PDA

View Full Version : Tyrell Shavers

ZedFedder
06-02-2020, 07:28 PM
Alabama WR is transferring. I hope we give him a look. He is 6'6" and can run. I think we were recruiting him out of HS until Bama offered and he jumped on it.

ShotgunDawg
06-02-2020, 07:29 PM
Alabama WR is transferring. I hope we give him a look. He is 6'6" and can run. I think we were recruiting him out of HS until Bama offered and he jumped on it.

Also from Texas(Leach) and we've got Lashley on the roster.

Lock his ass up

KOdawg1
06-02-2020, 07:37 PM
It's a no-brainer with the open scholarship. CB is a position of need, but if we were somehow land this guy, you'd have a starting WR corps of Mitchell (6'5), Shavers (6'6), Heath (6'3), and Payton (6'2, slot). Add in Costello, Hill, and an experienced OL, and you've got a dangerous offense.

ZedFedder
06-02-2020, 07:51 PM
He is also a grad transfer so he would play immediately.

ShotgunDawg
06-02-2020, 08:06 PM
Jarrian Jones for Shavers....

Good trade for the Dawgs

BigDawg81
06-02-2020, 08:19 PM
I say go for it. I don't know his situation but if it isn't any red flags, sign him. I'm sure that he was a 4* or 5* recruit. So, the talent is there.

Todd4State
06-02-2020, 08:26 PM
Jarrian Jones for Shavers....

Good trade for the Dawgs

No doubt.

And actually as far as Jones transferring if it means more time for Decamerion Richardson and Janari Dean that could be a win too.

Cooterpoot
06-02-2020, 08:40 PM
😎

HoopsDawg
06-02-2020, 08:42 PM
��

nice

Tripp McNeely
06-02-2020, 09:02 PM
😎

Not cool to tease like that

msu15
06-02-2020, 10:41 PM
��

Ohhhhhh snap

Bdawg
06-02-2020, 10:54 PM
So are we in contact with him or what? Just want to know if we are interested.

HailStateSZN19
06-03-2020, 12:57 AM
��

We already feeling good about locking him up? I figure Texas and MD both will come calling along with some others. Being from Texas I’d assume they’d be a major player if they pursue him. And Locksley and little Tua being at MD might be a couple connections to get them in the game. I want this kid desperately. He’s a huge upside addition and being immediately eligible but also having 2 years left just makes it even better. Not many 6’6” WR’s running 4.4 forty’s out there. Saw Paul Jones tweet about him on Twitter so I’m assuming we’ve already reached out. Hopefully we can sell him on throwing it 50+ times per game with a future NFL QB and little to no resistance to significant PT & targets.

msbulldog
06-03-2020, 06:04 AM
I say go for it. I don't know his situation but if it isn't any red flags, sign him. I'm sure that he was a 4* or 5* recruit. So, the talent is there.

4* .9587 88th in nation 12th WR in nation on 247.

HailStateSZN19
06-03-2020, 09:03 AM
Sounds like Baylor could get in the game and that'd be tough to overcome him being from TX. Cooter, you dropped the sunglasses emoji so what's up? You dropped that emoji not too long after this news started going around that he had entered the portal. We already been in serious contact with him because that'd be a very quick decision and short time frame from when he hit the portal to choosing us.

ShotgunDawg
06-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Sounds like Baylor could get in the game and that'd be tough to overcome him being from TX. Cooter, you dropped the sunglasses emoji so what's up? You dropped that emoji not too long after this news started going around that he had entered the portal. We already been in serious contact with him because that'd be a very quick decision and short time frame from when he hit the portal to choosing us.

Baylor only gets him if he wants to be closer to home.

If he actually wants his best chance of being an NFL player, then Leach/Costello is where he should be.

HailStateSZN19
06-03-2020, 09:40 AM

If he actually wants his best chance of being an NFL player, then Leach/Costello is where he should be.

Agreed there Shotgun. If he's simply transferring wanting to get closer to home, then Baylor/TCU/Texas or somewhere out there will obviously get him.

If he's transferring just to go to a better situation and change of scenery, then 45 minutes West of Tuscaloosa is his best option. Where there's an NFL-bound QB who's about to sling it around 50+ times per game in the air raid and where there's probably the path of least resistance out of any of his options to serious PT and potential starting time. I mean you throw 6'6" 215 who runs a 4.4 into the lineup to go with Mitchell, Heath, and Payton...that's pretty damn solid. It's not where our WR corps will be in a few years once we get some of these recruits in here but that's pretty damn good.

Wonder how good of friends he is with Lashley? And obviously we were in his top 5 or 10 in HS and we've got TX connections all in our staff to go along with that.

TUSK
06-03-2020, 09:46 AM
TAMPERIN'!!!!!!!!! ****

Just kidding... He's legit and would be a great addition...

RiverCityDawg
06-03-2020, 09:50 AM
TAMPERIN'!!!!!!!!! ****

What's the thought as to why he's leaving?

HailStateSZN19
06-03-2020, 09:59 AM
TAMPERIN'!!!!!!!!! ****

Do us a favor TUSK and send him on over to Starkville. Don't let him head back out to TX. We need him more than anybody else, that's for damn sure.

BrunswickDawg
06-03-2020, 11:36 AM
Wait - I thought we hate the transfer portal? It's full of disloyal players and drama queens and does nothing but hurt teams.***

Cooterpoot
06-03-2020, 11:44 AM
We already feeling good about locking him up? I figure Texas and MD both will come calling along with some others. Being from Texas I’d assume they’d be a major player if they pursue him. And Locksley and little Tua being at MD might be a couple connections to get them in the game. I want this kid desperately. He’s a huge upside addition and being immediately eligible but also having 2 years left just makes it even better. Not many 6’6” WR’s running 4.4 forty’s out there. Saw Paul Jones tweet about him on Twitter so I’m assuming we’ve already reached out. Hopefully we can sell him on throwing it 50+ times per game with a future NFL QB and little to no resistance to significant PT & targets.

Not locked up but there's interest.

HailStateSZN19
06-03-2020, 11:52 AM
Not locked up but there's interest.

Niccceeee. Hopefully he didn't enter the portal just to get back out to TX. We need to get this kid. He doesn't have a ton of stats I know but I mean he's 6'6" 215 and runs a 4.4 forty. He's been behind the greatest slew of WR's at one time at Bama ever. Was expected to take a pretty big jump with increased opportunity at Bama sounds like. He's the best you could ask for at this point in the portal. Hopefully: Costello+Air Raid+Least Resistance to Tons of PT > Getting back out home in TX. The fact he has 2 years while being immediately eligible just makes it even better.

BB30
06-03-2020, 12:13 PM
Wait - I thought we hate the transfer portal? It's full of disloyal players and drama queens and does nothing but hurt teams.***

You're not doing it right. Everyone knows the only players that are disloyal, drama queens are the players that we lose to the portal. Anyone that could potentially be coming here has a legit reason for leaving the school that they are at.

