PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Portal is Out of Control....

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 05:58 PM
Tampering, recruiting players on other teams, etc.

This is completely ridiculous

What's going on with college football, kids sitting at home, & the portal is absolutely ridiculous.

We're only a few years away from college football being AAU driven.

Ole Miss is currently buying players off our roster.

And here is another thing: Mississippi State football has a culture problem right now & a bunch of shitty teammates. Teammates don't do what is currently going on. The seeds that JoMo & his staff sowed into this program may take years to overcome. An incredible level of entitlement, lack of loyalty, laziness, & lack of team cohesion. Sadly, we are still learning what an awful job he did.

HailStateSZN19
05-19-2020, 06:09 PM
My buddy just texted me about this. I hadn’t seen anything about it but I sure know what’s up now. This is ridiculous. He’s about to be the 3rd starter that enters the portal to wind up at another SEC school. 2 of them to our in-state rival. If this kid is like that, then maybe those 2 do need to end up in Oxford because maybe our culture problem with Joe here was a helluva lot worse than anyone realized. They’re both kids he signed and they came up under Joe. If they’re gonna quit on the university and their teammates like that, then you don’t want that on your team in the first place. I don’t want this kid’s talent to go because he’d be a starter obviously but I’ll let the kid’s ego & mindset walk all day long. If this is swirling around in his mind, then he needs to get on and go join that toxic culture in Oxfart.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 06:12 PM
My buddy just texted me about this. I hadn’t seen anything about it but I sure know what’s up now. This is ridiculous. He’s about to be the 3rd starter that enters the portal to wind up at another SEC school. 2 of them to our in-state rival. If this kid is like that, then maybe those 2 do need to end up in Oxford because maybe our culture problem with Joe here was a helluva lot worse than anyone realized. They’re both kids he signed and they came up under Joe. If they’re gonna quit on the university and their teammates like that, then you don’t want that on your team in the first place. I don’t want this kid’s talent to go because he’d be a starter obviously but I’ll let the kid’s ego & mindset walk all day long. If this is swirling around in his mind, then he needs to get on and go join that toxic culture in Oxfart.

You don't want that on your team, but I'm just curious WTF is going on right now?

One guy; ok. Two guys you start to get concerned, but when we're talking about 3 starters transferring & 2 of them to your rival, something's wrong & not on the up & up.

Regardless, what a bunch of absolutely crappy teammates. I mean, I just can't imagine how shitty of a teammate you have to be go down this road when you're a starter.

All about me, me, me, me. Loud ass mouths that go behind their teammates backs.

At very least, we can deduce that regardless of what a big game these guys talk, their leadership skills aren't worth an absolute crap.

Completely pathetic. If someone finds out that D1 has a hand in this, then their ass needs to be put out of business immediately

Jarius
05-19-2020, 06:13 PM
Jarrian Jones going to ole miss is going to be CJ Johnson 2.0, but worse. I can’t believe these idiots on our football team.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 06:15 PM
Jarrian Jones going to ole miss is going to be CJ Johnson 2.0, but worse. I can’t believe these idiots on our football team.

It's sad & shows that Joe did nothing to build a bond on the team. Hard to do when you don't work hard.

Surely, Jarrian will come to his senses he & grow the 17 up. What kind of terrible teammate do you have to be to do this?

Who are the leaders on this team? You begin to wonder who the hell is leading.

The more crappy I see that our culture is, the less wins I begin to see us getting.

Heck, Eiland has talked about transferring as well. The lack of leadership & men on our team is striking.

The culture of this program took an absolute nose dive the minute Joe was announced as the head coach

Jarius
05-19-2020, 06:19 PM
You can’t lead from the house. That’s the problem. They all have a bunch of time on their hands and aren’t being held accountable for multiple months at a time. This is where OM has and always will thrive.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 06:20 PM
You can’t lead from the house. That’s the problem. They all have a bunch of time on their hands and aren’t being held accountable for multiple months at a time. This is where OM has and always will thrive.

College football should've set a transfer portal freeze until kids were back on campus.

This is literally the most unfair situation I've seen in my years of college football. We've got other SEC teams recruiting starters off our roster.

That's a massive massive problem that the commissioner needs to address.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 06:25 PM
To add, these are the types people that leave their marriages for no good reason, walk out on kids, & change jobs every few years.

The grass is always greener because they can't handle adversity. They aren't committed to anything & thus become sluts to the world.

You can likely look back at most decommits from any school & find disturbing trends throughout the rest of their life.

It's complete immaturity & the inability to grow up.

confucius say
05-19-2020, 06:27 PM
Shotgun needs a beer and a woman. He's going to have a stroke.

