PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Mods but are ya'll watchng what the President is doing right now?

Jack Lambert
06-01-2020, 06:07 PM
I can't believe the Secret Service is letting it go. This is crazy.

Hambone
06-01-2020, 06:15 PM
Been at work all day. What are you speaking of?

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 06:18 PM
He just threatened to turn the US into a military state and threaten war on Americans if protests don't stop. (Hasn't officially invoked the Insurrection Act officially.)

Leeshouldveflanked
06-01-2020, 06:39 PM
It doesnt appear non of these mayors or governors are going to do anything but let their cities get looted and burned.... it quit being a protest about noon Friday...

AlSwearengen
06-01-2020, 06:43 PM
He just threatened to turn the US into a military state and threaten war on Americans if protests don't stop. (Hasn't officially invoked the Insurrection Act officially.)

Lock it up and ban me because I am calling Dantheman a dumb mother****er!!

BeardoMSU
06-01-2020, 06:44 PM
I predict this thread to go about as well as last years FB season**

AlSwearengen
06-01-2020, 06:45 PM

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 06:47 PM
it quit being a protest about noon Friday...

Not true. How about go out to your local protest as a neutral observer and see the truth instead of what the media is sensationalizing?

There are millions of people in this country protesting for a reason. And that's protesting, not looting.

msbulldog
06-01-2020, 06:47 PM
He is absolutely showing who is the leader of this country! He is a very brave man, very George Washingtonesque. Dantheman4248 it is an absolute that this insurrection must be stopped and quickly. The peaceful protests are one thing, but the antifas who are being funded by George Soros are out there agitating and causing the looting and violence. This is an insurrection and it must be stopped.

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 06:51 PM

How am I a dumb mothe****er because that's literally what he said. He threatened to bring in troops and stop the protesting himself. That's a military state by definition. That's what he did. I didn't even condone or condemn it. I just told you what he told us.

How are you so blind with hate that you literally call someone dumb for factually repeating the guy?

BeastMan
06-01-2020, 06:52 PM
https://images.app.goo.gl/kTFC7TkEYrsj37zGA

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 06:52 PM
He is absolutely showing who is the leader of this country! He is a very brave man, very George Washingtonesque. Dantheman4248 it is an absolute that this insurrection must be stopped and quickly. The peaceful protests are one thing, but the antifas who are being funded by George Soros are out there agitating and causing the looting and violence. This is an insurrection and it must be stopped.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1267600747878809600?s=21

Don't worry. It is. **** the press.

Jack Lambert
06-01-2020, 06:53 PM
Been at work all day. What are you speaking of?

He left the white house and walk over to the church that got burned last night.

Captain Falcon
06-01-2020, 07:06 PM
How am I a dumb mothe****er because that's literally what he said. He threatened to bring in troops and stop the protesting himself. That's a military state by definition. That's what he did. I didn't even condone or condemn it. I just told you what he told us.

How are you so blind with hate that you literally call someone dumb for factually repeating the guy?

Here is the exact quote:

"As we speak, I am dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel, and law enforcement officers to stop the rioting, looting, vandalism, assaults, and the wanton destruction of property.”

He pretty clearly condemned the violent part of things that have been happening, not the protesting in general.

bulldawg28
06-01-2020, 07:08 PM
Trump is a lunatic.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-01-2020, 07:19 PM
Trump is a lunatic.
Takes one to know one...

Santiago
06-01-2020, 07:20 PM
Here is the exact quote:

"As we speak, I am dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel, and law enforcement officers to stop the rioting, looting, vandalism, assaults, and the wanton destruction of property.”

He pretty clearly condemned the violent part of things that have been happening, not the protesting in general.

I have friends with business in the cities being rioted and terrorized. They say they hope someone grows a pair in government and shuts this crap down since local governments won't do it. Innocent people are getting beaten, and having their stores looted. I get all have political views, but we also cannot allow people roaming around doing this.
The exception is my friend in TX that just called me and has a business in the curfew area. If anyone tried to break down and loot his store (before he has to leave for curfew) they will get a ton of lead shot into them. TX will not play around. There won't be people being dragged out of cars there too much because most have guns in their cars.

