PDA

View Full Version : What Do Ole Miss Fans Make of Kiffin's Recruiting Thus Far?

ShotgunDawg
06-10-2020, 09:34 AM
All I've heard on the Bo Bounds show is that Ole Miss was planning on having a top 15 recruiting class this year.

They are currently ranked 80th with 3 commits, they offer a new QB about every day, & many of the top players in the country are already committed.

Are they just going to start cheating against & attempt to flip guys or what?

Not really sure what they are doing or selling.

HRTFXR
06-10-2020, 09:48 AM
My money is on the “cheating” part...

Dawgology
06-10-2020, 09:51 AM
I don't know how they can start cheating again if they never stopped...

But, yeah...they will get busted again in no time.

Martianlander
06-10-2020, 10:02 AM
I've said before that their mascot should be a cheetah!

KOdawg1
06-10-2020, 10:02 AM
They came in thinking that Kiffin's name alone would land them some studs, so they cast a wide net and have missed on nearly everyone because Kiffin isn't as good a recruiter as they think he is. He's dry and has no personality. Plus he has a member on his staff that killed a kid

Tripp McNeely
06-10-2020, 10:04 AM
They are crazy negative on the Spirit Recruiting board. It?s become a pretty entertaining daily read! They are turning on Yancey in droves!

ShotgunDawg
06-10-2020, 10:29 AM
My money is on the “cheating” part...

They certainly tampered, but they aren't cheating right now like they did in the Freeze era. Not yet at least

Covercorner2
06-10-2020, 10:36 AM
All I've heard on the Bo Bounds show is that Ole Miss was planning on having a top 15 recruiting class this year.

They are currently ranked 80th with 3 commits, they offer a new QB about every day, & many of the top players in the country are already committed.

Are they just going to start cheating against & attempt to flip guys or what?

Not really sure what they are doing or selling.

When has Kiffin been a great recruiter without the help of Ed Orgeron?

KOdawg1
06-10-2020, 10:50 AM
They are crazy negative on the Spirit Recruiting board. It?s become a pretty entertaining daily read! They are turning on Yancey in droves!

They miss David Johnson bad

TrapGame
06-10-2020, 11:17 AM
If they want a top 15 class they will have to cheat their asses off.

ShotgunDawg
06-10-2020, 12:16 PM
Here is what is interesting to me:

1. Kiffin said he took the Ole Miss job because they had won before & were in the SEC
2. Ed Orgeron told Kiffin to not take the job because he wasn't the right "fit"

I don't think Kiffin knew why Ole Miss had won in the past. It's like he was so intent on getting back into the SEC that he didn't do his homework on why they actually won in the past & WTF Orgeron was talking about

https://i.imgur.com/1wzKU0Q.jpg

Jacksondevildog
06-10-2020, 12:21 PM
I've seen rumors where Kiffin has contacted the school administration and the IHL about removing the confederate monuments from campus because it's hurting recruiting. The statues will reman on campus, but will be placed in an area on campus out of sight.

TNDawg35
06-10-2020, 12:30 PM
Kiffen recruited well cause of Coach O and Saban. Plain and simple. He gets the benefit cause he was under Saban. Hell I could have led a Bama offense with the receivers and RBs they have had to a title.

Hambone
06-10-2020, 12:43 PM
Who gives a shit what Ole Miss fans think of their recruiting?

Ask it on their board

KOdawg1
06-10-2020, 12:50 PM
Here is what is interesting to me:

1. Kiffin said he took the Ole Miss job because they had won before & were in the SEC
2. Ed Orgeron told Kiffin to not take the job because he wasn't the right "fit"

I don't think Kiffin knew why Ole Miss had won in the past. It's like he was so intent on getting back into the SEC that he didn't do his homework on why they actually won in the past & WTF Orgeron was talking about

https://i.imgur.com/1wzKU0Q.jpg

The "fit" O is talking about is a scumbag like Hugh Freeze who reels the fanbase in with his good ole southern faith while knowingly allowing the boosters to do whatever the hell they want. In order to be successful, they need a coach to gtfo of the way. They need someone like Freeze whose dream job is Ole Miss.

Kiffin doesn't give a 17 about OM. He isn't willing to fall on the sword like Freeze did. That's why you saw them tell Lovett and JJ to scram. Their fans thought they were getting Hugh Freeze 2.0, but the reality is, Kiffin and Freeze aren't anywhere close to another.

Jarius
06-10-2020, 01:11 PM
I have no idea why people thought Kiffin was a good recruiter. Ole Miss hired a coach that has been fired from 2 elite jobs because he simply isn’t a good head coach. The guy had some decent success in the G5 but even there he had a losing season in year 2 in a league a good coach with Florida athletes should dominate.

confucius say
06-10-2020, 01:29 PM
Part of the problem is OM fans just knew twitter lane kiffin. You would expect that guy to be a great recruiter. Truth is lane is shy, an introvert, and awkward in person. He will recruit fine, but he is not going to be knocking down top 15 classes left and right.

FISHDAWG
06-10-2020, 01:37 PM
Who gives a shit what Ole Miss fans think of their recruiting?

Ask it on their board

because it's entertaining perhaps ? .... nothing wrong at all with this discussion - it beats the hell out of talking about Covid-19

TrapGame
06-10-2020, 02:41 PM
I have no idea why people thought Kiffin was a good recruiter. Ole Miss hired a coach that has been fired from 2 elite jobs because he simply isn’t a good head coach. The guy had some decent success in the G5 but even there he had a losing season in year 2 in a league a good coach with Florida athletes should dominate.

