PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl on Bo Bounds

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 09:05 AM
- This is the beginning of a long & complicated story

- This opens up questions about tampering...

- There are allegations & contact being made with the SEC office over this. After talking to people close the situation, that is being look into.

- You have to fight back & there is news this morning that Mississippi State officials are doing their due diligence on fact finding about this situation

Jack Lambert
05-20-2020, 09:13 AM
I think there is going to be too much fire and OLe MIss will back away. They suck, they have lost twice to State, they are desperate but this one is too wide open to the average viewer. He will not be at ole miss.

KOdawg1
05-20-2020, 09:16 AM
JJ playing at OM is a long shot. I actually don't think Kiffin has anything to do with this. I think JJ went to Oxford with some players and some other people, and was convinced to transfer there. The question is if "some other people" are boosters (disassociated perhaps?) or TBuck. If Kiffin's smart, I think he stays tf away from JJ because there's no way this ends well for him.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 09:19 AM
He will not be at ole miss.

It'll be interesting to see where he lands if he's not at Ole Miss.

His film last year won't do him any favors. I could see him landing at like Arkansas or something.

Not sure I want him back now that we know he'll quit on his team

msstate7
05-20-2020, 09:19 AM
JJ playing at OM is a long shot. I actually don't think Kiffin has anything to do with this. I think JJ went to Oxford with some players and some other people, and was convinced to transfer there. The question is if "some other people" are boosters (disassociated perhaps?) or TBuck. If Kiffin's smart, I think he stays tf away from JJ because there's no way this ends well for him.

All JJ has to say is he wanted to leave bc of leach's "racist" tweet. No one is touching that

KOdawg1
05-20-2020, 09:20 AM
All JJ has to say is he wanted to leave bc of leach's "racist" tweet. No one is touching that

Then why didn't he leave 2 months ago?

msstate7
05-20-2020, 09:20 AM
Not sure why we even care considering Jones sucks and he's a major culture problem or whatever, right?

msstate7
05-20-2020, 09:21 AM
Then why didn't he leave 2 months ago?

Everyone knows the tweet isn't the reason, but it's the ace of spades. You can't question it publicly without bringing more attention to the tweet

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 09:24 AM
insiders are saying that JJ was worried about Kyle Cass beating him out.

I find that interesting because I forgot about Cass. Maybe JJ saw him in workouts & felt like Cass was at another level

confucius say
05-20-2020, 09:27 AM
Not sure why we even care considering Jones sucks and he's a major culture problem or whatever, right?

I can't speak to culture with any definitiveness, but he was horrible on the field last year. Lost. Losing him does concern me just because of lack of bodies, but in a vacuum I'd much rather have the available scholly to use. My guess is Preston or cass can give me the same production.

Jones really needed a redshirt year to mature on and off the field

defiantdog
05-20-2020, 09:28 AM

I find that interesting because I forgot about Cass. Maybe JJ saw him in workouts & felt like Cass was at another level
I thought Cass was DB..... JJ was moved to safety.

KOdawg1
05-20-2020, 09:31 AM
I thought Cass was DB..... JJ was moved to safety.
Cass can play both CB and S but he is likely going to be a safety.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 09:33 AM
Cass can play both CB and S but he is likely going to be a safety.

Has he already been on campus working out with the team?

confucius say
05-20-2020, 09:34 AM

Jones didn't like not being coddled.
He missed t buck.
He's been away from teammates and our staff and training at D1 and hanging out with ealy and mingo.
He loves the Twitter attention. Retweets every mention.

I doubt he is running from cass as much he is running to attention and friends.

KOdawg1
05-20-2020, 09:37 AM
Has he already been on campus working out with the team?

Don't think so. He was a Feb signed as a Juco so I don't think he had arrived on campus yet

Turfdawg67
05-20-2020, 09:39 AM
I can't speak to culture with any definitiveness, but he was horrible on the field last year. Lost. Losing him does concern me just because of lack of bodies, but in a vacuum I'd much rather have the available scholly to use. My guess is Preston or cass can give me the same production.

