PDA

View Full Version : Kylin Hill

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2020, 01:53 PM
Looks like Kylin is saying he won't play unless the flag is changed.

I can't blame him honestly. I'm not woke & I'm conservative, but it's hard to sell representing a state when the state can't do the right thing with the most simplistic of issues.

DawgNamedScuba
06-22-2020, 01:59 PM
This is our future....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1zhe85spsw

ITS COMING...

bobcat91
06-22-2020, 02:00 PM
The flag is not flown on the MSU campus and he cant force a change more than anyone else. If he doesn't want to play, get the hell out. Enough is enough with him as it's always something different. He is a drama queen and if he were faster, it would bother me. As is, I'll take either Mark's or Dillion. They probably fit the offense better anyway and when he doesnt get 25 touches a game he will be hitting up twitter during and after every game. Bye

Duckdog
06-22-2020, 02:01 PM
Exactly! Kick rocks Hill

fader2103
06-22-2020, 02:02 PM
Kylin just trying to get followers and likes.

DownwardDawg
06-22-2020, 02:02 PM
Wow.

sack07
06-22-2020, 02:05 PM
Just curious, what if Marks and Dillon feel the same way?

ZedFedder
06-22-2020, 02:05 PM
Hey how about some of y’all shut up and stop telling a kid who probably is the difference in 2 or 3 wins to kick rocks? Man, some of you guys are idiots.

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2020, 02:06 PM
This is our future....

ITS COMING...

I respectfully disagree with your opinion here.

I do the draw the line, but my line is way past the flag. Time to change

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2020, 02:07 PM
The flag is not flown on the MSU campus and he cant force a change more than anyone else. If he doesn't want to play, get the hell out. Enough is enough with him as it's always something different. He is a drama queen and if he were faster, it would bother me. As is, I'll take either Mark's or Dillion. They probably fit the offense better anyway and when he doesnt get 25 touches a game he will be hitting up twitter during and after every game. Bye

I disagree. I really really think the flag needs to change &, if people with influence have to step up, then I'm for it.

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2020, 02:07 PM
Just curious, what if Marks and Dillon feel the same way?

Looks like we better pressure the capital to change the flag

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2020, 02:08 PM
Hey how about some of y’all shut up and stop telling a kid who probably is the difference in 2 or 3 wins to kick rocks? Man, some of you guys are idiots.

Agree.

Let's get the flag changed, not because of Kylin, the SEC, or the NCAA. Let's do it because it's the right thing to do

bobcat91
06-22-2020, 02:13 PM

It's a message board, not yours but an open one. And since none of us has a say in what the flag is at this point, it's a BS threat. And literally, he can pound sand. It's like saying he isnt playing until the sky is changed to green.

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2020, 02:15 PM
Marcus Murphy just joined him

Now, Ealy needs to join them to make sure this is balanced

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-22-2020, 02:18 PM

You have seen this right?
https://fansided.com/2020/06/20/cole-cubelic-najee-harris-kylin-hill/

DownwardDawg
06-22-2020, 02:18 PM
It’s gonna be interesting when the flag doesn’t get changed. Sports at MSU are gonna suck. It won’t affect ole miss. They gonna play for that money.

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2020, 02:19 PM
It’s gonna be interesting when the flag doesn’t get changed. Sports at MSU are gonna suck. It won’t affect ole miss. They gonna play for that money.

The state really needs a few Ole Miss players to join this

bluelightstar
06-22-2020, 02:19 PM
Mississippi won't be long for SEC football if this flag doesn't change. If the State makes the conference look stupid, I suspect they'll be able to manage a 2/3 expulsion vote.

DawgNamedScuba
06-22-2020, 02:25 PM
Shotgun never take me seriously, we all know I'm a odd duck.

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2020, 02:29 PM
He was on the list of those that could transfer

Commercecomet24
06-22-2020, 02:29 PM
Aw heck man there aint gonna be football anyways cause of the covid****

bobcat91
06-22-2020, 02:31 PM
You have seen this right?
https://fansided.com/2020/06/20/cole-cubelic-najee-harris-kylin-hill/

How many stupid twitter threats has he made. We run a different offense than last year. He will bitch about anything.

KOdawg1
06-22-2020, 02:33 PM
Kylin has always been about attention. Not saying the sentiment behind what he's standing for is wrong. I'm all for changing the flag. But Kylin is a lot of talk.

DownwardDawg
06-22-2020, 02:33 PM
This is our future....

ITS COMING...

Hahaha!!!!

Virgil Caine
06-22-2020, 02:35 PM
This makes me proud to be a graduate of our school and a fan of Hill?s. Have some solidarity and support the young man trying to bring about overdue change. Removal of a symbol of hate is worth more than some wins in the 20-21 season and will be a longer lasting accomplishment.

Mobile Bay
06-22-2020, 02:44 PM
This is our future....

ITS COMING...

I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Mayer Wiener."

bobcat91
06-22-2020, 02:56 PM
This makes me proud to be a graduate of our school and a fan of Hill?s. Have some solidarity and support the young man trying to bring about overdue change. Removal of a symbol of hate is worth more than some wins in the 20-21 season and will be a longer lasting accomplishment.

I didnt see him or Murphy bitch about it as they played while it was the state flag the past 3 years. Now it's an issue? Drama queen.

Tate Reaves just said there wont be a two flag solution or one from the legislature.

So when it changes it will be the citizens who vote. I dont see a special session but maybe a vote next year.

basedog
06-22-2020, 03:00 PM
I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Mayer Wiener."

Now this makes me laugh!

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2020, 03:06 PM
Aw heck man there aint gonna be football anyways cause of the covid****

Here comes liver with the ?this? post

starkvegasdawg
06-22-2020, 03:16 PM
I have of disagree with him doing this. When he signed his scholarship papers that was the flag. Every game he suited up for that was the flag. Nobody on our campus has any say so on what the flag is. To me, this is breach of contract. He refuses go play, shred his scholarship papers in front of him. And anybody else for that matter.

Most of y'all on here are fine with his stance because it's a social issue you agree with. What if it wasn't? What if he said he wouldn't play again until X issue you vehemently disagree with is done? For you pro choice posters what if he said he wouldn't play again until MS outlawed abortion in all circumstances? What if he refused to play until all MS police departments were defunded and shut down?

DownwardDawg
06-22-2020, 03:18 PM
I have of disagree with him doing this. When he signed his scholarship papers that was the flag. Every game he suited up for that was the flag. Nobody on our campus has any say so on what the flag is. To me, this is breach of contract. He refuses go play, shred his scholarship papers in front of him. And anybody else for that matter.

Most of y'all on here are fine with his stance because it's a social issue you agree with. What if it wasn't? What if he said he wouldn't play again until X issue you vehemently disagree with is done? For you pro choice posters what if he said he wouldn't play again until MS outlawed abortion in all circumstances? What if he refused to play until all MS police departments were defunded and shut down?

Excellent post. I agree 100%.

PKADogs55
06-22-2020, 03:21 PM
Agree.

Let's get the flag changed, not because of Kylin, the SEC, or the NCAA. Let's do it because it's the right thing to do

Well said Shotgun ..... could not agree more.

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2020, 03:22 PM

I'm not sure we'd out recruit JSU if we did this

starkvegasdawg
06-22-2020, 03:27 PM

Somethings transcend sports. We let this happen and it opens the flood gates. The players would be running the team and the university for that matter. I don't care if you dress every day in a confederate flag tuxedo and watch Dukes of Hazard reruns all day or have a Malcolm X fat head on your ceiling. I could see his stance if the university had any say in the matter. They don't. Damn thing isn't even on campus. Not like they're making the team pledge allegiance to the flag.

MrKotter
06-22-2020, 03:30 PM

Good post

Ifyouonlyknew
06-22-2020, 03:30 PM
I hope every big time player at MSU OM USM & other schools in all sports do the same. Use your voices & whatever power you have. The flag needs to go & if you have to play hard ball to make a difference well dammit play hardball. We have too many "I think the flag should change but" fans around here. There is no but change the damn flag.

Tbonewannabe
06-22-2020, 03:32 PM
Not saying I agree or disagree but if MSU and Ole Miss players all refused to play then the flag is probably changed within a week.

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2020, 03:33 PM
We let this happen and it opens the flood gates. The players would be running the team and the university for that matter.

I don't understand this perspective.

We can't let fear of what's next prevent us from doing the right thing now.

Here's what I believe: if we do the right thing in each individual situation, then we'll end up in a better place than where we are now.

There will be a time to stand against cancel culture & stand up for what's right, but this isn't that time. This flag is not the hill to die on.

BrunswickDawg
06-22-2020, 03:34 PM
I hope every big time player at MSU OM USM & other schools in all sports do the same. Use your voices & whatever power you have. The flag needs to go & if you have to play hard ball to make a difference well dammit play hardball. We have too many "I think the flag should change but" fans around here. There is no but change the damn flag.