If he makes it a full 5 years at OM I'll be impressed. I think he's gone after three. If he's not all in like Freeze he'll definitely be gone in a few.

ShotgunDawg
06-10-2020, 02:57 PM
because it's entertaining perhaps ? .... nothing wrong at all with this discussion - it beats the hell out of talking about Covid-19

some people just complain about every thing we discuss. It's odd. I can't figure out why they log on message boards to complain about discussion

Todd4State
06-10-2020, 03:42 PM
If he makes it a full 5 years at OM I'll be impressed. I think he's gone after three. If he's not all in like Freeze he'll definitely be gone in a few.

The thing that made Ole Miss's "Network" unique was how involved the coach (O/Freeze/Nutt/Luke) was/were. They'll turn on Kiffin very quickly if he's not fully on board.

TrapGame
06-10-2020, 03:50 PM
The thing that made Ole Miss's "Network" unique was how involved the coach (O/Freeze/Nutt/Luke) was/were. They'll turn on Kiffin very quickly if he's not fully on board.

Exactly. He has to be the face. Let everything behind him go on as if it's as natural as rain and sunshine. If he doubts it, questions it or refuses to partake in it they will get rid of him. I think he bit off more than he can chew. They want him to stake his coaching career on out of control boosters and red duffel bags full of cash.

Tripp McNeely
06-10-2020, 04:24 PM
NAFOOM is even worse than the 247 site. There is a thread on there about them actually attending football games this season, and it?s really kinda depressing. Judging by what they?re saying, football attendance will be waaayyy down, and it?ll have nothing to do with COVID limitations...I?m starting to believe that the average om football fan is just broken down and completely apathetic!

KOdawg1
06-10-2020, 04:27 PM
NAFOOM is even worse than the 247 site. There is a thread on there about them actually attending football games this season, and it?s really kinda depressing. Judging by what they?re saying, football attendance will be waaayyy down, and it?ll have nothing to do with COVID limitations...I?m starting to believe that the average om football fan is just broken down and completely apathetic!

Nafoom is still a thing? Man I thought that place died years ago

TrapGame
06-10-2020, 04:27 PM

If we have a really good season with Leach including another EB win some of their heads will explode.

Lord McBuckethead
06-10-2020, 10:02 PM
They came in thinking that Kiffin's name alone would land them some studs, so they cast a wide net and have missed on nearly everyone because Kiffin isn't as good a recruiter as they think he is. He's dry and has no personality. Plus he has a member on his staff that killed a kid

They came in thinking Lane's twitter feed is the guy they were hiring. Too bad.

msbulldog
06-11-2020, 06:40 AM
Nafoom is still a thing? Man I thought that place died years ago

Yea, it's still over there it's good for an occasional laugh, and boy the really hate us. It warms my heart.

NWADAWG
06-11-2020, 01:40 PM

According to Fox News, ole miss is planning on having full attendance. Maybe this is because they know that even if they let everybody in that wants to come, they will still be able to social distance.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ole-miss-full-capacity-crowds-football-games

Tripp McNeely
06-11-2020, 02:03 PM
According to Fox News, ole miss is planning on having full attendance. Maybe this is because they know that even if they let everybody in that wants to come, they will still be able to social distance.

Well played!

Jarius
06-11-2020, 02:56 PM

Ole Miss has been unsuccessfully trying to have full attendance for about half a decade.

thf24
06-11-2020, 03:08 PM
The idea that Kiffin is some kind of elite recruiter might be the most baseless reach OM fans have deluded themselves into believing in recent history, which is obviously saying something. The only two P5 programs he led before OM traditionally recruit themselves at a high level, and he got incrementally worse through four cycles at the one of those two he was at long enough to have an impact. There's no evidence to support the idea that he can elevate a program's recruiting standard.

Rick Danko
06-11-2020, 03:27 PM
The idea that Kiffin is some kind of elite recruiter might be the most baseless reach OM fans have deluded themselves into believing in recent history, which is obviously saying something. The only two P5 programs he led before OM traditionally recruit themselves at a high level, and he got incrementally worse through four cycles at the one of those two he was at long enough to have an impact. There's no evidence to support the idea that he can elevate a program's recruiting standard.

Yeah, but ?The Grove!!!?....

Todd4State
06-11-2020, 09:13 PM
Exactly. He has to be the face. Let everything behind him go on as if it's as natural as rain and sunshine. If he doubts it, questions it or refuses to partake in it they will get rid of him. I think he bit off more than he can chew. They want him to stake his coaching career on out of control boosters and red duffel bags full of cash.

I think he's collecting a check at this point. Worst case scenario is he can always go back to FAU.

Kiffin actually did recruit well- with Coach O on his staff. Problem is Coach O is at LSU. And he ain't going to Ole Miss anytime soon. Going to get VERY interesting the next few years with Arch Manning's recruitment on the horizon. It's already interesting to me that the Manning's appear to be keeping it close to the vest. Probably a combination of being in Louisiana in LSU territory and how Peyton's recruitment went with Ole Miss fans absolutely melting down when he choose Tennessee. Ole Miss hung Archie in effigy in Oxford then. I can only imagine what it would be like today. If he's still around Kiffin will be caught in the middle of it. LSU doesn't have a David Cutcliffe type on staff now that Brady in in the NFL either that Ole Miss can hire away to give them the "in" that they need.

Jack Lambert
06-12-2020, 07:34 AM
Ole Miss has been unsuccessfully trying to have full attendance for about half a decade.

That was the main rationale behind them selling beer. Don't get me wrong I think it was the right move and State should do the same.