PDA

View Full Version : Did ole Miss win this one

TheLostDawg
05-22-2020, 02:09 PM
Yeah it seems ole Miss likely isn't going to take JJ to avoid getting in trouble. However they caused turbulence in our roster and we're losing a likely starter possible. Not to mention how bad the optics appear.

On the flip side, after all JOMO did to make our team soft, does this unite them when they all get back on campus?

The fact that ole Miss goes unscathed after all this makes me feel like they won this one. It's not like anyone thinks they straightened up after being put on probation.

TheLostDawg
05-22-2020, 02:12 PM
I think ole Miss has just become better cheaters and will continue to be ahead of the SEC and NCAA on their tactics while those organizations play catch-up. Example, hiring on family members to get recruits.

Coach34
05-22-2020, 02:13 PM
The second we upgraded our S&C program- Lovett was getting out of here. Had nothing to do with OM.

ShotgunDawg
05-22-2020, 02:22 PM
I think ole Miss has just become better cheaters and will continue to be ahead of the SEC and NCAA on their tactics while those organizations play catch-up. Example, hiring on family members to get recruits.

Reminder that they only have 3 commits.

I don't think Kiffin is the risky recruiting type. Remember Orgeron was on those Tennessee & USC staffs

Jack Lambert
05-22-2020, 02:26 PM
Yeah it seems ole Miss likely isn't going to take JJ to avoid getting in trouble. However they caused turbulence in our roster and we're losing a likely starter possible. Not to mention how bad the optics appear.

On the flip side, after all JOMO did to make our team soft, does this unite them when they all get back on campus?

The fact that ole Miss goes unscathed after all this makes me feel like they won this one. It's not like anyone thinks they straightened up after being put on probation.

I think they just put another target on their backs. Also this stuff gets around and all they are going to be known for is cheating.

KOdawg1
05-22-2020, 02:36 PM
The second we upgraded our S&C program- Lovett was getting out of here. Had nothing to do with OM.
Yep. Lovett was leaving before the tweet and it had nothing to do with OM.

Cooterpoot
05-22-2020, 04:14 PM
OM looks 17ing desperate to me.

The Federalist Engineer
05-22-2020, 04:32 PM
When Oklahoma transitioned from John Blake (nobody remembers him) to Bob Stoops... all kinds of elite recruits left and transferred and even radically switched positions.

This led to gamers like Rocky Calmus and Josh Heupel winning starting positions when today, they would not even be recruited by Oklahoma.

Todd4State
05-22-2020, 04:32 PM

Was he the one that was rumored to have texted someone about our S&C staff in the athletic department?

Todd4State
05-22-2020, 04:34 PM
I don't think they won anything. They showed their hand about how they are going to try to recruit our players and Cohen stood up to them.

MetEdDawg
05-22-2020, 04:45 PM
OM looks 17ing desperate to me.

This. They look desperate and they don't have control of their boosters.

Sounds like a great program.

Not only do they lose, but if Jarrian Jones comes back, it should speak volumes as to the changes that have gone on within our program and how Leach is going to operate. And that to me will send a message. I think having someone as brash and brazen as Leach could be a deterrent for folks trying to take advantage of us going forward.

KOdawg1
05-22-2020, 04:46 PM
Was he the one that was rumored to have texted someone about our S&C staff in the athletic department?
Yes. Said he had a question about the early morning workouts. The coach said there was no need for any questions.

dawgday166
05-22-2020, 04:54 PM
Yes. Said he had a question about the early morning workouts. The coach said there was no need for any questions.

Not concerned with him playing against us then. He'll be laying down in the 4th qtr of a tough SEC game.

msbulldog
05-22-2020, 06:23 PM

Thank you! +1

MedDawg
05-22-2020, 07:00 PM

Lovett tweeted about leaving in mid-December, so he was already thinking about it. I imagine the hard conditioning pushed him away even more.

Commercecomet24
05-22-2020, 08:25 PM
Lovett tweeted about leaving in mid-December, so he was already thinking about it. I imagine the hard conditioning pushed him away even more.

Yes his work ethic and dedication were a little lacking to say the least.

TALL DAWG
05-23-2020, 01:54 PM
This. They look desperate and they don't have control of their boosters.

Sounds like a great program.

Not only do they lose, but if Jarrian Jones comes back, it should speak volumes as to the changes that have gone on within our program and how Leach is going to operate. And that to me will send a message. I think having someone as brash and brazen as Leach could be a deterrent for folks trying to take advantage of us going forward.

Any player of color who thinks of going to Ole Miss...who TRULY understands the true meaning of ?Ole Miss?...would never go there. It ab$olutely makes ?0? $en$e for them to even consider it.

Maroonthirteen
05-23-2020, 02:23 PM
Getting back to the original question, that remains to be seen. However I think we are all aware now. Their plan is to rebuild quickly through the transfer portal. Also they have a recruiting tool in Madison to identify and make personal connections with the younger talent in that area.

One thing I do know about D1. My kid played "competitive" ball. Her team did off season training at D1. Those sessions aren't cheap. However I'm sure some kids get their fees waiver or paid.

