PDA

View Full Version : Time to File Tampering Charges

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 09:45 AM
Sorry it's not about the kids.

It's about MSU protecting it's program. With JJ committing to Ole Miss in about 20 min, MSU has to step up and make an example to prevent this from happening again, again, and again.

This isn't about JJ, it's about protecting the MSU program from blatant tampering and cheating

This will only embolden them and we'll consistently have to fight for every player on our team that ain't getting enough love or wants a hand out.

JJ should never play at Ole Miss and will undoubtedly go down as the worst teammate in MSU history.

Time to fight Cohen. If you lay down here you aren't protecting the future of MSU football.

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 09:55 AM

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 09:59 AM
BTW, it's amazing how often the 247 crew has awful sources with team news.

They do pretty with recruiting, but some reason, when comes to team news, they are almost 100% wrong with their initial reporting.

msstate7
05-23-2020, 10:01 AM
BTW, it's amazing how often the 247 crew has awful sources with team news.

They do pretty with recruiting, but some reason, when comes to team news, they are almost 100% wrong with their initial reporting.

Meh... I'm hardly a 247 apologist, but who knows how a kid like this will feel the next morning... hell, next hour

confucius say
05-23-2020, 10:02 AM
Finally. Thank goodness. Don't need that drama.

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 10:02 AM
Meh... I'm hardly a 247 apologist, but who knows how a kid like this will feel the next morning... hell, next hour

True, but they were way off on the Reese stuff as well.

Again, they are good with recruiting, but when it comes to team news, they get lied to consistently

R2Dawg
05-23-2020, 10:03 AM

Nice by Rod Gibson and true. We don't need characters, we need players with character.

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 10:03 AM
Finally. Thank goodness. Don't need that drama.

Agree, but we also don't need Ole Miss attempting to poach half our roster.

We've got to fight back or it'll be open season. A message must be sent

confucius say
05-23-2020, 10:04 AM
Agree, but we also don't need Ole Miss attempting to poach half our roster.

We've got to fight back or it'll be open season. A message must be sent

I hear ya.

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 10:06 AM
That being said, Jones virtually assured himself of never playing in the NFL today.

Kids like this don't make it.

MSU has to fight back to preserve the program

ZedFedder
05-23-2020, 10:08 AM
This could be a detriment to morale, but maybe it will galvanize our guys. I think we have enough leaders who will handle this correctly. If he was that flippant, then get out.

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 10:10 AM
This could be a detriment to morale, but maybe it will galvanize our guys. I think we have enough leaders who will handle this correctly. If he was that flippant, then get out.

Agree. We still must go after Ole Miss with everything we got. You can't allow this to go unchallenged. It's already an embarrassment & not fighting it will only lead to more embarrassments.

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 10:26 AM
Kylin Hill offers his opinion on Jones

msbulldog
05-23-2020, 10:43 AM
For all we know CML could have told him 'SeeYa'. Hail State!

AlSwearengen
05-23-2020, 10:43 AM
Kylin Hill offers his opinion on Jones

Funny. That was the impression that I got from the kid. He definitely doesn’t look like a safety or have that demeanor. Definitely a wr.

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 10:58 AM
Looking foward:

- I hate to lose the talent, but the reality is that the talent will never be a good football player because good football players don't behave like this. There is a difference. I am disappointed that we lost the talent & that the talent couldn't get his head screwed on correctly, but with a head case, the talent was never going to be a quality player due to lack of maturity. We've had a bad break of it lately with Jones, Lovett, & Charles Moore all being head cases. That's a lot of talent that isn't playing for MSU because they were losers mentally

- Ole Miss can't win because they attract players like Jarrian Jones. Again, it's not about the talent. When you accumulate an inordinate amount of players with this mentality, you simply have no chance of putting together a winning program. At MSU we've never won or thrived with these types. It just sucks that Jarrian turned out to be this type.

- MSU has to get back to the blue collar way of playing that we won with under Mullen. It take talent for sure, but the blue collar mentality has to set the pace. Hopefully this gets us closer to that goal.

- Hopefully Leach & his staff have gotten a wakeup call. You have to fight back & can take nothing for granted.

- In the end, this situation overall sucks because, due to these shenanigans, MSU becomes a tough place to coach. Don't think for a minute that part of the reason Dan wanted out wasn't because dealing with Ole Miss day in & day out becomes miserable. It has to wear on you to constantly have to deal the shenanigans of a crappy program against you

TNDawg35
05-23-2020, 11:05 AM
How you gonna make ANOTHER threade and then literally answer your own questions?