Kylin is getting national traction with it already via ESPN and CBS. A number of current and former players are tweeting support.

ShotgunDawg

100% agree. We don't agree on much, but I'm with you on this one

War Machine Dawg
Kylin and any other player can go 17 themselves if they can't put aside their feelings and play football. We're rebuilding and will struggle to win 6 anyway, so I don't give a single damn if Hill, Murphy or any other Woke Snowflake doesn't play for the maybe 1-2 extra wins they'll give us. The Woke Cancel Culture is out of control. Not only will we have to put up with these useful idiots kneeling and disrespecting the U.S. flag this fall, now we have to put up with them threatening to not play. Because we all know that's really going to make the Landshart controlled legislature act faster.**** Virtue signaling at its most idiotic, but this is what you get when you educate multiple generations of Americans and tell them how shit & "racist" this country is, regardless of the actual facts.

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2020, 03:36 PM
The Woke Cancel Culture is out of control.

To me, the Flag isn't cancel culture.

We're the last state to use the confederate battle flag on their state flag after others have changed it. We're on the wrong side of history here & cancel culture has nothing to do with it.

Bothrops
06-22-2020, 03:37 PM

Very true, unfortunately

Ifyouonlyknew
06-22-2020, 03:38 PM
Kylin and any other player can go 17 themselves if they can't put aside their feelings and play football. We're rebuilding and will struggle to win 6 anyway, so I don't give a single damn if Hill, Murphy or any other Woke Snowflake doesn't play for the maybe 1-2 extra wins they'll give us. The Woke Cancel Culture is out of control. Not only will we have to put up with these useful idiots kneeling and disrespecting the U.S. flag this fall, now we have to put up with them threatening to not play. Because we all know that's really going to make the Landshart controlled legislature act faster.**** Virtue signaling at its most idiotic, but this is what you get when you educate multiple generations of Americans and tell them how shit & "racist" this country is, regardless of the actual facts.

Lol I'm never surprised at these posts but they still make me chuckle.

TNDawg35
06-22-2020, 03:41 PM
Kylin is doing exactly what Kylin wanted... Kylin’s name in the news...

War Machine Dawg
06-22-2020, 03:42 PM
To me, the Flag isn't cancel culture.

We're the last state to use the confederate battle flag on their state flag after others have changed it. We're on the wrong side of history here & cancel culture has nothing to do with it.

I don't disagree with that. But you and I both know our legislature is too nutless to do anything about it. It should be a no-brainer to change it back to the Magnolia Flag, something that is unique to Mississippi and looks good. The Stennis flag is ok, but it's just another generic star flag to me. Unfortunately, you could fit all the gonads at the capitol into a thimble and probably have room to spare. So yeah, it's useless virtue signaling from a useful idiot who hasn't had a problem playing for this state the last 3 years. Only when the Woke Mob agitates is it an issue.

HoopsDawg
06-22-2020, 03:45 PM

the cynic in me wonders if this was even Kylin's idea.

preachermatt83
06-22-2020, 03:45 PM
Let me start off by saying the flag issue is useless to me. I couldn?t possibly care less. But the truth about Kylin Hill is that he thinks and wants to be treated like he is a lot better than he really is. The kid is good but now where near great. He can?t hold A jock strap for Jerious Norwood, JJ Johnson, Bowling ball, Vick Ballard or Boobie Dixon.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-22-2020, 03:47 PM
I just love this MSU "Family" that we're always selling to our recruits. Lol

BrunswickDawg
06-22-2020, 03:52 PM

All part of Woke Cohen's master plan****

HailStateSZN19
06-22-2020, 03:53 PM

"Here at MSU, we're family!" (unless you stand for what you believe in and it disagrees with my personal political views and opinions, then you can piss off***)

IT. IS. TIME. TO. CHANGE. THE. DAMN. FLAG.

I commend Kylin, Marcus Murphy, and whoever chooses to use the platform they've been given to stand up for what they believe in and for something that should have been fixed YEARS ago. And this is just the beginning. I hope every single athlete at MSU, OM, USM, etc. walk away and refuse to play until the flag is changed. That would fix this flag issue real quick. It's ridiculous this hasn't already been solved.

bobcat91
06-22-2020, 03:53 PM

Because we have no say and neither do you.

Bothrops
06-22-2020, 03:55 PM
Not saying I agree or disagree but if MSU and Ole Miss players all refused to play then the flag is probably changed within a week.

This. Otherwise a military coup will have to formed to get it done in that amount of time.

BrunswickDawg
06-22-2020, 03:56 PM
I don't disagree with that. But you and I both know our legislature is too nutless to do anything about it. It should be a no-brainer to change it back to the Magnolia Flag, something that is unique to Mississippi and looks good. The Stennis flag is ok, but it's just another generic star flag to me. Unfortunately, you could fit all the gonads at the capitol into a thimble and probably have room to spare. So yeah, it's useless virtue signaling from a useful idiot who hasn't had a problem playing for this state the last 3 years. Only when the Woke Mob agitates is it an issue.

Sounds to me like you are embarrassed that a college kid is willing to speak out and you aren't. You know its wrong. You want it changed. But, aw shucks, it's the legislature's fault so lets just not do anything. So let's call one of our own a useful idiot to make ourselves feel better. Instead, you should be calling your legislator and telling him HE should be fighting for what is right as much as Kylin, and Marcus Murphy, and I'm sure others will be.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-22-2020, 03:57 PM

You have no idea what his, mine, or your voice can do. Especially if all those voices came together.

Maroonthirteen
06-22-2020, 04:00 PM
We will see. We shall see.

msstatelp1
06-22-2020, 04:11 PM

And this is exactly why we need our athletes, alumni, and everybody speaking g out.

starkvegasdawg
06-22-2020, 04:13 PM
I don't understand this perspective.

We can't let fear of what's next prevent us from doing the right thing now.

Here's what I believe: if we do the right thing in each individual situation, then we'll end up in a better place than where we are now.

There will be a time to stand against cancel culture & stand up for what's right, but this isn't that time. This flag is not the hill to die on.

Again, I could see his stance if anybody at MSU had anything to do with keeping the flag. But they don't. But he's willing to hurt the football team and all those that depend on their being football for their livelihood for something none of them have any input on.

And we can let fear of what's next guide our decisions now. Like I said in my first post, the only reason the majority of the people here are fine with his stance is because you agree with him. If he said he wasn't playing until all males that identified as females could go in women's locker rooms and shower beside your daughter then probably not. You can't let whether or not you agree with the particular issue at hand determine whether it is right or not because next time the tables will be turned.

bobcat91
06-22-2020, 04:17 PM
And this is exactly why we need our athletes, alumni, and everybody speaking g out.

And it wont change a damn thing. Reaves said he isnt going for the two flag system and the legislature isnt changing it.

That leaves the voters to decide and it isnt happening this year. It's always funny when folks think they can change the world when in effect they have no power at all. And in true Mississippi history, the more folks try to in act change by getting in someone's face, the more our leaders resist. Keep tilting at windmills

Tbonewannabe
06-22-2020, 04:27 PM
And it wont change a damn thing. Reaves said he isnt going for the two flag system and the legislature isnt changing it.

That leaves the voters to decide and it isnt happening this year. It's always funny when folks think they can change the world when in effect they have no power at all. And in true Mississippi history, the more folks try to in act change by getting in someone's face, the more our leaders resist. Keep tilting at windmills

You do realize if all the football players at MSU and UM chose to refuse to play that it is BILLIONS of dollars that the Mississippi economy loses.

There is no bigger motivator in the American culture than money.

monroedawg5646
06-22-2020, 04:29 PM
Kylie and whoever else can piss off. If we suck shit this fall so be it. These kids need to understand the decision has nothing to do with MSU football or the University. I think I?ll go into work and demand a 25% raise or I?m walking and see how that works out for me.

bluelightstar
06-22-2020, 04:30 PM
Kylie and whoever else can piss off. If we suck shit this fall so be it. These kids need to understand the decision has nothing to do with MSU football or the University. I think I?ll go into work and demand a 25% raise or I?m walking and see how that works out for me.

You may have just come up with one of the worst analogies I've ever seen

KOdawg1
06-22-2020, 04:31 PM

Bingo. He's a terrific RB but I'll be glad when he's gone. He's very Jarrian Jones-esqe

Again, I agree with what he's standing for. Not sure how what he's doing will help matters though.

SmokeyDawg
06-22-2020, 04:36 PM

Some of the richest people in Mississippi are well invested into these schools and athletic departments. When the money starts talking, politics start changing. That's how their athletic platform works.

BrunswickDawg
06-22-2020, 04:36 PM
You do realize if all the football players at MSU and UM chose to refuse to play that it is BILLIONS of dollars that the Mississippi economy loses.

And I wouldn't be surprised if other sports jump in as well.