PMDawg
06-03-2020, 12:16 PM

So you're saying YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND if he chose Baylor??? How DARE you!!!!!!!

StateDawg44
06-03-2020, 12:19 PM
So you're saying YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND if he chose Baylor??? How DARE you!!!!!!!

It would be time to report Baylor. There would definitely have to be something fishy going on.***

Cowbell
06-03-2020, 01:17 PM

Rep given lol

1bigdawg
06-03-2020, 02:23 PM
Not that it is relevant, but I keep seeing people saying that is 45 minutes to T-town from Vegas. I had to look it up to be sure, but it is 81 miles. I dated someone over there for a little while (in the '70s) so I drove it a good bit and even coming back at 6 am it took an hour and 15 minutes. Roads can't be that much better, can they?

HailStateSZN19
06-03-2020, 03:12 PM
Should we find something out on this front soon with players reporting for voluntary workouts all week or will this dude take his time and enroll in July?

PKADogs55
06-03-2020, 03:47 PM
Maybe Lashley can sway him!

vv83
06-03-2020, 04:08 PM
Not that it is relevant, but I keep seeing people saying that is 45 minutes to T-town from Vegas. I had to look it up to be sure, but it is 81 miles. I dated someone over there for a little while (in the '70s) so I drove it a good bit and even coming back at 6 am it took an hour and 15 minutes. Roads can't be that much better, can they?

Yeah no clue where people get this. It?s most definitely 75 min drive minimum. Gordo and Reform can turn it into 90

Todd4State
06-03-2020, 04:44 PM
TAMPERIN'!!!!!!!!! ****

All part of the process.**

msu15
06-03-2020, 04:53 PM
TAMPERIN'!!!!!!!!! ****

When he catches 8 balls for 150 yards and 3 scores in a win for the Dawgs over the Tide in Starkville in 2021 it will be worth it.

msbulldog
06-03-2020, 05:46 PM

Last time I was through there, probably 7 or 8 years ago, the roads were worse if you can believe that. My wife (the Auburn Grad) whose pretty attuned to what is going on in Alabama says the state is not allocating road funds to make it worse on Mississippi folks. I can believe that, just feel sorry for those Reform and Gordo folks.

StateDawg44
06-03-2020, 08:57 PM
Last time I was through there, probably 7 or 8 years ago, the roads were worse if you can believe that. My wife (the Auburn Grad) whose pretty attuned to what is going on in Alabama says the state is not allocating road funds to make it worse on Mississippi folks. I can believe that, just feel sorry for those Reform and Gordo folks.

Du wut?

What would they be trying to accomplish by "making it worse on MS folks"?

NWADAWG
06-03-2020, 09:15 PM
Yeah no clue where people get this. It?s most definitely 75 min drive minimum. Gordo and Reform can turn it into 90

Had to go get a friend out of jail in reform one time. Cost him a lot more than an extra 15 mins

Turfdawg67
06-03-2020, 09:46 PM

Haven't put a clock on it, but it's definitely a shorter drive since the nineties. The MS side is 4-laned all the way so it's much better. Gordo & Reform still suck but AL is bypassing at least one of them now.

TUSK
06-04-2020, 12:15 AM
Haven't put a clock on it, but it's definitely a shorter drive since the nineties. The MS side is 4-laned all the way so it's much better. Gordo & Reform still suck but AL is bypassing at least one of them now.

This is correct... It's 4 way almost all the way....

The roads (save construction) are infinitely better than way back when....

BiscuitEater
06-04-2020, 07:08 AM
It's a no-brainer with the open scholarship. CB is a position of need ...

Long, long time between now and end of Aug.

Players will leave, quit or be medically unqualified. There WILL be more than one slot open up ... guaranteed.

maroonmania
06-04-2020, 07:22 AM
TAMPERIN'!!!!!!!!! ****

Your players don't know how to do it. Our guys, at least the ones we were counting on actually playing this season, already work out there destination plans before they ever bother to announce their intention to transfer and get in the portal. Reese had his deal ready to go before he entered and so did Jones. Lovett is the only one that didn't seem to have an ironclad destination before jumping ship. Somehow our players don't seem to want to follow the process.

Dawgbite
06-04-2020, 08:19 AM
This is correct... It's 4 way almost all the way....

The roads (save construction) are infinitely better than way back when....

The State of Alabama was four landing Hwy 82 when I was at State in the mid 80’s and they still haven’t finished. It’s better than it was but I still can’t believe they haven’t finished. US 45 is four lanes all the way from Chicago to the Ms/ Al state line but I don’t think Alabama will ever four lane their 50 miles

StarkVegasSteve
06-04-2020, 11:16 AM
The State of Alabama was four landing Hwy 82 when I was at State in the mid 80’s and they still haven’t finished. It’s better than it was but I still can’t believe they haven’t finished. US 45 is four lanes all the way from Chicago to the Ms/ Al state line but I don’t think Alabama will ever four lane their 50 miles

And it is BY FAR the worst 50 mile stretch on 45.

Jarius
06-04-2020, 02:01 PM
You're not doing it right. Everyone knows the only players that are disloyal, drama queens are the players that we lose to the portal. Anyone that could potentially be coming here has a legit reason for leaving the school that they are at.

When we start poaching starters off of other SEC teams let me know. There's a pretty big difference in landing a couple of guys who can't get into grad school or can't get pt and a player that has a starting SEC job locked up and decides to just up and leave to go to your arch rival.

HailStateSZN19
06-04-2020, 02:42 PM
This thread went from talking about an exciting potential transfer we could *hopefully* get at a position in huge need of talent to talking about the drive from Starkville to Tuscaloosa and the highway.....damn lol.

It's early in his recruitment since entering the portal but Cooter or anyone got any new info to add about this kid? It'd be great to reel him in pretty quickly and not have this drag out too long.

Lord McBuckethead
06-04-2020, 03:32 PM

If its 81 miles and someone says they made it in 45 minutes, they were not following the posted speed limit.

I made it in an hour and 10 minutes to target from Columbus.

BrunswickDawg
06-05-2020, 07:44 AM
If its 81 miles and someone says they made it in 45 minutes, they were not following the posted speed limit.

I made it in an hour and 10 minutes to target from Columbus.

I made it from Sessums Hall to the Burger King on Macfarland in T-Town in 1 hour flat in a '79 Chevy Caprice with a police package engine. And, yeah, that wasn't anywhere near the legal posted speed. I also made it from Marietta, Ga to Sessums Hall in 3 1/2 hours once. 284 miles. Some days, I miss driving like a damn maniac.

FISHDAWG
06-05-2020, 08:44 AM
I also made it from Marietta, Ga to Sessums Hall in 3 1/2 hours once. 284 miles. Some days, I miss driving like a damn maniac.

that was def maniacal

BrunswickDawg
06-05-2020, 09:30 AM
that was def maniacal

It was early on a Sunday, and I fell into a line of 4-5 sports cars outside Tallapoosa, GA on I-20. Before I knew it the needle on that old Caprice was pegged, and I just held on for dear life all the way to Tuscaloosa. We didn't see a single cop.
I backed off some on 82 - but by that point I was going for a record. I got damn lucky.

