PDA

View Full Version : We have an issue

MetEdDawg
06-24-2020, 01:24 PM
If we don't come together on this soon this is going to crush our university people.

Steve Robertson did a little facebook stalking after a tweet by Dez Harris that contained some pretty substantial vitriol towards Kylin. Of the 40 or so profiles Steve looked up, only 1 had a connection to MSU. This situation is being hijacked by people who don't care about MSU. They want to hurt us.

Everyone across the nation is watching this. This could very well impact our university, our ability to recruit, and the willingness of people to come to the state of Mississippi. The number of people on here straight up bashing one of their own is absurd to me. Some of y'all need to get on the correct side. Calling a black player on our team a punk and a loud mouth just looking to get publicity is NOT the side you want to be on. Keeping the flag is a lose lose.

Protect your university and stand with Kylin.

Liverpooldawg
06-24-2020, 01:33 PM
If we don't come together on this soon this is going to crush our university people.

Steve Robertson did a little facebook stalking after a tweet by Dez Harris that contained some pretty substantial vitriol towards Kylin. Of the 40 or so profiles Steve looked up, only 1 had a connection to MSU. This situation is being hijacked by people who don't care about MSU. They want to hurt us.

Everyone across the nation is watching this. This could very well impact our university, our ability to recruit, and the willingness of people to come to the state of Mississippi. The number of people on here straight up bashing one of their own is absurd to me. Some of y'all need to get on the correct side. Calling a black player on our team a punk and a loud mouth just looking to get publicity is NOT the side you want to be on. Keeping the flag is a lose lose.

Yep.

FISHDAWG
06-24-2020, 01:40 PM

100% agree .... we need to shout this from a mountain top

Dawgology
06-24-2020, 01:42 PM

I stalked about 10-11 people on facebook that were bashing Kylin. Of all of them only 1 was an MSU fan/alumnus. The others were all Bama, Auburn, and Ole Miss fans/alumni. But I just sampled the first 10-11 that I saw.

Liverpooldawg
06-24-2020, 01:44 PM
It's beginning to look like the flag may be gone by the end of the week. Delbert wants the legislature to do it now.

TrapGame
06-24-2020, 01:51 PM

"Pride goeth before a fall."

Changing the flag is an easy one. It's not the death of Western Civilization.

MaroonFlounder
06-24-2020, 01:59 PM

I Tweeted this very thing to Tyler Horka. I simply asked him how he knew it was MSU fans he saw trashing Kylin. He didn't respond. Very telling.

wild_dawg
06-24-2020, 02:29 PM
I agree 100%, it is time to change the flag. All of the MSU fans that I have talked to both stand with Kylin and want the flag changed.

Dawgology
06-24-2020, 02:38 PM
I agree 100%, it is time to change the flag. All of the MSU fans that I have talked to both stand with Kylin and want the flag changed.

Same. I've not talked to a single MSU fan that I know personally that hasn't sided with Kylin or the removal of the state flag. I have seen a looooooooooootttt of Alabama residents talking about how the Mississippi flag is "their heritage".

maroonmania
06-24-2020, 03:03 PM
I stalked about 10-11 people on facebook that were bashing Kylin. Of all of them only 1 was an MSU fan/alumnus. The others were all Bama, Auburn, and Ole Miss fans/alumni. But I just sampled the first 10-11 that I saw.

I don't do twitter but where on Facebook do you go to post a supportive message to Kylin?

FISHDAWG
06-24-2020, 03:09 PM
I don't do twitter but where on Facebook do you go to post a supportive message to Kylin?

Hailstate dawg pound .... I think there are a couple of other different pages (sites)

Lord McBuckethead
06-24-2020, 03:15 PM
You think Kylin doesn't read this board?

Kylin, I am with you man. Please spend the day talking to every legislator in Jackson. have you buddies making calls and getting them on the phone. You can change it.
Blasting on Twitter doesn't do much, but if you call them personally it will be changed by close of business tomorrow.

Everyone knows Kylin trolls as either Rex or Burts Stare.**

Todd4State
06-24-2020, 03:17 PM
The problem I see is people assuming all of those people against Kylin are MSU fans.

TrapGame
06-24-2020, 03:45 PM
You think Kylin doesn't read this board?

Kylin, I am with you man. Please spend the day talking to every legislator in Jackson. have you buddies making calls and getting them on the phone. You can change it.
Blasting on Twitter doesn't do much, but if you call them personally it will be changed by close of business tomorrow.

Everyone knows Kylin trolls as either Rex or Burts Stare.**

If Kylin is Rex we got bigger problems.****

maroonmania
06-24-2020, 03:47 PM
The problem I see is people assuming all of those people against Kylin are MSU fans.