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 11:15 AM
How you gonna make ANOTHER threade and then literally answer your own questions?

I'll just add to this one

Jack Lambert
05-23-2020, 11:21 AM
This might be bad grapes but I saw him running behind open receivers too many times last season. He played because of suspension. JWS said you are gambling when you let Freshmen play. They can easily get their spirit borken. I don't think he is going to be any better at OLe MIss or where ever he goes.

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 11:24 AM
This might be bad grapes but I saw him running behind open receivers too many times last season. He played because of suspension. JWS said you are gambling when you let Freshmen play. They can easily get their spirit borken. I don't think he is going to be any better at OLe MIss or where ever he goes.

I think there is less than a 20% he ends being anything more than an average SEC starter, which we can easily replace. That has little to do with his talent & mostly to do with the fact that guys like this simply don't pan out.

If you disagree with that statement, name some that have? Guys with problems during the recruiting process & that do something like this just don't pan out.

My guess is that JJ doesn't love football & transferred to be with his buddies more than to play football.

Dawgfan77
05-23-2020, 11:33 AM
Y'all do realize this is the best thing for us and it's going to be very bad for OM.

Get your popcorn

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 11:49 AM
Y'all do realize this is the best thing for us and it's going to be very bad for OM.

Get your popcorn

Hopefully

trojandawg
05-23-2020, 11:56 AM
Do we suspect T Buc had anything to do with the tampering?

BeardoMSU
05-23-2020, 12:05 PM
it's going to be very bad for OM.

Get your popcorn

Lol, doubtful.

Dawgfan77
05-23-2020, 12:10 PM
Let's just say that shall we say encouraged the move.....

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 12:22 PM
Let's just say that shall we say encouraged the move.....

Sure.

We encouraged him to OM?

nsvltndog
05-23-2020, 12:26 PM
Hope Leach throws about 50 passes in his direction over the next few years. Film doesnt lie. We wont regret the transfer if we attack him on the field. Over time he will get better but Leach should make it a mission to burn his ass.

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 12:40 PM
Hopefully we'll go sign a more productive transfer

Leroy Jenkins
05-23-2020, 01:01 PM
Funny. That was the impression that I got from the kid. He definitely doesn?t look like a safety or have that demeanor. Definitely a wr.

Soft as grandma's titties.

TALL DAWG
05-23-2020, 01:28 PM
Hopefully we'll go sign a more productive transfer

Shotgun Dawg, back WAY away from the ledge friend!
It?s going 2B ok! Grab some Blue Moons with orange
slices and chill.

Homedawg
05-23-2020, 02:12 PM
For all we know CML could have told him 'SeeYa'. Hail State!

He might not have cared. But our staff tried to get him to stay. Don't think they didn't. That's a fact.

Homedawg
05-23-2020, 02:14 PM

Get your popcorn

No it isn't

dawgday166
05-23-2020, 02:17 PM
No it isn't

Depends on the "why" behind him leaving. Do you know the "why"?

Homedawg
05-23-2020, 02:24 PM
We just need to let the kid do what he wants to to do and move on......

dawgday166
05-23-2020, 02:26 PM

I agree with that in all cases. We been the beneficiaries of some transfers and now we have some transferring out. If they don't wanna play for Leach and his staff ... they just need to move on. I believe we'll be ok.

Todd4State
05-23-2020, 02:32 PM

I would agree except if there was tampering MSU needs to stand up for themselves if that's the case because if we don't we will have to continue to deal with this.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-23-2020, 02:33 PM
Sorry it's not about the kids.

It's about MSU protecting it's program. With JJ committing to Ole Miss in about 20 min, MSU has to step up and make an example to prevent this from happening again, again, and again.

This isn't about JJ, it's about protecting the MSU program from blatant tampering and cheating

This will only embolden them and we'll consistently have to fight for every player on our team that ain't getting enough love or wants a hand out.

JJ should never play at Ole Miss and will undoubtedly go down as the worst teammate in MSU history.

Time to fight Cohen. If you lay down here you aren't protecting the future of MSU football.
Cohen isn?t going to do anything.

Homedawg
05-23-2020, 02:35 PM
I would agree except if there was tampering MSU needs to stand up for themselves if that's the case because if we don't we will have to continue to deal with this.