Homedawg
06-22-2020, 04:38 PM
Bingo. He's a terrific RB but I'll be glad when he's gone. He's very Jarrian Jones-esqe

Again, I agree with what he's standing for. Not sure how what he's doing will help matters though.

OH MY.....................SMH

confucius say
06-22-2020, 04:47 PM

Not sure who the "family" is, but the MSU administration supports his beliefs. Most of the fans too. If he wants to use his platform this way, then more power to him.

But can someone explain the correlation between sitting out MSU games and changing the state flag? Kylin plays for MSU, not the state of Mississippi. Sitting out would only make sense if MSU opposed changing the flag. It doesn't. It hasn't flown the flag since Kylin was 15.

KOdawg1
06-22-2020, 04:48 PM
OH MY.....................SMH

Hope you don't catch a crick

Bothrops
06-22-2020, 04:49 PM
Sankey definitely didn't do us any favors. It may have been an unintended consequence, but the flag had been out of sight, out of mind for a little while. Our football program is done, until this flag is spoken out of existence.

bobcat91
06-22-2020, 05:11 PM
Some of the richest people in Mississippi are well invested into these schools and athletic departments. When the money starts talking, politics start changing. That's how their athletic platform works.

And change was coming. Probably still is. Things were going on behind the scenes and what everyone said they want was working. Then everyone who thinks they can fire the issue got involved. The NCAA and SEC, who turned a blind eye to the Confederate symbolism on the Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida and Tennessee flags, now starts a pressure campaign. Other folks get involved. Now it's in your face and if leaders buckle they will not look like they are erasing a Confederate symbol, they look weak. Now everything is up in the air.

When the games start, we will play. We may suck, but we will play. And anyone who didnt, would be gone.

SmokeyDawg
06-22-2020, 05:21 PM
And change was coming. Probably still is. Things were going on behind the scenes and what everyone said they want was working. Then everyone who thinks they can fire the issue got involved. The NCAA and SEC, who turned a blind eye to the Confederate symbolism on the Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida and Tennessee flags, now starts a pressure campaign. Other folks get involved. Now it's in your face and if leaders buckle they will not look like they are erasing a Confederate symbol, they look weak. Now everything is up in the air.

When the games start, we will play. We may suck, but we will play. And anyone who didnt, would be gone.

We don't need anymore evidence to say the leadership in Mississippi is weak, that's well known, we need to see it get stronger.

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2020, 05:23 PM
Hey how about some of y?all shut up and stop telling a kid who probably is the difference in 2 or 3 wins to kick rocks? Man, some of you guys are idiots.

I wonder if some are these are the same ones puffing there chest out on the hailstate facebook page.... I've seen so much borderline racism in the past couple hours.
One guy even told him if he didn't like it he could go to a HBCU instead... that's the kind of statement that should get someone punched in the mouth for their ignorance.

It's funny.... Kylin comes out and IS A LEADER... in trying to get action changed... and he's labeled a trouble maker... because it doesn't fit your agende.

I think some people need to go take a deep had look in the mirror and look around their world and think about what they are saying.

Kylin isn't the problem.. he's trying to make people AWARE of the problem and force change... since WE the PEOPLE of the state of MS haven't done our damn jobs and made the legislature do it years ago.

(now i need to wade through these 4 pages to see how radical some of yall went...)

msstatelp1
06-22-2020, 05:29 PM

If change was coming then it was at a glacial pace. Somebody needed to be a leader and step into the spotlight.

SmokeyDawg
06-22-2020, 05:32 PM
If change was coming then it was at a glacial pace. Somebody needed to be a leader and step into the spotlight.

Don't bring global warming into this!!!***

Agreed

bobcat91
06-22-2020, 05:35 PM

Yes, it's slow. We have never been a progressive state in much of anything. Frankly, this doesnt help. It's not being a leader, its bayonet politics. It's never brought quick change before, and it wont now. I'd respect his stance more if he hadn't played under the flag for several years and then get foxhole religion.

99jc
06-22-2020, 05:41 PM
17 him and the rest that feel this way. 17em all.

R2Dawg
06-22-2020, 05:44 PM
I respectfully disagree with your opinion here.

I do the draw the line, but my line is way past the flag. Time to change

People are being complete irrational on most issues now. Why hurt MSU when MSU has nothing to do with the flag? IF MSU still raised the flag, I'd understand Hill but this is just additional moves to ramp up everything.

Some are after anything related to our 200 year history before long most people will have to change their name because we all had relatives that lived 100 years ago. Some want Lee statue removed from drill field now. Stop the insanity.

On top of that, every sport we love is being destroyed by constant focus on race. All the pushing is making things worse - lesson at Talledega. No one knows when to stop and if everyone doesn't tone it down a notch well you can fill in what is coming.

R2Dawg
06-22-2020, 05:49 PM
I wonder if some are these are the same ones puffing there chest out on the hailstate facebook page.... I've seen so much borderline racism in the past couple hours.
One guy even told him if he didn't like it he could go to a HBCU instead... that's the kind of statement that should get someone punched in the mouth for their ignorance.

It's funny.... Kylin comes out and IS A LEADER... in trying to get action changed... and he's labeled a trouble maker... because it doesn't fit your agende.

I think some people need to go take a deep had look in the mirror and look around their world and think about what they are saying.

Kylin isn't the problem.. he's trying to make people AWARE of the problem and force change... since WE the PEOPLE of the state of MS haven't done our damn jobs and made the legislature do it years ago.

(now i need to wade through these 4 pages to see how radical some of yall went...)

Do you seriously think anyone on the planet is not aware of anything on these topics now? Folks need to tone done the attacks on all fronts. There are two sides to every situation but too many now only want to look on one side. Our society needs a racism time out and quarantine.

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2020, 05:51 PM

Know what will make it work faster? are you doing your part and calling your reps daily and emailing them if you live in the state? or are people just bitch*ing about the players , the conference, the ncaa... trying to force a change...

You are right.. in the state that likes to be last..we now are..and are being punished for... it's time for the people of ms to do their part and force a change with their voice.
Stop being part of the problem.

Todd4State
06-22-2020, 05:52 PM

I have family members that I both agree and disagree with on things all the time. And I agree with Kylin on this. But I respect others opinions on it too. And that's the problem with our society right now- there is no middle ground on any issue.

Anyway being family doesn't mean that we're all going to agree with each other all the time. And that's OK.

Dolphus Raymond
06-22-2020, 05:52 PM
I support Kylin Hill?s decision 100%. As a consequence of the poor leadership provided by our elected leaders and the ?head in the sand? attitude of most of our citizens, this is where we are. I suspect other players in the state will follow Kylin?s lead.
Change or die. Pretty simple, Mississippi.

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2020, 05:53 PM
Do you seriously think anyone on the planet is not aware of anything on these topics now? Folks need to tone done the attacks on all fronts. There are two sides to every situation but too many now only want to look on one side. Our society needs a racism time out and quarantine.

Hasn't ignoring racism for say 400 years been long enough?
you need more time off from the discussion???

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2020, 05:55 PM

Again i ask.. are you doing your part or just complaining? The legislature won't do anything uncomfortable unless forced to do so...

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2020, 05:57 PM

You are wrong. Most kids want structure they want to be pushed not catered to. Kylin is a Moorhead baby. A month ago he was on his Mullen mindset on Twitter what happened to that

Irondawg
06-22-2020, 05:58 PM
I don't mind using your voice saying it needs to change. I don't like to back that up by threats not to play when the school and the fans are the mercy of the legislature to make something happen as well.

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2020, 05:58 PM
Let me start off by saying the flag issue is useless to me. I couldn?t possibly care less. But the truth about Kylin Hill is that he thinks and wants to be treated like he is a lot better than he really is. The kid is good but now where near great. He can?t hold A jock strap for Jerious Norwood, JJ Johnson, Bowling ball, Vick Ballard or Boobie Dixon.

Why does it not surprise me you wouldn't care about this issue at all... Do you look at the flag and see hatred and oppression and the only thing it stands for being slavery. Nope..
I'll say it. you are part of the problem. keep your head stuck in the sand.

and it's always good to bash the person who "causes the problem" instead of going after the issue. it's the true sign of a mental midget.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-22-2020, 06:00 PM
This thread is about what I expected. It's why we need more Kylin's but shut up & run your ball & such.

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2020, 06:01 PM

He saw Chubba Hubbard and had to do the same. Kylin Hill is a dram queen. Some players are worth putting up with if they ball out come game day. But Kylin would act like he was hurt 10 plays a game and come back next series and be fine. It is a look at me deal with him

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2020, 06:03 PM

what i have seen from the "msu family" over the past 4 days or so has made me sick..
One person said "Slavery wasn't a bad thing" .....
another said about Kylin "Maybe he should go the HBCU route"

And those are far from the only exmples of people who just don't want to see change, be forced to change, or just don't want to listen... they want the good lil boys to just go play football and let "us" cheer for them. How dare they stand for anything.

