PDA

View Full Version : Buy Or Sell: Jarrian Jones Will Be Allowed to Sign With Ole Miss?

ShotgunDawg
05-21-2020, 09:58 AM
I sell

I think there is too much evidence of tampering.

I don't think he would be allowed to go there

What say you?

Jack Lambert
05-21-2020, 10:03 AM
I don't think Kiffin will not let him go there. Two reason: Kiffin and Leach are friends and too much bad JU JU.

Homedawg
05-21-2020, 10:13 AM
buy

MetEdDawg
05-21-2020, 10:17 AM
Sell. I think he comes back

Johnson85
05-21-2020, 10:18 AM
I don't think Kiffin will not let him go there. Two reason: Kiffin and Leach are friends and too much bad JU JU.

I don't know if Kiffen's friendship with Leach will have anything to do with it, but I could see Kiffen just not wanting the headache for one player. They're already on probation, it looks dirty, and they probably don't want anybody snooping around anymore.

Now if we really ask the SEC to look into it and they say we need to put our big boy britches on, then there won't be much reason to not take him.

gtowndawg
05-21-2020, 10:19 AM

I hope he comes back, we've all done dumb stuff but he has some serious fence mending to do with teammates and coaches.

Johnson85
05-21-2020, 10:19 AM

I just don't see this with Leach. I'm not sure how many coaches not named Leach would take him back.

MetEdDawg
05-21-2020, 10:33 AM
I just don't see this with Leach. I'm not sure how many coaches not named Leach would take him back.

This is completely a Leach thing to let a kid back. If he does the right stuff. Because what's gonna happen is that kid will either work his ass off and come back and work hard for the team or he won't play and will leave anyways.

He will suffer if he comes back. As he should. But he will be better for it. He will be with a better staff and the better program and the one that actually puts people in the NFL. If not, forget him.

smootness
05-21-2020, 10:42 AM
Not concerned one way or another. Kid is looking for attention. If he stays, I hope he turns out to be good. If he leaves, oh well.

AROB44
05-21-2020, 10:50 AM
I really don't care. He's gone so why care.

StarkVegasSteve
05-21-2020, 11:08 AM
I really don't care. He's gone so why care.

EXACTLY. Let's focus on the kids who actually want to be here. Rep Given

confucius say
05-21-2020, 11:30 AM
Allowed by whom? Lot of interests in play here.

Cooterpoot
05-21-2020, 11:32 AM
Sell and he won't ever play at State again either.

ScottH
05-21-2020, 11:41 AM
Kiffin and Leach are friends and too much bad JU JU.

No clue how Jones plays out but I'd bet you are spot on.

Folks underestimate their relationship. Their friendship far outweighs their dislike for a rival school.

Kiffen is interested in f'n with Saban, Pruitt and Smart. Not The Pirate.

Homedawg
05-21-2020, 12:10 PM
No clue how Jones plays out but I'd bet you are spot on.

Folks underestimate their relationship. Their friendship far outweighs their dislike for a rival school.

Kiffen is interested in f'n with Saban, Pruitt and Smart. Not The Pirate.

So they are such good friends that Leach called Kiffen and said this is BS and Kiffen just said ok. We did it and we are backing off? I think you are overestimating their "friendship"

Cooterpoot
05-21-2020, 12:16 PM
Lane Kiffin has no friends. He's burned every bridge he could.

BB30
05-21-2020, 01:06 PM
Lane Kiffin has no friends. He's burned every bridge he could.

If that were the case he wouldn't be a sitting head coach at a power 5 school.

Okrastar1
05-21-2020, 01:13 PM
Sell! He either comes back if he is a man and wants to live up to his stupidity, or he goes to Oregon so he can show everyone all the cute/flashy different uniform options the ducks have.

ShotgunDawg
05-21-2020, 03:52 PM
We'll never know because he ain't going to Ole Miss

Bothrops
05-21-2020, 04:09 PM
Sell and I don't think he's coming back here.

