PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Football schedule

Maroonthirteen
05-27-2020, 06:42 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EY8iuLAXYAUHQk_?format=jpg&name=large

Maroonthirteen
05-27-2020, 06:47 AM
That's an awesome schedule poster.

Impressions..... we could go 4-0, 0-4 and 4-0.

There will be much social distancing at that Alabama a&m game.
College football can just go back to 11 games and give a late season bye week if these games continue to be scheduled.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-27-2020, 07:19 AM
5-0 then Bama and SEC officials bring us back into reality on CBS.

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2020, 07:40 AM
I'm surprised our corny marketing department didn't try to find a way to create a crappy slogan like "Moore Points" or "Moore Dawgs" on the poster.

HailStateSZN19
05-27-2020, 08:31 AM
I'm surprised our corny marketing department didn't try to find a way to create a crappy slogan like "Moore Points" or "Moore Dawgs" on the poster.

When your HC is Joe Moorhead who’s best HC experience is at Fordham, you have to try to get creative and do what you can to sell the man as your HC, i.e. coming up with silly slogans like “Moor Points”. Mike Leach doesn’t need a slogan. Mike Leach sells himself. You stick a picture of him on the poster and you’re good to go.

Maroonthirteen
05-27-2020, 08:49 AM
What's the deal with moving Bama up there schedule? I liked having Bama, Auburn and LSU spaced
out.

Pinto
05-27-2020, 09:19 AM
How many people will be dressed as a pirate for the Auburn game?

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2020, 09:22 AM
How many people will be dressed as a pirate for the Auburn game?

If we start off 4-0 that A&M game will be nuts

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-27-2020, 09:37 AM
Not saying we are going to win in Baton Rouge, but LSU is going to fall off big time from last year

Jack Lambert
05-27-2020, 10:24 AM
That's an awesome schedule poster.

Impressions..... we could go 4-0, 0-4 and 4-0.

There will be much social distancing at that Alabama a&m game.
College football can just go back to 11 games and give a late season bye week if these games continue to be scheduled.

I paid for seven home games. Damn it I better get seven home games.

Maroonthirteen
05-27-2020, 12:06 PM
I paid for seven home games. Damn it I better get seven home games.

You will get 6 games and 1 exhibition with 20,000 of your closest friends. Ha!

fishwater99
05-27-2020, 12:44 PM
Not saying we are going to win in Baton Rouge, but LSU is going to fall off big time from last year

Yep, they lost a bunch to the draft.

Jack Lambert
05-27-2020, 01:31 PM

I will be there with cowbell in hand.

Turfdawg67
05-27-2020, 01:43 PM

Or use a corny pirate avatar for a while...

StarkVegasSteve
05-27-2020, 02:06 PM
If we start off 4-0 that A&M game will be nuts

Start 4-0 and get ready for the hype machine to be into overdrive. We'll be Primetime on ESPN with probably SEC Nation with an outside shot at Gameday, although they'll probably go to Penn St @ Michigan. The sports media wants any chance to get a camera on Mike Leach and they would relish an opportunity to get him in primetime vs a name opponent. It would rival the A&M game from 14 in terms of hype.

Todd4State
05-27-2020, 09:11 PM

It will be interesting to see what MSU and other schools do if a school decides not to play football. If we played Mississippi Valley State or someone like that- would the NCAA allow that to count towards bowl eligibility?

I think the only game for us that is in jeopardy honestly would be New Mexico.

BuckyIsAB****
05-27-2020, 10:32 PM
5-0 then Bama and SEC officials bring us back into reality on CBS.

Tulane is a good team that won?t be a cakewalk. NC State will be competitive too especially at Raleigh. I think we *should win both but I won?t be shocked if we spilt

Jack Lambert
05-27-2020, 10:36 PM
It will be interesting to see what MSU and other schools do if a school decides not to play football. If we played Mississippi Valley State or someone like that- would the NCAA allow that to count towards bowl eligibility?

I think the only game for us that is in jeopardy honestly would be New Mexico.

I think anything is possible. I do believe there will be some schools not to field a team. I don't how much Tulane depends on football revenue but it is possible they be one of them.

MafiaDawg
05-28-2020, 01:19 PM
Why didn?t we put real players on the poster? We usually do.

BB30
05-28-2020, 01:32 PM
Not being a negative nancy but yall need to hold your horses on starting 4-0.

