PDA

View Full Version : Are There Any more Turds & Cancers in the Program?

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 08:00 PM
Just curious, are there anymore cancers that need to be gotten rid of?

College football is about to be at a massive crossroads with this transfer deal. I've never seen anything like this for an SEC team.

It'll be interesting to see if any tampering charges come from this. I doubt it, but it sure would be nice for the SEC to at least step in & say Jones can't transfer to Ole Miss due to working out either on campus at Ole Miss or nearby recently before being in the portal.

Seems like an awful lot of illegal stuff going on right now & MSU wearing the absolute brunt of it. Like square in the nose.

Our defense is going to really suck this Fall with the way things are headed, so we may as well just go ahead & run off all the other cancers while we're at it.

My issue is that our admin & most everyone else has been quiet on these transfers. If this were Georgia, Alabama, or Auburn going through this, it would be front page news, but with us, it's seems even our own administration is laying low. Just seems like no one is fighting for our football program right now.

Why hasn't Ole Miss, under the same circumstances, had any transfers? That's something to ponder

Who's next?*

dawgday166
05-19-2020, 08:02 PM
I'm putting money on it.

Bothrops
05-19-2020, 08:08 PM
This is what we do. We are the hardware store of the SEC. Coaches and players alike.

KOdawg1
05-19-2020, 08:09 PM
Melt away

Jacksondevildog
05-19-2020, 08:11 PM
Don't forget that the guy that many on this board would have murdered for was the reason why the program was deteriorating. I'm sure there are more coming. When workouts and weights aren't mandatory, you are cutting your own throat at any level.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 08:14 PM
Did James Franklin really recommend Moorhead?

I know Cohen didn't speak with Maineiri prior to hiring Cannizarro & the word was that Maineiri had problems with Canny that he could've told him about but Cohen never called

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 08:16 PM
Melt away

Hey man....

I really care about MSU football.

MSU football has an infection right now after banging a coach with an STD name JoMosha

It's Ok if we melt. There are real issues with MSU football right & with really college football all together. What we've experiences over the past month & complete & utter BS.

The only way for this to end is for leadership to rise up on the team & it can't be Costello. It has to be Errol, Kylin, Parker, Eiland (Although he was considering transferring so I wouldn't listen to him), Pickering, etc

dawgday166
05-19-2020, 08:18 PM
Hey man....

I really care about MSU football.

MSU football has an infection right now after banging a coach with an STD name JoMosha

It's Ok if we melt. There are real issues with MSU football right & with really college football all together. What we've experiences over the past month & complete & utter BS.

The only way for this to end is for leadership to rise up on the team & it can't be Costello. It has to be Errol, Kylin, Parker, Eiland (Although he was considering transferring so I wouldn't listen to him), Pickering, etc

Ahhh ... Eiland needs to get quicker with his feet anyway. Not sure he'll be able to do it. If he decides to go ... bye.

dawgday166
05-19-2020, 08:19 PM

I know Cohen didn't speak with Maineiri prior to hiring Cannizarro & the word was that Maineiri had problems with Canny that he could've told him about but Cohen never called

If he did maybe ole Franklin knew something we were yet to find out.

ETA: To clarify: Franklin was ready for him to be gone.

Jacksondevildog
Any time there is change in a coaching staff, or business, where accountability is demanded, some people can't handle it. These players were coddled over the past two years and you see what happened. For a head coach at MSU to go to back-to-back bowl games and beat Ole Miss, only to get fired, tells you all you need to know.

ShotgunDawg
Ahhh ... Eiland needs to get quicker with his feet anyway. Not sure he'll be able to do it. If he decides to go ... bye.

I'm not sure we can afford to lose anyone else with any experience. Our defense may really really suck. Our backend looks awful

Commercecomet24
05-19-2020, 08:20 PM
Leach is known to run off the bad apples. Now even from a distance. He only wants the dedicated and committed players. We will better in the long run for getting rid of the cancers and getting some toughness back

Mathiston
05-19-2020, 08:20 PM
Why do you have to consistently start a new thread for every single thing that comes to your mind? You had a perfectly good thread that you could have placed this in.