Cooterpoot
05-23-2020, 03:00 PM
Just remember, this isn't the last one...

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 03:32 PM
Just remember, this isn't the last one...

Who's is the next turd that wants to leave?

If they want to leave then leave. You can't win with a team full of 4 & 5 stars if they aren't committed to each other

Commercecomet24
05-23-2020, 04:02 PM
Who's is the next turd that wants to leave?

If they want to leave then leave. You can't win with a team full of 4 & 5 stars if they aren't committed to each other

This is what leach does. He finds the kids that really want to be here and culls the others. He's done it everywhere he's been. I've seen it on a much smaller scale at our high school. We hired a new baseball coach 4 years ago. He ran off a bunch of the "superstars" and others who didn't buy in, changed the culture and we won the first state championship in the programs history last year and had a good shot again this year. Now let's see if Leach can do something special with kids who really want to be Bulldogs. I believe Leach will get our edge and toughness back which I will welcome!

ShotgunDawg
05-23-2020, 04:25 PM
This is what leach does. He finds the kids that really want to be here and culls the others. He's done it everywhere he's been. I've seen it on a much smaller scale at our high school. We hired a new baseball coach 4 years ago. He ran off a bunch of the "superstars" and others who didn't buy in, changed the culture and we won the first state championship in the programs history last year and had a good shot again this year. Now let's see if Leach can do something special with kids who really want to be Bulldogs. I believe Leach will get our edge and toughness back which I will welcome!

Yes. He going to win and this does happen every time.

Just sucks to see a talented kid choose to be a loser like this.

Todd4State
05-23-2020, 04:37 PM

Yep. And a lot of people aren't talking about Arnett but I think he's going to be pretty good too.

Gets Shawn Preston and Janari Dean on the field more too- both guys are winners.

Commercecomet24
05-23-2020, 06:18 PM
Yes. He going to win and this does happen every time.

Just sucks to see a talented kid choose to be a loser like this.

I agree 100%. It's a shame.

Indndawg
05-24-2020, 01:59 PM

are 4/5 star divas and have to have their strokes. Leech and staff aren't playing that.

HoopsDawg
05-24-2020, 02:08 PM
are 4/5 star divas and have to have their strokes. Leech and staff aren't playing that.

you can't beat anybody in the SEC without 4 star talent.

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2020, 02:25 PM

You also aren't beating anyone in the SEC with 4 and 5 stars that aren't all in with the team or program.

It's takes both to win.

dawgday166
05-24-2020, 02:27 PM

Weren't too many 4* on the 2014 team. And outside of maybe 2011 that was the toughest top to bottom SEC W there was under Mullen.

ETA: You do need some, but if you can evaluate talent and potential growth and develop players, it can be done. Mullen proved that.

Commercecomet24
05-24-2020, 02:28 PM
You also aren't beating anyone in the SEC with 4 and 5 stars that aren't all in with the team or program.

It's takes both to win.

This. Gotta have both.

HoopsDawg
05-24-2020, 02:40 PM
Weren't too many 4* on the 2014 team. And outside of maybe 2011 that was the toughest top to bottom SEC W there was under Mullen.

ETA: You do need some, but if you can evaluate talent and potential growth and develop players, it can be done. Mullen proved that.

Mullen's record against Top 25 teams says otherwise.

HoopsDawg
05-24-2020, 02:41 PM

It's takes both to win.

I mean, that's pretty a obvious statement. It's the coaching staffs job to get them to buy in though.

dawgday166
05-24-2020, 02:42 PM
Mullen's record against Top 25 teams says otherwise.

Not that year ... at least at the time they played them. Not saying he was great against top 25 but we probably can win 8 most years if they coached well.

Todd4State
05-24-2020, 02:49 PM

2014 was an exception. How many seasons did Dan have at MSU like 2014 with the similarly ranked players?

To me it's actually very risky to do it that way because you pretty much HAVE to hit on guys that everyone else misses and no one really does that to the point where you are going to win 10 games every year.

Todd4State
05-24-2020, 02:50 PM
I mean, that's pretty a obvious statement. It's the coaching staffs job to get them to buy in though.

Joe failed MSU.

Commercecomet24
05-24-2020, 03:04 PM
Joe failed MSU.

Yes without a doubt. Glad we got rid of him before it got any worse.

dawgday166
05-24-2020, 03:08 PM
2014 was an exception. How many seasons did Dan have at MSU like 2014 with the similarly ranked players?

To me it's actually very risky to do it that way because you pretty much HAVE to hit on guys that everyone else misses and no one really does that to the point where you are going to win 10 games every year.

Won't argue much but SEC W was tougher than last 3 years too. But it may be fixing to get close to that tough again. We do need some 4* players tho. Arky and OM ain't staying down forever.

ShotgunDawg
05-24-2020, 03:41 PM

Do you believe that Leach & co made a mistake that caused this or do you just think Jones is a bad kid?

HoopsDawg
05-24-2020, 05:00 PM
Do you believe that Leach & co made a mistake that caused this or do you just think Jones is a bad kid?

My opinion, not on the staff. 100% on Jones.