PDA

View Full Version : New Leach Radio Interview Today

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 08:46 PM
If you want to know what Leach is up to & how worried he seems about the Jones deal. LOL

This is done by Emily Jones. She's the Texas Rangers on field TV girl. She went to Texas Tech is a friend of Leach. Interview starts at the 10:15 mark

http://vokalnow.com/video/3164

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/EAWUYGcElaM/maxresdefault.jpg

https://media.wfaa.com/assets/WFAA/images/81bb73a2-f4e8-4de5-971d-4f680b728eba/81bb73a2-f4e8-4de5-971d-4f680b728eba_1140x641.jpg

TheLostDawg
05-20-2020, 09:23 PM
I got to 33 minutes into it.
1- I'd like to meet Leach's wife. Seems like she's tough and a character as well
2 - adapt don't complain about troubled situations (seems like Leach might not bow down to this transfer situation if he lives up to these words)
3- he and his players might give up social media ("like they have in the past"?) Probably why JJ is transferring out***
4- people like to make something out of nothing (a hit at Lovett?)

bulldawg28
05-20-2020, 11:13 PM
I hope his assistants can really coach because listening to him he's a pure hands off administrator.

Todd4State
05-21-2020, 01:34 AM
I hope his assistants can really coach because listening to him he's a pure hands off administrator.

Given his track record if that's what works for him I'm good with that.

Todd4State
05-21-2020, 01:40 AM
1- I'd like to meet Leach's wife. Seems like she's tough and a character as well
2 - adapt don't complain about troubled situations (seems like Leach might not bow down to this transfer situation if he lives up to these words)
3- he and his players might give up social media ("like they have in the past"?) Probably why JJ is transferring out***

2- Adapting is something that Dan had a hard time with when it came to recruiting and fighting Ole Miss.

3- MSU as a University needs to do a much better job with this across all sports.

4- Could also be a hit at Jones too.

Lord McBuckethead
05-21-2020, 09:41 AM
I wish, he would discuss MSU every once in a while.

ShotgunDawg
05-21-2020, 09:42 AM
I wish, he would discuss MSU every once in a while.

He doesn't know MSU yet. What would he talk about?

TheLostDawg
05-21-2020, 09:50 AM
He doesn't know MSU yet. What would he talk about?

How clean the landscape is

Cooterpoot
05-21-2020, 10:00 AM

Well, our fans used to constantly bitch about Mullen being too controlling.

bulldawg28
05-21-2020, 10:23 AM

Lol...true.

Commercecomet24
05-21-2020, 10:32 AM

lol aint it the truth!

Lord McBuckethead
05-21-2020, 11:27 AM
Hell, I don't know what he could talk about in regards to MSU. But hype us up a little.

Maroonthirteen
05-21-2020, 11:42 AM

I definitely thought the majority of the interview was #4. Hahahahaha.

RiverCityDawg
05-21-2020, 12:05 PM

He's definitely a hands off administrator except in regards to literally being the hands on QB coach and offensive coordinator. Pretty much all great leaders surround themselves with people(coaches) that they believe in, set the culture/vision, let the people they brought in do their jobs, and hold them accountable for succeeding or failing.

TheLostDawg
05-21-2020, 01:19 PM
He's definitely a hands off administrator except in regards to literally being the hands on QB coach and offensive coordinator. Pretty much all great leaders surround themselves with people(coaches) that they believe in, set the culture/vision, let the people they brought in do their jobs, and hold them accountable for succeeding or failing.

Only thing with this is we all have one of the lowest paid staff and have a problem with other teams poaching our assistants

RiverCityDawg
05-21-2020, 01:36 PM
Only thing with this is we all have one of the lowest paid staff and have a problem with other teams poaching our assistants

Having the lowest paid staff is only a problem if you're in that situation because you can't pay more or are stuck with people you don't want.

All these guys followed Leach here except for 3. I know Mullen lost some of his staff over the years, but Leach has a history of keeping guys he wants to keep or finding good replacements if they leave.

TheLostDawg
05-21-2020, 01:40 PM
Having the lowest paid staff is only a problem if you're in that situation because you can't pay more or are stuck with people you don't want.

All these guys followed Leach here except for 3. I know Mullen lost some of his staff over the years, but Leach has a history of keeping guys he wants to keep or finding good replacements if they leave.

Well I hope we show out and pay up to keep them. Like someone said, recruiting becomes a lot harder when you have staff turn over

bulldawg28
05-21-2020, 01:51 PM

That's true.

Commercecomet24
05-21-2020, 02:48 PM

Great post!

maroonmania
05-21-2020, 03:28 PM
2- Adapting is something that Dan had a hard time with when it came to recruiting and fighting Ole Miss.

Seems every HC we get has to learn how to deal with the OM recruiting shenanigans. Apparently they are pretty unique to what most coaches have dealt with in the past. Moorhead was lucky that he came in at a time when OM had to tone things down a good bit. Pretty obvious they are back up to full speed again at this point and are desperate given their lack of any success over the past several years.

R2Dawg
05-21-2020, 08:34 PM
Hell, I don't know what he could talk about in regards to MSU. But hype us up a little.

I agree it was pretty boring interview. His quirkiness is only interesting when we are winning football games or at least pretending to.