There is zero way to prove tampering In this case. We can notify the league office and move on.....Beating our chest and jumping up and down just brings more attention to us. Doesn't solve anything, no matter how many threads gun starts.....

Todd4State
05-23-2020, 02:42 PM
There is zero way to prove tampering In this case. We can notify the league office and move on.....Beating our chest and jumping up and down just brings more attention to us. Doesn't solve anything, no matter how many threads gun starts.....

That's never going to work because they're going to keep doing this every offseason. We have to do something. Tell our players that they are not allowed to work out at D1 at the very least.

You know Ole Miss wouldn't allow us to do the same thing to Ealy.

Dawgfan77
05-23-2020, 02:44 PM

You don't really know what all has transpired. I will say this we arnt poor Ol state any longer. We have put our marbles on the tables. We are playing chess and they are playing checkers here. This is far from over.
Be on the look out for more information to follow this week.

Lance Harbor
05-23-2020, 03:01 PM
BAhahahaahahaha.

Maroonthirteen
05-23-2020, 03:04 PM
This is the Miss State mentality that has to go.

https://twitter.com/camdantzler3/status/1264212621240213509?s=21

Hambone
05-23-2020, 03:05 PM
You don't really know what all has transpired. I will say this we arnt poor Ol state any longer. We have put our marbles on the tables. We are playing chess and they are playing checkers here. This is far from over.

Just picked up my microwave popcorn!

Todd4State
05-23-2020, 03:08 PM

Yep. We got rid of the right players.

Cooterpoot
05-23-2020, 03:14 PM
You guys holding out for State to "do something" are going to be disappointed. We folded that tent up and went home.

dawgday166
05-23-2020, 03:19 PM
You guys holding out for State to "do something" are going to be disappointed. We folded that tent up and went home.

Yep ... figured as much. What we gonna do? Sankey ain't doing shit unless it's Bama & Saban bitches about something and NCAA won't either.

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 03:19 PM

You have to protect the program though if you don't want it to keep happening.

You can let the kid move on while also fighting against whatever happened to create this situation.

Two entirely different things

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 03:22 PM

Yeah, he quit on his team as well.

There was an entire culture of entitlement at MSU that has to be gone.

the good news is that Leach will starting getting his guys soon.

Homedawg
05-23-2020, 04:00 PM

Yeah. I'm clueless. I don't ever know much.... I'll leave it to you to tell everyone all the facts. I'm just internet rumor boy. Who by the way said, he was either going to oxford or staying here. While half the board said there was 0 percent chance he goes to ole miss including the dude who started this thread. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest w you or anyone. My record stands on it's own. Have fun.

R2Dawg
05-23-2020, 04:04 PM

Dantzler may be a great player but he obviously doesn't get it.

bulldawg28
05-23-2020, 04:20 PM
Let that clown go! He'll be forgotten in 2 months when the season kicks off. He's not an all SEC talent/mentality player in the secondary so good riddance. This will also kill their team continuity if he starts immediately. Players there will not be happy and it will cause the same favoritism rift Moorehead caused bringing his guys over current players.

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 04:24 PM
Let that clown go! He'll be forgotten in 2 months when the season kicks off. He's not an all SEC talent/mentality player in the secondary so good riddance.

How many times must I say it?

It has nothing to do with JJ and everything to do with protecting the program and preventing future tampering.

Stop spewing garbage and think about the bigger picture here.

Todd4State
05-23-2020, 04:34 PM

It has nothing to do with JJ and everything to do with protecting the program and preventing future tampering.

Well if you're talking bigger picture....

I wouldn't be surprised if this unites our team based on most of the responses on Twitter from the players.

Todd4State
05-23-2020, 04:34 PM

And that's why this keeps happening to us.

And also why we don't appear to be serious in football. I know some are not going to like to hear that but either we stand up for ourselves or start fighting fire with fire.

Saltydog
05-23-2020, 04:42 PM
I thought JoMo was the chessmaster? Everyone said "he was playing chess, blah, blah, blah"...?...Hell, he couldn't play tiddly winks, much less chess...?...None of this will go anywhere......I just don't see how you prove it...

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 04:54 PM
Well if you're talking bigger picture....

I wouldn't be surprised if this unites our team based on most of the responses on Twitter from the players.

We'll see.

Either way, in 2 years, Leach will be ready to win big & these players won't factor in at all.