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 07:24 PM
I have friends with business in the cities being rioted and terrorized. They say they hope someone grows a pair in government and shuts this crap down since local governments won't do it. Innocent people are getting beaten, and having their assets forfeited. I get all have political views, but we also cannot allow people roaming around doing this.

Funny how changing two words of your comment changes it to be the side of the protestors. It's almost like people want the same thing and don't have that normally and are protesting that.

bulldawg28
06-01-2020, 07:29 PM
Takes one to know one...

Trump is a liar, adulterer, thin skinned, dictator, Hitler loving, fake Christian, and perfect for you.

RocketDawg
06-01-2020, 07:33 PM
Funny how changing two words of your comment changes it to be the side of the protestors. It's almost like people want the same thing and don't have that normally and are protesting that.

Are you using "protestors" and "rioters" interchangeably?

Santiago
06-01-2020, 07:33 PM

No actually you slipped in "protestors" with rioters and terrorizing. Not even close. Peaceful protesting does not include what is going down right now. The peaceful protesting is actually the part that the majority of the country are all on the same page about.
But once rioting, looting, and organized political maneuvering starting getting into it, then the message is totally different.
As far as having their assets forfeited, not following you but would like to understand. It could probably open a whole can on more topics though.

BeardoMSU
06-01-2020, 07:34 PM
Trump is a liar, adulterous, thin skinned, dictator, Hitler loving, fake Christian, and perfect for you.

I agree with all of these things, minus the dictator and Hitler part. He's bad enough as a person without needing to mention him in the same sentence as Hitler.

turkish
06-01-2020, 07:39 PM
How am I a dumb mothe****er because that's literally what he said.
Literally? Post a transcript.

He made abundantly clear his different view and strategy toward violent “rioters,” “looters,” etc. and non-violent protesters.

I stand (admittedly figuratively) with all the peaceful protesters. Against tyranny, they are my allies. Unchecked violence and property destruction simply must stop.

bulldawg28
06-01-2020, 07:41 PM
I agree with all of these things, minus the dictator and Hitler part. He's bad enough as a person without needing to mention him in the same sentence as Hitler.

He's publicly stated he admired Hitler.

paco
06-01-2020, 07:43 PM
I'm 100% with you, Al. 1717171717 dantheman now and forevermore. 17 him!

paco
06-01-2020, 07:45 PM
You've proven to be a liberal loser, 28. 17 you and every demoncrat!!!!

RiverCityDawg
06-01-2020, 07:46 PM

Link?

turkish
06-01-2020, 07:47 PM
Snopes say FALSE.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-hitler-mein-kampf/

BeardoMSU
06-01-2020, 07:48 PM
17 you and every demoncrat!!!!

That'll definitely help the situation. FFS...

Edit: and by the way, statements like this is exactly why we can't have political discussions on the main board. You can be partisan, you can be passionate, you can even be stuck in your ways....but this blatant lack of basic respect for the other side is what moves us nowhere. I'm friends with many conservatives, Republicans, and Trump supporters of all backgrounds (even a few on this board); I've never equated them to "demons", or told them to get "17'd" as a group like you did. Being intellectually blunted is not a virtue, nor is it a sustainable strategy for moving forward.

Santiago
06-01-2020, 07:50 PM

minus the hitler part, and then the ring includes a majority of politicians ***

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 07:50 PM
So you're telling me he actually said he supported peaceful protestors as he had his riot crew beat on peaceful protestors who were not out past curfew and not causing any harm?

So you're calling MY president a liar? He just showed me he's not going to put up with peaceful protests. How dare you make that Godly man out to be a liar. Shame on you liberal scum always trying to make Trump a liar.

Coach34
06-01-2020, 07:51 PM
He just swung his penis and walked from the White House to the Church. Very powerful move by the President.