Jarrian is super tight with T buck, so not really a surprise. Hope things settle and he stays.

Cooterpoot
05-19-2020, 06:27 PM

This the one I said people would lose their minds over.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 06:29 PM

Jarrian is super tight with T buck, so not really a surprise. Hope things settle and he stays.

So "you understand"?

This is wrong

IMissJack
05-19-2020, 06:30 PM
Look I don't like any of this either, but it seems like this kind of transfer thing always goes against us. When are we as a program going to try to compete? Quit taking it and do something to get better.

msstate7
So, OM bout to take our 2nd projected starter on defense, and many thought the defense was suspect to start with.

ShotgunDawg

Yup. I will.

This has gone too far. It's wrong. Simple as that.

Ole Miss is recruiting players off our roster. My guess is that they recruit Lovett as well & you'll see that in the end

Jarius
05-19-2020, 06:31 PM

It’s not a surprise that a returning starter on our football team is going to transfer to Ole Miss? Two starters, actually. On what planet?

BeardoMSU
05-19-2020, 06:32 PM
Wasn't this guy ALL DOG during his recruitment? Even helping recruit for us? WTF happened here?

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 06:33 PM
Wasn't this guy ALL DOG during his recruitment? Even helping recruit for us? WTF happened here?

Oh yeah. Was vocal & loud. Obviously, most people like that are complete frauds.

Looks like Mingo & Ealy have just been recruiting him.

Again, a complete lack of character

msstate7
05-19-2020, 06:33 PM

No idea, but this staff didn't recruit him

KOdawg1
05-19-2020, 06:36 PM
These kids have too much time on their hands

BeardoMSU
05-19-2020, 06:36 PM
So, OM bout to take our 2nd projected starter on defense, and many thought the defense was suspect to start with.

That's depressing...

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 06:40 PM
These kids have too much time on their hands

these kids don't have a bond. There's no leadership or mentorship in the program.

Reese & Eiland are supposed to be SR leaders yet one had already transferred & the other has talked about it.

Just think about that for a minute.

The COVID thing has prevented the new staff from being able to do anything.

Bothrops
05-19-2020, 06:43 PM
Too much idle time due to all the virus shit, but this smells illegal right out of the gate.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 06:44 PM
Too much idle time due to all the virus shit, but this smells illegal right out of the gate.

Just like Reese & Lovett were illegal.

Craig Sankey is a complete POS for allowing this right now.

Most unfair thing I've seen in college football

Cooterpoot
05-19-2020, 06:45 PM
I mean, we can go the the SEC but it's pointless. Any kid can transfer and sit a year.
JJ rumors have been out there since he signed.

Irondawg
05-19-2020, 06:46 PM
I’m sure a lot of it is tbuck who honestly was a lot of good talk and not much more - didn’t probably help us that Deke and him ended up at OM and the combined with these kids being off campus.

Also bites us that we couldn’t close on Ealy and Mingo

Cooterpoot
05-19-2020, 06:46 PM
Just like Reese & Lovett were illegal.

Craig Sankey is a complete POS for allowing this right now.

Most unfair thing I've seen in college football

Reese graduated. He could go anywhere anyway.

Irondawg
05-19-2020, 06:47 PM
The fact that he’s willing to sit a year is the weird thing. Guys that have dreams of being 3 and done don’t go sit a year.

I’d get really really worried about Emerson now to since he and Jones were supposedly tight.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 06:48 PM

He was still illegally tampered with. I don't think he transfers if this was a normal year.

BeardoMSU
05-19-2020, 06:49 PM

And his move is at least easy to follow, albeit still unfortunate for us.

confucius say
05-19-2020, 06:54 PM
Look I don't like any of this either, but it seems like this kind of transfer thing always goes against us. When are we as a program going to try to compete? Quit taking it and do something to get better.

You mean like bringing in a projected first round qb?

confucius say
05-19-2020, 06:58 PM
So "you understand"?

This is wrong

It's not surprising. Lovetts coach and Jones's coach both went to OM. It doesn't surprise me.

Costello followed a coach too, leach. He was leaning to wash state until Leach came.

And like you, I don't like the college football transfer rules either.

BankerDog
05-19-2020, 06:59 PM
Consistently was out of position and can?t tackle. I was tired of his act by the end of last year. Typical prima Donna who can?t produce.

Should?ve stuck to being a WR, which is all he played in HS.

IMissJack
05-19-2020, 07:04 PM
You mean like bringing in a projected first round qb?

He was on the transfer portal up front, a different thing altogether. I'm talking about that we are not going to compete in the SEC if we are not willing to push the issues that other programs are willing to do. We just sit back and say no fair, instead of pushing limits ourselves.