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2020, 06:04 PM
"Here at MSU, we're family!" (unless you stand for what you believe in and it disagrees with my personal political views and opinions, then you can piss off***)

IT. IS. TIME. TO. CHANGE. THE. DAMN. FLAG.

I commend Kylin, Marcus Murphy, and whoever chooses to use the platform they've been given to stand up for what they believe in and for something that should have been fixed YEARS ago. And this is just the beginning. I hope every single athlete at MSU, OM, USM, etc. walk away and refuse to play until the flag is changed. That would fix this flag issue real quick. It's ridiculous this hasn't already been solved.

Bravo. well said. It has to change now. If you live in MS. Do your part.

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2020, 06:05 PM
Sounds to me like you are embarrassed that a college kid is willing to speak out and you aren't. You know its wrong. You want it changed. But, aw shucks, it's the legislature's fault so lets just not do anything. So let's call one of our own a useful idiot to make ourselves feel better. Instead, you should be calling your legislator and telling him HE should be fighting for what is right as much as Kylin, and Marcus Murphy, and I'm sure others will be.

You have always been one of my favorite posters sir. Rep given

ScoobaDawg
06-22-2020, 06:07 PM

Can't be. Bobcat said it's a fact... it's not happening..***

Exactly. the pressure has to be applied by the players and the voters.

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2020, 06:07 PM
what i have seen from the "msu family" over the past 4 days or so has made me sick..
One person said "Slavery wasn't a bad thing" .....
another said about Kylin "Maybe he should go the HBCU route"

And those are far from the only exmples of people who just don't want to see change, be forced to change, or just don't want to listen... they want the good lil boys to just go play football and let "us" cheer for them. How dare they stand for anything.

I have not said a word about the flag. I am talking about Kylin hill personally. In my honest opinion he was on the fence to be here in 2020 anyway. He is a me guy. Always has been. The pass blocking struggles are not all bc he can?t physically do it, it is bc he does not want to be about that life. I am not a huge Kylin fan. He is good and would help us. When Kylin wants to help us. That is a problem. Maybe he has grown up and is the best leader in the locker room, hopefully that is the case. But Mississippi State nor his teammates have nothing to do with the flag. Walking out on them is no different than Jarrian Jones.

BeardoMSU
06-22-2020, 06:08 PM
This thread is about what I expected. It's why we need more Kylin's but shut up & run your ball & such.

Indeed.

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2020, 06:10 PM
To the same point, Marcus Murphy has been a great kid besides the tutorgate deal and we need him a lot more than we need Hill. But the flag is no reason to walk out on State. State has not had it on campus since 2015. These kids want to be twitter famous and we are all to blame for that for gloryfying them to this extent. It is a huge reason recruiting has became a cringe fest

BeardoMSU
06-22-2020, 06:11 PM
Why does it not surprise me you wouldn't care about this issue at all... Do you look at the flag and see hatred and oppression and the only thing it stands for being slavery. Nope..
I'll say it. you are part of the problem. keep your head stuck in the sand.

and it's always good to bash the person who "causes the problem" instead of going after the issue. it's the true sign of a mental midget.

Easy to "not care" when you lack empathy and have zero interested in social perspective outside your own 4 walls.

Dolphus Raymond
06-22-2020, 06:18 PM
And, should Mississippi continue the NEVER!! stance, then I suspect the NCAA will allow un-restricted transfers AS THEY SHOULD.
And, the Governor makes a joke about separate but equal. What a classy idiot.

bulldawg28
06-22-2020, 06:20 PM
Burn the flag!

West Tn Dawg
06-22-2020, 06:23 PM

That shit works both ways!

Todd4State
06-22-2020, 06:36 PM

To be fair- most sports fans want politics and sports to be separated. I don't really care about any of the players personal political beliefs. I support Cohen and Leach as coaches even though politically they are polar opposites and one of them is obviously different than mine. And it is 100% Ok for players to have beliefs that are opposite or the same as mine. I watch sports because I enjoy the God given talents of the people playing them.

bobcat91
06-22-2020, 06:42 PM
Can't be. Bobcat said it's a fact... it's not happening..***

Exactly. the pressure has to be applied by the players and the voters.

I didnt say it. Gov Tate Reaves said it. My bet is that it happens next year.

"Any similar plan would actually accomplish the exact opposite of our state goal -- it would actually divide our state more," Reeves said. "I don't believe it would satisfy either side of this debate, and I don't think it's a viable alternative." He's talking about the two flag solution.

The governor has said that he believes Mississippians, rather than legislators, should decide whether the state flag should be changed. The last vote on the state flag issue took place in 2001 when voters decided to keep the flag as it is. From WJTV today.

Now, continue your one man righteous crusade.

Cowbell
06-22-2020, 06:47 PM
I have not said a word about the flag. I am talking about Kylin hill personally. In my honest opinion he was on the fence to be here in 2020 anyway. He is a me guy. Always has been. The pass blocking struggles are not all bc he can?t physically do it, it is bc he does not want to be about that life. I am not a huge Kylin fan. He is good and would help us. When Kylin wants to help us. That is a problem. Maybe he has grown up and is the best leader in the locker room, hopefully that is the case. But Mississippi State nor his teammates have nothing to do with the flag. Walking out on them is no different than Jarrian Jones.

This is exactly how I feel. He may be in the transfer portal by next week but it ain't because of a flag.... that I think does need to be changed.

coastratdog
06-22-2020, 06:57 PM
What KJ doesn't understand is that maybe 35-40% of the State of Mississippi only care about MSU. Most of them would like to see us burn. Although many if not most of us agree that the flag is decades outdated it's not in our control to change. His threat has no where to go so he may as well transfer. I don't see anyway he can wiggle out of this gracefully. No one can blame anyone associated with a MSU as the bad guy. Bye bye KJ. It was fun watching you play.

R2Dawg
06-22-2020, 07:00 PM
Indeed.

So ask yourself this question, are you enjoying all this political sports stuff? Sports is a get away from the worries of life or used to be. Sports was also a unifying thing. Not anymore. If I want politics I'll go to a political board. Sports not fun anymore then revenue will go down, see who is happy then. Don't say it won't happen, already happened in pro sports and before all this college sports attendance was already going down.

If this keeps going, folks want have any money or time to take in sports. Keep it up America and there will be no more America.

Quaoarsking
06-22-2020, 07:07 PM
So ask yourself this question, are you enjoying all this political sports stuff? Sports is a get away from the worries of life or used to be. Sports was also a unifying thing. Not anymore. If I want politics I'll go to a political board. Sports not fun anymore then revenue will go down, see who is happy then. Don't say it won't happen, already happened in pro sports and before all this college sports attendance was already going down.

If this keeps going, folks want have any money or time to take in sports. Keep it up America and there will be no more America.

Sports have always been political.

msstatelp1
06-22-2020, 07:32 PM

"Any similar plan would actually accomplish the exact opposite of our state goal -- it would actually divide our state more," Reeves said. "I don't believe it would satisfy either side of this debate, and I don't think it's a viable alternative." He's talking about the two flag solution.

The governor has said that he believes Mississippians, rather than legislators, should decide whether the state flag should be changed. The last vote on the state flag issue took place in 2001 when voters decided to keep the flag as it is. From WJTV today.

If they punt it to next year, we'll be dead in the water. May as well shut down all sports.

msstatelp1
06-22-2020, 07:33 PM
... Keep it up America and there will be no more America.
Same thing was said in the late 60s and we're still here.

bobcat91
06-22-2020, 07:37 PM
If they punt it to next year, we'll be dead in the water. May as well shut down all sports.

And I truly believe they will. There is no will to change it in the legislature and no will to put it on the ballot in an election year. I think the citizens will vote on it next year.

BeardoMSU
06-22-2020, 07:43 PM

Yep....getting rid of the MS flag and other celebrations of the confederacy are what will bring down the country....apparently Jeff Davis was playin' the looooong game.**

LC Dawg
06-22-2020, 07:51 PM
It's 2020 and we still have the goddamm confederate battle flag on our state flag. How dare these young black athletes use their platform to change it. They should be thankful that they are being provided with a free education and shut the **** up****. Let everyone else speak up for changing the flag since that seems to be working so well.****

Thick
06-22-2020, 08:04 PM
Marcus Murphy just joined him

Now, Ealy needs to join them to make sure this is balanced

I just wish these mfers could text with somewhat proper grammar. They?re in college.

schddog72
06-22-2020, 08:05 PM

Could not agree more. You can't let the tail wag the dog, and Kylin Hill is NOT the dog. He is a locker room cancer and if you don't excise a cancer, it will eventually kill the entire team. You let one drama queen start running your team and pretty soon you won't have a team. Just a bunch of individuals who happen to wear the same uniform but are playing for "me", not "we", in this case if they play at all. Move on from him and play the ones that are there to play for MSU, as their scholarship agreement requires, and move on from the cancers.