New scheme drastically different from anything we have ever run and a D that is largely unproven. I could see us at 4-0 or as bad as 2-2. We just don't know enough yet about this group. If we don't have any WRs step up it will be a rough year regardless of what the D does.

Jack Lambert
05-28-2020, 01:53 PM
I like the home and road mix. Only one set back to back road game. Last season just seemed weird. Didn't we go like four weeks with out a home game? That include bye week.

ShotgunDawg
05-28-2020, 01:58 PM
Not being a negative nancy but yall need to hold your horses on starting 4-0.

New scheme drastically different from anything we have ever run and a D that is largely unproven. I could see us at 4-0 or as bad as 2-2. We just don't know enough yet about this group. If we don't have any WRs step up it will be a rough year regardless of what the D does.

Is it OK if we get excited about the season?

Of course what you say is true, but, if it's fine with you, can we get excited about football & the possibilities?

We just don't know enough yet about this group.

yeah, no kidding. You don't say.....

If it's OK with you though, can we think & at least attempt to prognosticate about what may happen this year?

Only if it's fine with you. If not, we'll just shut down the message board & wait till we have more information

BeardoMSU
05-28-2020, 02:04 PM
Start 4-0 and get ready for the hype machine to be into overdrive. We'll be Primetime on ESPN with probably SEC Nation with an outside shot at Gameday, although they'll probably go to Penn St @ Michigan. The sports media wants any chance to get a camera on Mike Leach and they would relish an opportunity to get him in primetime vs a name opponent. It would rival the A&M game from 14 in terms of hype.

That would be fun.

A&M would be 4-0 too, though with wins over 4 cupcakes (Ark, included). We would've at least won on the road at N.C. State to get to 4-0. I'm sure A&M will be ranked preseason and would be bumped up to the low teens after starting 4-0. I'd be surprised if we were ranked at that point, but we might slip into the 20's somewhere.

msu15
05-28-2020, 02:40 PM
I like the home and road mix. Only one set back to back road game. Last season just seemed weird. Didn't we go like four weeks with out a home game? That include bye week.

Yea we played 1 game in 7 weeks(4 roads and 2 byes), and it was the first time that happened to a team since Army in the 1940's or something like that.

Coach34
05-28-2020, 07:28 PM
Playing Bama, LSU, and then Auburn in a row while following it with Mizzou and at Kentucky in mid-November? That could easily be an 0-5 stretch. What a rough schedule

confucius say
05-28-2020, 08:48 PM
So much is just dependent on kj. If he is a true first round guy as he is projected by some right now, then 8-4 is very possible even with an average defense.

Dak took an average defense with no RB and no nfl WR to 8-4 in 2015. That is the kind of elevation you get with a true first rounder at qb.

ShotgunDawg
05-28-2020, 08:53 PM
So much is just dependent on kj. If he is a true first round guy as he is projected by some right now, then 8-4 is very possible even with an average defense.

Dak took an average defense with no RB and no nfl WR to 8-4 in 2015. That is the kind of elevation you get with a true first rounder at qb.

This is correct.

If KJ ends up being a 1st round caliber QB, then we'll win 8 games or so. It's hard to be that good at QB along with having a good RB & what should a good OL, & not score a bunch of points.

We may be getting a break today in that it looks like the NCAA will allow a 6 week training camp.

With KJ missing the Spring, to get two extra weeks of training camp is really really big for us.

confucius say
05-28-2020, 09:43 PM
This is correct.

If KJ ends up being a 1st round caliber QB, then we'll win 8 games or so. It's hard to be that good at QB along with having a good RB & what should a good OL, & not score a bunch of points.

We may be getting a break today in that it looks like the NCAA will allow a 6 week training camp.

With KJ missing the Spring, to get two extra weeks of training camp is really really big for us.

Who are the 4 starting WR you think when go 10 personnel?

ShotgunDawg
05-28-2020, 09:47 PM
Who are the 4 starting WR you think when go 10 personnel?

Mitchell
Payton
Heath

Are the main three.

Between Williams, Ducking, a TE, & FR we've got to find one more.

Malik Heath really intrigues me. I've always thought he was super talented

At 6'3" 210, Heath is a big WR but has short steps & quick feet. That SHOULD make him a good route runner &, if he can do that, he's going to be really good.

I don't know if he has Guidry's speed, but he's way more physical & some burst. He looks to have more natural ability than Ross, Bear, etc.

I think he could absolutely kill. On film, he's the most talent WR we've had in years.

confucius say
05-28-2020, 09:48 PM
Mitchell
Payton
Heath

Are the main three.