We have rioters led by insane left wing groups burning down black-owned businesses and communities. Why is putting a stop to that a bad thing? I just dont understand a certain population right now. You want these rioters to stop tearing up the black community- but get mad at Trump when he says he is going to stop it. Makes no sense.

Leeshouldveflanked
06-01-2020, 07:56 PM
Trump is a liar, adulterous, thin skinned, dictator, Hitler loving, fake Christian, and perfect for you.
Not a fan of Hitler... only God knows my heart, so I will let him judge my Christianity..... I have lusted in my heart, so I am guilty of adultery...
I?m in sales, so liar is a little strong, but I fall short by an infinite distance being perfect.... I am for small government, 2nd Amendment, less taxes, strong borders, but I even support a path for citizenship for those in our country undocumented.... I support our military, police, and those who protect us... nobody is perfect.... racist, yes because I am imperfect, and guess what you are imperfect too.... I believe we should protect children both inside the womb and outside, senior citizens, and handicapped...but if you don?t fall in those categories you need to fend for yourself and your family...I worked my way through High School and College, paid my Student Loans and Mortgage.... Still Saving for my retirement....rich by no means, but earned every penny I have...guess what, Trump is all those things you said, except the Hitler thing...the Hitler thing fits those doing the looting and burning.

bostondawg
06-01-2020, 08:01 PM
All of you folks can go debate this issue (and more!) at https://sippolitics.com/.

turkish
06-01-2020, 08:02 PM
Dan says, “swing harder.”

https://youtu.be/wLcTpHRQEik

BeardoMSU
06-01-2020, 08:04 PM
All of you folks can go debate this issue (and more!) at https://sippolitics.com/.

This^^^

But for those entitled few, who keep feeling the need to go against well known board protocol, keep doing you...

Santiago
06-01-2020, 08:07 PM
He just swung his penis and walked from the White House to the Church. Very powerful move by the President.

We have rioters led by insane left wing groups burning down black-owned businesses and communities. Why is putting a stop to that a bad thing? I just dont understand a certain population right now. You want these rioters to stop tearing up the black community- but get mad at Trump when he says he is going to stop it. Makes no sense.

agree 100%, and thus the politically funded and organized rioting worked for those that wanted more division. Because the country was way too unified on being upset about the real issue that happened. Agree that if states are not going to protect innocent people and allow buildings to be burned, people pulled out of cars, then I don't care who steps in to stop it as long as someone stops it. I can say no one is pulling me out of a car or beating my wife with a 2x4 without getting shot for it.

ILOATHEBears
06-01-2020, 08:17 PM

That is not close to what he said. He said peaceful protest are warranted and America is listening. He called out the people rioting and burning buildings. Peaceful protest is not rioting. I?d you riot and burn crap down then you should be dealt with in an extreme manner to get control of the anarchy

PMDawg
06-01-2020, 08:21 PM
Trump is a liar, adulterer, thin skinned, dictator, Hitler loving, fake Christian, and perfect for you.

Liberalism truly is a mental disorder. Seek help.

confucius say
06-01-2020, 08:22 PM

Man get out of here with this. This is not helpful. And I am conservative. We can disagree politically and all agree that what happened to George Floyd was sick, and what these dumbass rioters are doing is horrible.

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 08:23 PM
That is not close to what he said. He said peaceful protest are warranted and America is listening. He called out the people rioting and burning buildings. Peaceful protest is not rioting. I?d you riot and burn crap down then you should be dealt with in an extreme manner to get control of the anarchy

He didn't say that. That wouldn't match his military's actions. Stop calling my president weak. He is bigly and strong. They showed those peaceful protestors and press who is boss. Stop it now before the military has to take over.

turkish
06-01-2020, 08:25 PM
Man get out of here with this. This is not helpful. And I am conservative. We can disagree politically and all agree that what happened to George Floyd was sick, and what these dumbass rioters are doing is horrible.
Yeah. No place for that.

confucius say
06-01-2020, 08:26 PM

Link? That's not what was said and you know it. He said rioters and looters. Nobody is condemning peaceful protests, nor should they. You, like trump, lose credibility when you sensationalize for political gain.