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 04:58 PM
I thought JoMo was the chessmaster? Everyone said "he was playing chess, blah, blah, blah"...?...Hell, he couldn't play tiddly winks, much less chess...?...None of this will go anywhere......I just don't see how you prove it...

Joe pumped kids full of hot air.

You know why Mullen was a crappy recruiter? because he told kids the truth & while that may have prevented us from getting some guys, it made sure that the guys we did get were DAWGs & our NFL production proves that.

Ole Miss can't win by attracting the type of players they attract. In reality Jones was an Ole Miss type kid the entire time.

Sadly, we need more Mississippi kids to be MSU types. I fear those are becoming fewer & far between.

Alabama gets MSU type guys, not Ole Miss guy. Don't kid yourself. The kids that go to Alabama are going to their compete their ass & know what is ahead of them. You win with those types. Not the Jones types.

Tennessee & Texas have been getting the Ole Miss types & you can't win with those types of kids. You never will

Jacksondevildog
05-23-2020, 05:03 PM
This is about as spot on of a post that you will read here. It will all even itself out. We had major locker room issues last year. You could see that on the field. The only issue with this right now is perception. We look weak to the media who doesn?t know its head from its ass and we will always be fighting for respect nationally. If we have players contemplating transferring to our rival, you don?t want that guy in the locker room. It may hurt us in the short term, but in the long run, it will make the team and program better.

Joe pumped kids full of hot air.

You know why Mullen was a crappy recruiter? because he told kids the truth & while that may have prevented us from getting some guys, it made sure that the guys we did get were DAWGs & our NFL production proves that.

Ole Miss can't win by attracting the type of players they attract. In reality Jones was an Ole Miss type kid the entire time.

Sadly, we need more Mississippi kids to be MSU types. I fear those are becoming fewer & far between.

Alabama gets MSU type guys, not Ole Miss guy. Don't kid yourself. The kids that go to Alabama are going to their compete their ass & know what is ahead of them. You win with those types. Not the Jones types.

Tennessee & Texas have been getting the Ole Miss types & you can't win with those types of kids. You never will

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 05:09 PM
This is about as spot on of a post that you will read here. It will all even itself out. We had major locker room issues last year. You could see that on the field. The only issue with this right now is perception. We look weak to the media who doesn?t know its head from its ass and we will always be fighting for respect nationally. If we have players contemplating transferring to our rival, you don?t want that guy in the locker room. It may hurt us in the short term, but in the long run, it will make the team and program better.

It only hurts us in the short term if the player that transfers would've not been a locker room problem or cancer.

Jacksondevildog
05-23-2020, 05:17 PM
Totally agree, but as it seems now, the ones that have left have been an issue through their recruitment or attitude once on campus. I also know something about Lovett that is rumored and you don?t want that on your team. I?m not going to bash the player here, but I?ll leave it with that. Both are good talents, but if they are not pulling on the rope in the same direction or more focused on their social media presence, there will be issues. You can say that social media is an issue with our players, but that?s nationally. If they stay here and compete hard, it?s not a big problem. It?s just something the coaches are always having to keep an eye on and addressing.

It only hurts us in the short term if the player that transfers would've not been a locker room problem or cancer.

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 05:26 PM
Totally agree, but as it seems now, the ones that have left have been an issue through their recruitment or attitude once on campus. I also know something about Lovett that is rumored and you don?t want that on your team. I?m not going to bash the player here, but I?ll leave it with that. Both are good talents, but if they are not pulling on the rope in the same direction or more focused on their social media presence, there will be issues. You can say that social media is an issue with our players, but that?s nationally. If they stay here and compete hard, it?s not a big problem. It?s just something the coaches are always having to keep an eye on and addressing.

Lovett is rumored to be the player that texted the coach after a workout to see if they could talk about the new workouts, but the coach responded, "no need for a meeting. You're either all in or all out"

Homedawg
05-23-2020, 05:26 PM

And also why we don't appear to be serious in football. I know some are not going to like to hear that but either we stand up for ourselves or start fighting fire with fire.

What are we supposed to do?? Honestly. Answer what we should do.

bulldawg28
05-23-2020, 05:27 PM

You're also a clown with no clue. There is absolutely nothing MSU could do to stop this. Transferring to whomever will accept him is legal. I'm sorry ole miss has you up at night. No one cares he's gone but you.