And why do you capitalize every first letter in the thread title? You make this board unreadable.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 08:24 PM
Leach is known to run off the bad apples. Now even from a distance. He only wants the dedicated and committed players. We will better in the long run for getting rid of the cancers and getting some toughness back

I agree with this. It just sucks though that these kids turned out to be cancers.

You only win through having 85 players that are all in.

Ole Miss fans will celebrate these kids but in the end they won't be very good for them either. They are taking on cancers

ShotgunDawg
You make this board unreadable.

Yet you read it...

Todd4State
Any time there is change in a coaching staff, or business, where accountability is demanded, some people can't handle it. These players were coddled over the past two years and you see what happened. For a head coach at MSU to go to back-to-back bowl games and beat Ole Miss, only to get fired, tells you all you need to know.

And typically it's more drastic when you have a coach that is a disciplinarian coming in after a lax one.

Commercecomet24
05-19-2020, 08:26 PM
I agree with this. It just sucks though that these kids turned out to be cancers.

You only win through having 85 players that are all in.

Ole Miss fans will celebrate these kids but in the end they won't be very good for them either. They are taking on cancers

Yep it's sucks. You always find out who's for real when there's discipline and everyone's made to toe the line. Joe didn't have any clue what a " championship standard" is.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 08:26 PM
And typically it's more drastic when you have a coach that is a disciplinarian coming in after a lax one.

And to make matters worse, these kids aren't sweating & bleeding together right now. It's hard to build a team when the team isn't together

Todd4State
05-19-2020, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure we can afford to lose anyone else with any experience. Our defense may really really suck. Our backend looks awful

If we have to start:

CB- Tyler Williams
CB- Martin Emerson who had a really good freshman year analytically
DOG- Fred Peters
DOG- Janari Dean who would have played a lot anyway and I assure you will not be a cancer on our team and will probably be a leader.
S- Marcus Murphy

I think I can roll with that.

Todd4State
05-19-2020, 08:29 PM
And to make matters worse, these kids aren't sweating & bleeding together right now. It's hard to build a team when the team isn't together

I agree. I do wonder:

1. Why didn't Jones recruit Ealy and Mingo to MSU this offseason instead?

2. How much Mike Espy a former Ole Miss player who Jones was working with had to do with this? And if so how does MSU stop that?

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 08:29 PM
If we have to start:

CB- Tyler Williams
DOG- Fred Peters
DOG- Janari Dean who would have played a lot anyway and I assure you will not be a cancer on our team and will probably be a leader.
S- Marcus Murphy

Here's what I'm thinking...

Just give me 22 DAWGS on the field every Saturday & let's see what happens.

We need DAWGS to win.

Commercecomet24
05-19-2020, 08:30 PM

Exactly. And one thing I love about leach is if the walk on turns out to be more productive that the 5 star, then the 5 star will be sitting on the bench. He doesn't care what you're hype says he only cares can you help me win.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 08:37 PM
Well... Martin Emerson isn't a turd.

Leach is probably laughing his ass off. He opens up a scholly to go get a player that fits rather than a turd

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 08:39 PM
Well, ain't think interesting. Turds gonna turd

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 08:40 PM
We're finding out who the DAWGS are...

Todd4State
05-19-2020, 08:43 PM
Exactly. And one thing I love about leach is if the walk on turns out to be more productive that the 5 star, then the 5 star will be sitting on the bench. He doesn't care what you're hype says he only cares can you help me win.

That's the way it should be! Guidry drops passes and keeps playing. Payton makes catches and is still the back up? C'mon Joe.

But the cool thing about Leach is he will find a way for people to contribute. But yeah- not if you're dropping the ball.

Todd4State
05-19-2020, 08:44 PM

Yeah- this looks like it could actually polarize the team.

Now let's go out and get someone better than that bitch Jarrian Jones.

Commercecomet24
05-19-2020, 08:47 PM
That's the way it should be! Guidry drops passes and keeps playing. Payton makes catches and is still the back up? C'mon Joe.

But the cool thing about Leach is he will find a way for people to contribute. But yeah- not if you're dropping the ball.

Yep exactly! Who gives a crap what your hype is. You can either play or you can't. Find the winners whoever they are and get em on the field.

Commercecomet24
05-19-2020, 08:48 PM

Yep.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 08:55 PM
It's amazing we won 6 games last year with a tutor gate & these turds on the team.