BeardoMSU
06-01-2020, 08:26 PM

Hear, hear.

Gutter Cobreh
06-01-2020, 08:27 PM
That'll definitely help the situation. FFS...

Edit: and by the way, statements like this is exactly why we can't have political discussions on the main board. You can be partisan, you can be passionate, you can even be stuck in your ways....but this blatant lack of basic respect for the other side is what moves us nowhere. I'm friends with many conservatives, Republicans, and Trump supporters of all backgrounds (even a few on this board); I've never equated them to "demons", or told them to get "17'd" as a group like you did. Being intellectually blunted is not a virtue, nor is it a sustainable strategy for moving forward.

Great post Beardo! We can have different opinions, but attacking because a different viewpoint is juvenile and nonproductive!

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 08:29 PM
Link? That's not what was said and you know it. He said rioters and looters. Nobody is condemning peaceful protests, nor should they. You, like trump, lose credibility when you sensationalize for political gain.

Watch the video of his speech again. The powerful side by side. I couldn't take my eyes off the part where he flexed his muscles (the biggest muscles ever btw) as his military pushed out those peaceful protests so he could swing his dick and bring the Bible to a new frontier of theology and ideas.

Truly a pioneer and a master of authority. Strong!

confucius say
06-01-2020, 08:33 PM
Watch the video of his speech again. The powerful side by side. I couldn't take my eyes off the part where he flexed his muscles (the biggest muscles ever btw) as his military pushed out those peaceful protests so he could swing his dick and bring the Bible to a new frontier of theology and ideas.

None of that has anything to do with you conflating, apparently purposefully, peaceful protesters and rioters.

Dawgbite
06-01-2020, 08:33 PM
I miss when this country was ruled and governed by the middle 60% instead of the extreme 15% on each end of the political spectrum. There are no political compromises left in government.

confucius say
06-01-2020, 08:38 PM
I miss when this country was ruled and governed by the middle 60% instead of the extreme 15% on each end of the political spectrum. There are no political compromises left in government.

I wish a middle third party would emerge.

RiverDawg
06-01-2020, 08:40 PM
What a tool

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 08:41 PM
None of that has anything to do with you conflating, apparently purposefully, peaceful protesters and rioters.

God Emperor Trump conflated them. He showed the force that all governors should ask for. Invoke the Insurrection Act and this is what we will do because we are strong and we need to dominate them. Even Mini-Mitt and his Utah buddies get it.

https://twitter.com/alnoaimisalem/status/1267593813817798659?s=21

Santiago
06-01-2020, 08:41 PM

Imagine the creative logo with that name ***

Santiago
06-01-2020, 08:42 PM
delete

PMDawg
06-01-2020, 08:44 PM

Well then you should love him. Liberals have told us for decades that morals have no place in today's society.

DownwardDawg
06-01-2020, 08:50 PM
Bravest. Strongest President we?ve had I a very long time. Showing how to lead.

DownwardDawg
06-01-2020, 08:54 PM

You are pathetic. Good news though, these terrorists are guaranteeing a Trump victory si well get another Supreme Court appointment.

Cooterpoot
06-01-2020, 08:54 PM
You bunch of honkies make me laugh.

Extendedcab
06-01-2020, 08:57 PM
Are you using "protestors" and "rioters" interchangeably?

He does not see the difference!

Extendedcab
06-01-2020, 08:58 PM

OUCH!! And I thought my posts on the Coronavirus thread was hard sometimes!

Leeshouldveflanked
06-01-2020, 09:01 PM
JFK would be considered a right winger today....

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 09:02 PM
You are pathetic. Good news though, these terrorists are guaranteeing a Trump victory si well get another Supreme Court appointment.