Todd4State
05-23-2020, 05:32 PM

Turn them in to the NCAA. If we have the evidence that we allegedly do, use it.

Make it known that D1 steers players to Ole Miss and doesn't have players best interests. Promote using the Baptist Healthplex in Madison for training.

Also have Leach and Arnett do clinics at the Healthplex on the Air Raid and 3-3-5 defense.

R2Dawg
05-23-2020, 05:33 PM
Do we suspect T Buc had anything to do with the tampering?

Of course he did. He never quick recruiting the same kids when he left. T Buck has been known to keep recruiting players long after they have went another direction as I am sure a lot of guys do. We know Mullen did, does.

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 05:34 PM
Transferring to whomever will accept him is legal.

This simply isn't true. A flat lie

Homedawg
05-23-2020, 05:35 PM

Don't know how that became a duplicate. Sorry

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 05:36 PM

Turn them in & prevent him from being able to attend Ole Miss.

It has nothing to do with JJ & everything to sent a message tampering like this isn't tolerated.

That or just blatantly recruited one of their players to our team.

Once Corral starts over Plumlee this season, we should go all in on recruiting Plumlee to MSU to catch 50 passes

Homedawg
05-23-2020, 05:40 PM
Turn them in to the NCAA. If we have the evidence that we allegedly do, use it.

Make it known that D1 steers players to Ole Miss and doesn't have players best interests. Promote using the Baptist Healthplex in Madison for training.
#1 how do you KNOW they did something wrong. It's not what you think it's what you can prove. And yes I'm sure they weren't all legal I'm not stupid. #2 last time we did that and jumped the league w the cam situation, the sec crucified us. Therefore we did what we should and let the league know. Nothing is going to happen. As far as d1 nothin illegal about them telling players where they "think" they should go. Whether that's here or at ole miss. If anyone can prove they are doing something then great. Problem is nobody can. It's not that simple. I get it, people want them to pay for illegal activities, bit remember throwing rocks in a glass house gets everyone's windows broken.

Homedawg
05-23-2020, 05:42 PM
Turn them in & prevent him from being able to attend Ole Miss.

It has nothing to do with JJ & everything to sent a message tampering like this isn't tolerated.

That or just blatantly recruited one of their players to our team.

Once Corral starts over Plumlee this season, we should go all in on recruiting Plumlee to MSU to catch 50 passes

Turn them in. Great. We contacted the league. You clearly don't understand how this shit works. None of it.

Homedawg
05-23-2020, 05:42 PM

Why isn't it?? Jj started this crap.

msbulldog
05-23-2020, 05:47 PM

Just shut the 17 up Coot!

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 05:47 PM
Turn them in. Great. We contacted the league. You clearly don't understand how this shit works. None of it.

Do you know how it works?

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 05:48 PM
Why isn't it?? Jj started this crap.

Did he?

Was there not a booster party?

Todd4State
05-23-2020, 05:51 PM
#1 how do you KNOW they did something wrong. It's not what you think it's what you can prove. And yes I'm sure they weren't all legal I'm not stupid. #2 last time we did that and jumped the league w the cam situation, the sec crucified us. Therefore we did what we should and let the league know. Nothing is going to happen. As far as d1 nothin illegal about them telling players where they "think" they should go. Whether that's here or at ole miss. If anyone can prove they are doing something then great. Problem is nobody can. It's not that simple. I get it, people want them to pay for illegal activities, bit remember throwing rocks in a glass house gets everyone's windows broken.

I don't have the evidence but allegedly MSU does. Do we not? A couple of days ago you said that Cohen would fight it if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe if we didn't have an exemplary compliance department it would be easier to manage these issues.

bulldawg28
05-23-2020, 05:59 PM

Is it? Explain to me how the portal works. Where are the limitations on where someone can transfer?

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 06:02 PM
Is it? Explain to me how the portal works. Where are the limitations on where someone can transfer?

When tampering occurs, yes. The NCAA won't allow the player to go to the other school

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 06:03 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYu7xXvWsAA2pLr?format=jpg&name=small

Irondawg
05-23-2020, 06:36 PM
If the player enters the portal based on being pre-recruited by coaches, staff, other players it can be considered tampering. Now in all reality this does occur all the time b/c players are friends with kids on other teams, etc. etc. Most of the cases schools just live with it and normally it's reserves, players that don't fit a new scheme, or players that signed far from home and are homesick or have already run up a few strikes against them in the program.

