KOdawg1
06-12-2020, 01:32 PM
This was expected

ShotgunDawg
06-12-2020, 01:35 PM
This is good. We need the entire team to get it before the season

msstate7
06-12-2020, 01:39 PM
Florida and Alabama cases on the rise. Ours and Georgia cases are not going down. I'll be pretty shocked if fans are in stadium, and a little surprised if CFB goes as scheduled.

Lord McBuckethead
06-12-2020, 01:44 PM
If it were me, and its not, I wouldn't have fans in the stands. Put it this way, if I were planning to hang around my older parents or limited contact with older friends, there is no way I would go to the game in person. I wouldn't take my family to the game. Regardless of the percentage of younger children that actually show large negative impacts.

Jack Lambert
06-12-2020, 01:48 PM
Florida and Alabama cases on the rise. Ours and Georgia cases are not going down. I'll be pretty shocked if fans are in stadium, and a little surprised if CFB goes as scheduled.

could it be because more people are getting tested?

Commercecomet24
06-12-2020, 01:52 PM

Yes.

RiverCityDawg
06-12-2020, 01:53 PM

No kidding. Need to get Kylin, KJ, Errol, Pickering, Cross, Emerson, Tyler Williams and Marcus Murphy in a room with these guys pronto.(*** sorta)

Missing two games during the season for an asymptomatic case is going to suck, and it will happen for a lot of players.

Dawgology
06-12-2020, 02:00 PM
Something interesting happened to my best buds wife. She’s been testing positive every week for Covid-19....for 9 weeks now. Had the sniffles but never ran a fever. The CDC cleared her to return to work two weeks ago because “she was no danger to infect others” even though she was still testing positive.

Figure that one out.

TrapGame
06-12-2020, 02:07 PM

The team needs to have a COVID party. Just get it over with.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-12-2020, 02:10 PM
Just stay home.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-12-2020, 02:11 PM
The team needs to have a COVID party. Just get it over with.

Thank goodness they don?t have the Flu... it is way deadlier for someone their age...

msstate7
06-12-2020, 02:16 PM
Just stay home.

See you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm fully on board with opening whatever, whenever, but I just don't see the ncaa putting themselves out there for criticism if it gets bad

msbulldog
06-12-2020, 02:25 PM
Something interesting happened to my best buds wife. She’s been testing positive every week for Covid-19....for 9 weeks now. Had the sniffles but never ran a fever. The CDC cleared her to return to work two weeks ago because “she was no danger to infect others” even though she was still testing positive.

Figure that one out.

I have read that the presence of antibodies will result in a positive. Possibly shes had it before and developed the antibodies.

Matt3467
06-12-2020, 02:38 PM
I have read that the presence of antibodies will result in a positive. Possibly shes had it before and developed the antibodies.

My boss's son tested negative for antibodies last week. 28 days after two positive respiratory tests they're now telling them he was never infected.

ZedFedder
06-12-2020, 02:42 PM
I am by no means medically qualified in any area, but it seems to me that one of two things have happened. Either there are a whole lot of people who are asymptomatic carriers or there have been a lot of false tests. Thoughts?

RocketDawg
06-12-2020, 02:43 PM

Yes, to a degree. But since we partially reopened most everything here, cases have gone up, and a lot more in other parts of the state.

The less informed viewed the reopening as meaning the pandemic is over and they can go about life like the did 4 months ago.

TrapGame
06-12-2020, 03:14 PM
Memorial Day had a lot to do with it. I couldn't tell you how many people on FB were having BBQs or out swimming at their favorite pond or lake surrounded by a couple dozen people.

Two weeks later...Boom!

msstate7
06-12-2020, 03:22 PM
Memorial Day had a lot to do with it. I couldn't tell you how many people on FB were having BBQs or out swimming at their favorite pond or lake surrounded by a couple dozen people.

Two weeks later...Boom!

And people are still our. Add protests to that and more places opening... I think cases will continue to rise. If we want college football, we better hope cases start dropping by mid-July

bulldawg28
06-12-2020, 03:30 PM
See you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm fully on board with opening whatever, whenever, but I just don't see the ncaa putting themselves out there for criticism if it gets bad

You couldn't blame the NCAA if you put yourself at risk. The games must go on.

Todd4State
06-12-2020, 03:32 PM
And people are still our. Add protests to that and more places opening... I think cases will continue to rise. If we want college football, we better hope cases start dropping by mid-July

To me if the cases go up and people are asymptomatic that's more reason to open up because it means the virus has weakened.

