PDA

View Full Version : Lovett To Florida State

ShotgunDawg
05-29-2020, 10:10 PM
Gotta admit, this kind of warms my heart.

Now, it?ll be interesting to see what happens with JJ

ShotgunDawg
05-29-2020, 10:21 PM
In related but not related news, Jarrian Jones has removed all Ole Miss stuff from his twitter account

https://twitter.com/JarrianJones

BeardoMSU
05-29-2020, 10:24 PM
In related but not related news, Jarrian Jones has removed all Ole Miss stuff from his twitter account

https://twitter.com/JarrianJones

Like a twist of rotten silk*

ShotgunDawg
05-29-2020, 10:25 PM
Jarrian Jones just got a Florida State crystal ball

Just a sad situation. A kid with no one in his life that has his best interest at heart.

Just terribly sad.

Ole Miss boosters getting involved now a kid going to school 8 hours from home.

Congrats! It's for the kids right?

BeardoMSU
05-29-2020, 10:29 PM
Jarrian Jones just got a Florida State crystal ball

Just a sad situation. A kid with no one in his life that has his best interest at heart.

Just terribly sad.

Lol at OM, tho. Neal did a victory lap re: his "prediction" last week they'd both end up at OM.

ShotgunDawg
05-29-2020, 10:31 PM
Lol at OM, tho. Neal did a victory lap re: his "prediction" last week they'd both end up at OM.

Yeah, LOL at them, but Jarrian needs a new support group.

Whoever is supporting & advising him are dumbasses & don't have his best interest at heart.

Guy left a starting SEC position to transfer to a new school 8 hours away where he may have to sit out a year?

Why? What idiot choosingly does that?

ZedFedder
05-29-2020, 10:32 PM
Really sad all the way around. Lovett, it’s whatever. Seems like Jarrian Jones got bad info, listened to the wrong people, and made a quick decision before knowing all the facts. Now, his whole future is changed.

Or maybe Ole Miss got caught with hard evidence and are telling him not to come.

ShotgunDawg
05-29-2020, 10:35 PM
Really sad all the way around. Lovett, it’s whatever. Seems like Jarrian Jones got bad info, listened to the wrong people, and made a quick decision before knowing all the facts. Now, his whole future is changed.

Or maybe Ole Miss got caught with hard evidence and are telling him not to come.

Either way, he was advised by a group of idiots that don't have his best interest at heart. I don't know who they are both those people need to be exposed as idiots.

ZedFedder
05-29-2020, 10:38 PM
It’s really sad because he really seemed to be all dawg. Still, I don’t think he can blame anyone but himself.

maroonmania
05-29-2020, 10:39 PM
Either way, he was advised by a group of idiots that don't have his best interest at heart. I don't know who they are both those people need to be exposed as idiots.

True, but the irritating part is that whether JJ is allowed to go to OM or not, the OM douchebags still accomplished getting him off our roster by breaking tampering rules. Apparently, even if we have hard evidence on it, the only consequence they face for that is not being able to sign him themselves. They can still take pleasure in weakening our roster going forward.

ShotgunDawg
05-29-2020, 10:45 PM
It’s really sad because he really seemed to be all dawg. Still, I don’t think he can blame anyone but himself.

He wasn't all Dawg. He just always told you that because he felt he needed to. Kid is all about himself & people like that usually seek advice from others just like them. He sought advice from people just like him that are all about themselves & had an agenda.

Now the kid is the only one that has to pay for it while those people with the agenda will at least get to brag that they hurt MSU.

ShotgunDawg
05-29-2020, 10:49 PM
True, but the irritating part is that whether JJ is allowed to go to OM or not, the OM douchebags still accomplished getting him off our roster by breaking tampering rules. Apparently, even if we have hard evidence on it, the only consequence they face for that is not being able to sign him themselves. They can still take pleasure in weakening our roster going forward.

A little, but at least them not being able to go to OM may prevent them from doing it in the future.

It sucks a little, but our program wasn't resting two bad apples

Hambone
05-29-2020, 11:07 PM
You give them too much credit to think this will deter them.

