PDA

View Full Version : Mike Norvell caught lying about his reaction and sensitivity to current issues.

dantheman4248
06-04-2020, 12:11 AM
Called out on twitter by his one of the leaders of the team with threats of refusal to workout.

https://twitter.com/marvinwilson21/status/1268395525495193601?s=21

How long until Fabian Lovett transfers? Doesn't look good for him to transfer into this situation after his reasoning for leaving our situation

BeardoMSU
06-04-2020, 12:17 AM
I guess this means Lovett and Jones will still end up at OM, after all.**

ZedFedder
06-04-2020, 12:21 AM
Wow, we think that we have had a dramatic offseason but this is bad. Sheesh.

ETA: I'm glad that Leach got some Twitter training before all of this.

TUSK
06-04-2020, 12:24 AM
I guess this means Lovett and Jones will still end up at OM, after all.**

Not so fast there, Turbo... I've it on good authority that MDL needs a couple of walk-ons as tackling dummies and 2nd team ST players....***

dantheman4248
06-04-2020, 12:25 AM
Fabian has retweeted the tweet btw (said nothing else.)

Jarrian has not had any twitter activity since 6 hours ago (shocking he's been off this long) when he retweeted a video of Blitz the League injuries happening to a certain QB if he plays this year.

I'm really curious how this unfolds because it appears to me that Norvell has already lost his locker room with his blatant lying. Maybe there is something to him not being interviewed for SEC jobs.

BeardoMSU
06-04-2020, 12:26 AM
Wow, we think that we have had a dramatic offseason but this is bad. Sheesh.

ETA: I'm glad that Leach got some Twitter training before all of this.

Big time. He definitely dodged the "timing" bullet.

BeardoMSU
06-04-2020, 12:27 AM
Not so fast there, Turbo... I've it on good authority that MDL needs a couple of walk-ons as tackling dummies and 2nd team ST players....***

When I read Revelations, I hear Saban's voice***

TUSK
06-04-2020, 12:34 AM

I couldn't find a pic of em on a pale horse... this will hafta do, buddy....

https://s.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/2917c7a73e0b655ca43db046be320157/202894434/Screen+Shot+2015-10-30+at+1.31.45+PM.png

Todd4State
06-04-2020, 01:04 AM
Fabian has retweeted the tweet btw (said nothing else.)

Jarrian has not had any twitter activity since 6 hours ago (shocking he's been off this long) when he retweeted a video of Blitz the League injuries happening to a certain QB if he plays this year.

I'm really curious how this unfolds because it appears to me that Norvell has already lost his locker room with his blatant lying. Maybe there is something to him not being interviewed for SEC jobs.

There is definitely some baggage that turned off SEC teams. He sounds like Hugh Freeze without as much religious grandioso. Ironic he's in the same state as Dan Mullen.

ShotgunDawg
06-04-2020, 09:22 AM
Looks like they traded a non-racist situation for an actual situation.

I bet I win my bet now.

Rick Danko
06-04-2020, 09:27 AM
Who....

dantheman4248
06-04-2020, 09:28 AM
This is exactly why people complain about you cluttering the board. There's literally already a thread for this.

ShotgunDawg
06-04-2020, 09:29 AM
This is exactly why people complain about you cluttering the board. There's literally already a thread for this.

I honestly couldn't care less what people complain about.

That beings said, I didn't see the other thread

ShotgunDawg
06-04-2020, 09:30 AM
I'm gonna win my be-et, I'm gonna win my be-et, ....

FISHDAWG
06-04-2020, 09:34 AM
I don't see racism here ... sounds to me like they are just pissed that the coach told a lie about talking one on one to them ... but I don't know the whole story. If I had to bet then I would say this goes away and they play just like every other team.
It's interesting to know these transfers are probably thinking oh crap - the grass isn't greener

FISHDAWG
06-04-2020, 09:38 AM

I'm not convinced one guy speaks for the whole team even though he's acting like it

ShotgunDawg
06-04-2020, 09:38 AM
I don't see racism here ... sounds to me like they are just pissed that the coach told a lie about talking one on one to them ... but I don't know the whole story. If I had to bet then I would say this goes away and they play just like every other team.
It's interesting to know these transfers are probably thinking oh crap - the grass isn't greener

I agree that this is the mostly likely scenario

ZedFedder
06-04-2020, 10:05 AM
It will get resolved, but this is definitely not what you want right now for FSU.

vv83
06-04-2020, 10:19 AM
Do we know what we've done internally? This would be a great chance for Leach to show some real leadership and address an actual issue, instead of a made up twitter issue

bobcat91
06-04-2020, 10:29 AM
Lol. Some of us said no one would give him a major job because there are things in his past that made him pretty much untouchable. FSU decided they didnt care. Really sharp coach, despicable human being. Enjoy him to the fullest, Noles.