Todd4State
06-12-2020, 03:33 PM
You couldn't blame the NCAA if you put yourself at risk. The games must go on.

Exactly. Put a disclaimer on the tickets saying the buyer assumes all risk and the NCAA is covered.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-12-2020, 04:15 PM
To me if the cases go up and people are asymptomatic that's more reason to open up because it means the virus has weakened.

^^^^The virus appears to be either getting weaker or we are testing more people....

Gutter Cobreh
06-12-2020, 04:22 PM
I am by no means medically qualified in any area, but it seems to me that one of two things have happened. Either there are a whole lot of people who are asymptomatic carriers or there have been a lot of false tests. Thoughts?

I'm of the belief that it is false tests.

Abbott Labs (the one the President touts) test has shown to have a false negative rate of 48% - which is HORRENDOUS!!!!
(https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/fda-early-data-show-potential-false-negatives-for-abbott-labs-covid-19-tests/285-afc9cc38-71f5-4aab-8903-994e99d0ef97)

We were so unprepared for this event that we rushed testing and it hasn't been good. In light of that, you can also count me out for any vaccine that hits the market any time soon. I'll let the herd go through and see what the side effects are before I sign up.

Gutter Cobreh
06-12-2020, 04:30 PM
^^^^The virus appears to be either getting weaker or we are testing more people....

Good article on this topic. It covers both the optimistic and pessimistic view regarding mutations of the virus. At the end, it also speaks to the resurgence of SARS in Toronto and how they saw a second wave.

https://elemental.medium.com/could-the-coronavirus-be-weakening-as-it-spreads-928f2ad33f89

dawgday166
06-12-2020, 04:48 PM

Yes.

Well ... I'd like to believe this but I kinda think it ain't all cause of that.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-12-2020, 04:50 PM
Good article on this topic. It covers both the optimistic and pessimistic view regarding mutations of the virus. At the end, it also speaks to the resurgence of SARS in Toronto and how they saw a second wave.

https://elemental.medium.com/could-the-coronavirus-be-weakening-as-it-spreads-928f2ad33f89
Oh Sh*t, where do I get that SARS vaccine? What, we don?t have one? How long has SARS been around?
News Flash,.,, there is not going to be a Vaccine for Covid for years/decades...

Commercecomet24
06-12-2020, 05:07 PM
Well ... I'd like to believe this but I kinda think it ain't all cause of that.

It's not all because of more tests but a large chunk is. I know here in Jones county our numbers are up but they've also tested 4 times as many people in the last 2 weeks than they did the previous month.

Cowbell
06-12-2020, 05:11 PM
My pregnant wife was in the hospital alone for 4 days with this and we absolutely went nowhere. I run a business that doesn't cause a need for contact with others and her job is the same. And she still got it. And she was already a germaphobe.

We just need to go back to living life and let people make their own decisions - no reason not to play football and put people in the stands at their own risk.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-12-2020, 05:24 PM
My pregnant wife was in the hospital alone for 4 days with this and we absolutely went nowhere. I run a business that doesn't cause a need for contact with others and her job is the same. And she still got it. And she was already a germaphobe.

We just need to go back to living life and let people make their own decisions - no reason not to play football and put people in the stands at their own risk.

Amen! Life is uncertain..... get busy living or get busy dying.

Todd4State
06-12-2020, 05:49 PM

I agree. Making up doomsday scenarios which have no merit are pointless and just scare people unnecessarily. Deal with whatever happens in the moment and don't worry about what "might" happen.

Commercecomet24
06-12-2020, 06:04 PM

Love that movie! I agree!

Dawgfan77
06-12-2020, 06:27 PM
Why can people understand more test more positive cases. A lot are asymptotic and some are positive for antibodies

Commercecomet24
06-12-2020, 06:33 PM
Why can people understand more test more positive cases. A lot are asymptotic and some are positive for antibodies

Yep.

msstate7
06-12-2020, 06:45 PM

I'm not sure where you'd find the data at, but we need positive % charted by date. I can get the total at https://covidtracking.com/data . Right now we have 19,091 positives with 214.493 total tests, which is 8.9% positive rate. It would be nice if someone had that number charted for the last month.

Dawgfan77
06-12-2020, 07:31 PM
I'm not sure where you'd find the data at, but we need positive % charted by date. I can get the total at https://covidtracking.com/data . Right now we have 19,091 positives with 214.493 total tests, which is 8.9% positive rate. It would be nice if someone had that number charted for the last month.