Thick
06-22-2020, 08:09 PM

If the flag changes in this state, it will be the white vote that changes it. In 2001, no one showed up to vote, and a lot of the black population won?t or can?t vote.

MetEdDawg
06-22-2020, 08:13 PM
Some of y'all don't get that both Hill and Murphy are from Mississippi. They represent MSU, but they also represent the state of Mississippi. And like it or not, the state is bigger than we are.

I'm shocked at some of you who are pretty blatantly coming out blasting a kid of our own like this. The hints of racism are strong in this thread. And I'm a conservative born in Alabama and lived here 28 and in Starkville for 4. But just because a kid didnt do something before now doesn't negate or diminish what he's trying to do now.

I think there's a lot of folks on this board proud of their heritage. But it's also blatantly obvious that you don't have to deal with people of color very often or try and relate to them on something other than a surface level.

Flag needs to go and good for Hill for stepping up and saying something. If you have the balls to publicly call out a kid for despising a symbol of oppression of his culture, you need to check yourself. You probably aren't the person you think you are. Or maybe you are and just aren't a very good person.

This isn't part of cancel culture. And if you can't distinguish between this and some of the absurdities going on in other areas, shame on you.

Parker Street
06-22-2020, 08:19 PM
What KJ doesn't understand is that maybe 35-40% of the State of Mississippi doesn't care about MSU. Most of them would like to see us burn. Although many if not most of us agree that the flag is decades outdated it's not in our control to change. His threat has no where to go so he may as well transfer. I don't see anyway he can wiggle out of this gracefully. No one can blame anyone associated with a MSU as the bad guy. Bye bye KJ. It was fun watching you play.

Nothing personal, but I will suggest that 70% of Mississippians could care less about any university in Mississippi. The flag is something people never even think about until the Cancel Culture declares it racist. How much longer can the insane demands be tolerated.

R2Dawg
06-22-2020, 08:24 PM
Sports have always been political.

No they have not, not like this.

R2Dawg
06-22-2020, 08:28 PM

Things are way worse now. Our spiritual and moral condition has continued the downward skid. This is not business as usual. Lawlessness can't be ignored for a nation to flourish.

Of course progressives think we are evolving, really; yall call this evolving?

Mob mentality is taking over this country, no respect.

msstatelp1
06-22-2020, 08:30 PM
Nothing personal, but I will suggest that 70% of Mississippians could care less about any university in Mississippi. The flag is something people never even think about until the Cancel Culture declares it racist. How much longer can the insane demands be tolerated.

What's insane about changing a part of a flag that was used by traitors to try and keep people enslaved? What's insane about changing that same part of the flag that was used as a symbol of segregation and white supremacy? If it's your heritage, then your heritage is white supremacy, slavery, and being proud of the rich plantation owners talking great great grandpappy into fighting their war.

R2Dawg
06-22-2020, 08:32 PM
Can anyone answer me why BLM and national media are not concerned about the 5 black kids killed this past weekend in shootings? 2 were 3 years old. Not one word. Crickets. Seriously?

People are being played like fools by the movement.

BeardoMSU
06-22-2020, 08:32 PM
Things are way worse now.

Glad you had it so good in the 60's, lol.

msstatelp1
06-22-2020, 08:36 PM

you're right, they never have /s

Fred Garvin
06-22-2020, 08:38 PM

I?m with you, brother. Change the damn flag.

BeardoMSU
06-22-2020, 08:40 PM
you're right, they never have /s

Lets go ahead and add Ali, Jackie Robinson, Munich, Jim Brown, Billy Jean King, Joe Louis, as well, just to name a few....but yeah, all BS.

And most recently, Bubba Wallace.

ETA: how could I forget the Game of Change. Yeah, those "pre-Madonna" bitches should've just shut up and dribbled.

Quaoarsking
06-22-2020, 08:44 PM

Sure they have. Give me a year, and I'll tell you what was going on in political sports around that time.

Tbonewannabe
06-22-2020, 08:50 PM

Cancel culture didn't declare it racist, that was the Mississippi Confederacy that linked the way of life in MS to slavery. It is in the first paragraph of the articles of succession.

coastratdog
06-22-2020, 08:50 PM

You're right about the 70%. I edited my post to reflect that.

chef dixon
06-22-2020, 08:52 PM
Some of y'all don't get that both Hill and Murphy are from Mississippi. They represent MSU, but they also represent the state of Mississippi. And like it or not, the state is bigger than we are.

I'm shocked at some of you who are pretty blatantly coming out blasting a kid of our own like this. The hints of racism are strong in this thread. And I'm a conservative born in Alabama and lived here 28 and in Starkville for 4. But just because a kid didnt do something before now doesn't negate or diminish what he's trying to do now.

I think there's a lot of folks on this board proud of their heritage. But it's also blatantly obvious that you don't have to deal with people of color very often or try and relate to them on something other than a surface level.

Flag needs to go and good for Hill for stepping up and saying something. If you have the balls to publicly call out a kid for despising a symbol of oppression of his culture, you need to check yourself. You probably aren't the person you think you are. Or maybe you are and just aren't a very good person.

This isn't part of cancel culture. And if you can't distinguish between this and some of the absurdities going on in other areas, shame on you.

Agreed. And at this point its not just hints. Good post.

Bothrops
06-22-2020, 08:57 PM

There's a communist revolution going on. They are making the rules.

BeardoMSU
06-22-2020, 09:01 PM

So....being against the MS flag and the confederacy is now....Communist?

ShotgunDawg
06-22-2020, 09:13 PM
Good news is that Kylin Hill just in the Heisman race tonight.

You know damn well the media types are going to eat him up if he has a good year

Commercecomet24
06-22-2020, 09:15 PM
Damn we need to get sports back, the board is getting as bad as Facebook lol.

Not that there's anything wrong with that lol

bobcat91
06-22-2020, 09:22 PM
Damn we need to get sports back, the board is getting as bad as Facebook lol.

Not that there's anything wrong with that lol

Actually this board is a pretty decent representation of the country as a whole right now. There are no discussions, only us vs them talking points. You cannot disagree with someone without having your motives impugned and being called a racist. We have lost the ability to talk to each other. On 247, it is as bad as Nazi censorship. Agree with the Moderators and your post stays. Disagree and your post or thread disappears. It is total censorship. And anyone who thinks things are going to be better on the other side of this is fooling themselves.

Parker Street
06-22-2020, 09:25 PM

True, and Black Lives Matter is now the most powerful political party in the United States. Once they target and humiliate you, they Own you.

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2020, 09:26 PM

I am not attacking the kid I am telling the truth. And as far as dealing with people of color I deal with all peoples. Young peoples. And I treat everyone of them the exact same. And if they are attention starved prima donnas who want to be catered too and patted on the back 24/7, twitter all stars and but limping off the field every 4 plays then I would hold them accountable. Stop making every little thing about race.

Marcus Murphy has been great other than tutorgate notice I have not said a word against him because I know the kind of kid he is. The Hail State family goes both ways. If you are willing to walk out on us over a symbol of a flag that has not even been flown on campus in years then you are probably more of the problem than you would like to admit. Marks is ready and willing to take your carries and there will be another kid hungry for a scholarship and that monthly stipend. Has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. I am from MS too and I would not walk out on my kids over something like this. That is what makes football great. All of that should go away in the locker room and especially in the huddle. It does not mean a thing between the lines. I know life is bigger than football and I want all our athletes to feel welcomed but I also want them to love MSU and it be about we not me

Commercecomet24
06-22-2020, 09:26 PM
Actually this board is a pretty decent representation of the country as a whole right now. There are no discussions, only us vs them talking points. You cannot disagree with someone without having your motives impugned and being called a racist. We have lost the ability to talk to each other. On 247, it is as bad as Nazi censorship. Agree with the Moderators and your post stays. Disagree and your post or thread disappears. It is total censorship. And anyone who thinks things are going to be better on the other side of this is fooling themselves.

Yes we are divided that was why I compared it to Facebook and all other forms of social media and discussion. Why people can't rationally discuss and have dialogue is insane. I've been a negotiator for a long time and if it becomes "us vs them" with no compromise or middle ground, nobody wins(accept on the playing field that is).

msu15
06-22-2020, 09:32 PM
I am not attacking the kid I am telling the truth. And as far as dealing with people of color I deal with all peoples. Young peoples. And I treat everyone of them the exact same. And if they are attention starved prima donnas who want to be catered too and patted on the back 24/7, twitter all stars and but limping off the field every 4 plays then I would hold them accountable. Stop making every little thing about race.

Marcus Murphy has been great other than tutorgate notice I have not said a word against him because I know the kind of kid he is. The Hail State family goes both ways. If you are willing to walk out on us over a symbol of a flag that has not even been flown on campus in years then you are probably more of the problem than you would like to admit. Marks is ready and willing to take your carries and there will be another kid hungry for a scholarship and that monthly stipend. Has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. I am from MS too and I would not walk out on my kids over something like this. That is what makes football great. All of that should go away in the locker room and especially in the huddle. It does not mean a thing between the lines. I know life is bigger than football and I want all our athletes to feel welcomed but I also want them to love MSU and it be about we not me
Big time rep.