Between Williams, Ducking, a TE, & FR we've got to find one more.

Malik Heath really intrigues me. I've always thought he was super talented

You think Payton moves inside to the slot or we put heath inside?

ShotgunDawg
05-28-2020, 09:53 PM

I move Heath around. I let him move around to find a matchup.

Really wish we had Teddy Knox this year. With Knox in the Slot with Mitchell, Heath, & Payton, you've got yourself a good WR corp. Maybe Tulu can develop quickly & do that.

Whatever Leach did with Michael Crabtree is what I'd do with Heath. What confuses me with Heath is his lack of production. I don't get it. When I watch him on video, he looks absolutely incredible. Like high round NFL incredible, but he didn't really perform that way in JUCO, so I'm confused

Captain Falcon
05-28-2020, 10:18 PM
I move Heath around. I let him move around to find a matchup.

Really wish we had Teddy Knox this year. With Knox in the Slot with Mitchell, Heath, & Payton, you've got yourself a good WR corp. Maybe Tulu can develop quickly & do that.

Whatever Leach did with Michael Crabtree is what I'd do with Heath. What confuses me with Heath is his lack of production. I don't get it. When I watch him on video, he looks absolutely incredible. Like high round NFL incredible, but he didn't really perform that way in JUCO, so I'm confused

Not saying Heath played in the wishbone in high school, but he’s going to have a heck of a lot more targets in the Air Raid than he’s ever had before.

KOdawg1
05-28-2020, 10:32 PM

Payton will move to the slot

Bothrops
05-28-2020, 10:56 PM
Playing Bama, LSU, and then Auburn in a row while following it with Mizzou and at Kentucky in mid-November? That could easily be an 0-5 stretch. What a rough schedule

The only way we go 0-5 there is if we have a Sirmonesque defense this year.

BB30
05-29-2020, 11:47 AM
Is it OK if we get excited about the season?

Of course what you say is true, but, if it's fine with you, can we get excited about football & the possibilities?

yeah, no kidding. You don't say.....

If it's OK with you though, can we think & at least attempt to prognosticate about what may happen this year?

Only if it's fine with you. If not, we'll just shut down the message board & wait till we have more information

By all means, just don't melt if we start 2-2....which of course you will.

Nothing wrong with getting excited. Hell, why stop at 4-0? Sorry you're so easily offended by other's opinions. After all aren't message boards for multiple opinions? Not just shotguns? and of course, if you disagree then shotgun is going to throw a little tantrum and let barry his 3rd personality come out.

Put Barry back in the box Shotgun. I was simply giving my opinion on the topic at hand, sorry to rustle your jimmies.

Coach34
05-29-2020, 05:47 PM
The only way we go 0-5 there is if we have a Sirmonesque defense this year.

Bama is Bama
LSU has more talent and we play in BR
Auburn has more talent but its at home and they are young in the trenches. We have a shot here
After that stretch- we play a Mizzou team with 19 starters returning that should be pretty good.
At Kentucky in the cold November weather wont be easy- and they should be pretty good this year with what they have returning.

We shouldnt be Sirmon bad on D- but we wont be anything resembling good. I'm hoping for an average D.

confucius say
05-29-2020, 06:12 PM
Who is Mizzou qb and is he any good?

confucius say
05-29-2020, 06:38 PM
Bama is Bama
LSU has more talent and we play in BR
Auburn has more talent but its at home and they are young in the trenches. We have a shot here
After that stretch- we play a Mizzou team with 19 starters returning that should be pretty good.
At Kentucky in the cold November weather wont be easy- and they should be pretty good this year with what they have returning.

We shouldnt be Sirmon bad on D- but we wont be anything resembling good. I'm hoping for an average D.

19? For Mizzou? Where did you see that? I'm seeing 10.

Coach34
05-29-2020, 07:12 PM
19? For Mizzou? Where did you see that? I'm seeing 10.

Was something I Read a few months ago. 247 is saying 13 starters returning. I apologize was the bad info

confucius say
05-29-2020, 07:29 PM
Was something I Read a few months ago. 247 is saying 13 starters returning. I apologize was the bad info

All good. What you think about drinkwitz? I know he is a Gus protege, you think he will be about like Gus or better?

Coach34
05-29-2020, 09:37 PM
He's been a good coach- I expect him to do a solid job at Mizzou also. Should be a good one against them this Fall