JJ does fit some of these but the big difference is there is allegedly a (disassociated) booster involved and the kid seemed to be actively pro-MSU until a mysterious weekend trip with his friends. Now as we learned from the Hangover, one weekend can radically change a person but this happened really quick seemingly out of the blue and it's to your archrival which is why all the fire around this one.

Let's say it's all above board somehow and he just wants to go play with his old coach and his buddies. Fine, but hopefully standard transfer rules will apply and he'll sit a year. I'm sure they've promised him he won't have to do that because I'd have to be really unhappy with my current place to give up a starting job to go sit a year somewhere else.

Also possible that the new coaching staff could care less although it does seem they tried to talk him into staying which would indicate he wasn't being a problem in the workouts and they thought he was a good player.

bulldawg28
05-23-2020, 06:36 PM

Go ahead and report him since it's bothering you.

msstate7
05-23-2020, 06:53 PM

I think that's pretty funny actually.

BeardoMSU
05-23-2020, 07:13 PM

He's a booster now. Burn it down!**

Bubb Rubb
05-23-2020, 07:28 PM

He needs to see a shrink.

Homedawg
05-23-2020, 07:33 PM
Do you know how it works?

Clearly way more than you. Let it goooooooo

Homedawg
05-23-2020, 07:36 PM
I don't have the evidence but allegedly MSU does. Do we not? A couple of days ago you said that Cohen would fight it if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe if we didn't have an exemplary compliance department it would be easier to manage these issues.

I said he would fight it as in he filed it w the league and called carter. Not sure what else he can do. This "evidence" I'm sure is great.... again it's not what you know or think you know it's what you can prove. That works both ways

Homedawg
05-23-2020, 07:37 PM
When tampering occurs, yes. The NCAA won't allow the player to go to the other school

And you nor I can prove tampering. Damn dude

Medic601
05-23-2020, 09:34 PM
I might have missed it, but is JJ cleared to play immediately or does he have to sit a season?

Todd4State
05-23-2020, 09:59 PM
I might have missed it, but is JJ cleared to play immediately or does he have to sit a season?

Unknown at this time. From my understanding Ole Miss will try to get a waiver for him to play immediately and MSU will likely block it and then the NCAA will decide.

vv83
05-23-2020, 10:09 PM
Dantzler may be a great player but he obviously doesn't get it.

Great is really pushing it lol. If you wanna talk about soft players he?s exhibit A

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 11:41 PM
Great is really pushing it lol. If you wanna talk about soft players he?s exhibit A

Dantler was pretty good but all about himself. He was an LSU fan that didn't get an offer & instead attended a school for 3 years with no other purpose than to get to the NFL. Didn't play hurt & didn't risk anything that could effect his draft status in anyway.

In the end, he's a player you want but hope to God he's not leading your team in anyway.

Homedawg
05-24-2020, 08:09 PM

This. Every game he sat out he was cleared to play. And his stock fell Bc of it. Soft.... selfish. Screw him.

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2020, 10:06 PM
This. Every game he sat out he was cleared to play. And his stock fell Bc of it. Soft.... selfish. Screw him.

This.

It's ok to say these players are good at football & talented, but we won't get back to winning until we have the right culture again.

Jack Lambert
05-24-2020, 10:15 PM
Out of 43 theres a good chance one of them might take offense and go kick his ass.

Todd4State
05-24-2020, 10:25 PM

So much for sitting out being a good "business decision."

War Machine Dawg
05-24-2020, 10:41 PM
True, but they were way off on the Reese stuff as well.

Again, they are good with recruiting, but when it comes to team news, they get lied to consistently

I suspect that Swan won?t let Paul & Steve report what they are actually hearing. Before Swan took over, 247 seemed pretty well sourced. No coincidence that the sources have gone to shit once Jean was brought in, in my mind.

Todd4State
05-25-2020, 01:41 AM
I suspect that Swan won?t let Paul & Steve report what they are actually hearing. Before Swan took over, 247 seemed pretty well sourced. No coincidence that the sources have gone to shit once Jean was brought in, in my mind.

I think MSU controls what is released over there for the most part.

Which is not a complaint. Sometimes things don't need to be released.