They will go back to the drawing board and figure out new ways to poach players.

I was secretly hoping Jarrion was pulling a Leo Lewis and getting some good dirt on them. Something could still come about this, although I don’t know if it will ever come to anything.

HoopsDawg
05-29-2020, 11:15 PM
This seems like the SEC stepped in. If so, small win for Cohen.

msu15
05-30-2020, 12:32 AM
Hahahhahahhahahah

Todd4State
05-30-2020, 12:50 AM

It's hard to claim immediate eligibility because of a "racist" tweet. And then go to Ole Miss.

Cooterpoot
05-30-2020, 02:31 AM
When you party with the wrong people, you pay the price of doing so.

Irondawg
05-30-2020, 07:23 AM
Sometimes getting 8 hours away is a good thing for kids. I don’t want to wish anyone ill will so I hope they both make the most of their new situation and just glad it appears it won’t be OM for either.

Downside is we already have Oregon gaining a foothold in MS and AL and looks like FSU is going to try and ramp that up as well.

Todd4State
05-30-2020, 07:36 AM

This wouldn't surprise me. Remember the toxic rivalry stuff that Sankey wanted to stop a year or so ago? Cohen May have pointed to this with whatever evidence we had and that combined with Elijah Moore pissing in our end zone may have given Cohen enough ammo to get something done.

confucius say
05-30-2020, 09:06 AM
This wouldn't surprise me. Remember the toxic rivalry stuff that Sankey wanted to stop a year or so ago? Cohen May have pointed to this with whatever evidence we had and that combined with Elijah Moore pissing in our end zone may have given Cohen enough ammo to get something done.

Smn def happened. Obviously Jones wants to go to OM. If he doesn't, that tells you smn is up.

Tougher call with whether Lovetts first choice was OM. It's close to home, is DL coach is there, and he has friends there. But his dad wanted him out of state two years ago and he's tweeted in the past about getting out of MS. I don't think anybody or entity is stopping him from going to OM.

TrapGame
05-30-2020, 09:40 AM

I think Hoops and Todd may be on to something here. If so, I wonder how much of a warning to Sankey gave OM. OM started the "too toxic" bullshit. Now they're giddy over trying to steal two players. Sankey may have told them "I'm going to make sure this doesn't get too toxic."

Todd4State
05-30-2020, 09:58 AM
I think Hoops and Todd may be on to something here. If so, I wonder how much of a warning to Sankey gave OM. OM started the "too toxic" bullshit. Now they're giddy over trying to steal two players. Sankey may have told them "I'm going to make sure this doesn't get too toxic."

Interestingly enough- Rosebowl says today paraphrased "This isn't over yet".

Whatever that may mean.

KB21
05-30-2020, 10:05 AM
Interestingly enough- Rosebowl says today paraphrased "This isn't over yet".

Whatever that may mean.

If I had to guess, a certain coach that was involved in the tampering may be on thin ice.

The Federalist Engineer
05-30-2020, 10:07 AM
Really sad all the way around. Lovett, it?s whatever. Seems like Jarrian Jones got bad info, listened to the wrong people, and made a quick decision before knowing all the facts. Now, his whole future is changed.

I recall a 1-star recruit that Mullen had committed several years ago in Madison. OM got him to do a dramatic and public flip to OM....then they told the chump to Walk On. Cant remember the name and it doesn?t matter, ended up at Laffy or somewhere

KB21
05-30-2020, 10:08 AM
One thing I don't like about this is Florida State gaining a foothold and a presence in the state. That is a once elite program that is a sleeping giant right now. I don't know if Mike Norvell is the guy that will wake it, but I do know that I'd rather Florida State not have a presence in Mississippi.

Todd4State
05-30-2020, 05:40 PM
If I had to guess, a certain coach that was involved in the tampering may be on thin ice.

