PDA

View Full Version : Where are the protest about the names "Ole Miss" and 'Rebels" ?

fishwater99
06-08-2020, 11:48 AM
It's time to end the state school with slavery ties in their name.

Where is the outrage and protests, let's don't let a good crisis go to waste.

Tripp McNeely
06-08-2020, 12:04 PM

I concur. If you ever wanna get those fools to show their collective a$$es and look like complete morons, this should be pushed!

R2Dawg
06-08-2020, 12:58 PM
I concur. If you ever wanna get those fools to show their collective a$$es and look like complete morons, this should be pushed!

Ah, as Lee Corso says, not so fast. Let them keep it; it will be our recruiting advantage on them. That is how you take advantage of the situation on them, not help them get rid of it. Use it to play the wild card when things get tight on a recruit.

MaroonFlounder
06-08-2020, 01:55 PM
Ah, as Lee Corso says, not so fast. Let them keep it; it will be our recruiting advantage on them. That is how you take advantage of the situation on them, not help them get rid of it. Use it to play the wild card when things get tight on a recruit.

For the right dollar amount, a 17/18 yr old will ignore any such factors.

fishwater99
06-08-2020, 02:21 PM
For the right dollar amount, a 17/18 yr old will ignore any such factors.

Exactly. Money cures all racism if it's enough cash.

R2Dawg
06-08-2020, 03:24 PM

True, never said it was greater than money but it is one more thing that helps MSU. Take every advantage you can get. Plus the more they have to spend, more likely they get caught or run low of cash or the less they can buy. It ain't rocket science.

dantheman4248
06-08-2020, 03:30 PM
And here I thought this was gonna be a protest all of ED could get behind. I'd march all through the Grove for this one.

(Though R2 makes fair and valid points)

Jack Lambert
06-08-2020, 04:02 PM
And here I thought this was gonna be a protest all of ED could get behind. I'd march all through the Grove for this one.

(Though R2 makes fair and valid points)

I have been to the Grove several times and I am amazed those drunk bastards can find their way to the stadium from there.

DownwardDawg
06-08-2020, 04:55 PM
If we start rioting and looting and killing police officers, then they might change the name and mascot. Until then, it ain’t happening.

Lord McBuckethead
06-08-2020, 05:49 PM

I think they should work on excessive force and basic racial equality first. Focus on getting that closer to a more perfect union and then worry about those douchbags.

starkvegasdawg
06-08-2020, 08:17 PM

The only color that matters is green.

DownwardDawg
06-08-2020, 08:36 PM
The only color that matters is green.

You nailed it. David Dorn. What color was he? Does his life matter? BLN is a ****in joke. An absolute joke along with antifa.

dantheman4248
06-08-2020, 09:02 PM
You nailed it. David Dorn. What color was he? Does his life matter? BLN is a ****in joke. An absolute joke along with antifa.

How dare you disrespect the brave antifa soldiers who fought for this country and began the largest antifa operation 76 years ago in history by storming Normandy.

On a related note if you think antifa is a real homeade isis, Donald has some oceanfront property in Kansas he'd like to sell you.

DownwardDawg
06-08-2020, 09:41 PM
How dare you disrespect the brave antifa soldiers who fought for this country and began the largest antifa operation 76 years ago in history by storming Normandy.

On a related note if you think antifa is a real homeade isis, Donald has some oceanfront property in Kansas he'd like to sell you.

You can’t even acknowledge David Dorn. You are a garbage human being.

dantheman4248
06-08-2020, 10:30 PM

As you can't say Breonna Taylor or Sean Monterrosa.

"Maybe if David Dorn hasn't been out past curfew then he would still be alive."

If that sentence offends you but replacing his name with Sean Monterrosa doesn't then you're the one with the double standard.

The Federalist Engineer
06-08-2020, 11:30 PM

Dwight Eisenhower supreme Allied commander and architect of D Day was a Republican

My Grand Father in law fought In D Day, is a Republican. Super nice guy, speaks more Italian than English still.

They would not associate with communists in tight pants and superhero shirts.

Lord McBuckethead
06-08-2020, 11:52 PM
Dwight Eisenhower supreme Allied commander and architect of D Day was a Republican

My Grand Father in law fought In D Day, is a Republican. Super nice guy, speaks more Italian than English still.

They would not associate with communists in tight pants and superhero shirts.

No idea what any of that even means.

Extendedcab
06-09-2020, 12:01 PM

Once again he confuses confronting an evil empire (Hitler and their allies in WWII) to thugs in the streets of America rioting and looting American businesses (including mom and pop stores)!

DownwardDawg
06-09-2020, 12:05 PM
Once again he confuses confronting an evil empire (Hitler and their allies in WWII) to thugs in the streets of America rioting and looting American businesses (including mom and pop stores)!