Yes these terrorists are. Scaring those peaceful protestors back into their homes. Military rule. Dominate! "Leaders" like Mariann Budde are why this country is turning away from God. Allying with liberal cnn? Clearly she is paid for by ANTIFA. Weak! Don't worry St. John's, Daddy Trump will liberate you from protesting scum who desecrate Jesus's name and bring you back to the promised land. Power!

https://twitter.com/_marcusd3_/status/1267616831105306625?s=21

Jack Lambert
06-01-2020, 09:04 PM
You bunch of honkies make me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWhaOb0Ka-k

R2Dawg
06-01-2020, 09:08 PM

He ain't stopping the protesting; get real. The total destruction of the country is what he is stopping or what is left of it.

I don't think any more attention is needed with protests but peaceful protests are fine. Terrorizing our country in the state it is in can't be tolerated. Lawlessness must be stopped.

Coldsleeve Jr.
06-01-2020, 09:21 PM
The problem is there was a law signed circa 1968 that removed liability from cities when there's a riot. The cities have no incentive to stop the riots/looting. Somebody had to step up and the President did exactly that

Jack Lambert
06-01-2020, 09:24 PM
The problem is there was a law signed circa 1968 that removed liability from cities when there's a riot. The cities have no incentive to stop the riots/looting. Somebody had to step up and the President did exactly that

Too add to the pain Insurance does not cover Civil Unrest.

confucius say
06-01-2020, 09:25 PM
God Emperor Trump conflated them. He showed the force that all governors should ask for. Invoke the Insurrection Act and this is what we will do because we are strong and we need to dominate them. Even Mini-Mitt and his Utah buddies get it.

https://twitter.com/alnoaimisalem/status/1267593813817798659?s=21

You're intelligent. You know Conflate means combine. That's what you did, perhaps admittedly (or unknowingly) seeing as though you've not denied it. Trump is an ass, but he separated rioters from peaceful protesters, denouncing the former but not the latter.

Jack Lambert
06-01-2020, 09:26 PM
Ya'll don't be surprise tommorrow Martial Law is declared in a few of these cities and you see the US Military move in

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 09:33 PM
He ain't stopping the protesting; get real. The total destruction of the country is what he is stopping or what is left of it.

I don't think any more attention is needed with protests but peaceful protests are fine. Terrorizing our country in the state it is in can't be tolerated. Lawlessness must be stopped.

He ain't stopping protesting? Are you calling him weak? Get real. He stepped on the big stage and showed the world he can squash out anything. There's never been a stronger leader than him.

https://twitter.com/nikkimcr/status/1267617044930924545?s=21

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 09:34 PM
You're intelligent. You know Conflate means combine. That's what you did, perhaps admittedly (or unknowingly) seeing as though you've not denied it. Trump is an ass, but he separated rioters from peaceful protesters, denouncing the former but not the latter.

He denounced the former with words and the latter with actions. He made his statement loud and clear. If you weren't watching then you missed the strongest leader ever.

Bdawg
06-01-2020, 09:42 PM

You lie. You and I both know he is talking about rioting and looting. He addressed George Floyd and said justice will come for him, but the rioting must stop.

BiscuitEater
06-01-2020, 09:44 PM
Not true. How about go out to your local protest as a neutral observer and see the truth instead of what the media is sensationalizing?

There are millions of people in this country protesting for a reason. And that's protesting, not looting.

Please explain the reasons AND how vandalism helps.

The guy looting a 45 inch TV for WHAT reason?

Name the reason for burning a 250 year old church?

Bdawg
06-01-2020, 09:47 PM
Trump is a lunatic.

I'll give you unconventional, but lunatic is absurd. Anybody can just spout off dumb statements. How about backing up your statement with reasons why you feel that way.

dawgoneyall
06-01-2020, 09:48 PM

I doubt you would understand any explanation as to why you are a dumb mother****er. Just accept it.....

BiscuitEater
06-01-2020, 09:49 PM

Going to need a link for that! Something other than CNN or NYT.

Oh wait, you can't!

