PDA

View Full Version : Storm as it approached Starkville this evening.

starkvegasdawg
07-01-2020, 08:05 PM
Nothing special. Not even warned. But a classic shelf cloud and I thought it was better than another thread on COVID, or whatever else crap is going on now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eb4PYpRX0AIdnit?format=jpg&name=large

coastratdog
07-01-2020, 08:17 PM
Looks very scary

Commercecomet24
07-01-2020, 08:33 PM
Thats awesome looking! Thanks for posting that!

lastmajordog
07-01-2020, 08:51 PM
awesome photo image...

Jarius
07-01-2020, 09:25 PM
I drove through it and had hail hit my car for about 5 minutes during the storm.

starkvegasdawg
07-01-2020, 10:16 PM
I drove through it and had hail hit my car for about 5 minutes during the storm.

Where were you when you were in the hail? I didn't have any at my location, but kept expecting it.

Jarius
07-01-2020, 10:39 PM
Where were you when you were in the hail? I didn't have any at my location, but kept expecting it.

I was on 55 just north of Grenada.

Johnson85
07-02-2020, 09:14 AM
Nothing special. Not even warned. But a classic shelf cloud and I thought it was better than another thread on COVID, or whatever else crap is going on now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eb4PYpRX0AIdnit?format=jpg&name=large

I love a shelf cloud. Makes me sort of understand the weather nerds and how they get into it.

parabrave
07-02-2020, 10:20 AM
Hey Vegas are you monitoring that cell about to hit Laurel? There is another one about 15 miles to the north of it. They have been moving due south for the last hour or so/

Churchill
07-02-2020, 10:33 AM
Nothing special ? Looks like a "ten Commandments" do-over to me LOL

ScoobaDawg
07-02-2020, 10:54 AM
Hey Vegas are you monitoring that cell about to hit Laurel? There is another one about 15 miles to the north of it. They have been moving due south for the last hour or so/

Nothing crazy... it's expanding a little behind the outflow boundary it's pushing out. a little lightning.. no hail indicated.. nothing to worry about
the stronger looking one up near union right now has a flash flooding warning on it.. possibly some small indicated in it.

But just summer thunderstorms.

starkvegasdawg
07-02-2020, 11:25 AM

Not really monitoring anything right now. Got called into work early and I'm neck deep in it now.

starkvegasdawg
07-02-2020, 11:29 AM
Nothing special ? Looks like a "ten Commandments" do-over to me LOL
Shelf clouds are usually indicative of strong outflow in a thunderstorm. That nice cold gust of wind you get right before the bottom falls out. Now sometimes that outflow can be extremely strong winds, but this one maxed out at 42mph as it came over. Just enough to rock my truck a little and make my 10 year old son (Storm Chaser Jr) a little nervous as we were parked on an exit ramp with about a 30' hill out his window.

parabrave
07-02-2020, 12:15 PM
Not really monitoring anything right now. Got called into work early and I'm neck deep in it now.

Dam storm is now developing a backdoor outflow boundary. Heads up DD you're about to get it/

DownwardDawg
07-02-2020, 03:15 PM
Dam storm is now developing a backdoor outflow boundary. Heads up DD you're about to get it/

We got hammered!!!!! Nothing to cause damage though. Just strong winds, awesome lightning, and heavy heavy rain. I almost drank a beer!!!

parabrave
07-02-2020, 05:23 PM
We got hammered!!!!! Nothing to cause damage though. Just strong winds, awesome lightning, and heavy heavy rain. I almost drank a beer!!!

Well it got to the Coast and passed through here, Gulfpot/Biloxi, before I noticed. Hardly a sprinkle.