Jones really needed a redshirt year to mature on and off the field

Nvmd

gtowndawg
05-20-2020, 09:56 AM
For the record, Rosebowl implied in chat that he's a good kid, heard nothing of him being a team cancer or anything like that. I think the part about someone telling him he was going to lose his spot is believable and Ole Miss people took advantage of that. Steve thinks it's definitely a loss and it will hurt us.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 10:09 AM
For the record, Rosebowl implied in chat that he's a good kid, heard nothing of him being a team cancer or anything like that. I think the part about someone telling him he was going to lose his spot is believable and Ole Miss people took advantage of that. Steve thinks it's definitely a loss and it will hurt us.

I would argue that the 247 crew gets too sentimental with players.

Actions speak louder than words.

JJ may be a nice person, but when you look at his recruitment and now this, it's clear that he's got real real issues and is all about himself.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 10:22 AM
Does anyone know the NCAA rules on what happens if a dis-associated booster gets caught illegally recruiting for the school that disassociated him?

Bothrops
05-20-2020, 10:22 AM
Cass may gave had a leg up, he was a juco.

Jack Lambert
05-20-2020, 10:25 AM
Cass may gave had a leg up, he was a juco.

JUCO guys are tough as hell.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 10:28 AM
JUCO guys are tough as hell.

They are definitely usually tougher.

However, you can't build a program on them.

you need HS players & put them into a culture of competition that toughens them up.

In the end, Leach will just use this extra scholly & sign a "Leach" type player & we'll be fine, but MSU has to fight back on this one to keep it from continuing to happen

Martianlander
05-20-2020, 10:29 AM
Does anyone know the NCAA rules on what happens if a dis-associated booster gets caught illegally recruiting for the school that disassociated him?

Free rental from Cannon Motors**

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 10:30 AM
I feel a De'mon Glanton moment coming soon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Nb7l3DSqU

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2020, 10:54 AM

He was never a culture problem to a major extent. He has been coddled and told how good he was since he was in the 7th grade. We have ourslves as a society to blame for a lot of that with the way we glorify recruits. He is just selfish and always has been. It shows on the field as well as off it.

He was never ever going to be a SEC DB. He could play WR

Ari Gold
05-20-2020, 11:20 AM

Because there is nothing to touch there.. our department handled that issue wrong from the jump....

msstate7
05-20-2020, 11:22 AM
Because there is nothing to touch there.. our department handled that issue wrong from the jump....

I agree with that. Cohen made it a deal

Ari Gold
05-20-2020, 11:28 AM
Jones didn't like not being coddled.
He missed t buck.
He's been away from teammates and our staff and training at D1 and hanging out with ealy and mingo.
He loves the Twitter attention. Retweets every mention.

I doubt he is running from cass as much he is running to attention and friends.

I brought this to attention to the board last year.. D1 sports and SH have been an issue for the past few years.. and if you dont believe they arent somewhat involved in this then keep you head buried in the sand..
This issue should have been handled long ago...

TheLostDawg
05-20-2020, 11:38 AM
I brought this to attention to the board last year.. D1 sports and SH have been an issue for the past few years.. and if you dont believe they arent somewhat involved in this then keep you head buried in the sand..
This issue should have been handled long ago...

The problem is how would you handle it?

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 12:09 PM
Rosebowl say that tampering is a level 2 violation.

However, if any benefits were offered for a player to transfer, once he enters the portal he's a recruited player, & thus those benefits become a level 1 violation.

get your popcorn ready

Dawgology
05-20-2020, 12:12 PM
Rosebowl say that tampering is a level 2 violation.

However, if any benefits were offered for a player to transfer, once he enters the portal he's a recruited player, & thus those benefits become a level 1 violation.

get your popcorn ready

It will take the NCAA 3 years to investigate and then they will fine Ole Miss $500 but give them a $1000 rebate. Don't get your hopes up. NCAA moves sloooooooow.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 12:13 PM
It will take the NCAA 3 years to investigate and then they will fine Ole Miss $500 but give them a $1000 rebate. Don't get your hopes up. NCAA moves sloooooooow.

I'll more than take Ole Miss being investigated for another 3 years.

Where do we sign up?

StateDawg44
05-20-2020, 12:30 PM
You're gonna be slowly let down after all of this.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 12:32 PM
You're gonna be slowly let down after all of this.