DownwardDawg
06-22-2020, 09:40 PM

Great post. You’ll get attacked but you spoke the truth and made great points.

MetEdDawg
06-22-2020, 09:42 PM

Marks isn't from Mississippi. Kylin Hill is. Threatening on a message board that Marks is ready to take his snaps is literally stupid. Plain stupidity.

Your entire last paragraph represents why this is an issue. You say football is supposed to leave it all behind. It only does that for people that need a break from the uncomfortable things going on that these kids can change outside of football. You and others don't want to deal with it. You want kids like Kylin to shut up and just play football because that fits your interests more than his. And that's wrong.

Kylin deserves to have a voice as does everyone. But I think a lot of people are realizing for maybe the first time that they don't have a good understanding as to how others feel about this. That flag has been a very casual reminder of inequality and slavery for a long time. And because it's all some people know, it offends them that someone might want to make a change.

A very large portion of the MSU family is standing with Kylin. And you may very quickly find yourself in the minority on this issue. And maybe that will give you a moment to glimpse at how others in the minority of situations feel.

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2020, 09:44 PM
Great post. You’ll get attacked but you spoke the truth and made great points.

I could care less about being attacked on elite Dawgs. My family (Blood and otherwise) knows me and they know I would do anything for them. And a lot of them are a different race than me

DownwardDawg
06-22-2020, 09:44 PM

This fan base, especially this board, is completely intolerant of others views. I sit down and eat lunch with my black friends and black co-workers and we can’t help but discuss some of the things going on in our country. We have very civil conversations and respect each other even when we don’t agree on several things. That’s not allowed here. Hell, it doesn’t seem allowed anywhere hardly.

Bothrops
06-22-2020, 09:50 PM

I was referring to the communist revolution that's been happening from coast to coast for the past few weeks. The state flag should already be history, but was not an issue being discussed until Sankey's dumbass made his statement.

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2020, 09:53 PM
Marks isn't from Mississippi. Kylin Hill is. Threatening on a message board that Marks is ready to take his snaps is literally stupid. Plain stupidity.

Your entire last paragraph represents why this is an issue. You say football is supposed to leave it all behind. It only does that for people that need a break from the uncomfortable things going on that these kids can change outside of football. You and others don't want to deal with it. You want kids like Kylin to shut up and just play football because that fits your interests more than his. And that's wrong.

Kylin deserves to have a voice as does everyone. But I think a lot of people are realizing for maybe the first time that they don't have a good understanding as to how others feel about this. That flag has been a very casual reminder of inequality and slavery for a long time. And because it's all some people know, it offends them that someone might want to make a change.

A very large portion of the MSU family is standing with Kylin. And you may very quickly find yourself in the minority on this issue. And maybe that will give you a moment to glimpse at how others in the minority of situations feel.

Marks is from GA. GA has a confederate emblem on their flag. He is not acting like that. Marks is hungry and not a twitter warrior. Marks is more than capable of playing and was gonna play whether 8 takes a snap or not. The on field part of that is secondary to me. And what am I threatening? Kylin is the only one threatening anything. Threaten or not Marks is going to push Kylin. Do not go down that road. Take that up with Leach. My opinion means jack at the end of the day.

I never said Kylin should shut up and play. I said Kylin should grow up and stop acting like a drama queen. He is a proven prima Donna. On and off the field. You do not walk out on your teammates and family over something like this. You cannot get on twitter and say Mullen mindset then threaten to abandon them a few weeks later.

Cowbell
06-22-2020, 09:54 PM

You need to work on your reading comprehension

MetEdDawg
06-22-2020, 09:56 PM
You need to work on your reading comprehension

Sounds great. Enlighten me

TUSK
06-22-2020, 09:57 PM
Marks is from GA. GA has a confederate emblem on their flag. He is not acting like that. Marks is hungry and not a twitter warrior. Marks is more than capable of playing and was gonna play whether 8 takes a snap or not. The on field part of that is secondary to me. And what am I threatening? Kylin is the only one threatening anything. Threaten or not Marks is going to push Kylin. Do not go down that road. Take that up with Leach. My opinion means jack at the end of the day.

I never said Kylin should shut up and play. I said Kylin should grow up and stop acting like a drama queen. He is a proven prima Donna. On and off the field. You do not walk out on your teammates and family over something like this. You cannot get on twitter and say Mullen mindset then threaten to abandon them a few weeks later.

Oh... Snap!

Quaoarsking
06-22-2020, 10:00 PM
Good news is that Kylin Hill just in the Heisman race tonight.

You know damn well the media types are going to eat him up if he has a good year

Best case scenario: Kylin runs for 1,000, catches for 1,000, is present at the official unveiling of the new flag, maybe puts it up the flagpole himself at DWS, and then wins the Heisman in December in the biggest blowout over.

bobcat91
06-22-2020, 10:01 PM
This fan base, especially this board, is completely intolerant of others views. I sit down and eat lunch with my black friends and black co-workers and we can’t help but discuss some of the things going on in our country. We have very civil conversations and respect each other even when we don’t agree on several things. That’s not allowed here. Hell, it doesn’t seem allowed anywhere hardly.

There are no discussions on here or other state sites. The lack of sports leads to posts on the topic of the day. And if you disagree one percent from the groupthink, you are called the vilest of names. MetEd said if you disagree with Kylin's stance, you're a racist. How about the many times he said he wanted to leave MSU? Whst does that categorize me when I disagree?

Cowbell
06-22-2020, 10:01 PM
Sounds great. Enlighten me
Read through Buckys post and read your response. You are putting words in his mouth and changing the narrative. You are metEd - you should be smart enough to not need my enlightenment.

Quaoarsking
06-22-2020, 10:02 PM
I was referring to the communist revolution that's been happening from coast to coast for the past few weeks. The state flag should already be history, but was not an issue being discussed until Sankey's dumbass made his statement.

That's clearly false. Yes, the SEC/NCAA rules raised the level of conversation, but people have been discussing it all month, including at the Capitol.

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2020, 10:04 PM

My interests? Football is my life. Therefore the kids are my life (regardless of color) in one way or the other. They all know I would do anything for them and they have my number whenever they need it. I give all
of them the same ride home when they need it and the same chewing when they slack. And I would never tell them to shut up and play. But I would hold them accountable to their teammates and to themselves. That is what needs to be brought up. Kylin is a me guy. Like
I said, he can be great and help us but so far Kylin has only helped us when Kylin felt like helping us. When the cameras are on him he is either sky high or dirt low. It is for attention. I got very tired of that.

Hopefully he is the best leader on the team, I am not calling him a lowlife and that we should cut him. I am just stating fact and giving you my perspective of it

MetEdDawg
06-22-2020, 10:05 PM
There are no discussions on here or other state sites. The lack of sports leads to posts on the topic of the day. And if you disagree one percent from the groupthink, you are called the vilest of names. MetEd said if you disagree with Kylin's stance, you're a racist. How about the many times he said he wanted to leave MSU? Whst does that categorize me when I disagree?

I definitely didn't say if you disagree with Kylin you are a racist. But I think there it's obvious are some racial undertones to some of the posts in this thread. That to me is undeniable.

But disagreeing with someone doesn't make you a racist. And I never said that. Like I said. Lived in the south my entire life. Conservative through and through. But that doesn't mean I have to cross the line of telling a kid like Kylin how he's supposed to react. I think it's rich you said I called folks racist for disagreeing with Kylin though.

mparkerfd20
06-22-2020, 10:10 PM

Best post in this shitshow of a thread.

MetEdDawg
06-22-2020, 10:12 PM
My interests? Football is my life. Therefore the kids are my life (regardless of color) in one way or the other. They all know I would do anything for them and they have my number whenever they need it. I give all
of them the same ride home when they need it and the same chewing when they slack. And I would never tell them to shut up and play. But I would hold them accountable to their teammates and to themselves. That is what needs to be brought up. Kylin is a me guy. Like
I said, he can be great and help us but so far Kylin has only helped us when Kylin felt like helping us. When the cameras are on him he is either sky high or dirt low. It is for attention. I got very tired of that.

Hopefully he is the best leader on the team, I am not calling him a lowlife and that we should cut him. I am just stating fact and giving you my perspective of it

Would you have said something different to this if Elgton Jenkins had been the one to say this? Or Fletcher Cox?

I'm a teacher and an administrator. So we aren't that dissimilar. I would run through walls for my kids. I've been there for them and told them they need to persevere. And you are right. One man is not bigger than the team. But there are certain societal ideals that are bigger than football. Race and the perception of racial injustice is one of those. It's an issue and it's not going away. Kid is trying to advocate for a little progress and change. I applaud him for that.

