PDA

View Full Version : From the Rumor Mill (just for fun)

was21
11-04-2013, 01:49 PM
With his team at 4-4, the heat on Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen is rising. The Bulldogs could easily lose three of their remaining four games ? and even the Arkansas game could be considered a toss-up.

Mullen is in danger of losing his job, but some believe he might be working on an exit strategy?

His name has surfaced as a potential candidate to replace the fred Paul Pasqualoni at UConn.

Former Arkansas and Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt is also interested in the job.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Honestly, I am a Mullen supporter, but this may be the best possible outcome.

We don't have to pay a buyout, Mullen career isn't ruined, Mullen can come back and get cheered someday, and we get Hud.

I honestly would have no problem with this happening.

BeastMan
11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
It would be a lateral move at absolute best but how close can they come to matching pay?? Reason I ask is that it would look bad for a guy to be willing to leave for a sizeable pay cut.

SignalToNoise
11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Looks like something lifted off a blog or website.

You wanna share the source link?

ckDOG
11-04-2013, 02:03 PM
It would be a lateral move at absolute best but how close can they come to matching pay?? Reason I ask is that it would look bad for a guy to be willing to leave for a sizeable pay cut.

It certainly wouldn't look great, but at least he's from that area, so that explains a great deal of making that move.

was21
11-04-2013, 02:05 PM
I cited the source: The Rumor Mill.com or whatever

was21
11-04-2013, 02:06 PM
I agree that it would be a win/win IF Dan is ready to go. I'm a Mullen supporter also.

angusyoung
11-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Only at MSU would the head coach voluntarily quit to go to UCONN.

thedawg
11-04-2013, 02:14 PM
There are some legs to this. Not saying its going to happen but there are some behind the scenes movings

TrapGame
11-04-2013, 02:14 PM
I like Mullen but would not be surprised even if we make it 6-6 that he takes the UCONN job. Something has been really wrong with Mullen since the 2011 LSU game.

BeastMan
11-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Mullen may be a good fit for UConn. Turn them around and he could land a "bigger" opportunity. Very interesting scenario

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-04-2013, 02:20 PM
haha I hope someone isn't "hearing from their sources" on the ****ing SecRant.
http://www.secrant.com/rant/p/45916153/Would-Merlins-bolt-for-UCONN.aspx

was21
11-04-2013, 02:22 PM
I don't know if the UCONN program should be "dissed." I mean it ain't the SEC but they're in the AAC and it looks like it will be a fairly solid conference. Hell, Dan would get to go against Tubberville and I believe Dan could win big in that conference. At the same time, I'm not trying to run him off.

EngineerDawg
11-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Word on the skreet is Nussmeier is already being considered for an SEC HC position. I wonder which one?

hacker
11-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Word on the skreet is Nussmeier is already being considered for an SEC HC position. I wonder which one?

yay, another "yankee" OC with limited experience

CadaverDawg
11-04-2013, 02:29 PM

God I hope it's not us. Just what we need is another OC that can only win big when he out talents you at every position. Bring Alabama's offense to MSU and you get....well....Sylvester Croom.

biscuit
11-04-2013, 02:35 PM
I like Hud and all, but what make us so sure he wants this job?

was21
11-04-2013, 02:37 PM
As stated above: coachesrumormill.com

DawgsBite34
11-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Honestly, I am a Mullen supporter, but this may be the best possible outcome.

We don't have to pay a buyout, Mullen career isn't ruined, Mullen can come back and get cheered someday, and we get Hud.

I honestly would have no problem with this happening.

And if we ever do play him again we should run a QB sweep with our pocket passer fresh off a concussion with no pitch option on 3rd and 8 just for shits and giggles, should bring back memories for Danny Two Gloves

engie
11-04-2013, 03:32 PM
I like Hud and all, but what make us so sure he wants this job?

http://djournal.com/sports/opinion-msus-hudspeth-finally-getting-his-shot-in-starkville/

What has changed?

DawgsBite34
11-04-2013, 03:35 PM
http://djournal.com/sports/opinion-msus-hudspeth-finally-getting-his-shot-in-starkville/

What has changed?

#HailHudspeth SOLID GOLD

Bothrops
11-04-2013, 03:44 PM

Not a lateral move, not even close. Still a good job though.

EngineerDawg
11-04-2013, 03:44 PM
reiterates many viewpoints of those on this board.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2013/dan-mullen-future-miss-state/

Todd4State
11-04-2013, 06:53 PM

I would imagine that there is plenty of money in Connecticut. Just going on what I know about the state in general. Or at least the stereotype.

Todd4State
11-04-2013, 06:57 PM
And let's not forget- if a coach wants to leave somewhere on his own and really wants another job, sometimes the buy out can be waived. That pretty much happened when we hired Cohen from Kentucky with the stipulation being that Cohen wouldn't take any UK assistants or UK recruits with him to MSU.

Scott may very well say- OK, well Dan you really want to take the UConn job and be close to home? OK- you have our blessing.

Dannyripms
11-04-2013, 08:07 PM
I gotta say that's what I really would like to happen. I appreciate what dan has done for us and wish the best for him and his family. I hope he takes that job so hopefully there won't be any hard feelings.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
11-05-2013, 10:06 AM
I feel the same way. My memory isn't so short that I don't remember sitting and watching 3-2, or 45-0 in Oxford. I appreciate Dan for creating some excitement and if he leaves I hope it's a clean, mutual break with no hard feelings. Overall Dan has done a very respectable job with what he was handed (low budget, tough scheduling other than 2012, idiot compliance officer, bragging boosters, etc.).

I'm still on a wait-and-see basis on whether I want him gone though. He goes 2-2, or possibly a respectable hard-fought 1-3, I think he deserves another year. Had we held on to the Auburn game, these discussions wouldn't really even be coming up. And if 10 seconds of a road loss to a team now ranked in the top 10 can sway that many people, I don't know that he deserves to be let go just yet. Anybody that's been a State fan long enough knows that we don't usually get the breaks in those type games. Plus I don't know that coaching is our biggest problem, or even one of our top 2 or 3 biggest problems.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-05-2013, 10:28 AM
I could honestly see Mullen looking for other options just based off the fact the he has kids and here pretty soon, they'll be enrolling in school. Let's be honest, Starkville nor Mississippi are the best places for education.

justinrsutton
11-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Here is a link to the original post:
http://footballrumormill.com/2013/11/04/rumor-mill-college-football-coaching-news-rumors-monday-nov-4/

Here are a few late night thoughts about the rumor : http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2013/11/5/5067718/Dan-mullen-coaching-rumors-Uconn-huskies-mississippi-state-bulldogs-fired-hudspeth