8.9 of the 20K positive but we got 3MM in state and 6k have recovered. And only 250K have been tested. overreaction much???

msstate7
06-12-2020, 07:47 PM
8.9 of the 20K positive but we got 3MM in state and 6k have recovered. And only 250K have been tested. overreaction much???

Jeez... I'm all for opening the stadiums up, but I'm also wise enough to see it's very unlikely if things don't improve. Hell, how many concerts and conventions are on as scheduled the rest of 2020? Whatever though

Dawgfan77
06-12-2020, 08:06 PM
Jeez... I'm all for opening the stadiums up, but I'm also wise enough to see it's very unlikely if things don't improve. Hell, how many concerts and conventions are on as scheduled the rest of 2020? Whatever though

It's not infected Numbers its deaths <70 and ICU. We aren't bad icu hospitalizations esp <70.

R2Dawg
06-12-2020, 08:48 PM
Love that movie! I agree!

Yep on of my favorite movies. Hard to believe it didn't win an Academy award?

Gutter Cobreh
06-12-2020, 08:56 PM
Oh Sh*t, where do I get that SARS vaccine? What, we don?t have one? How long has SARS been around?
News Flash,.,, there is not going to be a Vaccine for Covid for years/decades...

With the way numbers, stats, and trials around this have been and continue to be manipulated - we'll have a vaccine. It won't actually do shit for the virus, but there will be one on the market and you can take that to the bank. This is so politicized + being an election year - guaranteed vaccine!

Gutter Cobreh
06-12-2020, 09:12 PM

Since you like numbers, check out what's happening in Florida:

"Health experts have previously told the Miami Herald that they were concerned the number of pending results listed by the state is an undercount. This is because Florida?s Health Department only announces the number of pending test results from state labs, not private ones ? and private labs are completing more than 90% of state tests."

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article243482076.html

I agree with other sentiments expressed regarding going about our daily lives. The thing that frustrates me more than anything though is that key data is being manipulated to fit an agenda, which in turn skews public sentiment.

DownwardDawg
06-13-2020, 02:13 AM

I love this!! Especially since my battle with prostate cancer. I try to live life to its fullest!!!

DownwardDawg
06-13-2020, 02:15 AM
Something interesting happened to my best buds wife. She?s been testing positive every week for Covid-19....for 9 weeks now. Had the sniffles but never ran a fever. The CDC cleared her to return to work two weeks ago because ?she was no danger to infect others? even though she was still testing positive.

Figure that one out.

Crazy!!!

msbulldog
06-13-2020, 05:15 AM
Exactly. Put a disclaimer on the tickets saying the buyer assumes all risk and the NCAA is covered.

That's not correct Todd, you cannot contract away liability.

1bigdawg
06-13-2020, 09:42 AM
I follow the number of ICU patients. Availability of testing and other factors can skew most of the data, but ICU numbers tell us whether things are getting worse, better or staying the same.

Mississippi ICU patient numbers went down pretty significantly in late April and early May and then flattened out. The last few days have seen a significant uptick from the mid-130s a week ago to 172 day before yesterday - the last day for which numbers are available.

msstate7
06-13-2020, 10:07 AM
Florida sets their record number of cases for 3rd straight day: 1698, 1902, and today, 2581

Hambone
06-13-2020, 10:07 AM
Sure you can, next time you go any outside event or sporting event read the fine print on your tickets.

Been doing that for years

Todd4State
06-13-2020, 05:10 PM
Sure you can, next time you go any outside event or sporting event read the fine print on your tickets.

Been doing that for years

Or join any gym. You hurt yourself trying to set an Instagram record- your fault.

Turfdawg67
06-13-2020, 05:38 PM
Just stay home.

I'm glad Lee didn't flank. The world would have even more dumbasses in it.

MetEdDawg
06-13-2020, 05:54 PM
Florida sets their record number of cases for 3rd straight day: 1698, 1902, and today, 2581

We have too here in Alabama. 848, 859, and 888.

Unpopular opinion here, but people aren't just randomly going to get tested now 3 months in to us really testing for COVID. They are going because they've found out they were around someone with it or they have symptoms of it. So tests going up now is not a good thing. Yes there are some folks now getting mandatory tests. But saying "oh tests are going up so obviously positives are going up" is not good, even though some say that proves this isn't as bad.

Us having a rush of new positive tests like this is not a good sign folks. Our % positive is the highest it's been since late April. I'm not sure we ever shut down things again like we did in Alabama, but you better believe that folks are looking at this right now wondering how bad thing could get. 2600 positive tests in 3 days is by far the highest 3 day total in Alabama by double any other 3 day total up to this point.