My big question is did he clearance to do this. I think that's the real question worth asking. Did he do it himself or did the university give him the ok?

BuckyIsAB****
06-22-2020, 10:15 PM
Would you have said something different to this if Elgton Jenkins had been the one to say this? Or Fletcher Cox?

I'm a teacher and an administrator. So we aren't that dissimilar. I would run through walls for my kids. I've been there for them and told them they need to persevere. And you are right. One man is not bigger than the team. But there are certain societal ideals that are bigger than football. Race and the perception of racial injustice is one of those. It's an issue and it's not going away. Kid is trying to advocate for a little progress and change. I applaud him for that.

My big question is did he clearance to do this. I think that's the real question worth asking. Did he do it himself or did the university give him the ok?

I would absolutely feel differently about this if it came from a kid I knew was all in and not about himself. Marcus Murphy is a good example like I said. Murphy is a great kid and has dealt with more than I have in my life in his family. Kylin has a track record of being a Twitter all star and making everything about Kylin

Bothrops
06-22-2020, 10:16 PM
That's clearly false. Yes, the SEC/NCAA rules raised the level of conversation, but people have been discussing it all month, including at the Capitol.

Issue was not being discussed in the world of Mississippi sports is what I meant. In the past, yes, but not of late until Sankey reminded everyone, and hurt Mississippi schools despite their stance on the issue.

Rex54
06-22-2020, 10:18 PM

This. And the smarmy know it alls continue to smugly dismiss any concern over it. I have no doubt Quoaras and Shelton would assist in snitching on their fellow citizens to the BLM police for wrong think.

Rex54
06-22-2020, 10:21 PM

Most southerners fought because an army was headed their way. I'm for the flag because they (the modern communists) are against it, simple as that.

bobcat91
06-22-2020, 10:26 PM
I definitely didn't say if you disagree with Kylin you are a racist. But I think there it's obvious are some racial undertones to some of the posts in this thread. That to me is undeniable.

But disagreeing with someone doesn't make you a racist. And I never said that. Like I said. Lived in the south my entire life. Conservative through and through. But that doesn't mean I have to cross the line of telling a kid like Kylin how he's supposed to react. I think it's rich you said I called folks racist for disagreeing with Kylin though.

Maybe you see things differently. I know one color, and that's maroon. I will react the same way no matter who it is, but if you do anything to harm my school, I give you no benefit of the doubt. And he has repeatedly called his loyalty to MSU into account. I will never defend that. He has the same right to express himself as you and I do. If he brings harm to MSU, I'm going after him and dont give a damn over whether it's the flag he suddenly decided had to go after not saying a word about it for 3 years, or any other issue. You said he had balls to do this. I say he leads from behind and guys like that are a dime a dozen.

Extendedcab
06-22-2020, 10:30 PM

Rep Given!

MetEdDawg
06-22-2020, 10:32 PM
Maybe you see things differently. I know one color, and that's maroon. I will react the same way no matter who it is, but if you do anything to harm my school, I give you no benefit of the doubt. And he has repeatedly called his loyalty to MSU into account. I will never defend that. He has the same right to express himself as you and I do. If he brings harm to MSU, I'm going after him and dont give a damn over whether it's the flag he suddenly decided had to go after not saying a word about it for 3 years, or any other issue. You said he had balls to do this. I say he leads from behind and guys like that are a dime a dozen.

Bleeding only maroon is ultimately the issue. That's NOT the only color. It's not the only experience. And you can feel that way. But when there are folks at his own school telling him he can go to hell, go f himself, or go to a HBCU, then yes, I would say that takes a lot of balls.

There's a lot of grown men on this board that wouldn't be able to handle that. Bringing harm to MSU because he threatens to not play one season of football? Seems a tad overkill to call it that when discussing larger societal impacts like this one

BeardoMSU
06-22-2020, 10:37 PM
Most southerners fought because an army was headed their way. I'm for the flag because they (the modern communists) are against it, simple as that.

Lol, ok Capt. Revisionist.

Rex54
06-22-2020, 10:42 PM
Lol, ok Capt. Revisionist.
Fat loser commie

bobcat91
06-22-2020, 10:45 PM
Bleeding only maroon is ultimately the issue. That's NOT the only color. It's not the only experience. And you can feel that way. But when there are folks at his own school telling him he can go to hell, go f himself, or go to a HBCU, then yes, I would say that takes a lot of balls.

There's a lot of grown men on this board that wouldn't be able to handle that. Bringing harm to MSU because he threatens to not play one season of football? Seems a tad overkill to call it that when discussing larger societal impacts like this one

I called him a drama queen. He is. I said he could leave if he wants. He can. When you can explain how it wasnt an issue for 3 years for him, but all of a sudden is now, I'll listen. He lead the SEC in rushing last year while the flag was in its present form. He had no complaints. Now it's a crisis. No, I frankly dont care about his latest tirade. From wanting to leave, to his love of Mullen to this says more about him than anything else. Look up the word narcissist.

BeardoMSU
06-22-2020, 10:45 PM
Fat loser commie

Aw, you wound me. Glad you've specified your comment, actually. So, just to be clear....according to you, anyone who wants to change the state flag are commies?

Rex54
06-22-2020, 10:51 PM
Aw, you wound me. Glad you've specified your comment, actually. So, just to be clear....according to you, anyone who wants to change the state flag are commies?

Not all who want to change it are commies/cultural Marxists
But all commies/cultural marxists want it changed.

confucius say
06-22-2020, 11:00 PM

Do you expect elgton or fletcher to sit out in protest until it's changed? They are from MS too. I wonder if any other MS professional athletes will. And if not, why would they not.

hacker
06-22-2020, 11:18 PM
Imagine if our population was close to half Jewish and we were the last state with a swastika on our flag.

Football takes a backseat to this.

msstatelp1
06-23-2020, 06:02 AM

Yeah if those Yankee bastards at Fort Sumter hadn't fired on South Carolina, we wouldn't be in this situation right now! Do I need the /s?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-23-2020, 06:05 AM

Change the flag, yesterday!

Agreed, most of these people would read his twitter and feel totally opposite of their stance on this issue when compared to how he views the rest of the world. When has Hill ever shown to be a leader and now all of a sudden he's this great leader? Hill also is apparently against cops. Is it ok for me to disagree with him or is that racist?

Are things perfect in Mississippi? Hell no, but I'm tired of everyone, including Mississippians that have left the state, telling us how terrible it is. Most people no matter the color I come across just want to work hard, earn their check, and take care of theirs. The majority of the people in this state are good, but it's the politics that have kept the state back. Changing the flag is a good start, I just hope people don't buy into changing the flag solves all our issues. One thing I've seen working in the delta, is that poor doesn't have a color and most just need a chance to reach up.

Man, we picked the worst time to hire a majority white football staff.

FISHDAWG
06-23-2020, 07:11 AM
lets just rip all the pages out of the history books while we are at it then we won't have to keep going through all this

Dawgology
06-23-2020, 07:23 AM
The flag needs to be changed. There is nothing...absolutely nothing...that the state or it's residents gain from it. It is hurting business, it offends a large majority of our population, and now it is impacting sports. Not to mention it just underscores the nationwide perception of Mississippi.

Someone name me one way that our current flag actually BENEFITS the state and all of it's residents. Seriously. It's a challenge. Name it. One way.

chef dixon
06-23-2020, 07:52 AM
The sad part is people start using Kylin's twitter track record as a justification for not fully supporting the right thing to do. If you truly want the flag to be changed, truly believe you are not racist, and truly believe you want all races equal, it would be a no brainer to support Kylin on this issue. If you think he is being dramatic and not a team player, then it reeks of "shut up and play." I don't feel I have a right to put my self interest as a fan of MSU above his, especially when I don't know what he's been through.

ZedFedder
06-23-2020, 07:57 AM
If you go back and look at Kylin’s tweets since this tweet, I don’t think you have to worry about him playing. Also, he is doing the right thing.

Gutter Cobreh
06-23-2020, 08:52 AM
It would appear that some in this thread are threatened because a college kid that plays football has more influence to potentially force change than they do themselves.

bluelightstar
06-23-2020, 09:03 AM
Can anyone answer me why BLM and national media are not concerned about the 5 black kids killed this past weekend in shootings? 2 were 3 years old. Not one word. Crickets. Seriously?

People are being played like fools by the movement.

I know you don't actually care about those 5 black kids and want to use them as props, but the people responsible will be, you know, arrested and held accountable. That too often doesn't happen in other contexts, which is the whole point of everything that is going on.

confucius say
06-23-2020, 09:08 AM
The sad part is people start using Kylin's twitter track record as a justification for not fully supporting the right thing to do. If you truly want the flag to be changed, truly believe you are not racist, and truly believe you want all races equal, it would be a no brainer to support Kylin on this issue. If you think he is being dramatic and not a team player, then it reeks of "shut up and play." I don't feel I have a right to put my self interest as a fan of MSU above his, especially when I don't know what he's been through.