FISHDAWG
06-05-2020, 09:41 AM
It was early on a Sunday, and I fell into a line of 4-5 sports cars outside Tallapoosa, GA on I-20. Before I knew it the needle on that old Caprice was pegged, and I just held on for dear life all the way to Tuscaloosa. We didn't see a single cop.
I backed off some on 82 - but by that point I was going for a record. I got damn lucky.

lol ... That happened to me on Christmas Eve on year ... Atlanta (Griffin, Ga) to Jackson, Ms in under 5 hrs ... fell in with a group that didn't slow down at all ... doing 105-110 THROUGH Birmingham on I-20 .... like you I never saw a cop - they were just letting traffic go

Tripp McNeely
06-05-2020, 10:37 AM
lol ... That happened to me on Christmas Eve on year ... Atlanta (Griffin, Ga) to Jackson, Ms in under 5 hrs ... fell in with a group that didn't slow down at all ... doing 105-110 THROUGH Birmingham on I-20 .... like you I never saw a cop - they were just letting traffic go

Can we have a whole different thread on the friggin drive from Starkville to Tuscaloosa?? I keep jumping on this thread when there are new posts hoping to see news on Shavers, and instead all I get is old ?war stories? about interstates and backroads!!!

HailStateSZN19
06-05-2020, 10:44 AM
NM

HailStateSZN19
06-05-2020, 04:05 PM
Cooter, you heard if Shavers has returned any interest in us or been in contact with any coaches/players?

Turfdawg67
06-05-2020, 05:02 PM
Can we have a whole different thread on the friggin drive from Starkville to Tuscaloosa?? I keep jumping on this thread when there are new posts hoping to see news on Shavers, and instead all I get is old ?war stories? about interstates and backroads!!!

LOL! Good call...

HailStateSZN19
06-07-2020, 08:42 PM
My buddy just told me he read on the 247 board that Texas is showing interest in Shavers along with Baylor, TCU, & UCF. He read on Texas’ 247 board that their mod said he likes us right now to land him. I hope he’s not mainly focused on getting back to TX with UT/TCU/Baylor after him and hopefully he’s just looking for the best opportunity which, IMO & without having Maroon tented glasses on, is us without question. Hope we can close this out & soon.

Todd4State
06-07-2020, 09:09 PM
My buddy just told me he read on the 247 board that Texas is showing interest in Shavers along with Baylor, TCU, & UCF. He read on Texas’ 247 board that their mod said he likes us right now to land him. I hope he’s not mainly focused on getting back to TX with UT/TCU/Baylor after him and hopefully he’s just looking for the best opportunity which, IMO & without having Maroon tented glasses on, is us without question. Hope we can close this out & soon.

He would probably go straight to WR1 for us. Playing with Costello has to be attractive too.

TUSK
06-07-2020, 09:10 PM

y'all need a cat like that... I hate bammer is losing him....

msu15
06-07-2020, 09:13 PM

Don't be scared homie

ShotgunDawg
06-07-2020, 09:16 PM
He would probably go straight to WR1 for us. Playing with Costello has to be attractive too.
So glad we hired a coach with a niche to sell transfers and recruits.

We're going to be loaded on offense soon.

HailStateSZN19
06-07-2020, 09:37 PM

We need about 2 or 3 cats like him lol.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-07-2020, 09:37 PM

That's a little presumptive. I want Shavers on the roster too but let's not act like we know what we're getting. He's been in college 3yrs played 2 & has 1 Catch. He has all the measurables but he's proven nothing so far so thinking he'd be our #1 WR Is ambitious to say the least.

HailStateSZN19
06-07-2020, 09:41 PM
That's a little presumptive. I want Shavers on the roster too but let's not act like we know what we're getting. He's been in college 3yrs played 2 & has 1 Catch. He has all the measurables but he's proven nothing so far so thinking he'd be our #1 WR Is ambitious to say the least.

I’m with you IYOK. I wouldn’t have unrealistic expectations if we sign him. I wouldn’t expect Day 1 when he got on campus for him to be guaranteed 70+ catches or something like that. But like you said, his measurables and potential are through the roof and I’d love to see if Spurrier can be the one to unlock that potential on the field because he’d have the easiest path to tons of snaps and targets here. Just a case where you don’t know exactly what you’re getting but you love the potential upside and would love to see what he can do here rather than somewhere else.

ShotgunDawg
06-07-2020, 09:46 PM

I agree, but at the same time I'm not sure if Michael Crabtree would've played much for Bama at WR over the past 2 years.

At very least, he'll provide a weapon that should help open up other players. At best, Leach's simplified offense & consistent chances will offer him a chance to develop into a top 2 round caliber player.

Here is the most recent video of him. A physical freak that we really haven't had at MSU since......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyfFAmgd_Y&t=76s

Ifyouonlyknew
06-07-2020, 09:54 PM
I agree, but at the same time I'm not sure if Michael Crabtree would've played much for Bama at WR over the past 2 years.

At very least, he'll provide a weapon that should help open up other players. At best, Leach's simplified offense & consistent chances will offer him a chance to develop into a top 2 round caliber player.

Here is the most recent video of him. A physical freak that we really haven't had at MSU since......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPyfFAmgd_Y&t=76s

Crabtree would've challenged Jeudy for the #1 WR at Bama the last 2yrs. He was clearly better than Smith, Ruggs, & Waddell. Again I'd be glad to have Shavers & think we have a very good shot at getting him but let's not make him something he's not. At least not yet. Let him at least get to 2 career catches.

Captain Falcon
06-07-2020, 10:22 PM
Shavers is not proven, but neither is pretty much any other receiver on our roster. Our WR?s have been the worst in the SEC the last three years and we return exactly two receivers who had double digit receptions last year.

We are about to throw it 50 times every game to a crop of receivers who have proven virtually nothing at the college level. Some guys will without doubt have way bigger years than they?ve ever had before, but Shavers has as good of a chance as anybody to be a big contributor here.

HailStateSZN19
06-07-2020, 10:25 PM
I just really like the fact that he’s immediately eligible so he’d be able to get going this year in the Air Raid system with KJ but would also have 2021 to continue building on what he could do this season. So if he starts to develop and unlocks some of that potential on the field this year then he could really explode in 2021. And in 2021, that’d give us Heath, Shavers, and Ducking on the outside with Tulu, Walley, Harvey, & then freshmen Knox and hopefully Nabers on the inside. That outside group would be pretty dang good and would have tons of length and speed. 2021 could be the most offensive weapons we’ve had in quite some time.

ShotgunDawg
06-07-2020, 10:25 PM
Shavers is not proven, but neither is pretty much any other receiver on our roster. Our WR?s have been the worst in the SEC the last three years and we return exactly two receivers who had double digit receptions last year.

