PDA

View Full Version : While we are bitching, how about Scott signing us up for 4 home Saturday games.

Delmar
11-04-2013, 04:01 PM
We agree to a neutral site opener and a Thursday night game against UK and the bears.

TheRef
11-04-2013, 04:02 PM
We agree to a neutral site opener and a Thursday night game against UK and the bears.

And next year we have all Saturday games at home....he learned, he's moved on.

maroonmania
11-04-2013, 04:09 PM
And next year we have all Saturday games at home....he learned, he's moved on.

Well Stricklin may have moved on but unfortunately we fans still have to live with this jacked up schedule until after Thanksgiving day.

scottycameron
11-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Thursday home games are an advantage. Good job lining both up at home. Got away with one there.

4Dawgs4Life
11-04-2013, 04:20 PM
How about not bitching and show up so we aren't embarrassed by your lack of attendance at the next Thursday night game?

I mean come on guys why are we bitching about this kind of stuff? Maybe I made a mistake in signing up to see where the fan base was as a whole. Surely this isn't representative of the majority?

TopDog58
11-04-2013, 04:57 PM
How about not bitching and show up so we aren't embarrassed by your lack of attendance at the next Thursday night game?

I mean come on guys why are we bitching about this kind of stuff? Maybe I made a mistake in signing up to see where the fan base was as a whole. Surely this isn't representative of the majority?

Luckily we escaped the home schedule without a game in the JP slot. Otherwise the bitching would be much much worse.

Delmar
11-04-2013, 05:00 PM

How about because while I live 4 hours away I purchase season tickets, but unfortunatly I work for a living to pay for those season tickets and bulldog club donations and can't always get off both Thursday and Friday.

scottycameron
11-04-2013, 05:06 PM
How about because while I live 4 hours away I purchase season tickets, but unfortunatly I work for a living to pay for those season tickets and bulldog club donations and can't always get off both Thursday and Friday.

Did you let them know this before they finalized the schedule?

maroonmania
11-04-2013, 05:21 PM

Exactly, to anyone who lives less than 100 miles from campus OR who doesn't travel with family to the games, doesn't have a job they have to get time off from or do not have kids in school I have only one thing to say. I WILL CONTINUE TO BITCH ABOUT THURSDAY NIGHT HOME GAMES! The Thanksgiving game I can live with because at least its on a holiday (though I would prefer to be at home with family on that day) but the workweek Thursday games are BAD and then to have one when the students aren't even around is even worse. And I was at the KY game but I didn't like it one bit. Other SEC schools have stopped doing this to their traveling fanbase for the most part. OM refuses to play TH home games during a regular work week and kudos to them for it.

slickdawg
11-04-2013, 05:22 PM
State, UK, Vandy and Ole Miss are ESPN's sacrificial lambs for Thursday nights, State & Ole Miss with two Thursday games this year.

Do you see Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia or Florida playing on Thursday nights?

With the SEC Network coming in next year, and ESPN shelling out major money for it, they will largely influence SEC scheduling.

scottycameron
11-04-2013, 05:29 PM
State, UK, Vandy and Ole Miss are ESPN's sacrificial lambs for Thursday nights, State & Ole Miss with two Thursday games this year.

With the SEC Network coming in next year, and ESPN shelling out major money for it, they will largely influence SEC scheduling.

S. Carolina is a thursday nite staple. At least I have that in my mind. They seem to play every year on thursday, don't they?

Homedawg
11-04-2013, 05:47 PM

They are a big factor now. We are the leagues welfare case. When we get asked to play on Thursday within reason we say yes sir. For the amounts of money we get from them we should say yes sir. It's almost as comparable as Connecticut and Mississippi and what they put in vs what they get out from the federal government. We would be like usm without the league. Sorry it's true.

bully99
11-04-2013, 05:57 PM
There's a big difference between playing on the road and hosting a Thursday game. About the only teams that will host are vandy, cocks and state. The others won't give up a Saturday home game. I don't think Ole Miss has ever hosted a Thursday game outside of Thanksgiving. Can somebody find out how many home games state has hosted over the years on Thursday compared to other sec schools. (Excluding Thanksgiving) .

drunkernhelldawg
11-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Thursday home games are an advantage. Good job lining both up at home. Got away with one there.

That's the dumbest thing I've read today. Can anybody beat it?

Todd4State
11-04-2013, 06:39 PM
We play a disproportionate amount of Thursday games compared to the rest of the SEC. I believe it's because we ask to- and I say that because in the past Jackie was always like "we play good on Thursdays". Thanksgiving I don't like, but a lot (75%) of our fans wanted to do it per a poll on sixpack. I think some of those people voted for the Thanksgiving game to be an asshole towards me because I was so vocal against it and HD6 was so vocal for it. Ole Miss doesn't want to play on Thanksgiving, and this is another PR stunt that will likely go down in flames. Playing Oklahoma State? Don't get me started on that. Half full at best stadium- got our butts kicked and lost some key players for the season. Pretty much our worst case scenario.

scottycameron
11-04-2013, 07:22 PM
That's the dumbest thing I've read today. Can anybody beat it?

You must not gamble. Thursday nite home teams have a big advantage.