I support Kylin's efforts but I certainly could see where some MSU fans that are even for changing the flag would feel like Kylin is turning his back on his teammates and MSU fans. I mean if the Governor nor the legislature will not change the flag before football season and Kylin really doesn't play, the only ones getting hurt by it will be the MSU football team and MSU football fans. In fact, OM fans will relish in the fact that Kylin won't play for us. That's why I've said to make this effective, there needs to be some high profile OM and USM players that come out publicly saying they won't play either.

BrickCityDawgs
06-24-2020, 03:51 PM
I support Kylin's efforts but I certainly could see where some MSU fans that are even for changing the flag would feel like Kylin is turning his back on his teammates and MSU fans. I mean if the Governor nor the legislature will not change the flag before football season and Kylin really doesn't play, the only ones getting hurt by it will be the MSU football team and MSU football fans. In fact, OM fans will relish in the fact that Kylin won't play for us. That's why I've said to make this effective, there needs to be some high profile OM and USM players that come out publicly saying they won't play either.

I believe that Kylin won't be the only one to sit out if nothing is done. And if that happens, it will turn against the legislators even more than is already happening.

Ari Gold
06-24-2020, 03:57 PM

This... I mean come on people why do we ALWAYS have to explain this...

maroonmania
06-24-2020, 03:59 PM
I believe that Kylin won't be the only one to sit out if nothing is done. And if that happens, it will turn against the legislators even more than is already happening.

Well we need the other ones that won't play to come out NOW to put pressure on the legislature while they are still in session. And there definitely needs to be some players from OM and even USM to get the maximum effect.

TrapGame
06-24-2020, 04:02 PM
I like Jake Wims idea. Kylin can play his ass off and every time a camera is in his face he says it's time to change the flag. He chooses a flag design he likes and he waves that flag at every game. When he's on Finebaum or Sports Center he has that flag in the background and he says how much he loves his state but it's time to change the flag. Play for the publicity and use it to the full effect.

Commercecomet24
06-24-2020, 04:40 PM
Same. I've not talked to a single MSU fan that I know personally that hasn't sided with Kylin or the removal of the state flag. I have seen a looooooooooootttt of Alabama residents talking about how the Mississippi flag is "their heritage".

This! I've talked to at least 50 of my friends that are State people and only one is for not changing the flag they're all 45 and older(I'm 55). Change it already let's get it done.

Maroonthirteen
06-24-2020, 04:42 PM
As I said after Sankeys comments, 1/2 the citizens of this state wouldn't give two schitts for State and OM. 75% aren't State fans.

Edit to add: ...and this is why I will always have a alias on message boards. A/holes like Rose bowl stalking.

Todd4State
06-24-2020, 04:46 PM

It's a fine line.

First of all I agree with Kylin that the flag should be changed.

The thing about it is there is an obvious attitude "they love ME when I'm THEIR running back" vibe going on- and that is against the Herb Brooks "The name on the front is a hell of a lot more important than the name on the back" quote. I would like for him to stay- if not that's his decision- but I do want that individualist attitude across our entire TEAM to change. Not just Kylin- all the players. That's left over from the Moorhead era.

I support Mississippi State as a TEAM. I want the players to do well as individuals because I want the players on the TEAM to do well as a whole but for me personally that's as far as it goes. I don't view them as "my running back" or "my quarterback". They're just Bulldogs. I can tell that based on how they respond on social media that some of them want me to view then as "their linebacker" or "their player" but I don't. And I hope that most of our fans don't view them that way either or we're part of the problem too.

Because let's be honest here- what's the difference between Kylin not playing this year and getting hurt in fall practice and being out for the year which I hope doesn't happen because I don't want anyone to be hurt? We would move on without him like the other 500 times someone got hurt.

Todd4State
06-24-2020, 04:48 PM
The other thing is I think this will all be moot because I think the flag will change anyway so it's not worth worrying about too much anyway.

Lumpy Chucklelips
06-24-2020, 05:36 PM
You are not going to see any Ole Miss players join the cause. They have already been instructed to stay away from all of the talk because they don't want the name Ole Miss or Rebels put in the spotlight in any way.

BeardoMSU
06-24-2020, 05:40 PM
You are not going to see any Ole Miss players join the cause. They have already been instructed to stay away from all of the talk because they don't want the name Ole Miss or Rebels put in the spotlight in any way.

All they need is 1 mutiny for that "memo" to come out, and if it did....oh boy.