We are about to throw it 50 times every game to a crop of receivers who have proven virtually nothing at the college level. Some guys will without doubt have way bigger years than they?ve ever had before, but Shavers has as good of a chance as anybody to be a big contributor here.

Agree.

Mitchell
Heath
Shavers
Peyton
Hill
Costello

That's a good many weapons. The most we've had since 2014

If we got Shaver, we'd really only be missing that quick, Wes Welker type slot guy that Leach always dominates with. Teddy Knox will be that guy soon

HailStateSZN19
06-07-2020, 10:42 PM
Agree.

Mitchell
Heath
Shavers
Peyton
Hill
Costello

If we got Shaver, we'd really only be missing that quick, Wes Welker type slot guy that Leach always dominates with. Teddy Knox will be that guy soon

2021 (*if we get Shavers):

Shrader/Rogers/Mayden (I personally think Rogers will be the QB)

Heath
Shavers
Ducking
Marks
Tulu
Walley
Rufus Harvey
Knox
*hopefully* Nabers also
Also see if one of Torbor or Pruitt can do anything as RS Soph.’s

ShotgunDawg
06-07-2020, 10:44 PM

Heath
Shavers
Ducking
Marks
Tulu
Walley
Rufus Harvey
Knox
*hopefully* Nabers also

Crazy good man. Not playoff good, but definitely getting there.

TUSK
06-07-2020, 11:00 PM
Yeah, IYOK is correct...

Shavers isn't Jones, Perkins, Cooper, Smith, Ruggs., Homan, Jones , Lee, Norwood, Palmer, Stewart, Ridley, Waddle, Juedy, Smith etc...

But that dude would be a huge difference maker at MSU...

Todd4State
06-07-2020, 11:35 PM
I’m with you IYOK. I wouldn’t have unrealistic expectations if we sign him. I wouldn’t expect Day 1 when he got on campus for him to be guaranteed 70+ catches or something like that. But like you said, his measurables and potential are through the roof and I’d love to see if Spurrier can be the one to unlock that potential on the field because he’d have the easiest path to tons of snaps and targets here. Just a case where you don’t know exactly what you’re getting but you love the potential upside and would love to see what he can do here rather than somewhere else.

If there's one thing MSU fans are good at it's reminding other MSU fans how to be realistic.

Todd4State
06-07-2020, 11:40 PM
Agree.

Mitchell
Heath
Shavers
Peyton
Hill
Costello

I'd be curious to see if we add him as an outside or inside receiver. I could see it being either one. You would think that in Mississippi we would be able to find a good Jameon Lewis slot guy the last five years. Maybe it will be Tulu.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-07-2020, 11:45 PM
If there's one thing MSU fans are good at it's reminding other MSU fans how to be realistic.

Someone needs to because the moment he doesn't have 8 rec 120 yards 2 tds against New Mexico he'll be a bust. The talent was there coming out of HS but I'm not ready to call a kid who's done absolutely nothing in college our #1 WR. I'm sorry if that's bringing the mood down on Shavers.

Todd4State
06-08-2020, 12:04 AM
Someone needs to because the moment he doesn't have 8 rec 120 yards 2 tds against New Mexico he'll be a bust. The talent was there coming out of HS but I'm not ready to call a kid who's done absolutely nothing in college our #1 WR. I'm sorry if that's bringing the mood down on Shavers.

I'm just kidding.

I do find it funny though that every single fan base in the SEC is like "This dude is going to be awesome for us" and if MSU signed Brady and Gronk this offseason we would have fans questioning their age, why they left the Patriots, and how rusty will Gronk be after being off a year. We just seem to have more "rational police" fans than others.

parabrave
06-08-2020, 12:21 AM
I made it from Sessums Hall to the Burger King on Macfarland in T-Town in 1 hour flat in a '79 Chevy Caprice with a police package engine. And, yeah, that wasn't anywhere near the legal posted speed. I also made it from Marietta, Ga to Sessums Hall in 3 1/2 hours once. 284 miles. Some days, I miss driving like a damn maniac.

How did you make it through Reform?

Todd4State
06-08-2020, 12:34 AM
I will add this for the rational people:

Let's not forget that we have Mike Leach as our coach now and he has about a 20 year track record of getting production out of wide receivers of all types- mostly three star caliber or less. Our other wide receiver coaches at MSU- not so much.

It's kind of like with Dan Mullen and QB's. For my entire fan lifetime up until Mullen we had never really had great QB play until he came along. I mean before Dak we had fans calling Jackie Parker our best QB ever and you couldn't really argue with it too much. And nothing against Parker who was a great QB and great player- but that was forty or fifty years before those posts were published. Dan like Leach had a great track record with QB's. And sure enough we had Chris Relf who was a triple option QB in high school with accuracy issues and Tyson Lee who was a walk-on and Dan made them functional and passable QB's who as good or better than most that came before them. And then once Dan got his program established here- then Dak Prescott and Nick Fitzgerald get here and we start setting school records and all of a sudden our QB's are productive. Same with Tyler Russell if you look at his statistics. Leach is like that with receivers. We have a potential first round QB which should help. But then we add in at least one four star guy in Heath and maybe add Shavers to Osirus Mitchell who is solid, Javonta Payton who works his ass off, Austin Williams, and Dontae Jones that's a decent group right there. And we'll have a coach who isn't trying to make the perfect play call every time to impress someone to boot.

I think our talent is better than we may think at WR just because Joe didn't use some of them as much as he should- like Payton, Williams, and Jones. If nothing else they're fairly athletic. Some of these guys were just freshmen when Dan was here last so they weren't mature players at that time if they were even on the team. Jones made one of the better catches I've seen during the Moorhead era against Stephen F Austin and Williams has made some nice plays against Arkansas and ULL. You can say that those teams sucked or whatever but I would have liked to have seen what they could have done if given more of an opportunity because it does appear that there is something there. Maybe not all-SEC but good enough to move the sticks a couple of times a game.

Turfdawg67
06-08-2020, 12:40 AM
Yeah, IYOK is correct...

Shavers isn't Jones, Perkins, Cooper, Smith, Ruggs., Homan, Jones , Lee, Norwood, Palmer, Stewart, Ridley, Waddle, Juedy, Smith etc...

But that dude would be a huge difference maker at MSU...

Ahh... love that backhanded compliment, as always.

bulldawg28
06-08-2020, 04:25 AM

Heath
Shavers
Ducking
Marks
Tulu
Walley
Rufus Harvey
Knox
*hopefully* Nabers also

Don't count out the Qb transfer from Vandy.

Dawgfan77
06-08-2020, 06:36 AM

The Walk on? I don't think he will start over GS or Rogers

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 07:22 AM

Your more than likely right, but remember that Mike Leach is our coach. If the Vandy guy is the best decision maker & the most accurate then he'll start.

I'm not sold that we won't go get another grad transfer next year at QB. Leach will have plenty of interest.