KOdawg1
05-21-2020, 04:11 PM
Sell. If our staff wants him back, he'll be back

MetEdDawg
05-21-2020, 05:50 PM

I highly doubt he was prepared for the public shit storm the team was going to give him. They've come out and really gotten after him. As they should.

He might learn something from this

KOdawg1
05-21-2020, 07:09 PM
I highly doubt he was prepared for the public shit storm the team was going to give him. They've come out and really gotten after him. As they should.

Yeah some of them came out with the "I'll support you regardless" BS and that may fly when you transfer somewhere, but it doesn't when you try to go to your rival. I'm glad his teammates have been vocal about it, and I hope he isn't just allowed to come back like nothing happened. He should have to earn their trust back.

Maroonthirteen
05-21-2020, 07:23 PM
I can't imagine how awkward that will be when he comes back. He is going to get decleated during drills. Then he better not be anywhere near the rear during conditioning.

Jarius
05-21-2020, 07:40 PM
He won’t be at Ole Miss.

ShotgunDawg
05-21-2020, 07:50 PM

he's got a real opportunity to humble himself here, have some self awareness, & grow into an NFL player.

I think for most people, you can look back at your life, &, while you don't realize in the moment, there are really about 2-3 moments in life that really shape your future.

I believe this could be one of those moment for JJ. Make the right decision & you develop into an NFL player, but make the wrong decision & you'll never sniff it.

Cooterpoot
05-21-2020, 09:55 PM
If that were the case he wouldn't be a sitting head coach at a power 5 school.

Folks weren't lining up for him. It's ole 17ing miss! LOL
His daddy has had to pull strings for him already too.

Todd4State
05-21-2020, 10:05 PM

If I'm in Leach's shoes I let the team vote on it.

And then IF the team allows him back I tell him: You're either going to start at safety or be back-up at corner.

KOdawg1
05-21-2020, 10:57 PM
If I'm in Leach's shoes I let the team vote on it.

And then IF the team allows him back I tell him: You're either going to start at safety or be back-up at corner.
I'd also tell him that if he wants to sniff the field, he'll put in extra work and give 110% to earn my respect back.

Todd4State
05-21-2020, 11:35 PM
I'd also tell him that if he wants to sniff the field, he'll put in extra work and give 110% to earn my respect back.

Absolutely. That's a non-negotiable.

TheLostDawg
05-22-2020, 08:43 AM
So Yancy is saying we tried to text l recruit their players after the eggbowl. Whoever did it if true must have done a terrible job. However I believe nothing Yancy says.

TheLostDawg
05-22-2020, 08:53 AM
I imagine it's like this.

Some high school kids on Twitter made fun of their players for going to ole Miss and said they should transfer here
Then
Ole Miss players and boosters actively goes after some of our players because they "hear we're doing the same" from Yancy
Ole Miss gets caught and Yancy is trying not to look stupid and caught for being the terrible person he is and tries to scare everyone to back down.
Bucky turns ourself in for whatever little and unproven thing he can.
We get in trouble and lose players and ole Miss gets away Scot free, laughs, think we did wrong and they didn't.
The end.

ShotgunDawg
05-22-2020, 08:54 AM
So Yancy is saying we tried to text l recruit their players after the eggbowl. Whoever did it if true must have done a terrible job. However I believe nothing Yancy says.

I'm about 90% sure that he's just making that up so scare us.

However, even if it's true, it's only a violation if the player signs with the school that was tampering & since no Ole Miss players jumped to MSU, then this is a nothing burger. The JJ situation with Ole Miss will also be a nothing burger if he doesn't go to Ole Miss

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-22-2020, 08:57 AM

You think that is why he comes back? Someone told him "The optics don't look right in how you handled this so it's best you just stay."

