PDA

View Full Version : OT: Zero Turn Drive Tires

NWADAWG
05-25-2020, 05:25 PM
Have to replace tires on the ZTR. Has anyone tried replacing with same size ATV tires with more aggressive tread?

TUSK
05-25-2020, 07:08 PM
What, specifically, is the terrain upon which you are clippin'?

it level lawn, fields, etc....?

NWADAWG
05-25-2020, 07:35 PM
What, specifically, is the terrain upon which you are clippin'?

it level lawn, fields, etc....?

It's my yard, relatively level, 2 1/2 acres of mixed bermuda, crab, dandilion, etc. It try to mow it at least once a week so it looks good but it is definitely not a manicured neighborhood sodded lawn. Parts of it stay fairly wet and my turf savers struggle to get me through anything.

I'm looking at these - Carlisle Knobby ATV Tire - 18X9.50-8. I tried to post a pic but couldn't get it to work. Not too aggressive but much more than typical mower tires.

MCsMGs
05-25-2020, 08:46 PM
A more aggressive tire is gonna chew up a lot of grass when you turn...

Dawgbite
05-25-2020, 09:02 PM
I have a friend that put a really low chevron type tire on his Exmark because he mows around a lake, he had to go back to the stock tires because they ate his yard up so bad.

dawgoneyall
05-25-2020, 09:55 PM
It's my yard, relatively level, 2 1/2 acres of mixed bermuda, crab, dandilion, etc. It try to mow it at least once a week so it looks good but it is definitely not a manicured neighborhood sodded lawn. Parts of it stay fairly wet and my turf savers struggle to get me through anything.

I'm looking at these - Carlisle Knobby ATV Tire - 18X9.50-8. I tried to post a pic but couldn't get it to work. Not too aggressive but much more than typical mower tires.

Get a sprayer and apply 2-4-D early and MSMA a couple to three times during year....and then you will not have to mow as often.

Lord McBuckethead
05-26-2020, 08:51 AM
Don't know, but I did just buy my first zero turn for my 3/4 acre yard. I really don't care if you have only a .25 acre, anyone without a zero turn is a sucker.