So in Spring next year, the returning guys won't just be competing against each other.

smootness
06-08-2020, 07:51 AM

Or Robertson. I know he'll be a true freshman that year, but you never know.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-08-2020, 07:53 AM

He's not a typical walkon. He was a scholarship QB at Vandy & could've been a scholarship QB at other colleges.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 07:58 AM

Leach values experience too much to start Robertson. No shot

smootness
06-08-2020, 08:11 AM
Leach values experience too much to start Robertson. No shot

I think it's unlikely, but you're talking about a trSO or rFR Rogers and a tFR Robertson. It's not like there's a junior or senior who's been in the system for a while. I don't think it will happen, but I wouldn't say there's no shot.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 08:20 AM
I think it's unlikely, but you're talking about a trSO or rFR Rogers and a tFR Robertson. It's not like there's a junior or senior who's been in the system for a while. I don't think it will happen, but I wouldn't say there's no shot.

Yet. I think he goes and gets another grad transfer.

RiverCityDawg
06-08-2020, 08:28 AM

Talk about taking a grenade to your QB room. He would have to be far and away the best option, otherwise you end up like Auburn this year where the backup QB is a walk-on and the third string guy is a three-star true freshman that no other major programs wanted. Bo Nix goes down and our old friend 41yr old Cord Sandberg is their QB.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 11:00 AM
Shavers is starting to look Maroon.

The Texas 247 is conceding

We're really becoming a thorn in Texas' side

HailStateSZN19
06-08-2020, 11:05 AM

The wool is starting to get very, very thick!! I can't predict the future & say with 100% certainty this kid explodes... but I am predicting that this kid explodes eventually. May not be right away, may take part of this upcoming season, but he's going to be an absolute weapon and is going to be a sure enough hoss in 2021.

KOdawg1
06-08-2020, 11:08 AM

We're really becoming a thorn in Texas' side

If we land him, would have beaten them out for Robertson, Knox (if we land him like I think we will), and Shavers.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 11:09 AM
The wool is starting to get very, very thick!! I can't predict the future & say with 100% certainty this kid explodes... but I am predicting that this kid explodes eventually. May not be right away, may take part of this upcoming season, but he's going to be an absolute weapon and is going to be a sure enough hoss in 2021.

My prediction is that we look like shit in September & probably lose a game we shouldn't, but then we'll get our feet underneath us in October & upset someone

HailStateSZN19
06-08-2020, 11:16 AM
My friend just told me that we've gotten 2 CB's on 247 for Shavers from Texas' mod & LSU's mod. This is progressing very nicely :cool:

TrapGame
06-08-2020, 11:22 AM
My prediction is that we look like shit in September & probably lose a game we shouldn't, but then we'll get our feet underneath us in October & upset someone

I can see that. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to NC State.

HailStateSZN19
06-08-2020, 11:24 AM

NC State and Tulane won't be pushovers by any stretch. We'd better show up for both games or we'll lose plain & simple. Hopefully leadership of KJ, Kylin, E40, etc. will take over those games and won't allow it to happen.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 11:26 AM
NC State and Tulane won't be pushovers by any stretch. We'd better show up for both games or we'll lose plain & simple. Hopefully leadership of KJ, Kylin, E40, etc. will take over those games and won't allow it to happen.

Agree. I could see us laying a turd at NC State, Tulane plays us within one score, & then we beat A&M & Auburn.

Who knows. I just think the ceiling for us is much higher as the season progresses than early on. However, I'm not sure how easy Leach's offense is though.

KOdawg1
06-08-2020, 11:26 AM
We're starting to rack up 4* players at all positions, which for a program like our's, is imperative in order to compete with the big dogs

QB:
Shrader
Robertson
Mayden

RB:
Hill
Marks
Johnson

WR:
Tulu
Heath (was a 4* in HS)
Knox
Nabers
Shavers
Coleman (potentially)
K. Johnson (will/should be a 4*)

OL:
Cross (5*)
Dolla Bill
Cunningham
Lashley

DL:
Kobe Jones
Spencer
Pickering
King Ani

LB:
Jordan Davis
Demonte Russell

DB:
Murphy
Forbes
Richardson

Probably missed a few, but you get the point. As long as we keep piling on 4*s, the talent gap will stay in reach. The question will be if Leach and Co can keep getting those 4*s on defense

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 11:30 AM
We're starting to rack up 4* players at all positions, which for a program like our's, is imperative in order to compete with the big dogs

QB:
Shrader
Robertson

RB:
Hill
Marks
Johnson

WR:
Tulu
Heath (was a 4* in HS)
Knox
Nabers
Shavers
Coleman (potentially)
K. Johnson (will/should be a 4*)

OL:
Cross (5*)
Dolla Bill
Cunningham
Lashley

DL:
Kobe Jones
Spencer
Pickering
King Ani

LB:
Jordan Davis
Demonte Russell

DB:
Murphy
Forbes
Richardson

Probably missed a few, but you get the point. As long as we keep piling on 4*s, the talent gap will stay in reach. The question will be if Leach and Co can keep getting those 4*s on defense

We'll never recruit enough stars to have the depth of the blue bloods, but that doesn't mean that our starters can't be in the same ballpark or at least compete with the blue blood starters.

That at least gives you a chance

MedDawg
06-08-2020, 11:34 AM
We'll never recruit enough stars to have the depth of the blue bloods, but that doesn't mean that our starters can't be in the same ballpark or at least compete with the blue blood starters.

Yep. During Leach's entire time at Washington State he had ONE 4-star player on defense. Right now State has 9 on defense. We probably have a lot more 4-stars on offense than he had at Washington State, too.

Jarius
06-08-2020, 11:34 AM

We have to have the highly rated guys in the right positions. We need big time receivers, quarterbacks, and defensive linemen.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 11:35 AM
We have to have the highly rated guys in the right positions. We need big time receivers, quarterbacks, and defensive linemen.

And left tackle

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 11:36 AM
Nebraska's leading WR just entered the portal

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 11:37 AM
Do we want Shavers or this guy?

HailStateSZN19
06-08-2020, 11:37 AM

I'm intrigued to see what we do on DL recruiting.

But as far as the other places, Costello/Shavers/Sawyer Robertson/Knox/Nabers/Kanarius Johnson/Coleman (possibly) is one hell of a start for the WR's & QB's.

Tripp McNeely
06-08-2020, 12:02 PM
So, what does our WR 3-deep look like once we land Shavers?

Jarius
06-08-2020, 12:03 PM

I would take both. We still need to cut some dead weight off our roster. We have 4 tight ends in a scheme that doesn't have a tight end in the offense.

Jarius
06-08-2020, 12:10 PM
So, what does our WR 3-deep look like once we land Shavers?

O. Mitchell
J. Payton
Shavers

Heath
A. Williams
C. Gardner

Ducking/Pruitt
Tulu/Harvey
D. Jones/Torber

Honestly have not studied his depth chart enough to know how many starting receivers he names, but from reading the 247 guy's reports (I would imagine they are guessing) they kind of have a feel of what the chart may look like and this is kind of what I've gathered as far as the tiers they are looking at. IYOK may have a better idea than me though.