Todd4State
06-24-2020, 05:47 PM

I don't see how Ole Miss can totally stop one of their players from doing that if the player really wanted to. There is the transfer portal and if that player is being paid by boosters that player has the leverage to turn them in to the NCAA.

schddog72
06-24-2020, 06:16 PM

Sorry. I personally think Kylin Hill couldn't give a rat's rear end about the flag of the State of Mississippi. Kylin Hill's cause is Kylin Hill and calling attention to himself. So what happens if the flag is replaced (which by the way, I do support), and Kylin doesn't like the uniform combination of the day or the fact that the game might be played in the early morning time slot and he doesn't get to play in prime time on a particular game day? Is he going to just sit out in protest because he doesn't get his way? Primadonna's are a dime a dozen and usually it's a hard fall for them when the realities of life slap them upside the head.

Bothrops
06-24-2020, 06:18 PM
I can't believe that we still have this controversy in 2020. CHANGE THE ******* FLAG!

DeputyDawg94
06-24-2020, 06:50 PM
I think he plays regardless. This is his payday year. He probably gets drafted if he sits out but not as high.

I’m also for changing the flag by the way.

I’m also for him voicing his opinions.

I’m also not for letting teammates, the university and fans that are with him down. People can’t shut down every time adversity pops up. I personally see it as weakness when people do that. It’s the easy way out.

Gutter Cobreh
06-24-2020, 10:30 PM
I like Jake Wims idea. Kylin can play his ass off and every time a camera is in his face he says it's time to change the flag. He chooses a flag design he likes and he waves that flag at every game. When he's on Finebaum or Sports Center he has that flag in the background and he says how much he loves his state but it's time to change the flag. Play for the publicity and use it to the full effect.

Love this idea!

This! I've talked to at least 50 of my friends that are State people and only one is for not changing the flag they're all 45 and older(I'm 55). Change it already let's get it done.

Did you actually speak with them or was it via electronic communication (text, email, etc.). I only ask because I don't think I've actually spoken to 50 different people this entire year!

maroonmania
06-24-2020, 10:37 PM

Really nice for OM that they have such "obedient" players that do what they are told up in Oxford.

mparkerfd20
06-24-2020, 11:04 PM

I will not stand with him, but I won't bash him either. I will ignore him for now because I know all he wants is attention and I'm not in the mood to give it to him until he's running up and down the field.

mparkerfd20
06-24-2020, 11:14 PM

We run with completely different crowds then. I cant name 10 people that want to change it. I personally don't give a rip anymore. It's just a flag. Changing it isn't going to change a thing though I'm afraid. Until hearts change and an attitude of love and respect for each other is shown on all sides nothing much will change.

Dawg2003
06-25-2020, 07:04 AM
The thing with Kylin is that he needs to play this year if he hopes to get drafted. So this thing might backfire on him. It's obviously his choice and he can do what he wants, but I'm not sure this helps him in the long run.

FISHDAWG
06-25-2020, 07:17 AM
We run with completely different crowds then. I cant name 10 people that want to change it. I personally don't give a rip anymore. It's just a flag. Changing it isn't going to change a thing though I'm afraid. Until hearts change and an attitude of love and respect for each other is shown on all sides nothing much will change.

there's more than 10 people right here in this thread that want to change it ... Georgia went through this same thing until the Governor had to take charge to get it done..... and it was costing Georgia untold millions in business deciding not to expand, relocate, or establish operations here all because pride and ignorance of the folks that didn't want it changed .... it's a reflection of a bad time in our history - why would we want to keep it as a constant reminder that we as a country screwed up ? I get the don't bury your head in the sand and forget but it's just not worth the strife it causes. It's yesterdays tired same old old ass news - let's move on .... ALL of us

ETA - I said ignorance because in Georgia I opposed changing just for the sake of changing until I found out that the then current flag was adopted in 1956 as an in your face thing - once I was enlightened it changed my mind instantly

RiverCityDawg
06-25-2020, 09:51 AM

Maybe it won't change a thing, maybe it will. But NOT changing it undercuts the chance for improvement and at this point almost certainly WILL make things worse for the State overall economically and socially. I don't see how that's even debatable and makes this whole thing a really easy decision.

Commercecomet24
06-25-2020, 10:26 AM

I wholeheartedly agree that until love and respect is reciprocated by all sides that nothing will change. That is what does have to change more than anything.

gtowndawg
06-25-2020, 10:43 AM

I agree

Walkerhill
06-25-2020, 10:51 AM
The thing with Kylin is that he needs to play this year if he hopes to get drafted. So this thing might backfire on him. It's obviously his choice and he can do what he wants, but I'm not sure this helps him in the long run.

Kylin will play. There are dozens of ways he can walk this back and move forward differently on this platform while playing. If it even comes to that.

The question is whether this alienates the team from the fan base or fractures the locker room. And I think the answers are both no. I think this helps us - it aligns the staff, school, university and (most of) the fan base around a common positive cause.