PDA

View Full Version : Watch this video...

AugustaDawg
11-04-2013, 08:55 PM
And tell me it doesn't piss you off. I wanted to go back to Dan's early years at MSU and see how different his offense was, if any. I go to YouTube and logically search the Gator Bowl, seeing we beat the hell out of Michigan and should get some great offensive highlights. This highlight video is a great example of an issue that doesn't need to be overlooked anymore. We beat the hell out of Michigan in a New Years Day Bowl and get ZERO love in this highlight. We have to do a better job of reaching out to media outlets and creating positive relationships. In my opinion, the media can play a very important role in the long term success of a college program.

http://youtu.be/OansQvRkbsY

CadaverDawg
11-04-2013, 09:02 PM
You would think Michigan won the game judging by the highlights chosen and the guys discussing it. I used to think it was just us thinking our team should be talked about more....but it's not. It reminds me of a Blitz16 highlight in Jackson....they show highlights of one team and then say something like "but it wouldn't be enough as they lose 40-0". Ha

CadaverDawg
11-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Nevermind. I just realized at the bottom it says "Big Ten wrap up show", so this could have been from the Big taken network or something. Which makes it more understandable.

AugustaDawg
11-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Yeah, just saw that as well. Not the best example for the point I'm trying to make. However, I'm sure it would not be hard to find another highlight video to justify my point. I know I'm biased towards Miss. State but I feel like this happens ALL the time.

CadaverDawg
11-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Yeah, just saw that as well. Not the best example for the point I'm trying to make. However, I'm sure it would not be hard to find another highlight video to justify my point. I know I'm biased towards Miss. State but I feel like this happens ALL the time.

No doubt. And the few MSU people we finally DO get in the media are so focused on not being bias towards state, that they end up sounding like Ole miss fans. We need to work on our media relations big time. We already have enough not going for us....we need to have the media working for us not against us.

DawgsBite34
11-04-2013, 11:30 PM
I know its totally random but damn I miss those uniforms, still have no idea why we went to the ones we have now. I liked those, still doesn't beat the late 90s nike Unis but they were solid

HunterDawg
11-05-2013, 09:33 AM
No doubt. And the few MSU people we finally DO get in the media are so focused on not being bias towards state, that they end up sounding like Ole miss fans. We need to work on our media relations big time. We already have enough not going for us....we need to have the media working for us not against us.

We could help our media friends out a lot by improving our OOC schedule. Every time they try to talk about us they get slammed by people pointing out who we have beaten. Playing teams like Alcorn St and Jackson St. makes it so easy for our critics. Playing 4 teams like that next year plus Vandy and Ky will make it very hard for us to get any national respect unless we upset a really big team, something we haven't done much of lately.

I understand why we did that right after Croom, but we are hurting ourselves now. It hurts us in recruiting (big time recruits don't want to play a schedule full of Alcorn St.'s) and it hurts our rankings, and it hurts our rep., and it hurts our home game attendance and fan enthusiasm, and it just kinda makes it look like we are using a back door to "bowl eligibility". Are we?

Simply put, folks, "a win is not a win". There are a ton of teams between Ok. State and Alcorn St. If we want to be respected, we need to schedule them and beat them. We gain nothing by pounding teams we should not even be playing. It is the first thing the national media points out when they talk about us.

One more thing, practicing for and playing and beating Alcorn St, doesn't do much to get us ready to play Louisiana State. They are probably less useful than scrimmaging against our #2's and #3's.

We can't keep just relying on # of wins. We have to beat somebody. Dan's claims of success are largely based on pounding cupcakes, and it no longer impresses us much, either.

smootness
11-05-2013, 09:38 AM
I know its totally random but damn I miss those uniforms, still have no idea why we went to the ones we have now. I liked those, still doesn't beat the late 90s nike Unis but they were solid

I think the current ones are much better than those. Clean lines will always beat the random trim those had.

CJDAWG85
11-05-2013, 09:51 AM

+Infinity

I loved those uniforms.

CadaverDawg
11-05-2013, 10:57 AM
We could help our media friends out a lot by improving our OOC schedule. Every time they try to talk about us they get slammed by people pointing out who we have beaten. Playing teams like Alcorn St and Jackson St. makes it so easy for our critics. Playing 4 teams like that next year plus Vandy and Ky will make it very hard for us to get any national respect unless we upset a really big team, something we haven't done much of lately.

I understand why we did that right after Croom, but we are hurting ourselves now. It hurts us in recruiting (big time recruits don't want to play a schedule full of Alcorn St.'s) and it hurts our rankings, and it hurts our rep., and it hurts our home game attendance and fan enthusiasm, and it just kinda makes it look like we are using a back door to "bowl eligibility". Are we?

Simply put, folks, "a win is not a win". There are a ton of teams between Ok. State and Alcorn St. If we want to be respected, we need to schedule them and beat them. We gain nothing by pounding teams we should not even be playing. It is the first thing the national media points out when they talk about us.

One more thing, practicing for and playing and beating Alcorn St, doesn't do much to get us ready to play Louisiana State. They are probably less useful than scrimmaging against our #2's and #3's.

We can't keep just relying on # of wins. We have to beat somebody. Dan's claims of success are largely based on pounding cupcakes, and it no longer impresses us much, either.

I disagree. It's not the weak schedule that hurts us.l.lit's that our only wins each year are against the weak teams. If we would step up and beat somebody worth a shit, our schedule would never be viewed negatively.

Like last year, for instance....Our schedule was criticized early because we were 7-0 but had not beaten any good teams. All we had to do was beat someone decent in our last 6 games, but we didn't so our schedule was blasted even more.

We play more top 15 teams each year in the SEC than anybody from any other conference in the nation. We DO NOT need tougher OOC games. We just have to start competing against the already good teams on our schedule. When you squeak past BG and UK, and then get blown out vs LSU, SC, A&M, Bama, Ok st, etc...people are going to say our only wins are vs cupcakes, and rightfully so.

HunterDawg
11-05-2013, 02:49 PM
I disagree. It's not the weak schedule that hurts us.l.lit's that our only wins each year are against the weak teams. If we would step up and beat somebody worth a shit, our schedule would never be viewed negatively.

Like last year, for instance....Our schedule was criticized early because we were 7-0 but had not beaten any good teams. All we had to do was beat someone decent in our last 6 games, but we didn't so our schedule was blasted even more.

We play more top 15 teams each year in the SEC than anybody from any other conference in the nation. We DO NOT need tougher OOC games. We just have to start competing against the already good teams on our schedule. When you squeak past BG and UK, and then get blown out vs LSU, SC, A&M, Bama, Ok st, etc...people are going to say our only wins are vs cupcakes, and rightfully so.

But there are a ton of teams out there that we could easily beat that don't cause the kind of reaction we get from playing SWAC teams. Do any other SEC teams play SWAC teams? If so, they do it very very seldom and not multiple teams and not every year. It is just too easy for our critics to point out those games and discount our whole season.

Every SEC team plays easy wins, but not 4 total creampuffs. Why wait until they have lost about 25 in a row to play USM? Why only bottom tier Sunbelt and CUSA teams? Opens us up needlessly to "the only people they can beat are......."

Before Dan came, how many times did we play SWAC teams or 4 teams that had no chance of staying within 3 touchdowns of us? It is one reason firing Dan is not an option. Like someone once said, "No one gets fired for winning ball games." That will probably work for him. We have let him do it, too.