RiverCityDawg
06-08-2020, 12:20 PM

They play different positions in our offense with Spielman being a slot guy, so in theory we could use them both. With that said Spielman isn't a grad transfer so would have to get a waiver and there's no apparent reason to expect he would get that. Also it seems he basically quit school during the last semester and took a "leave of absence" from the team. They are willingly parting ways with their leading receiver, so to me there are some red flags that would make me want to pass.

maroonmania
06-08-2020, 01:29 PM

If it had to be one or the other I would probably take Spielman just because he is a much more proven commodity. I've never seen Shavers play a down but I'm very familiar with Spielman from college fantasy football and I've owned him in a couple of leagues. Besides being a very good WR he is also an excellent punt returner.

Todd4State
06-08-2020, 01:37 PM
I'd roll the dice and get both Shavers and Spielman and cut someone that is dead weight.

sandwolf
06-08-2020, 01:42 PM
Wouldn't Spielman only have 1 year of eligibility left? I'd be all for taking both of them, but if it is an either/or situation, then I'd probably take Shavers just based on the extra year of eligibility.

HailStateSZN19
06-08-2020, 01:45 PM
Shoot if you can get them both, then absolutely. But is there any type of connection to Spielman that would make him consider us other than the offense we run and opportunity to catch lots of passes? Anyone know where he's from?

I read on Twitter that he hasn't graduated & already used his RS year so if he doesn't get a waiver granted, he'd be screwed would he not?

SmokeyDawg
06-08-2020, 01:50 PM
I have heard several times that we expect to target 8 receivers per game and mostly run 10 personnel. I think my 8 would be.

O. Mitchell - Spivey
M. Heath - Tulu
J. Payton - Pruitt
T. Shavers - A. Williams

I'm not sure if Malik is playing inside or outside or how Spivey has progressed but I would like to see them in these roles.

sandwolf
06-08-2020, 01:51 PM
....other than the offense we run and opportunity to catch lots of passes? Anyone know where he's from?

I think Leach's offense is going to make almost every transfer WR look at us. He's from MN.

HailStateSZN19
06-08-2020, 02:06 PM
I think Leach's offense is going to make almost every transfer WR look at us. He's from MN.

I agree somewhat. But with some kids who are from off somewhere like MN, you'd need a connection somewhere to feel good about pulling them down to MS, even with Leach and the air raid here.

If we get Shavers, we're at 83. We'd have to tell someone to move on and find a new home. That'd be tough to do this late would it not? Idk how that really works, but it being June and voluntary workouts starting up, I'd think it'd be tough to tell a kid to take a hike and find a new place to play.

Todd4State
06-08-2020, 02:23 PM
Shoot if you can get them both, then absolutely. But is there any type of connection to Spielman that would make him consider us other than the offense we run and opportunity to catch lots of passes? Anyone know where he's from?

I read on Twitter that he hasn't graduated & already used his RS year so if he doesn't get a waiver granted, he'd be screwed would he not?

Spielman's dad is the GM for the Vikings and we have a player Powers Warren whose dad also works for the Vikings. I'd explore it.

HailStateSZN19
06-08-2020, 02:31 PM
Spielman's dad is the GM for the Vikings and we have a player Powers Warren whose dad also works for the Vikings. I'd explore it.

Lol, that's a hell of a stretch for a connection...... but I'll allow it hahahaha.

I believe the thought as soon as he hit the portal was he's Minnesota-bound because of his dad working with the Vikings but there's a potential issue. I'll try to sum it up the best I can but it appears that a former Minnesota WR was tweeting at Spielman back in like December/January about coming to play for Minnesota (I *think* that is what has happened). Apparently Minnesota has one of the toughest compliance dept.'s in the B10. And apparently they are looking into *POSSIBLE* tampering because the former player would be considered a "booster" since he's closely affiliated with the university and team. Whether something comes of that, I have no idea & I hope what I'm typing out is what has actually happened. I read it online. They might just be doing some due diligence to make sure. But if he were to NOT be able to go there because their compliance dept. wasn't cool with it, then that could be really interesting.

If we processed someone or someone else left and opened a spot, then hell yes go after this dude. He's put up some very solid #'s and is a proven commodity. Throw him in the slot and let's roll.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-08-2020, 02:35 PM

Powers dad is now the commissioner of the Big 10 but yes they did work together. I'm wondering if Spielman days on the D1 level are over. He hasn't graduated, he doesn't have a RS, & he basically dropped out of school mid semester. It's the NCAA so you never know but I don't see a logical reason for him being able to be eligible this season. If not he just loses this year & his eligibility is over. May have to go down a level to play. Also I believe there's a SEC rule that you can't transfer into the conference with 1 year of eligibility remaining & not be a grad transfer.

msu15
06-08-2020, 02:47 PM
O. Mitchell
J. Payton
Shavers

Heath
A. Williams
C. Gardner

Ducking/Pruitt
Tulu/Harvey
D. Jones/Torber

Honestly have not studied his depth chart enough to know how many starting receivers he names, but from reading the 247 guy's reports (I would imagine they are guessing) they kind of have a feel of what the chart may look like and this is kind of what I've gathered as far as the tiers they are looking at. IYOK may have a better idea than me though.
We're a 4 wide base set.

maroonmania
06-08-2020, 02:50 PM
Powers dad is now the commissioner of the Big 10 but yes they did work together. I'm wondering if Spielman days on the D1 level are over. He hasn't graduated, he doesn't have a RS, & he basically dropped out of school mid semester. It's the NCAA so you never know but I don't see a logical reason for him being able to be eligible this season. If not he just loses this year & his eligibility is over. May have to go down a level to play. Also I believe there's a SEC rule that you can't transfer into the conference with 1 year of eligibility remaining & not be a grad transfer.

Well, if true, then that kind of eliminates him from our consideration. Not sure he would have had any interest anyway. Good to hear that things are trending positively on Shavers though. Sounds like a guy with a lot of talent even if he has very little experience at the college level. Hope we can get him on board.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-08-2020, 03:08 PM

Apparently TCU has passed on Shavers and is pursuing him. I would like to have both

Ifyouonlyknew
06-08-2020, 03:11 PM
Apparently TCU has passed on Shavers and is pursuing him. I would like to have both

I think the TCU is passing on Shavers talk is because he passed on them. Control the narrative.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
06-08-2020, 03:13 PM
I think the TCU is passing on Shavers talk is because he passed on them. Control the narrative.

Yes, that sounds more accurate.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-08-2020, 03:18 PM
Yes, that sounds more accurate.

Yep the same recruiting guy posted this a few days ago

I spoke with some sources regarding Shavers and TCU...here's what I have from TCU perspective....

- The Frogs do have an interest in him; again, I don't know how much interest he has in TCU

- The two parties have spoken, they spoke yesterday afternoon so it appears there could be some sort of interest from Shavers end.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 03:38 PM
247 National Guy Gabe Brooks just put in a crystal ball for Shavers to MSU.