As an administrator at a public school and a parent who's a week away from having a newborn, this could cause some significant issues for us.

DownwardDawg
06-13-2020, 06:06 PM

Unpopular opinion here, but people aren't just randomly going to get tested now 3 months in to us really testing for COVID. They are going because they've found out they were around someone with it or they have symptoms of it. So tests going up now is not a good thing. Yes there are some folks now getting mandatory tests. But saying "oh tests are going up so obviously positives are going up" is not good, even though some say that proves this isn't as bad.

Us having a rush of new positive tests like this is not a good sign folks. Our % positive is the highest it's been since late April. I'm not sure we ever shut down things again like we did in Alabama, but you better believe that folks are looking at this right now wondering how bad thing could get. 2600 positive tests in 3 days is by far the highest 3 day total in Alabama by double any other 3 day total up to this point.

As an administrator at a public school and a parent who's a week away from having a newborn, this could cause some significant issues for us.

Employers are getting there hands on test kits finally and that is causing numbers to go up as well. I know the company I work for has started testing every single person that steps foot on one of our facilities and you are tested every time before you travel to the facility. This is certainly adding to the test numbers.

Homedawg
06-13-2020, 06:45 PM

More people are going to continue to get it.... I'll say it again, it's not just going away.....don't know what else to say....

msstate7
06-13-2020, 07:49 PM
More people are going to continue to get it.... I'll say it again, it's not just going away.....don't know what else to say....

Do you think increased cases will affect us playing football or fans at games?

Lord McBuckethead
06-13-2020, 11:38 PM
Do you think increased cases will affect us playing football or fans at games?

Yes. It very well could.

Commercecomet24
06-14-2020, 12:16 AM

This.

Todd4State
06-14-2020, 12:33 AM

I guess you didn't get the memo that we're not flattening the curve to keep the hospitals from getting overwhelmed and now we're back to stay inside until it goes away completely.**

Todd4State
06-14-2020, 12:34 AM
Yes. It very well could.

It may. But it really shouldn't.

Commercecomet24
06-14-2020, 01:11 AM
I guess you didn't get the memo that we're not flattening the curve to keep the hospitals from getting overwhelmed and now we're back to stay inside until it goes away completely.**

Yep, hunker down!****

Todd4State
06-14-2020, 01:20 AM
Yep, hunker down!****

Got my gloves and my N95 on but not over my nose.**

Commercecomet24
06-14-2020, 01:31 AM
Got my gloves and my N95 on but not over my nose.**

LOL!!! I saw a lady come out of restaurant tonight get in her car by herself and put a mask on but not over her nose!!!

TheLostDawg
06-14-2020, 08:38 AM
LOL!!! I saw a lady come out of restaurant tonight get in her car by herself and put a mask on but not over her nose!!!

Can't be too careful

MetEdDawg
06-14-2020, 12:16 PM
So here's an Alabama update. Just had a 1,014 case day out of 4,200 tests for yesterday. So just under 25% tested positive. Single worst day of percentages, total number, and every other conceivable measure over the last 2 months.

msstate7
06-14-2020, 12:47 PM
So here's an Alabama update. Just had a 1,014 case day out of 4,200 tests for yesterday. So just under 25% tested positive. Single worst day of percentages, total number, and every other conceivable measure over the last 2 months.

What's hospitalization stats looking like?

MetEdDawg
06-14-2020, 12:56 PM
What's hospitalization stats looking like?

New Hospitalizations have gone down as a percentage of total and as a numerical total. The percentage decreasing isn't surprising because increases in positive tests will outpace hospitalizations.

I'll be interested to see what the data looks like in about 4-7 days from these positive cases. If positive cases continue to remain high comparatively, but hospitalizations don't increase, means that COVID has a much more asymptomatic or lower % severe/manageable at home component to it than we already know it to have.

Todd4State
06-14-2020, 05:10 PM
New Hospitalizations have gone down as a percentage of total and as a numerical total. The percentage decreasing isn't surprising because increases in positive tests will outpace hospitalizations.

I'll be interested to see what the data looks like in about 4-7 days from these positive cases. If positive cases continue to remain high comparatively, but hospitalizations don't increase, means that COVID has a much more asymptomatic or lower % severe/manageable at home component to it than we already know it to have.

Unless there is a rash of hospitalizations the next 4-7 days it's going to be proven to be weaker like you said. Which is what appears to be happening. And why I think it's silly to assume that we are going to have 50% capacity this fall. We really should be at 100% in the fall if you ask me and if not the leaders are stupid.