Incredible.

Last year was the most infuriating MSU team I've seen in years & I fully understand why now

Jarius
05-19-2020, 08:56 PM
It almost bothers me worse that his former teammates are sweet talking and coddling him on twitter right now. Your supposed brother is turning his back on you and playing for your arch rival and you’re on twitter wishing him well and all that garbage. There has been zero accountability for these players and they have no respect for anything team related. It’s pretty sickening all around.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 08:58 PM
Kind of pisses me off to see our players wishing him well on his Twitter feed.

How are they not pissed?

https://twitter.com/JarrianJones

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 09:00 PM
It almost bothers me worse that his former teammates are sweet talking and coddling him on twitter right now. Your supposed brother is turning his back on you and playing for your arch rival and you’re on twitter wishing him well and all that garbage. There has been zero accountability for these players and they have no respect for anything team related. It’s pretty sickening all around.

Agree. I don't get it.

Something is deeply wrong with our program right now. Wish I could put my finger on it.

All can I figure is that our program is fatherless to some degree. It's been nothing but transition for 3 years now.

KB21
05-19-2020, 09:05 PM
Agree. I don't get it.

Something is deeply wrong with our program right now. Wish I could put my finger on it.

All can I figure is that our program is fatherless to some degree. It's been nothing but transition for 3 years now.

This is part of the Moorhead effect. Lovett and Jones are leaving because they can’t handle the lack of coddling this new coaching staff does. There will likely be more who have only played for Moorhead that leave. The ones that stay will become leaders under Leach for the new wave of talent that will come in.

KT and Stewart both played for Mullen, but neither of them left because they couldn’t handle the new staff.

If we had kept Moorhead for another year, it would have effectively done to this program what those last 2-3 years of Stansbury plus Rick Ray did to our basketball program.

BuckyIsAB****
05-19-2020, 09:10 PM
Just curious, are there anymore cancers that need to be gotten rid of?

College football is about to be at a massive crossroads with this transfer deal. I've never seen anything like this for an SEC team.

It'll be interesting to see if any tampering charges come from this. I doubt it, but it sure would be nice for the SEC to at least step in & say Jones can't transfer to Ole Miss due to working out either on campus at Ole Miss or nearby recently before being in the portal.

Seems like an awful lot of illegal stuff going on right now & MSU wearing the absolute brunt of it. Like square in the nose.

Our defense is going to really suck this Fall with the way things are headed, so we may as well just go ahead & run off all the other cancers while we're at it.

My issue is that our admin & most everyone else has been quiet on these transfers. If this were Georgia, Alabama, or Auburn going through this, it would be front page news, but with us, it's seems even our own administration is laying low. Just seems like no one is fighting for our football program right now.

Why hasn't Ole Miss, under the same circumstances, had any transfers? That's something to ponder

Who's next?*

The defense is not going to suck. Its not like it can get much worse than it was and those 2 were big parts of it. 0 effort and all about them. Reese is a bigger loss than these 2.

There will be more who leave but all this does is open up another spot for Leach to get a guy he wants. And he will. A whole summer still to go. We arent the only ones dealing with this it will be ok. We will be better this season than we were in the past one and we still extended the bowl streak. I hope they both go to OM

msugolf
05-19-2020, 09:11 PM
It almost bothers me worse that his former teammates are sweet talking and coddling him on twitter right now. Your supposed brother is turning his back on you and playing for your arch rival and you?re on twitter wishing him well and all that garbage. There has been zero accountability for these players and they have no respect for anything team related. It?s pretty sickening all around.

I think that's just today's culture in general. There's no pride or loyalty in anything anymore. It's all about self promotion. Compare pro sports today to years past. There are no more rivalries like it used to be because players don't really care about the team (city). Some do yes (the truly special players - dak, drew brees, Jake mangum) but it's hit or miss compared to 15 years ago. I've been reminded of this recently just by watching the last dance. Today's nba players wouldn't have lasted a week playing like they used to play.

Today's youth just has this "I gotta get mine" mentality. They don't really care about championships, but instead the stat sheet.

Irondawg
05-19-2020, 09:29 PM
Can I vote for Brule for team captain right now?