Dawgology
05-25-2020, 10:38 AM
Who caaaaaaaaaares!!! I can guarantee you that without JJ and JoMO and with Leach and our new DC we will be better than we were last year. And if a text message to our athletes makes them change programs then we have a MUCH larger culture problem than any of us thought so Leach needs to clean it up. End of the day, JJ was a good player but not irreplaceable and very clearly not a team player. This is a moment where you just let Ole Miss do what they do because they are their own worst enemy. They will end up back on probation or worse and Kiffin will be gone like a fart in the wind.

HancockCountyDog
05-25-2020, 01:08 PM
I hope the board doesn't melt when the Lovett news eventually becomes official.

Guys - if they don't want to be here, and they will leave their teammates, they won't hurt us in the future, and if anything the bears just wasted two scholarships.

Homedawg
05-25-2020, 06:13 PM
So much for sitting out being a good "business decision."

Correct.

TUSK
05-25-2020, 07:14 PM
Who caaaaaaaaaares!!! I can guarantee you that without JJ and JoMO and with Leach and our new DC we will be better than we were last year. And if a text message to our athletes makes them change programs then we have a MUCH larger culture problem than any of us thought so Leach needs to clean it up. End of the day, JJ was a good player but not irreplaceable and very clearly not a team player. This is a moment where you just let Ole Miss do what they do because they are their own worst enemy. They will end up back on probation or worse and Kiffin will be gone like a fart in the wind.

ALL OF THIS IS (most likely) CORRECT.

StateDawg44
05-26-2020, 01:16 PM
I hope the board doesn't melt when the Lovett news eventually becomes official.

Guys - if they don't want to be here, and they will leave their teammates, they won't hurt us in the future, and if anything the bears just wasted two scholarships.

The only person actually melting is Shotgun.

FISHDAWG
05-26-2020, 01:54 PM
The only person actually melting is Shotgun.

I don't think he's melting over the loss of a player or talent .... there's a much larger picture and principle here at play ... If it is indeed tampering then that has to be dealt with

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2020, 01:56 PM
I don't think he's melting over the loss of a player or talent .... there's a much larger picture and principle here at play ... If it is indeed tampering then that has to be dealt with

This. I couldn't give a rip about JJ. It's about our program & dealing with an injustice, if in fact an injustice took place

Homedawg
05-26-2020, 08:56 PM
This. I couldn't give a rip about JJ. It's about our program & dealing with an injustice, if in fact an injustice took place

Again, how would you "deal with it?" If it's so simple. It's not nearly as simple as either of you make it sound.

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2020, 09:23 PM
Again, how would you "deal with it?" If it's so simple. It's not nearly as simple as either of you make it sound.

Yeah, IDK how to deal with it other than pressure those in charge to do everything they can.

Rosebowl seems to think there is evidence. So, without knowing whether there is evidence or not, I'll just listen to him

Homedawg
05-26-2020, 09:36 PM
Yeah, IDK how to deal with it other than pressure those in charge to do everything they can.

Rosebowl seems to think there is evidence. So, without knowing whether there is evidence or not, I'll just listen to him
If rosebowl is your source you're in trouble. This will be almost impossible to prove. And again, we both know what took place w JJ. But he started it.

Dawgcap
05-26-2020, 09:37 PM
I think it?s time to let shit go. At some point in time all we do is hurt our program while trying to burn theirs. Proof is in the fact of where we are now vs 2014. Same as them. Didn?t affect any other West teams but us and them. Screw them, can?t stand them but we have bigger fish to fry.

ShotgunDawg
05-26-2020, 10:29 PM
I think it?s time to let shit go. At some point in time all we do is hurt our program while trying to burn theirs. Proof is in the fact of where we are now vs 2014. Same as them. Didn?t affect any other West teams but us and them. Screw them, can?t stand them but we have bigger fish to fry.

We've been to 10 straight bowl games & they haven't been to one in a while.

How are we in the same place they are?

Hell no you don't let it go if what they did was illegal. that's the worst thing you can do.

StateDawg44
05-27-2020, 07:38 AM

C'mon.... do you truly and honestly believe you are putting pressure on "those in charge" by starting countless (literally) threads about this shit on ED? Lulz

We've been to 10 straight bowl games & they haven't been to one in a while.

How are we in the same place they are?

Hell no you don't let it go if what they did was illegal. that's the worst thing you can do.

So you have the evidence to be able to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt?? Let's see it. I'm not doubting something happened. But I can't prove it either. Just quit pretending and being a brat about it.

We get it.