Probably so, but the MSU admin has to fight back on this as much as possible.

Hopefully, JJ can't go to Ole Miss. That would be a win

msbulldog
05-20-2020, 12:33 PM
I'll more than take Ole Miss being investigated for another 3 years.

Where do we sign up?

I approve. +1

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 12:36 PM
Get ready JJ to drag this out to make it appears as though he was re-recruited

KOdawg1
05-20-2020, 12:47 PM

That's a smokescreen. He has no intentions of going to Oregon

confucius say
05-20-2020, 12:47 PM

You know that dude loves attention. Let it go brother. Come have a drink with me

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 12:48 PM
That's a smokescreen. He has no intentions of going to Oregon

agree. Ole Miss will tell him to drag it out though so that it doesn't look like tampering.

It's a sham.

Hopefully our AD fights this

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 12:49 PM
You know that dude loves attention. Let it go brother. Come have a drink with me

Nah. I'm not going to let it go.

There's a bigger picture here that is far more important than JJ. It' about protecting the program.

As a program, we simply have to take all measures to protect ourselves from this happening & the only way to do that is to fight it.

We'll replace JJ's production & ability very quickly. It's not really about it. It's about making sure that it's known that MSU player's aren't up to be recruited

confucius say
05-20-2020, 01:01 PM
Nah. I'm not going to let it go.

There's a bigger picture here that is far more important than JJ. It' about protecting the program.

As a program, we simply have to take all measures to protect ourselves from this happening & the only way to do that is to fight it.

We'll replace JJ's production & ability very quickly. It's not really about it. It's about making sure that it's known that MSU player's aren't up to be recruited

All current players are up to be recruited. You think lashley to MSU wasn't a done deal well before he entered the transfer portal? Brandon walker said it a month before. You think Costello wasn't in contact with leach and company before he entered the transfer portal? He had hs teammates at WSU who made the connection.
This stuff is going to happen more and more with the current rules. Especially when a staff changes. And we will be part of it.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 01:04 PM
All current players are up to be recruited. You think lashley to MSU wasn't a done deal well before he entered the transfer portal? Brandon walker said it a month before. You think Costello wasn't in contact with leach and company before he entered the transfer portal? He had hs teammates at WSU who made the connection.
This stuff is going to happen more and more with the current rules. Especially when a staff changes. And we will be part of it.

Big big difference between starters & guys that are transferring for more playing time. Enormous difference between grad transfers & those that have 3 years of eligibility left.

Anyone that can't see that either aren't thinking this through or are terribly biased

StarkVegasSteve
05-20-2020, 01:12 PM
Big big difference between starters & guys that are transferring for more playing time. Enormous difference between grad transfers & those that have 3 years of eligibility left.

Anyone that can't see that either aren't thinking this through or are terribly biased

At the end of the day, IT DOESNT MATTER. If he doesn't want to be here, 17 em. We'll kick his ass in November. Hell, I hope he goes to OM. We'll know exactly who to go after and run at. The guy can't cover and is scared to tackle.

HancockCountyDog
05-20-2020, 01:13 PM

Whenever there is a complete coaching change - especially when basically no assistant coaches were kept, you are going to lose kids that committed to the prior staff.

I didn't want to lose either player, but the only reason this is bothering me is because the bears may benefit. I don't think either loss will end up costing us because if they don't want to work hard, they wont be successful..

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 01:14 PM
Whenever there is a complete coaching change - especially when basically no assistant coaches were kept, you are going to lose kids that committed to the prior staff.

I didn't want to lose either player, but the only reason this is bothering me is because the bears may benefit. I don't think either loss will end up costing us because if they don't want to work hard, they wont be successful..

I agree with the gist of your poster, but...

why hasn't Ole Miss lost any transfers?

Why does this just seem to be effecting us so much worse than anyone else?

Bubb Rubb
05-20-2020, 01:26 PM

The problem here is that you're lumping all three situations (our "starter" transfers) into one, when they are all unique in their own right. Reese is a grad transfer going to Florida to play with his brother and old coach, and perhaps compete for a natty. Lovett was going to transfer whether we fired Jomo or not. Something screwy happened with JJ, but he wasn't an SEC-level CB, and his old coach, who enabled a lot of his diva behavior, is at Ole Miss.

