PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Dominos... State, UCONN, FAU, and UCF...

Political Hack
11-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Someone posted that Collin's name has surfaced in the FAU opening, which got me to looking at it... I read that Danny Barrett's name is in serious contention for the FAU job at football scoop and then talked to someone who's connected down at UCF and they said the same thing. Apparently the guy is a big up and comer. He's on the offensive staff at UCF and has worked miracles with the Storm kid and UCF's rushing game. He and Collins could go head to head for that spot. So even if Collins seeks it he could get beat out by Barrett. Assumming UCONN wouldn't have any interest in Barrett... as former Cincy All-America and UCF, I'm sure he's well known in the AAC.

Side note: I'd love to see what he could do with Dak, JRob, and Shump...

I enjoy the coaching dominos every year, but with the FAU job already opening up it could cause things to start a little earlier this season. Be interesting to see how things unfold, especialy since one of our assistants is already being thrown in the mix.

Todd4State
11-04-2013, 06:47 PM
And as we all expected- the FAU job is going to start causing the dominos to fall. And this in a year where the USC and likely the Texas jobs will be open.

Political Hack
11-04-2013, 07:01 PM
I think USC will be the best open job, but Spurrier could retire too.

Illinois, Cal, Texas, and others could be attractive spots that have the possibility of opening too.

Bass Chaser
11-04-2013, 07:13 PM
I think North Carolina could be open too.

Dawg61
11-04-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm just guessing but I think Tim DeRuyter the HC at Fresno will land the USC job. He's 18-4 so far at Fresno and looks like he'll make it to a BCS bowl this year.

Political Hack
11-04-2013, 07:14 PM
I think North Carolina could be open too.

that's an amazing job in my mind. I can't understand why they can't have success there.

codeDawg
11-04-2013, 07:18 PM
that's an amazing job in my mind. I can't understand why they can't have success there.

Competition for resources / fan support. Basketball is the first love in NC.

That being said, it could be overcome if the desire was there, but it's more of an AD problem than a HC.

Bass Chaser
11-04-2013, 07:19 PM

I agree. They may give Fedora another year, but he's 3-5 right now.

Dawgfan77
11-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Hack you hearing anything on the UCONN deal? What about the coast boys having the money in place?

Political Hack
11-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Hack you hearing anything on the UCONN deal? What about the coast boys having the money in place?

Haven't heard anything about UConn as it relates to Dan. Just heard that Barrett's name could be floated for some jobs, including FAU's and probably UConn's. Could impact Collins...

If we lose to Ole Miss, I feel confident in saying the buyout will not be an issue. Let's hope we don't have to find out.

Dawgfan77
11-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Haven't heard anything about UConn as it relates to Dan. Just heard that Barrett's name could be floated for some jobs, including FAU's and probably UConn's. Could impact Collins...

If we lose to Ole Miss, I feel confident in saying the buyout will not be an issue. Let's hope we don't have to find out.

Hack , just a question, why are you so adament that we keep Mullen. Not trying to flame I just want to know why you feel so strongly we should keep Mullen

Political Hack
11-05-2013, 07:58 AM
1) He's earned it... one bad year doesn't erase three good ones for me.
2) This program's largest problems are not the coaching staff IMO.
3) I don't think we'll end up hiring a better coach... I'm pretty sure we'd botch the search.

Dawgface
11-05-2013, 08:18 AM
3) I don't think we'll end up hiring a better coach... I'm pretty sure we'd botch the search.

I understand your position and if he keeps his job it will be because of #1 on your list. But the problem with this is his decline goes back from the middle of last year. It's not just this year.

My guess is if he beats Arky and OM he will keep his job. Lose out, he should be gone.

Jack Lambert
11-05-2013, 09:12 AM
I understand your position and if he keeps his job it will be because of #1 on your list. But the problem with this is his decline goes back from the middle of last year. It's not just this year.

My guess is if he beats Arky and OM he will keep his job. Lose out, he should be gone.

If he doesn't win another game he is not gone. It just doesn't help in hiring coaches for schools like Miss State and Ole Miss. We are going to have bad season. That's who we are. We just don't have the population or the money to competative every single year. Even JWS had three losing seasons before he won the West and only went to three bowl games. If we fire Mullen after one bad season and not give him at lest one to turn it around any coach worth his salt will not volt from where they are to come even if they are a assistant coaches. They will do their time until and job comes open that they are not on the chopping block after one season.

It just doesn't look good.

ckDOG
11-05-2013, 09:25 AM

+1

I'd also rather give a guy that I'm confident is good for a bowl eligible to 8win season a chance to improve on his faults rather than roll the dice on a questionable hire. I just wish Dan wasn't so damn hard headed.

Dawgfan77
11-05-2013, 09:29 AM
So you think Scott and the money folks would not hire HUD

Political Hack
11-05-2013, 09:38 AM
So you think Scott and the money folks would not hire HUD

I don't think Hud will come here under the current situation.

Behrdawg
11-05-2013, 09:42 AM

I dont think any successful coach will come as long as Bracky Brett is in the Bryan building.

Dawgfan77
11-05-2013, 09:54 AM
That's my fear. Its time for cleansing of the Bryan building. We need HUD and David Saunders head of football compliance. Move bracky to non revenue sports compliance