Jarius
05-22-2020, 09:19 AM

A.) Half our staff from then is now coaching for them
B.) Tampering only precludes a player from coming to your school and is a secondary violation. No one gives a shit about that even if it is true. The thing we have on them currently is the attempt from boosters to buy our players on our roster. They ain’t got that I guarantee you. All this will go away as soon as Jones decides not to go to Ole Miss, which is going to happen. He has no chance to go there where the wants to or not.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-22-2020, 09:27 AM
Yancy is talking about a tweet Errol sent to Sam Williams after Luke was fired. He told him he should come to MSU.

confucius say
05-22-2020, 09:31 AM
Yancy is talking about a tweet Errol sent to Sam Williams after Luke was fired. He told him he should come to MSU.

That is about the only player on OM defense I'd love to have.

Pennywise
05-22-2020, 09:40 AM
I'm about 90% sure that he's just making that up so scare us.

However, even if it's true, it's only a violation if the player signs with the school that was tampering & since no Ole Miss players jumped to MSU, then this is a nothing burger. The JJ situation with Ole Miss will also be a nothing burger if he doesn't go to Ole Miss

Does anyone think that if Yancy or OM had incriminating evidence against MSU right now that could drive a dagger to the hilt into our hearts like Yancy claims that they'd just sit on it?

msbulldog
05-22-2020, 12:37 PM
Said tweet:
https://twitter.com/FauxyFreshwater/status/1263632244775612416?s=20

TheLostDawg
05-22-2020, 01:51 PM
Does anyone think that if Yancy or OM had incriminating evidence against MSU right now that could drive a dagger to the hilt into our hearts like Yancy claims that they'd just sit on it?

I say yes because they want some ammunition for when they get caught again so we'll back off.
That being said, I don't think they have anything with this like Yancy is implying. All he has is probably the tweet above yet acting like we're just as guilty as they are even though the two scenarios don't come close to comparing. Tweet vs actions.

Jarius
05-29-2020, 10:11 PM
A.) Half our staff from then is now coaching for them
B.) Tampering only precludes a player from coming to your school and is a secondary violation. No one gives a shit about that even if it is true. The thing we have on them currently is the attempt from boosters to buy our players on our roster. They ain’t got that I guarantee you. All this will go away as soon as Jones decides not to go to Ole Miss, which is going to happen. He has no chance to go there where the wants to or not.

Buuuuummmmmmpppppp

ShotgunDawg
05-29-2020, 10:20 PM
Jarrian has removed all Ole Miss stuff from his twitter account.

https://twitter.com/JarrianJones

Dawgfan77
05-30-2020, 06:29 AM
But I was told I knew nothing of this situation...

Ari Gold
05-30-2020, 07:23 AM
He won?t be at Ole Miss.

We have a winner.. well done.

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2020, 07:53 AM
I sell

I think there is too much evidence of tampering.

I don't think he would be allowed to go there

What say you?

Damn Gun, you were right

confucius say
05-30-2020, 09:39 AM
Buuuuummmmmmpppppp

How did we get evidence of the booster trying to buy a player off our roster?

Jack Lambert
05-30-2020, 09:50 AM
Am I looking at this right. 1. He goes up to Oxford for a weekend. 2. Inters Portal. 3. Commits to Ole Miss and burns his bridge back to State. 4. Ole Miss realized that this is going to be trouble for them. 5. Ole Miss tells Jones no deal go somewhere else. 6. Jones has nowhere to go so he just follows Lovette to FSU (chances are no other school in the SEC would touch him). 7.Ole Miss has mud on thier face.

Did I get any of this wrong?

Todd4State
05-30-2020, 09:55 AM
How did we get evidence of the booster trying to buy a player off our roster?

If there was a party as rumored with multiple MSU players at it I'm sure the ones not named Jarrian Jones had evidence in the form of text messages, pictures, invites, phone numbers, etc.

And IF there were several MSU players being recruited and they all have the same evidence it's hard for that to be a coincidence.