DownwardDawg
06-01-2020, 09:50 PM
Yes these terrorists are. Scaring those peaceful protestors back into their homes. Military rule. Dominate! "Leaders" like Mariann Budde are why this country is turning away from God. Allying with liberal cnn? Clearly she is paid for by ANTIFA. Weak! Don't worry St. John's, Daddy Trump will liberate you from protesting scum who desecrate Jesus's name and bring you back to the promised land. Power!

https://twitter.com/_marcusd3_/status/1267616831105306625?s=21

Lmao!!!!! Hahahahahaha!!!! Anderson Cooper!!! Hahahaha!!!!&

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 10:06 PM
Lmao!!!!! Hahahahahaha!!!! Anderson Cooper!!! Hahahaha!!!!&

I know right? Why would she call in there of all places if she truly is a bishop of God. And then the rudeness to not even let him speak a word on that video clip. Sad! Jesus would not be proud of her harsh words.

Commercecomet24
06-01-2020, 10:07 PM

Yep, this.

Cowbell
06-01-2020, 10:09 PM
The most entertaining part of this thread is the amount of people willing to argue with what appears to be a teenage boy living in his moms basement. #DannieBoy

Jack Lambert
06-01-2020, 10:13 PM
The most entertaining part of this thread is the amount of people willing to argue with what appears to be a teenage boy living in his moms basement. #DannieBoy

I would not be surprise this time tomorrow night De Blasio will be at home in his basement and a Brig. Gen will be running NY City.

confucius say
06-01-2020, 10:20 PM
He denounced the former with words and the latter with actions. He made his statement loud and clear. If you weren't watching then you missed the strongest leader ever.

By clearing a path for the president to travel? Meh. There were announcements for hours to move. I feel no sympathy for that.

Now if the military or other police force is ordered to go out and stop peaceful protests, I'll join you in saying that is unacceptable. And unconstitutional.

Commercecomet24
06-01-2020, 10:21 PM

Hear, hear. Most of us want the same things in life. To be happy, provide for our families, live in peace, etc..We're not gonna agree on everything and that's ok BUT we do need to communicate with respect and decency and really, intently listen to each point of view. I know it's idealistic but dang I've used it most of my life and you know it really works! In order for it to work though you have to check your preconceived notions and egos at the door. Something I'm afraid politicians don't know how to do. I'm strong in my beliefs but I'm always willing to listen with an open mind to someone who may know more about something than I do. I love this country and the events of the last week are truly heartbreaking. I pray that we can have peace and healing. Just my 2 cents which don't mean much. Y'all all stay safe.

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 10:22 PM

Because everyone you disagree with is either ANTIFA, unemployed, a teenager, or all of the above.

No way I've got two degrees from the best university in the state and an amazing engineering job in healthcare. Nope.

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 10:29 PM
By clearing a path for the president to travel? Meh. There were announcements for hours to move. I feel no sympathy for that.

Now if the military or other police force is ordered to go out and stop peaceful protests, I'll join you in saying that is unacceptable. And unconstitutional.

Local news affiliates said it was 3 quick announcements in 10 minutes and then you have multiple officers attacking a cameraman filming because he didn't move from his spot over 10 ft back from where they were within 5 seconds. Not sure where you got the "hours" thing. I highly doubt they would have announced his move hours in advance given the circumstances, someone would definitely attempt to assassinate him.

And they already are. We protested peacefully in my city and were met with loads of tear gas.

bdfan09
06-01-2020, 10:30 PM
Listen guys....I rarely post here, because I don't feel the need to be ridiculed about my thoughts on various subjects. But, I am a bulldog through and through, and I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that the posters in this thread, if they met face to face on game day, would not be talking the way they are to each other.

Any reasonable human being knows that what happened to that poor man was wrong. We've all seen it, but look at the other side of the coin. No reasonable human being can honestly look at the rioting and looting and say that's the right way to get the point across... Just look at the news. Noone is talking about Mr. Floyd. It's just chaos.

There is no way that everybody is always going to see eye-to-eye on politics, but we are all Americans and should, inevitably, want what is best for our country.