PMDawg
06-04-2020, 10:36 AM

It's Revelation (no "s"). Common mistake.

BrunswickDawg
06-04-2020, 11:02 AM

But, that's a pretty big lie to throw out there. Especially when all he had to say was "I texted the team, and we offered our support as a staff. We started workouts Monday, and we are going to organize some one-on-ones as the NCAA allows."
Saying he had extensive conversations with every player just broke the trust of the locker room. It was dumb, and I bet FSU has a big problem on its hands. We could be looking at a Mike Price situation in Tally.

coachnorm
06-04-2020, 11:05 AM
I want to share something with fellow elitedoggers about social media and the power it is generating recently. The impact is starting in urban high school football. Young players have their secure methods to communicate thru social media and anything a high school football football coach does or says spreads quickly. Young talent and families are deciding their futures thru address changing from one apartment to another. Also, wealthy schools are being exposed thru social media and evidence relatable to recruiting is on players iPhones. If a recruit wants the information, he needs, he just outreaches to players on the recruiting team and receives what he wants. There are less options in rural areas of America, but football is changing in urban America. Player at any level will closely observe their coaches character and politics and will respond accordingly. Whats been seen can not be unseen and social media will make sure of that.

StateDawg44
06-04-2020, 11:08 AM

I agree that this is the mostly likely scenario

And this is why you will still lose the bet.

If anything all of this going on solidifies Lovett's case even more. If you actually still think the NCAA won't grant him immediate eligibility if he points to the Leach tweet you're crazy.

But remember we didn't necessarily say we needed proof that he used the tweet as his leverage. Just that he needs to be granted immediate eligibility.

StateDawg44
06-04-2020, 11:16 AM

So you think the NCAA will not grant Lovett immediate eligibility if he uses the Leach tweet at leverage because the coach of the school he signed with lied in a tweet? Even though what he did wasn't racist. Just dumb.

The NCAA wouldn't have touched this with a 10 foot pole before all of these protests. No way they will even blink an eye to stamp it now if Lovett wants to make a stink. Could you imagine the repercussions if Lovett used that tweet and the NCAA said no and he went public with that!?

LULZ! You might as well go ahead and start your month ban now.

coachnorm
06-04-2020, 11:24 AM
I'm not convinced one guy speaks for the whole team even though he's acting like it

This is a great statement for future recruiting in Oxford?

BeardoMSU
06-04-2020, 11:30 AM
It's Revelation (no "s"). Common mistake.

Ah, that's right. I'm usually better than that, lol.

Irondawg
06-04-2020, 11:44 AM
So you think the NCAA will not grant Lovett immediate eligibility if he uses the Leach tweet at leverage because the coach of the school he signed with lied in a tweet? Even though what he did wasn't racist. Just dumb.

The NCAA wouldn't have touched this with a 10 foot pole before all of these protests. No way they will even blink an eye to stamp it now if Lovett wants to make a stink. Could you imagine the repercussions if Lovett used that tweet and the NCAA said no and he went public with that!?

LULZ! You might as well go ahead and start your month ban now.

Devil's advocate - what is someone from FSU tries to use the tweet to transfer without sitting and cites racism vs. just lying? They'll just grant it to everyone in attempts to wash their hands of it, but I do wonder how many waiver requests they'll get within the next month with racism mentioned somewhere in the application.

Cowbell
06-04-2020, 12:37 PM
Does Florida state have any good receivers or cornerbacks? Asking for a friend...

ScoobaDawg
06-04-2020, 06:35 PM
They have kissed and made up... nothing to see anymore
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29267544/fsu-marvin-wilson-thanks-coach-mike-norvell-earlier-dispute

BeardoMSU
06-04-2020, 06:51 PM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29267544/fsu-marvin-wilson-thanks-coach-mike-norvell-earlier-dispute

No surprise there. This is the same program that covered for Famous Jameis, after all.

StateDawg44
06-05-2020, 07:36 AM
Devil's advocate - what is someone from FSU tries to use the tweet to transfer without sitting and cites racism vs. just lying? They'll just grant it to everyone in attempts to wash their hands of it, but I do wonder how many waiver requests they'll get within the next month with racism mentioned somewhere in the application.

Nothing racist was done. And no, I'm not saying Leach's tweet was either.

Just that an image with a noose in it would be a lot easier to sell as "racism" related than a tweet claiming he spoke with all players but didn't do 100% of what he claimed.

IMO, the NCAA would normally laugh them out of the room if they said because the coach lied about speaking to me. I could be way off on that though.

Race-related stuff is always a tight rope. Even more so right now.

I just think it would be a tougher sale. But they would probably get the stamp after the way 2020 has gone so far.

Commercecomet24
06-05-2020, 09:01 AM

Well that didn't take long, geez. You just gotta laugh at some of this stuff.