a great HC next year

Coach34
07-03-2020, 07:58 PM
What did Dan Mullen do to be included with the likes of Freeze and Cannizaro?

Not openly get caught

Mobile Bay
07-03-2020, 08:17 PM
Dan Mullen???

Word I heard was the same lady who Can was after was Mullen's girl too, which is why she left us for Florduh. Just a rumor I must admit. But it would make sense if Judas Iscariot Stricklin was the one who narced on Can which I also heard.

Mobile Bay
07-03-2020, 08:20 PM
I’m disappointed in Hud. That shit can get you at 30- but cmon Mane- we are 50 now. You can’t let that shit get you now at this age. What a terrible mistake. But it likely gets a Miss Juco a great HC next year

The owner of the Patriots is like 900 years old. It got him. Don't let the little head think for the big one.

Todd4State
07-03-2020, 08:22 PM
Word I heard was the same lady who Can was after was Mullen's girl too, which is why she left us for Florduh. Just a rumor I must admit. But it would make sense if Judas Iscariot Stricklin was the one who narced on Can which I also heard.

I heard it was the players on the baseball team.

Mobile Bay
07-03-2020, 08:29 PM
I heard it was the players on the baseball team.

I did here where they went to Cohen and said roughly that their head coach spent the entire Southern Miss series texting a unnamed women as well.

msu15
07-03-2020, 09:02 PM

Correct on the Mullen part

Randolph Dupree
07-03-2020, 09:22 PM
I did here where they went to Cohen and said roughly that their head coach spent the entire Southern Miss series texting a unnamed women as well.

Some of them actually saw the texts. That story is real.

Todd4State
07-03-2020, 09:58 PM
Some of them actually saw the texts. That story is real.

Yeah. The rumor I heard was that they went to Cohen with that as proof along with the fact that Cann just wasn't coaching them. Cohen checked into it with Gary Henderson and Mike Brown who confirmed it as well. The players were frustrated because Cann was too busy making rap videos with Bob Carskadon and doing Q&A's on bowl trips and they weren't getting coached by him at all.

God bless Gary Henderson and Mike Brown for keeping that team together. That could have VERY easily festered into a dumpster fire of a season. Instead we went to Omaha.

ZedFedder
07-03-2020, 10:30 PM
Yeah. The rumor I heard was that they went to Cohen with that as proof along with the fact that Cann just wasn't coaching them. Cohen checked into it with Gary Henderson and Mike Brown who confirmed it as well. The players were frustrated because Cann was too busy making rap videos with Bob Carskadon and doing Q&A's on bowl trips and they weren't getting coached by him at all.

God bless Gary Henderson and Mike Brown for keeping that team together. That could have VERY easily festered into a dumpster fire of a season. Instead we went to Omaha.

Which then parlayed into success the next season and set up Lemonis for success moving forward.

The Federalist Engineer
07-04-2020, 01:19 AM

Good to see Mike Brown coaching in Hawaii. I would add Jake Mangum as another reason that team had the Girodos to keep driving forward. We also had a mental giant on the mound - Ethan Small, who became our ace.

Todd4State
07-04-2020, 01:32 AM
Which then parlayed into success the next season and set up Lemonis for success moving forward.

Totally agree. Lemonis walked into a good situation. So did Cann. It's just that Lemonis is a lot more focused on baseball. Not that Cann set the bar high on that but still. Sad thing is I think we have a National Championship with more stability in the coaching staff.

Good to see Mike Brown coaching in Hawaii. I would add Jake Mangum as another reason that team had the Girodos to keep driving forward. We also had a mental giant on the mound - Ethan Small, who became our ace.

I agree. And people have to remember that we had a ton of freshmen that year and a lot of pitchers coming off of Tommy John and lost Rooker to the draft. That team could have folded and it would have been totally understandable. They and the coaches kept it from happening. I knew that was going to be a special group when I saw guys like Tanner Allen coming up big at the plate as freshmen. Small and Pilkington were both good pitchers- I think the pitching coach changes hurt Pilkington some.

Fred Garvin
07-04-2020, 04:20 AM
Speaking of Henderson, where has he ended up?

msudawg1200
07-04-2020, 07:23 AM
Associate Head Coach at Utah

Mobile Bay
07-04-2020, 08:21 AM

Bob Carscadon in the video department? You wouldn't believe what I know about his dad. Not that it's a big secret. He likes em young. Not Epstein young, but not much older.

Lumpy Chucklelips
07-04-2020, 09:26 AM
Coach...How old was Petrino when he fell off the wag...er..motorcycle? Age knows no boundaries when it comes to that sort of thing. As long as there's gas in the tank and you can get it cranked...

Political Hack
07-04-2020, 09:36 AM
The lady he was texting and the lady who hit the eject button to Florida are rumored to be one in the same. I thought that was widely rumored? I have no proof as to its viability, but that's what I heard when I posted the "bad news is coming" thread before Cann got the eject button.

preachermatt83
07-04-2020, 11:31 AM
The lady he was texting and the lady who hit the eject button to Florida are rumored to be one in the same. I thought that was widely rumored? I have no proof as to its viability, but that's what I heard when I posted the "bad news is coming" thread before Cann got the eject button.

Yup. Widely known

The Federalist Engineer
07-04-2020, 12:18 PM
Bob Carscadon in the video department? You wouldn't believe what I know about his dad. Not that it's a big secret. He likes em young. Not Epstein young, but not much older.

Would this be the Psych professor?

Mobile Bay
07-05-2020, 09:40 AM

I think Jake Mangum deserves a lot of credit there too.

Mobile Bay
07-05-2020, 09:43 AM
Would this be the Psych professor?

Yep. And considering I heard it from his then wife at the time, who was also a professor, in class, I consider it to be true. She literally told my entire class how he started grooming her as a freshman and then left his wife for her. Like it was romantic instead of creepy as hell.

TrapGame
07-05-2020, 10:53 AM
Coach...How old was Petrino when he fell off the wag...er..motorcycle? Age knows no boundaries when it comes to that sort of thing. As long as there's gas in the tank and you can get it cranked...

And blue pills help a lot.

So I've heard.