Looks like this is getting real.

Maybe the 3rd times a charm after Joe Morrow & Guidry. Cross your fingers he can catch

KOdawg1
06-08-2020, 03:39 PM
Please for the love of God, dont have stone hands

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 03:40 PM
Please for the love of God, dont have stone hands

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o6MbhYjXivHHMrLSE/giphy.gif

HailStateSZN19
06-08-2020, 03:43 PM
The CB's are apparently rolling in & Rosebowl has said he's heard Shavers could make the call sooner rather than later.

ZedFedder
06-08-2020, 03:51 PM
Here is the link to the CB selections. Four in for State with Paul Jones as the only MSU beat guy. No picks for any other school.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Tyrell-Shavers-at-Alabama-188362/CurrentTransferInstitutionPredictions/

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 03:55 PM
Here is the link to the CB selections. Four in for State with Paul Jones as the only MSU beat guy. No picks for any other school.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Tyrell-Shavers-at-Alabama-188362/CurrentTransferInstitutionPredictions/

I think it's done and could happen really quick.

Just hope he can catch

Todd4State
06-08-2020, 04:19 PM
I think it's done and could happen really quick.

Just hope he can catch

I'm not worried about his catching ability. Leach does drills that work and have been proven to work for year now. Plus this guy was behind three first round draft picks at Alabama.

HailStateSZN19
06-08-2020, 04:19 PM
Annnnnnnnnd it's happening today apparently. Let's freakin' goooooo!!

Cloak
06-08-2020, 04:22 PM
He started following State people on Twitter.

KOdawg1
06-08-2020, 05:43 PM
This was quick. What an eventful day

ZedFedder
06-08-2020, 05:45 PM
Some people on staff tweeting hints like he is about to make it public.

Duckdog
06-08-2020, 05:54 PM
Rosebowl is wavimg the flag!

StateDawg44
06-08-2020, 07:55 PM
So why is this kid leaving Bammer?

Captain Falcon
06-08-2020, 08:22 PM
So why is this kid leaving Bammer?

Playing time.

ZedFedder
06-08-2020, 08:27 PM
He just made it official on Twitter.

msu15
06-08-2020, 08:34 PM
Talk about stretching the field in this offense

Coach34
06-08-2020, 08:39 PM
Huge pick up. Well done

Ari Gold
06-08-2020, 08:40 PM
But I thought Kiffin was going to wipe the floor with Leach in recruiting...

Jarius
06-08-2020, 08:43 PM

People are finding out rather quickly that Kiffin isn’t what he was billed to be personality wise or recruiting wise. He is not personable when he’s not on twitter. He’s a recluse. He also hasn’t recruited well anywhere that didn’t have a big logo and Eddie O on staff. I have no idea why people thought he was going to tear it up recruiting at Ole Miss. they will recruit where they always do, outside of their massive cheating years.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 08:44 PM

At WR & QB, Leach is going to smoke his ass

HoopsDawg
06-08-2020, 08:46 PM
Huge pick up. Well done

Yep, great job to act quickly and upgrade a huge position of need. At the very least, Shavers gives us an insurance policy on Malik Heath. Our WR core basically rested on Heath picking up the offense and being really good on Day 1. That was a lot to hope for.

Now we have Mitchell, Shavers and Heath on the outside. With Payton, Williams and Tulu on the inside.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 08:50 PM
Yep, great job to act quickly and upgrade a huge position of need. At the very least, Shavers gives us an insurance policy on Malik Heath. Our WR core basically rested on Heath picking up the offense and being really good on Day 1. That was a lot to hope for.

Now we have Mitchell, Shavers and Heath on the outside. With Payton, Williams and Tulu on the inside.

Heath & Mitchell got a ton of help today.

We're going to be long at WR.

We really need the Wes Welker slot guy. Knox will be that, but he ain't here yet

HoopsDawg
06-08-2020, 08:56 PM

We really need the Wes Welker slot guy. Knox will be that, but he ain't here yet

going to have to be a true freshman this year. Either Tulu or Harvey.

Todd4State
06-08-2020, 09:00 PM

Don't forget about Dontae Jones on the outside. I'm not sure if Caleb Ducking will redshirt or not but either way I think he is going to be a steal. There may be games where he catches as many passes as he did his entire sophomore year in JUCO.

I think we're going to rely a lot on Javonta Payton in the slot and maybe Austin Williams. I think Tulu will be the Jameon Lewis type slot receiver and yes he's a freshman but he was also a four star Under Armour All-American.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 09:10 PM
Don't forget about Dontae Jones on the outside. I'm not sure if Caleb Ducking will redshirt or not but either way I think he is going to be a steal. There may be games where he catches as many passes as he did his entire sophomore year in JUCO.

I think we're going to rely a lot on Javonta Payton in the slot and maybe Austin Williams. I think Tulu will be the Jameon Lewis type slot receiver and yes he's a freshman but he was also a four star Under Armour All-American.

Payton maybe our best option but he doesn’t have those quick feet and elite burst like Knox or Welker

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 09:11 PM
going to have to be a true freshman this year. Either Tulu or Harvey.

Yeah, if we just had Knox or Jameon Lewis, I’d be extra wooly.

Hambone
06-08-2020, 09:23 PM
Rufus is going to light up some stats in this offense.

BuckyIsAB****
06-08-2020, 09:32 PM
Rufus Harvey is better than some of what we have right now. He will play this year and play well. Don?t sleep on Pruitt from Noxubee County either

KOdawg1
06-08-2020, 09:43 PM

Not just because he's white, but Austin Williams reminds me a lot of Wes Welker. I think he's going to surprise some folks this season. He and Payton will be hell to deal with on the inside.

Bothrops
06-08-2020, 09:45 PM
This WR group is going to turn into something rather quickly it seems. I don't remember having this many tall and lean, tall and big, and a slew of slot guys to go along with a proven passer. Regardless of experience, we now have a lot of options.

KOdawg1
06-08-2020, 09:45 PM

I think due to numbers and depth, Tulu may get asked to play CB. That's what he practiced as for UA All-America. I think he can be a good receiver, but I think he'd be an NFL corner

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 09:46 PM
Not just because he's white, but Austin Williams reminds me a lot of Wes Welker. I think he's going to surprise some folks this season. He and Payton will be hell to deal with on the inside.

Williams doesn’t have near the same quickness as Welker. They aren’t close

Bothrops
06-08-2020, 09:48 PM
I think due to numbers and depth, Tulu may get asked to play CB. That's what he practiced as for UA All-America. I think he can be a good receiver, but I think he'd be an NFL corner

Too explosive with the ball in hand. I'd rather someone else go to corner.

KOdawg1
06-08-2020, 09:49 PM
Williams doesn’t have near the same quickness as Welker. They aren’t close

He's got the best hands on the team. And Williams is quick. He's not fast.
It's closer than you think.

KOdawg1
06-08-2020, 09:58 PM
Too explosive with the ball in hand. I'd rather someone else go to corner.