Todd4State
05-30-2020, 09:56 AM
Am I looking at this right. 1. He goes up to Oxford for a weekend. 2. Inters Portal. 3. Commits to Ole Miss and burns his bridge back to State. 4. Ole Miss realized that this is going to be trouble for them. 5. Ole Miss tells Jones no deal go somewhere else. 6. Jones has nowhere to go so he just follows Lovette to FSU (chances are no other school in the SEC would touch him). 7.Ole Miss has mud on thier face.

I think he was in Oxford for longer than a weekend but that's semantics. I would also add- I think this made it a LOT worse for Jones- he apparently told our players that he was going to Oregon and then committed to Ole Miss. Which probably resulted in losing the last shred of respect most of them had for him.

Jarius
05-30-2020, 11:18 AM
If there was a party as rumored with multiple MSU players at it I'm sure the ones not named Jarrian Jones had evidence in the form of text messages, pictures, invites, phone numbers, etc.

And IF there were several MSU players being recruited and they all have the same evidence it's hard for that to be a coincidence.

It is truly amazing how stupid the person that thinks he is so smart truly is.....

confucius say
05-30-2020, 12:44 PM
It is truly amazing how stupid the person that thinks he is so smart truly is.....

Any chance this person owns a restaurant in oxford?

Jarius
05-30-2020, 01:19 PM
Any chance this person owns a restaurant in oxford?

I think it’s best to not put too much information on the internet for libel reasons and it’s not provable I’m sure, but it’s a name you know. We will just leave it there. If we don’t, we will all get a letter in the mail and I know that for a fact.

confucius say
05-30-2020, 01:32 PM
I think it’s best to not put too much information on the internet for libel reasons and it’s not provable I’m sure, but it’s a name you know. We will just leave it there. If we don’t, we will all get a letter in the mail and I know that for a fact.

Yep. Be best to clarify that any names are only alleged to be the people involved, or clarify that they are rumors.

I saw references to Funkys on Twitter this morning, so I imagine that is one of the rumors going around.

BuckyIsAB****
05-30-2020, 01:43 PM

Leach blocked him from going to OM. He would be there if not for ML

ShotgunDawg
05-30-2020, 01:47 PM

How does Leach have that power?

BuckyIsAB****
05-30-2020, 01:50 PM
He let his opinion be known. The dept listened

vv83
05-30-2020, 01:50 PM

I didn?t love to Leach hire at first because I thought he wouldn?t understand the ****ery that goes on here with ole miss. Good for him, I love to see it.

hailmari
05-30-2020, 01:58 PM
After reading his book and all the crap he put up with from the higher-ups at Texas Tech, I feel like he knows their type.

Hambone
05-30-2020, 02:05 PM
To clarify, he didn’t “block” JJ from going there, he couldn’t.

What Bucky means is, Mike Leach has detailed information about what went down (from other players) and informed Cohen who in return let Keith Carter know if he steps foot on that campus, the world will know as well what happened.

confucius say
05-30-2020, 02:10 PM

He doesn't. Not unilaterally. Now he could play hardball and OM could back down on accepting JJ for fear of what would happen

Turfdawg67
05-30-2020, 10:40 PM
To clarify, he didn’t “block” JJ from going there, he couldn’t.

What Bucky means is, Mike Leach has detailed information about what went down (from other players) and informed Cohen who in return let Mike White know if he steps foot on that campus, the world will know as well what happened.

Why would Cohen tell UF's basketball coach that? Just yanking your chain. I know you are just mixing up former caucasian OM basketball players.

Turfdawg67
05-30-2020, 10:41 PM
Wasn't there a poster, who's track record "speaks for itself", that said that there was nothing we could do and to let it go?

Hambone
05-30-2020, 10:46 PM
Why would Cohen tell UF's basketball coach that? Just yanking your chain. I know you are just mixing up former caucasian OM basketball players.

Yea, that was a massive brain fart on my end.

confucius say
05-30-2020, 11:10 PM
Yea, that was a massive brain fart on my end.

At least you didn't say Marshall Henderson or Todd Abernathy 😂