Ole Miss will lose some players at some point. Keep in mind that their overall talent level is lacking so they don't have many players that would go elsewhere and compete, nor do they have much of a situation where players will be able to leave and be immediately eligible.

I think you're barking at the moon over this. I hate seeing JJ go, but it's not that big of a deal. And it's a bad look for Ole Miss, no matter what ends up happening.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 01:28 PM
IT DOESNT MATTER.

It does matter because you can't allow another school to actively recruit players off your roster

confucius say
05-20-2020, 01:56 PM

There is zero difference using your criteria (current players being recruited by other schools). Lashley, Costello, Jones, and Lovett were all being recruited while at other schools. Who cares how many years they have left. Give me the proven commodity.

You're telling me you'd rather have jarrian Jones or Lovett transferring in than Costello? That's not true and you know it. Give me the qb who is projected the number 14 pick in the draft over jones or Lovett all day every day even if I get only a year out of him.

confucius say
05-20-2020, 02:06 PM
It does matter because you can't allow another school to actively recruit players off your roster

Then bama should turn us in. And Stanford should turn leach and company in. Or is it okay if they are grad transfers being recruited off your roster?

HancockCountyDog
05-20-2020, 02:07 PM

Where are most of their kids going to go?

They don't have talent except for a few kids. If they enter the transfer portal they may end up at Belhaven or Millsaps.

TheLostDawg
05-20-2020, 04:33 PM
The problem here is that you're lumping all three situations (our "starter" transfers) into one, when they are all unique in their own right. Reese is a grad transfer going to Florida to play with his brother and old coach, and perhaps compete for a natty. Lovett was going to transfer whether we fired Jomo or not. Something screwy happened with JJ, but he wasn't an SEC-level CB, and his old coach, who enabled a lot of his diva behavior, is at Ole Miss.

Ole Miss will lose some players at some point. Keep in mind that their overall talent level is lacking so they don't have many players that would go elsewhere and compete, nor do they have much of a situation where players will be able to leave and be immediately eligible.

I think you're barking at the moon over this. I hate seeing JJ go, but it's not that big of a deal. And it's a bad look for Ole Miss, no matter what ends up happening.

Seems like only one of our former players will be immediately eligible and I believe ole Miss has more talent then y'all give them credit for. They just had bad coaching.
So I'm with some of the other guys in I don't see how no one has poached them. My guess is because if a school does, ole Miss will just go after that school's roster like they've been going after our guys and you can't tell on them because they tell on you (like they tried doing the last time they got caught).

Dawgology
05-20-2020, 05:39 PM
Seems like only one of our former players will be immediately eligible and I believe ole Miss has more talent then y'all give them credit for. They just had bad coaching.
So I'm with some of the other guys in I don't see how no one has poached them. My guess is because if a school does, ole Miss will just go after that school's roster like they've been going after our guys and you can't tell on them because they tell on you (like they tried doing the last time they got caught).

Well...they had a coaching change also. Why aren't we going after some of their WR's? It should be a VERY easy sell with Leach here.

confucius say
05-20-2020, 06:22 PM
Well...they had a coaching change also. Why aren't we going after some of their WR's? It should be a VERY easy sell with Leach here.

Bc we didn't hire their wr coach, peeler

HancockCountyDog
05-20-2020, 07:52 PM

I?m not sure they have any WRs worth a piss, except the one that pissed on his team and himself a few months ago and I?ll pass on him.

Tripp McNeely
05-20-2020, 08:04 PM
I?m not sure they have any WRs worth a piss, except the one that pissed on his team and himself a few months ago and I?ll pass on him.

F? that! I?d trade Lovett and Jones for Dannis Jackson and Mingo!

maroonmania
05-20-2020, 09:28 PM

Both Lovett and JJ will hurt. Actually MUCH more than Reese because both guys have 3 years to play. They were supposed to be a big part of the future of MSU football.

TUSK
05-21-2020, 12:18 PM

Where was your "outrage" when this happened to Bammer?

msbulldog
05-21-2020, 12:21 PM
Where was your "outrage" when this happened to Bammer?

I only have 1 emotion for Bama and it ain't outrage and you probably wouldn't like it.