Yeah, I finally put him on ignore.

BB30
06-09-2020, 12:07 PM
As you can't say Breonna Taylor or Sean Monterrosa.

"Maybe if David Dorn hasn't been out past curfew then he would still be alive."

If that sentence offends you but replacing his name with Sean Monterrosa doesn't then you're the one with the double standard.

I think you're kind of missing his point. I have no issue stating that Sean Monterrosa should still be alive.

I also don't hold a double standard to deaths. Whereas the left absolutely refuses to speak on other crime involving people of color and just use the excuse of racism to right off any other crime committed by African Americans.

No longer do the actions of the individual matter. If a black person commits a violent crime it is simply due to his or her circumstance and systemic racism is the cure all answer from the left. That is intellectually dishonest.

I can't speak for most conservatives but I can speak on my thoughts. I am fine with the protests and I do believe we can do better as a country when it comes to police brutality. I also believe that individuals that commit violent crimes regardless of color or creed are also guilty and blaming systemic racism is just flat out wrong. People want to focus on the system instead of the individual.

We have 800+ thousand people in Law enforcement. There were 1,000 people killed by police in 2019, 88 of which were African American. That tells me that an overwhelmingly large majority of Police are doing there job somewhat correctly. This doesn't mean that we shouldn't look for change in certain procedures and come up with some way to vet these guys/give them more training. We should absolutely be actively seeking those things that could improve the system. But it will never be perfect because people run the system and people are messy/selfish/insecure/macho etc. So you will still have isolated events like we saw a couple of weeks ago.

The issue isn't the system. Yes, should the system be tweaked absolutely, but the argument to completely change how we do things just doesn't hold any water.

Now I think we could both agree on the fact that there needs to be prison reform, especially for non violent crimes and petty drug charges. Those people should never have to spend a day in jail and its a huge hamstring on taxpayer dollars to simply line some individuals pockets. That is something I am very much in support of.

I just wish people could admit that there is nuance to these topics and it isn't all cut and dry one way or the other, which neither side seems to be open to.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-09-2020, 12:09 PM

It's coming for sure. They already looking into changing Military bases and posts that have confederate names tied to them.

The Federalist Engineer
06-09-2020, 01:35 PM
It's coming for sure. They already looking into changing Military bases and posts that have confederate names tied to them.

How about:

Lafayette County College
North Central State University
Richard Scruggs College.....Scruggs College....Dickie University
Central North State University
Northern Miss University....to balance out USM
Grove Paralegal and Premedical College

DownwardDawg
06-09-2020, 01:38 PM
How about:

Lafayette County College
North Central State University
Richard Scruggs College.....Scruggs College....Dickie University
Central North State University
Northern Miss University....to balance out USM
Grove Paralegal and Premedical College

I like Dickie University for them. Shorten it to Dick U and it fits them perfectly.

Dawgology
06-09-2020, 08:41 PM
I like University of Northern Mississippi to balance out University of Southern Mississippi. That works for them. They could be the Powder Blue Eagles.

dantheman4248
06-09-2020, 11:53 PM
They'll become the University of Mississippi Sharks and dissassociate from Ole Miss like they did Rebel Rags.

Dawgology
06-10-2020, 09:55 AM
The University of Mississippi Big Fat Nasty-Smelling Fat Bitch Ass Trifflin Dirty Racist Ass Oompa Loompa Body Ass Bitches....I think is the perfect mascot for them.

dantheman4248
06-10-2020, 10:43 AM
The University of Mississippi Big Fat Nasty-Smelling Fat Bitch Ass Trifflin Dirty Racist Ass Oompa Loompa Body Ass Bitches....I think is the perfect mascot for them.

You said Ass 3 times and Racist only 1 time. Their Ass to Racist ratio ain't that high.

Commercecomet24
06-10-2020, 11:32 AM
You said Ass 3 times and Racist only 1 time. Their Ass to Racist ratio ain't that high.

Now thats funny!

Saltydog
06-10-2020, 11:42 AM
IT'S coming. Already one school in MS (Caledonia) discussing removing the "confederate" nickname. Just a matter o' time.

Extendedcab
06-10-2020, 04:44 PM

I just found this ...

President Donald Trump on Wednesday said his administration will “not even consider” changing the name of any of the 10 Army bases that are named for Confederate Army officers. Two days earlier, Defense Secretary Mark Esper indicated that he was open to a broad discussion of such changes.

“These Monumental and very Powerful Bases have become part of a Great American Heritage, a history of Winning, Victory, and Freedom,” Trump wrote. “The United States of America trained and deployed our HEROES on these Hallowed Grounds, and won two World Wars. Therefore, my Administration will not even consider the renaming of these Magnificent and Fabled Military Installations.”