He could still have the ball in his hands returning kickoffs and punts.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 10:03 PM

I hope you're right. I don't see it

KOdawg1
06-08-2020, 10:07 PM
I hope you're right. I don't see it
Leach likes guys with good hands and toughness to be on the inside. They have to be willing to do some dirty work. Austin fits that bill.

Ifyouonlyknew
06-08-2020, 10:10 PM

It's not close.

KOdawg1
06-08-2020, 10:16 PM
It's not close.
Agree to disagree.

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2020, 10:20 PM
Agree to disagree.

Ok.

KOdawg1
06-08-2020, 10:21 PM
Ok.
Wasn't talking to you. "OK."

Turfdawg67
06-08-2020, 11:41 PM
Agree to disagree.

These are the disagreements I prefer between Bulldogs. Hail State!

Todd4State
06-09-2020, 12:00 AM

Leach likes to play a lot of receivers. I think his best position is slot receiver.

KOdawg1
06-09-2020, 12:10 AM
Leach likes to play a lot of receivers. I think his best position is slot receiver.
He'll be a stud wherever he's at.

TUSK
06-09-2020, 12:11 AM
Huge pick up. Well done

yup, huge addition... "take the top off" type cat...

congrats!!

Commercecomet24
06-09-2020, 12:29 AM
Deddrick Thomas would've killed it from the slot in Leachs offense.

Bothrops
06-09-2020, 01:36 AM

Yep.

Coach34
06-09-2020, 04:34 AM

I'll be shocked if Williams is in the top 6 in catches at the end of the season.

Hambone
06-09-2020, 05:27 AM
I agree, he may have great hands, but Austin CANNOT get separation.

Walkerhill
06-09-2020, 07:30 AM
I agree, he may have great hands, but Austin CANNOT get separation.

He will get open if he learns how to execute the mesh shallow cross.

ShotgunDawg
06-09-2020, 07:46 AM
I'll be shocked if Williams is in the top 6 in catches at the end of the season.

This.

I don't see the athleticism for him to be any good

HailStateSZN19
06-09-2020, 07:55 AM
Idk if they’ll do it but just to get our best 4 WR’s on the field, I’d go:

Outside- Mitchell
Inside- Heath
Inside- Payton
Outside- Shavers

Maybe throw Mitchell in the slot instead of Heath because Osiris is a little bit more of a possession guy than I think Heath will be. Both are bigger bodied and deep threats but Heath is more physical than Mitchell is.

I think Williams will play but I wouldn’t be shocked if Rufus or Tulu overtake him by the middle of the year. Don’t sleep on Walley either. Him in the slot is going to be a mismatch nightmare. He was the most underrated player in the state last year. He’s going to develop into a monster. Point being, we have some serious talent in the slot coming in from last years class. Talent that is quick, fast, and elusive. Things that Williams is not.

ShotgunDawg
06-09-2020, 07:57 AM
Idk if they’ll do it but just to get our best 4 WR’s on the field, I’d go:

Outside- Mitchell
Inside- Heath
Inside- Payton
Outside- Shavers

Maybe throw Mitchell in the slot instead of Heath because Osiris is a little bit more of a possession guy than I think Heath will be. Both are bigger bodied and deep threats but Heath is more physical than Mitchell is.

I think Williams will play but I wouldn’t be shocked if Rufus or Tulu overtake him by the middle of the year. Don’t sleep on Walley either. Him in the slot is going to be a mismatch nightmare. He was the most underrated player in the state last year. He’s going to develop into a monster. Point being, we have some serious talent in the slot coming in from last years class. Talent that is quick, fast, and elusive. Things that Williams is not.

I think those are most definitely our best 4 & it would be beautiful if one of Rufus or Tulu could develop into a shake & bake slot guy.

HailStateSZN19
06-09-2020, 08:33 AM
I think those are most definitely our best 4 & it would be beautiful if one of Rufus or Tulu could develop into a shake & bake slot guy.

I don't know a lot but I do know this staff will figure something out offensively as far as getting our best weapons on the field and correctly utilizing them. Whether that's throwing a 6'3" or 6'5" guy in the slot in order to get the most talent on the field or throwing a true freshman in the fire because he brings something to the WR set that others don't have, I trust Leach and Spurrier/Nichol to make it work. I really really think Rufus Harvey could end up being one of our best slot guys and he plays a lot before the end of the year.

ShotgunDawg
06-09-2020, 09:09 AM
It's official

Jack Lambert
06-09-2020, 09:38 AM

Mitchell is going to be the most improved. I think he will be a different receiver.

Jack Lambert
06-09-2020, 09:38 AM
It's official

This guy is 6"6"?

HailStateSZN19
06-09-2020, 09:43 AM
This guy is 6"6"?

6'6" 215 lbs with 4.4 speed....

Cowbell
06-09-2020, 10:28 AM

I already miss not seeing him on the field..

ZedFedder
06-11-2020, 03:56 PM
https://n.rivals.com/news/fact-or-fiction-the-attrition-at-nebraska-is-concerning

R2Dawg
06-11-2020, 04:05 PM
Idk if they?ll do it but just to get our best 4 WR?s on the field, I?d go:

Outside- Mitchell
Inside- Heath
Inside- Payton
Outside- Shavers

I think Williams will play but I wouldn?t be shocked if Rufus or Tulu overtake him by the middle of the year. Don?t sleep on Walley either. Him in the slot is going to be a mismatch nightmare. He was the most underrated player in the state last year. He?s going to develop into a monster. Point being, we have some serious talent in the slot coming in from last years class. Talent that is quick, fast, and elusive. Things that Williams is not.

I know they haven't played a down yet but that group right there has potential to be pretty good. Ross, Brown, Wilson, Lewis good? In Leach's O, I'm feeling better and better especially with Hill returning and getting KJ. Just get the D shored up and we might have something.

Turfdawg67
06-11-2020, 04:21 PM
https://n.rivals.com/news/fact-or-fiction-the-attrition-at-nebraska-is-concerning

https://i.postimg.cc/kMVHxsXK/IMG-0705.jpg

HailStateSZN19
06-11-2020, 05:08 PM

INJECT. THIS. IN. MY. VEINS.

TrapGame
06-11-2020, 07:15 PM

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71DWqk0jUjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

BiscuitEater
06-12-2020, 10:03 AM
that was def maniacal

According to the Speed . Distance . Time Calculator .. that averages out to = 81.14 mph. Pretty impressive from a standing start to a full stop.

BrunswickDawg
06-12-2020, 12:45 PM
According to the Speed . Distance . Time Calculator .. that averages out to = 81.14 mph. Pretty impressive from a standing start to a full stop.

https://media.giphy.com/media/EziKyNYBBddx6/giphy.gif

iPat09
06-12-2020, 02:12 PM

Only 6.86 mph faster and he could have seen some serious shit.

Tripp McNeely
06-12-2020, 03:16 PM

Well done!

BrunswickDawg
06-12-2020, 03:39 PM

https://i.imgur.com/MkqBGfR.gif