BeardoMSU
06-01-2020, 10:56 PM
Hear, hear. Most of us want the same things in life. To be happy, provide for our families, live in peace, etc..We're not gonna agree on everything and that's ok BUT we do need to communicate with respect and decency and really, intently listen to each point of view. I know it's idealistic but dang I've used it most of my life and you know it really works! In order for it to work though you have to check your preconceived notions and egos at the door. Something I'm afraid politicians don't know how to do. I'm strong in my beliefs but I'm always willing to listen with an open mind to someone who may know more about something than I do. I love this country and the events of the last week are truly heartbreaking. I pray that we can have peace and healing. Just my 2 cents which don't mean much. Y'all all stay safe.

Word.

DownwardDawg
06-01-2020, 11:06 PM

You’re a good dude man.

Cowbell
06-01-2020, 11:06 PM
Because everyone you disagree with is either ANTIFA, unemployed, a teenager, or all of the above.

No way I've got two degrees from the best university in the state and an amazing engineering job in healthcare. Nope.

You don't know what I agree or disagree with - I don't get into politics on here. You need to go back and reread some of your posts - you come across as a 12 yr old with your snarky sarcasm. It doesn't help your case at all.

Cowbell
06-01-2020, 11:09 PM
I would not be surprise this time tomorrow night De Blasio will be at home in his basement and a Brig. Gen will be running NY City.

This would be a good thing for them. It's time the lawbreakers screaming for justice realize that they are really the cause of injustice.

Irondawg
06-01-2020, 11:17 PM
The problem is it's just getting plain stupid on numerous fronts because no one wants to have a reasonable discussion. Reading the news just now and see Facebook employees want to stage a walkout because the CEO didn't take down Trump's post. The Sacramento kings have suspended one of their announcers because Demarcus Cousins asked what he thought of BLM and he replied with the "All Lives Matter".

Everyone wants to thing they are on some sort of moral high ground:

* A bunch of kids just want to be part of some grand "positive" change with no real answer on how to get there
* Tons of white people don't want to admit there are any problems at all
* Ton of black people are way to quick to play the victim card
* Politicians and CEO's are crazy busy writing nice "we care about you and feel your pain" speeches while not working toward any good resolutions because bi-partisan compromise is evil incarnate
* Hispanics and other minorities are feeling totally left out of the conversation
* Many people just want to watch the world burn

It's one big hot mess and just shows the lack of true leaders on all fronts we have right now. We have way to many pompous, self-serving blowhards on media outlets and in positions of political power such that noboby trust anything that comes out of the "other" sides mouths.

Objectively looking at the Floyd situation, in a vacuum it's most likely a series of unfortunate events that led to his death. Absolutely sad still but not some menacing murder. He gets into the cop car and we're not here, the cop gets off him 3 minutes earlier and we're not here. The fact that this is "THE" breaking point example is just crazy and it's "most" likely the situation had nothing to do with race, but instead many people look at black man killed by white cop and "most" assume it was entirely about race. Are we having the same discussion if this is Hispanic cop or a AA cop? Probably not, but the end result for George would have been no different and the focus on proper police techniques should be no different but it's entirely different.

With all the positive traction race relations have made over the past 50 years how in the world did we end up here suddenly? We're about 20 years away from most of the people that really knew what racism was about being gone. My mid 40's generation is less racist than my parents, the generation behind me is less than my generation, my elementary school's generation is even less. Two weeks ago I could honestly say that I thought socio-economical issues were a much bigger concern than race relations.

It's pitiful we're here and I've reach the point where I'm pissed at the fact that we've hit the Spaceballs point of "being surrounded by assholes" because of the total lack of common sense being displayed by an alarming high rate of people.

DownwardDawg
06-01-2020, 11:23 PM
Life lesson. I’ll stay my ass in the south. You will end up in a crab trap if you act like these thugs in the streets around here.

dantheman4248
06-01-2020, 11:36 PM
https://twitter.com/jusalotofpain/status/1267638427723296768?s=21

That thug should not have dared step one foot towards the police. All lives matter just like all forests matter. Black lives matter? pfft. Save the rainforests? pfft.

ScoobaDawg
06-01-2020, 11:54 PM
Take it to the political forum on the other site...

and thanks for reminding me how crazy some of you... what a time we are living in.