PDA

View Full Version : Buy Or Sell: Jones Finishes Career at FSU?

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2020, 08:50 AM
Jones announced this morning that he was transferring to Florida State.

I sell that he finishes his career there. 18 hour round trip from home and he?ll be recruited over due to lack of physicality within a year.

Just a complete cluster 17 of a decision and advice given to this kid. Leaves a starting SEC position to go OM and ends up sitting out a year 9 hours from home.

Really sad situation.

fader2103
06-01-2020, 08:51 AM
Who cares really?

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2020, 08:56 AM
Who cares really?

Because it’s. Discussion

Avelso
06-01-2020, 09:20 AM
Yes. Plays 2 years and declares for the draft and goes undrafted. Kid has yet to make a good decision. I played the game and Transferring means sitting for 1 year. No kid does that that?s getting decent advice. None.

Turfdawg67
06-01-2020, 09:36 AM
Because it’s. Discussion

But you've already discussed it, ad nauseam. This is just a new wrinkle to a tired subject.

bobcat91
06-01-2020, 09:40 AM
First and foremost he is a total idiot who loves the drama and has no one with the ability to advise him well. Secondly, he isn't a CB and may be a FS because he doesn't like physical play. As others have said, he probably is best suited for WR. Guys like this rarely turn out well because they are only looking out for themselves. Lastly, for those who don't think much of Cohen, two guys that were headed to OM are now headed out of state.

StateDawg44
06-01-2020, 10:05 AM
But you've already discussed it, ad nauseam. This is just a new wrinkle to a tired subject.

Rep given

Cowbell
06-01-2020, 10:05 AM
First and foremost he is a total idiot who loves the drama and has no one with the ability to advise him well. Secondly, he isn't a CB and may be a FS because he doesn't like physical play. As others have said, he probably is best suited for WR. Guys like this rarely turn out well because they are only looking out for themselves. Lastly, for those who don't think much of Cohen, two guys that were headed to OM are now headed out of state.

Yes there was some good work done here. Speaking of which, bracky seems to have gone silent on here the past couple days.

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2020, 10:11 AM

Then feel free to start another discussion topic.

StateDawg44
06-01-2020, 10:15 AM
Then feel free to start another discussion topic.

I bet you like to hear yourself talk too.

Dawgology
06-01-2020, 10:23 AM

If the coaches weren't really high on either of these guys. We brought in a new staff to clean up the program a bit and right the ship. This is probably part of that.

Irondawg
06-01-2020, 10:36 AM
Well we apparently tried to talk him into staying and even left the door open for him to return this week but there was probably too much bad blood on both sides. Maybe getting 9 hours away will be good for both of them.

msbulldog
06-01-2020, 12:17 PM
Just another Cam Akers.

confucius say
06-01-2020, 12:42 PM
Jones is no where remotely close to the talent Akers is

ZedFedder
06-01-2020, 01:42 PM
Cam Akers got messed over playing behind one of the worst offensive lines I have ever seen. He went to FSU under Jimbo, and he got Willie Taggart. Had Akers gone to a Bama/State/LSU, he’d have been an All American. I bet he has a great NFL career.

msu15
06-01-2020, 01:50 PM
I bet you like to hear yourself talk too.

He 5 stars his own threads

Madisonmd
06-01-2020, 02:29 PM
Akers will probably be the starting TB for Rams. Cant say he made a bad decision

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2020, 03:40 PM
Has Jarrian Jones committed more times than any player in history?

We're up to 5

MSU
Oklahoma
MSU
Ole Miss
FSU

That's wild. I'm guessing it's not over either. I bet he's got at least one more in him over the next 4 years. Don't marry this dude ladies!

Jarius
06-01-2020, 04:42 PM
Zero chance he stays at FSU. They recruit way to well for him to actually get playing time once a competent coach gels that team together. If he makes it to the end of Next spring it will be a miracle.

ShotgunDawg
06-01-2020, 05:30 PM
Zero chance he stays at FSU. They recruit way to well for him to actually get playing time once a competent coach gels that team together. If he makes it to the end of Next spring it will be a miracle.

Agree.

dawgday166
06-01-2020, 06:00 PM
That boy living in yore head Gun. Y'all weren't married were you? *****

dawgoneyall
06-01-2020, 09:53 PM
Tricky question...
FSU might be the last team for which he plays .....doesn't mean he completes 4 years of eligibility.

ZedFedder
06-02-2020, 08:56 AM
I think he winds up being pretty good for them.

ShotgunDawg
06-02-2020, 09:04 AM
I think he winds up being pretty good for them.

No way to know. Best predictor of the future is the past.

Thus it's my belief that he'll be OK and the get disgruntled and leave

deltadawg99
06-03-2020, 12:40 AM
Has Jarrian Jones committed more times than any player in history?

We're up to 5

MSU
Oklahoma
MSU
Ole Miss
FSU

That's wild. I'm guessing it's not over either. I bet he's got at least one more in him over the next 4 years. Don't marry this dude ladies!

Second to only the great Raymond Cotton.
Auburn commit
Flips to OM
Transfers to the south Alabama
Transfers to MGCC
Then Belhaven
Then Mississippi college

I highly doubt jones stays at FSU, especially if he has to sit a year.

StateDawg44
06-03-2020, 08:27 AM
Second to only the great Raymond Cotton.
Auburn commit
Flips to OM
Transfers to the south Alabama
Transfers to MGCC
Then Belhaven
Then Mississippi college

I highly doubt jones stays at FSU, especially if he has to sit a year.

Why would he not have to or what is his other option?

Other than him somehow getting immediate eligibility. Would be total BS if he did.

If he transferred again would he not have to sit yet another year?

BB30
06-03-2020, 12:10 PM
How many different ways can you ask the same question? I guess every personality of yours has to have its turn phrasing the same question in a different light.

This would be a great research study on multiple personality disorder*

Ari Gold
06-03-2020, 02:35 PM
Why would he not have to or what is his other option?

Other than him somehow getting immediate eligibility. Would be total BS if he did.

If he transferred again would he not have to sit yet another year?

if he wants to play in 2020 he better go to a juco..

And not to beat a dead horse... this was never about his desire to play at OM or his love for Oxford or having to play for Tbuck..

ShotgunDawg
06-03-2020, 04:15 PM
if he wants to play in 2020 he better go to a juco..

And not to beat a dead horse... this was never about his desire to play at OM or his love for Oxford or having to play for Tbuck..

Then what was it about?

msbulldog
06-03-2020, 05:54 PM
Then what was it about?

Damn Gun, what is always about with Mississippi.

StateDawg44
06-03-2020, 09:03 PM
Damn Gun, what is always about with Mississippi.

https://media.giphy.com/media/SEp6Zq6ZkzUNW/giphy.gif