Wish Stewart Reese well - graduated, paid his dues, going to play with his brother. Sucks by I can understand it because that is something special. Guy transfer to your arch-rival for whatever reason and you tell him to be prepared to get his butt kicked when you see him on the field.

To golf's point there is beginning to be a lack of pride in being part of an organization - sports, corporate, etc. and it's kind of sad to watch it melt away.

Cooterpoot
05-19-2020, 09:30 PM
JJ will not be the last player to transfer.

Todd4State
05-19-2020, 09:33 PM
This is part of the Moorhead effect. Lovett and Jones are leaving because they can’t handle the lack of coddling this new coaching staff does. There will likely be more who have only played for Moorhead that leave. The ones that stay will become leaders under Leach for the new wave of talent that will come in.

KT and Stewart both played for Mullen, but neither of them left because they couldn’t handle the new staff.

If we had kept Moorhead for another year, it would have effectively done to this program what those last 2-3 years of Stansbury plus Rick Ray did to our basketball program.

I wasted a lot of money going to watch Moorhead's teams "performance" in the Music City Bowl but losing that game may have saved MSU football. And if my hunch is right I would gladly pay what I did again.

Todd4State
05-19-2020, 09:34 PM

Who else have you heard?

HoopsDawg
05-19-2020, 09:34 PM

any more starters? Or 2 deep?

I expect some 3rd string guys to leave. That's usually a good thing.

Irondawg
05-19-2020, 09:37 PM
I knew we'd have guys get out - I expected it to be 4-5 guys. I didn't expect it to be starters - I thought we'd have KT, maybe another QB, a grad transfer or two like Reese, maybe a guy or two that realized he wasn't going to be on the 2-deep or not get much PT.

Not having spring hurt the new staff more than a lot of other places.

dawgday166
05-19-2020, 09:38 PM
Can I vote for Brule for team captain right now?

Wish Stewart Reese well - graduated, paid his dues, going to play with his brother. Sucks by I can understand it because that is something special. Guy transfer to your arch-rival for whatever reason and you tell him to be prepared to get his butt kicked when you see him on the field.

To golf's point there is beginning to be a lack of pride in being part of an organization - sports, corporate, etc. and it's kind of sad to watch it melt away.

And in reality ... Hev is a pretty darn good Oline coach too. Not saying we ain't got one now but Hev can coach.

msu15
05-19-2020, 09:42 PM
Rumor that Lovett was the one that messaged the coach wanting to talk about the early workouts and the coach told him that there was nothing to talk about. If that's true good riddance.

Cooterpoot
05-19-2020, 09:53 PM
any more starters? Or 2 deep?

I expect some 3rd string guys to leave. That's usually a good thing.

Possibly, possibly 2 more starters and a backup or two. I don't think all those happen but possibly. Only one would upset people a little.

Bothrops
05-19-2020, 10:00 PM

Probably his taste in music.

bluelightstar
05-19-2020, 10:16 PM
Calling these kids turds is a new low in childishness. It’s a damn game.

HoopsDawg
05-19-2020, 10:21 PM
Possibly, possibly 2 more starters and a backup or two. I don't think all those happen but possibly. Only one would upset people a little.

2 more starters would be pretty devastating for the 2020 season.

Ezsoil
05-19-2020, 10:28 PM

Just from what I saw... Jones was really a Jo Mo guy ....I think it's as simple as that. Jones did a great job recruiting others in that class ..I wish him well

mparkerfd20
05-19-2020, 10:40 PM
Calling these kids turds is a new low in childishness. It’s a damn game.

Don't be a turd.

Dawgcap
05-19-2020, 10:43 PM
Some of y?all need to chill out. We have some who bitch about players when they are acting the same way as the transfers.
I hate that the transfers happened but if they aren?t loyal to the team we don?t win with them. Saw a quote and I?ll paraphrase : Your talent is the floor, your dedication is the ceiling. Let?s find talent with dedication to team. And as a fan base we need to quit whining and finger pointing. That shit works out in the end. I?m truly optimistic we will have talented players dedicated to this team. Time to quit whining and support the players that are wearing Maroon and White

R2Dawg
05-20-2020, 11:51 AM
If we have to start:

CB- Tyler Williams
DOG- Fred Peters
S- Marcus Murphy

That back end can play; depth will be the issue.