Bdawg
06-10-2020, 05:35 PM
I like Dickie University for them. Shorten it to Dick U and it fits them perfectly.

You must spread some rep. Sorry

dantheman4248
06-10-2020, 07:30 PM
I just found this ...

President Donald Trump on Wednesday said his administration will “not even consider” changing the name of any of the 10 Army bases that are named for Confederate Army officers. Two days earlier, Defense Secretary Mark Esper indicated that he was open to a broad discussion of such changes.

“These Monumental and very Powerful Bases have become part of a Great American Heritage, a history of Winning, Victory, and Freedom,” Trump wrote. “The United States of America trained and deployed our HEROES on these Hallowed Grounds, and won two World Wars. Therefore, my Administration will not even consider the renaming of these Magnificent and Fabled Military Installations.”

To be clear, by "they" he meant people of sound mind and not tinfoil Alex Jones types.

viverlibre
06-12-2020, 07:30 PM

^^^^^this

DownwardDawg
06-13-2020, 07:53 PM
I just found this ...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Extendedcab again.

RocketDawg
06-13-2020, 08:32 PM
I just found this ...

How many people knew those bases (Like Fort Gordon, Fort Bliss, etc.) were named after Confederate soldiers? I certainly didn't - had no idea where the names came from and never thought of it. Seems like you'd have to be somewhat of a major Civil War buff to know such trivia.

Jack Lambert
06-13-2020, 09:32 PM

there is already an Dixie State in Utah.

Jack Lambert
06-13-2020, 09:43 PM

I am for changing our flag as long as it is not the Stennis flag. I want it changed for economic reasons. I don't have a problem with moving Confederate Statues to different places as long as they are still displayed somewhere. I am not for changing military bases names. Majority of people don't even know they were named after Confederate General and they are known for the heroic action taken by the soldiers who served there before going off to war. Also they are overplaying their hand. The riots, looting, the taken over of city blocks are becoming associated with the black lives matter movement and what sympathy the movement has gotten is going to be gone very fast if those Democratic Mayors and Governors don't get it under control and fast.

BuckyIsAB****
06-14-2020, 09:52 AM
Their name is not gonna help us in recruiting. Most kids don?t give a shit they are named rebels bc most kids arent looking for something to be offended about.

fishwater99
06-15-2020, 11:29 AM
John T Edges says it must go.

https://twitter.com/johntedge/status/1272249381513805825

"A thread worthy of your attention if you care about the University of Mississippi, now referred to by the nickname
@OleMissRebels. Read this and reckon with the intent behind the Confederate obelisk. Just as that obelisk must be removed, that nickname must be retired."

dantheman4248
06-17-2020, 02:02 AM
UNLV in talks to change their mascot name from Rebels.

Ole Miss getting boxed into a corner here. Mississippi BearSharks soon to come.

BrunswickDawg
06-17-2020, 09:27 AM
UNLV in talks to change their mascot name from Rebels.

Ole Miss getting boxed into a corner here. Mississippi BearSharks soon to come.

Ole Miss had their chance to fix this - they could have become the Mississippi Rebels with Admiral Ackbar as the mascot.

https://media.wired.com/photos/5933e71486599a3834f7cda1/master/pass/ackbar.png

BeardoMSU
06-17-2020, 09:49 AM
The best part of them losing "Ole Miss" that no one has mentioned yet, is they would also have to stop that ****ing stupid Hotty Totty chant....unless they changed it up to reflect their new name, which I doubt would happen.

Dawgology
06-17-2020, 10:30 AM
The best part of them losing "Ole Miss" that no one has mentioned yet, is they would also have to stop that ****ing stupid Hotty Totty chant....unless they changed it up to reflect their new name, which I doubt would happen.

Nah. That school is racist and always wil be. It's in their bones. You can change the name but you will never change the spirit of racism that pervades that institution.

MagicDawg
06-17-2020, 01:55 PM
... they would also have to stop that ****ing stupid Hotty Totty chant....unless they changed it up to reflect their new name, which I doubt would happen.

Hippy Tippy, Mississippi
Who the hell are we?
Land-shar? Black B'ar?
Lost the big war?

GTHOM

BeardoMSU
06-17-2020, 01:57 PM
Hippy Tippy, Mississippi
Who the hell are we?
Land-shar? Black B'ar?
Lost the big war?

GTHOM

That's awesome, lol.

BrunswickDawg
06-17-2020, 02:48 PM
Hippy Tippy, Mississippi
Who the hell are we?
Land-shar? Black B'ar?
Lost the big war?

GTHOM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MagicDawg again.