Reading between the lines if it's T-Buck that doesn't surprise me.

msu15
05-30-2020, 05:43 PM
I recall a 1-star recruit that Mullen had committed several years ago in Madison. OM got him to do a dramatic and public flip to OM....then they told the chump to Walk On. Cant remember the name and it doesn?t matter, ended up at Laffy or somewhere

Joe Price I think was his name, apart of that 2011 class circus with CJ Johnson, Tobias Singleton, Nick Brassell, Jermaine Whitehead etc.

confucius say
05-30-2020, 06:20 PM
Reading between the lines if it's T-Buck that doesn't surprise me.

Allegedly he was at the party. Don't know if true

Todd4State
05-30-2020, 07:55 PM
Joe Price I think was his name, apart of that 2011 class circus with CJ Johnson, Tobias Singleton, Nick Brassell, Jermaine Whitehead etc.

What really happened to Price was even worse. He was committed to us and had a chance to play in the SEC and the driver convinced him to go to Memphis instead. Bear in mind this was when Memphis was a one win team not the Cotton Bowl Mike Norvell Memphis. Price then ended up at Alcorn State. But hey! Whatever is best for the kids right?

msu15
05-30-2020, 09:37 PM
What really happened to Price was even worse. He was committed to us and had a chance to play in the SEC and the driver convinced him to go to Memphis instead. Bear in mind this was when Memphis was a one win team not the Cotton Bowl Mike Norvell Memphis. Price then ended up at Alcorn State. But hey! Whatever is best for the kids right?

Damn I had forgotten about the damn driver....

bulldawg28
05-31-2020, 04:40 AM

That 2011 situation was epic. I shake my head thinking about those kids throwing their careers away.

Hambone
05-31-2020, 07:44 AM
Has there ever been a bigger set of busts in MS recruiting? It really is shocking how not a single one panned out.

I have no doubt CJ would have had a better career had he come here.

basedog
05-31-2020, 07:50 AM
Has there ever been a bigger set of busts in MS recruiting? It really is shocking how not a single one panned out.

Iffy, he was average because of his ability, imo.

bulldawg28
05-31-2020, 09:13 AM

No doubt several of those players would be in the NFL had they come to MSU. The funny thing is they went to Ole Miss and starting the decline Ole Miss is still in.

Todd4State
06-01-2020, 02:28 AM
Iffy, he was average because of his ability, imo.

Leo Lewis before Leo Lewis. At least that's the kind of career I think he probably would have had at MSU.

Todd4State
06-01-2020, 02:35 AM
No doubt several of those players would be in the NFL had they come to MSU. The funny thing is they went to Ole Miss and starting the decline Ole Miss is still in.

I know that this is what if? But had they come to MSU....

Singleton and Brassell would have been on our 2014 team as seniors in an offense that fit them much better with Dak Prescott throwing to them. Singleton ended up in Jackson State and Brassell went to Canada and fell off the planet.

CJ Johnson would have been in much better shape and probably would have started at LB instead of being an overweight edge rusher.

Whitehead made it to the NFL. Of course he went to Auburn which is probably what saved his career. I'm guessing he would have started at safety or corner for us.

FISHDAWG
06-01-2020, 08:33 AM
I know that this is what if? But had they come to MSU....

Singleton and Brassell would have been on our 2014 team as seniors in an offense that fit them much better with Dak Prescott throwing to them. Singleton ended up in Jackson State and Brassell went to Canada and fell off the planet.

CJ Johnson would have been in much better shape and probably would have started at LB instead of being an overweight edge rusher.

Whitehead made it to the NFL. Of course he went to Auburn which is probably what saved his career. I'm guessing he would have started at safety or corner for us.

I remember Mullen targeting Whitehead when we threw for I forget how many TD's against him ... I laughed the whole game

Irondawg
06-01-2020, 09:34 AM
I can't say those guys would have fared any better at MSU - they had some personal problem. Loads of people told me Tobias really wasn't that great and Brassell and Whitehead had other issues

msu15
06-01-2020, 05:33 PM
I remember Mullen targeting Whitehead when we threw for I forget how many TD's against him ... I laughed the whole game

His first visit to Starkville in 2012 when we beat them, after one of the TD's Tyler and about half the offense got in his grille in the endzone. So awesome.