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2020, 07:43 AM
C'mon.... do you truly and honestly believe you are putting pressure on "those in charge" by starting countless (literally) threads about this shit on ED? Lulz

So you have the evidence to be able to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt?? Let's see it. I'm not doubting something happened. But I can't prove it either. Just quit pretending and being a brat about it.

We get it.

This reads like partisan gerrymandering done just to disagree with me.

Rosebowl is saying MSU is looking into it & that there is evidence of wrong doing by Ole Miss.

I have no clue if he's right or not but can we at least just let it play out?

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2020, 07:43 AM
If rosebowl is your source you're in trouble. This will be almost impossible to prove. And again, we both know what took place w JJ. But he started it.

Maybe you're right. Is OK is if we let it play out first?

StateDawg44
05-27-2020, 08:50 AM
This reads like partisan gerrymandering done just to disagree with me.

Rosebowl is saying MSU is looking into it & that there is evidence of wrong doing by Ole Miss.

I have no clue if he's right or not but can we at least just let it play out?

Ok. Continue being a joke then.

Basically everyone can and will let it play out without whining about it until it does. Leave it up to "those in charge" to figure it out instead of acting like some savant on the matter or like you are making something happen from your keyboard. You don't seem to be capable of this though.

All you're doing is acting like a child on an internet forum and it ends there. That is your schtick. It's weak.

But by all means, continue not allowing it to "just play out" by making a new thread about it. Letting it play out would mean you would drop it and wait. So it doesn't even seem like you know what that means.

DEDawg
05-27-2020, 08:56 AM

Basically everyone can and will let it play out without whining about it until it does. Leave it up to "those in charge" to figure it out instead of acting like some savant on the matter or like you are making something happen from your keyboard. You don't seem to be capable of this though.

All you're doing is acting like a child on an internet forum and it ends there. That is your schtick. It's weak.

But by all means, continue not allowing it to "just play out" by making a new thread about it. Letting it play out would mean you would drop it and wait. So it doesn't even seem like you know what that means.

Ehh outside looking in at this thread, you're the one really coming away as being the little baby. It's a Mississippi State board, let the man discuss it. Also, I really don't see at all how you wouldn't want this pursued if you're a State fan. If there's even a chance anything can come from filing tampering charges, you do it. That's a no brainer.

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2020, 09:11 AM

What a stupid post...

You must really be a child to write something with such little rational thought

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2020, 09:11 AM
Ehh outside looking in at this thread, you're the one really coming away as being the little baby. It's a Mississippi State board, let the man discuss it. Also, I really don't see at all how you wouldn't want this pursued if you're a State fan. If there's even a chance anything can come from filing tampering charges, you do it. That's a no brainer.

This guy isn't a child. He apparently has a brain

StateDawg44
05-27-2020, 09:41 AM

I must have missed where I said don't pursue it. Bottom line, Shotgun ain't the one leading the charge. And it's not gonna start at ED.

He can discuss it while keeping it in one thread. Also, welcome to the site.

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2020, 09:44 AM
I must have missed where I said don't pursue it. Bottom line, Shotgun ain't the one leading the charge. And it's not gonna start at ED.

He can discuss it while keeping it in one thread. Also, welcome to the site.

I attack MSU topics, not other posters unless attacked first.

You attack a poster rather than a topic.

Why is that? Who is more childish?

StateDawg44
05-27-2020, 09:49 AM
I attack MSU topics, not other posters unless attacked first.

You attack a poster rather than a topic.

Why is that? Who is more childish?

If it were multiple posters creating multiple threads then that argument would make sense if I single you out. The correlation that leads to you is the fact that YOU can't move on and repeat yourself while not having hard proof or anything other than opinions. Keep pretending like I'm the only person who has said this.

I'll drop it. Bet you can't though.

ShotgunDawg
05-27-2020, 11:33 AM
It is interesting that Jones has not been confirmed by Ole Miss yet.

Makes me believe there is still some questions on this transfer

Dawgfan77
05-30-2020, 07:05 AM
Yeah. I'm clueless. I don't ever know much.... I'll leave it to you to tell everyone all the facts. I'm just internet rumor boy. Who by the way said, he was either going to oxford or staying here. While half the board said there was 0 percent chance he goes to ole miss including the dude who started this thread. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest w you or anyone. My record stands on it's own. Have fun.
Just thought I'd bump....

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2020, 07:55 AM

Cough... Cough...