Support on the issue? Absolutely, yes. I hope we all support Kylin on the issue of changing the state flag.

Agree with a certain manner of protest? That's a tougher call.

Whether or not to support the manner in which a protest is carried out is a complicated issue. I'm not sure it's fair to say a person doesn't want the flag changed and doesn't want all races to be equal just because that person doesn't agree with sitting out games as the way one should protest the state flag.

As long as a person acknowledges and respects (as opposed to agreeing with) Kylins right to protest by sitting out games, I can't call that person a racist who doesn't want the flag changed just because that person doesn't agree with Kylins form of protest. That goes against open dialogue.

MaroonFlounder
06-23-2020, 09:15 AM
Get ready for the Lee Witherspoon show, because the idiots in the state legislature are not going to change a damn thing.

SheltonChoked
06-23-2020, 09:37 AM
Again, I could see his stance if anybody at MSU had anything to do with keeping the flag. But they don't. But he's willing to hurt the football team and all those that depend on their being football for their livelihood for something none of them have any input on.

And we can let fear of what's next guide our decisions now. Like I said in my first post, the only reason the majority of the people here are fine with his stance is because you agree with him. If he said he wasn't playing until all males that identified as females could go in women's locker rooms and shower beside your daughter then probably not. You can't let whether or not you agree with the particular issue at hand determine whether it is right or not because next time the tables will be turned.

You don't think that the MSU Alumni voices matter to the elected officials?

Stop with the stupid strawmen. It should not be shocking that a black man in Mississippi is against a symbol of white supremacy....

chef dixon
06-23-2020, 09:39 AM
Support on the issue? Absolutely, yes. I hope we all support Kylin on the issue of changing the state flag.

Agree with a certain manner of protest? That's a tougher call.

Whether or not to support the manner in which a protest is carried out is a complicated issue. I'm not sure it's fair to say a person doesn't want the flag changed and doesn't want all races to be equal just because that person doesn't agree with sitting out games as the way one should protest the state flag.

As long as a person acknowledges and respects (as opposed to agreeing with) Kylins right to protest by sitting out games, I can't call that person a racist who doesn't want the flag changed just because that person doesn't agree with Kylins form of protest. That goes against open dialogue.

But that's not what a lot of people doing. They are basically telling him to go screw himself and get out. There also tends to be a problem with the form of protest for a lot of people when it may actually be powerful enough to make change.

confucius say
06-23-2020, 10:18 AM
But that's not what a lot of people doing. They are basically telling him to go screw himself and get out.

Then those people are wrong and are being intolerant. But likewise, I think we are being intolerant and wrong if we paint everyone as racist and pro-confederate flag who doesn't agree with a particular manner of protest (not the issue being protested, mind you).

starkvegasdawg
06-23-2020, 10:25 AM
You don't think that the MSU Alumni voices matter to the elected officials?

Stop with the stupid strawmen. It should not be shocking that a black man in Mississippi is against a symbol of white supremacy....

Buts that's it. All the alumni can do is run to the end of their chains and bark. They don't have the authority to change it.

And where did I say a black man in MS shouldn't be? All I said is his protest is misguided because it is not hurting the decision makers. It is only hurting other innocent people caught up in this.

DownwardDawg
06-23-2020, 10:31 AM
I know you don't actually care about those 5 black kids and want to use them as props, but the people responsible will be, you know, arrested and held accountable. That too often doesn't happen in other contexts, which is the whole point of everything that is going on.

Just like the cop that killed George Floyd will be held accountable.

Rex54
06-23-2020, 10:36 AM
Bubba Wallace case solved? Garage door pull down loop?

https://twitter.com/jamesebeatty/status/1275389111759667201?s=21

maroonmania
06-23-2020, 10:51 AM
People are being complete irrational on most issues now. Why hurt MSU when MSU has nothing to do with the flag? IF MSU still raised the flag, I'd understand Hill but this is just additional moves to ramp up everything.

Some are after anything related to our 200 year history before long most people will have to change their name because we all had relatives that lived 100 years ago. Some want Lee statue removed from drill field now. Stop the insanity.

On top of that, every sport we love is being destroyed by constant focus on race. All the pushing is making things worse - lesson at Talledega. No one knows when to stop and if everyone doesn't tone it down a notch well you can fill in what is coming.

MSU is already hurt. We have now lost the chance to host baseball regionals and super regionals and the NCAA women's basketball tourney. That is freakin' ridiculous. If Kylin and others can put pressure on the PTB in the state to get the flag changed if for no other reason to give our baseball and WBB athletes fair footing when competing for championships then I'm OK with it. Those are the only 2 sports we are realistically playing for championships these days anyway. Football is just about what bowl we might make and MBB is in a bad way but baseball and WBB are 2 sports we can play with most anyone and have a realistic shot at winning a NC in.

DownwardDawg
06-23-2020, 10:53 AM
Bubba Wallace case solved? Garage door pull down loop?

https://twitter.com/jamesebeatty/status/1275389111759667201?s=21

Surely not. As pissed as I was yesterday because some low life scum did that, this better not be what all the fuss was over. Hell I had tears in my eyes watching that scene take place before the race. Bubba is a good dude.

Dawgology
06-23-2020, 11:20 AM

This is absolutely...100%...not a fact at all.

Homicide clearance rate in the USA is approximately 64%. 36% of people who commit murder get by with it. 16,214 homicides that year so 5,837 individuals weren't arrested or prosecuted. They were not held accountable....last year. In one year.

Last year there were 4 officer involved shootings where an unarmed black male was killed that didn't involve a fight or violence. Of those 4 2 of the cases ended up in the law enforcement officer involved be arrested and prosecuted. That means two...TWO...cases didn't have the conclusion that you desire.

And those two....still under investigation with charges pending.

So stop lying.

Rex54
06-23-2020, 03:29 PM
Surely not. As pissed as I was yesterday because some low life scum did that, this better not be what all the fuss was over. Hell I had tears in my eyes watching that scene take place before the race. Bubba is a good dude.

Now Bubba is saying "he never actually saw the 'noose" but judging by the CUT GARAGE ROPE that's exactly what happened. Someone saw it, cut it down, probably took pictures of it and ran to Bubba/NASCAR. They ran with the story and now that the cow is out of the barn they aren't going to admit that it was a garage door rope and look like idiots.

Nobody outside is allowed around that area with Covid, there's incredible surveillance around. We would know if someone hung a noose. These things are so tiresome.

Johnson85
06-23-2020, 03:51 PM

I've got to stand up for Beardo here. He's been posting here a long time and I've never seen anything to indicate he's fat.**

DownwardDawg
06-23-2020, 04:17 PM
I've got to stand up for Beardo here. He's been posting here a long time and I've never seen anything to indicate he's fat.**

Haha! Nice job!

BeardoMSU
06-23-2020, 04:19 PM

Lol, nice.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/DZGqH0iDRqLK/source.gif

USS Relf
06-24-2020, 08:45 AM
Presented without comment

https://i.ibb.co/C8PC99m/2.jpg

SheltonChoked
06-24-2020, 09:40 AM
Buts that's it. All the alumni can do is run to the end of their chains and bark. They don't have the authority to change it.

And where did I say a black man in MS shouldn't be? All I said is his protest is misguided because it is not hurting the decision makers. It is only hurting other innocent people caught up in this.

Kylin is doing all he can do. He was under the age to vote during the previous vote.

And MSU Alumni cannot call their Legislators? Are we not citizens?

His protest is targeted at those who voted for it last time, and those "Innocent people" have done nothing to change it in the 20 years since the last vote. I agree we are not that innocent.

His protest got National attention. Same as Joe Frank Sanderson, who is the CEO of a Fortune 1000 company. That's a pretty good outcome for a College kid.

dantheman4248
06-27-2020, 05:31 PM
Whole lotta crow to be eaten in this thread. Good on those that already apologized, but 5 days after this threat by him we as a state have made a huge stride. Lmao to anyone doubting the power of sec football's platform in the south.

MetEdDawg
06-27-2020, 05:54 PM
Whole lotta crow to be eaten in this thread. Good on those that already apologized, but 5 days after this threat by him we as a state have made a huge stride. Lmao to anyone doubting the power of sec football's platform in the south.

And there is without a doubt no question this would not have progressed this fast unless Kylin stepped up. Those that said he was just doing it for attention need to look hard and fast and how they judge people.

I'll say it again. A black running back from Mississippi just got the flag of the state of Mississippi changed less than a week after he announced he would sit out if it wasn't changed.

I would say that's pretty damn impressive. And don't mistake this. The nation and college football were watching. The number of Bama friends of mine that supported him and what he was doing was impressive. This was not a Mississippi issue. This was a larger, national issue.

I hope those in our fan base who doubled down on the wrong side really take a hard look at themselves and their motives. Today was an emphatic statement that the status quo and what's always been may not be good enough anymore.