Bothrops
05-19-2020, 07:09 PM
Most guys would have to have one hell of an incentive to transfer out as a projected starter, then sit out a season. I know I would.

Irondawg
05-19-2020, 07:16 PM
Lovett was supposedly getting out before the coaching change so I can live with that one. I'll only get butthurt if he is successful in not sitting a year.

Reese hurts but at least you can follow the bouncing ball that he was a grad transfer and can play with his brother.

JJ has always been a bit of a wild card personality wise, but as mentioned you have to be pretty motivated to leave a SEC starting gig and go sit out a year to a worse SEC program (assuming he goes to OM). Just to follow Tbuck? Who could very easily NOT be there the year he'd actually get to play again.

Seems a bit out of place, but there is a chance I guess he hated the new staff or something else. Slim, but possible.

As mentioned the real issue is the lack of leadership in the locker room and we've known that was a problem the last 2 years. Hopefully the staff realizes this and focuses on bringing in a couple of locker room leaders like Mullen always did. Even guys like K. Market who weren't anything special on the field (still a good player) but were great leaders.

dawgday166
05-19-2020, 07:19 PM
Most guys would have to have one hell of an incentive to transfer out as a projected starter, then sit out a season. I know I would.

I figure that was provided. Looking like OM ready to go past the limit again.

ETA: I imagine Leach and his staff weren't coddling primadonnas either. Kid had talent but he had a ways to go to maximize it.

West Tn Dawg
05-19-2020, 07:29 PM
Jones now in the portal!

dawgday166
05-19-2020, 07:29 PM

How long have you known? He just not cutting the hard work under Leach or is it the TBuck connection? Or all of the above?

Irondawg
05-19-2020, 07:33 PM
I can get the comfort factor but kids don't normally follow position coaches. Coordinators or HC maybe, but not position coaches that are rarely at the same place more than 2 years

Cooterpoot
05-19-2020, 07:46 PM
He was still illegally tampered with. I don't think he transfers if this was a normal year.

And I can't blame him for going home. If a kid works hard to graduate, they should have the right to do what they want.

AlSwearengen
05-19-2020, 07:46 PM
It has always been well known that Buckley isn’t that great of a coach. Let Jones go to om and he can be out of position for them.

College football is so close to going to total shit. The buying used to be over once the player signed out of high school. Now, this transfer portal shit gives schools like olemiss that much more opportunity to not only buy players, but screw with a rivals roster at the same time.

Can’t wait for baseball to start.

Cooterpoot
05-19-2020, 07:50 PM
How long have you known? He just not cutting the hard work under Leach or is it the TBuck connection? Or all of the above?

It was rumored when Buckley left. But he's been hot and cold since he got to Starkville.
I hate to lose a good player but I'll pass on the drama. The last staff destroyed our program far more than Lovitt and Jones will. The total lack of leadership on this team and in this program was a damn killer.

dawgday166
05-19-2020, 07:55 PM
It was rumored when Buckley left. But he's been hot and cold since he got to Starkville.
I hate to lose a good player but I'll pass on the drama. The last staff destroyed our program far more than Lovitt and Jones will. The total lack of leadership on this team and in this program was a damn killer.

Glad he left then. Didn't realize there was a lot of drama there, although I do seem to recall now a couple of instances. Not like Kylin tho. Kylin the one I figured wouldn't make it ... and I believe the jury is still out on that one maybe. Probably others too ... with Leach coming in I'm sure there has been some culture shock and some frank conversations too. Smoke probably ain't being blown up players' butts.

msu15
05-19-2020, 07:55 PM
Eradicating more cancer out of the program.

msugolf
05-19-2020, 07:56 PM

I'd be ok with just taking the developmental players from MS high schools. The higher rated ones seem to have inflated egos, poor work ethic or some sort of hang up based on immaturity, ignorance and/or intelligence.

I knew there was a lack of leadership from past 2 years but never knew it was this bad.

dawgday166
05-19-2020, 08:01 PM
I'll venture to say that most of the drama queens that go to OM end up like Nkemdiche. Ealy and Mingo seem to have a chance tho. Plumlee ain't a QB for Kiffen I don't believe, although Kiffen may adapt for a couple of years with him.

Bothrops
05-19-2020, 08:04 PM
I'd be ok with just taking the developmental players from MS high schools.

That's pretty much what we do.

dawgday166
05-19-2020, 08:07 PM
That's pretty much what we do.

And we got a coach that has a history of doing just that.

And while I think Kiffin better than most on here think, I do think he needs a higher level of talent to be so. And he will fit OM like a glove. They back in the biz now boys ... better buckle up.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 08:08 PM
I'll venture to say that most of the drama queens that go to OM end up like Nkemdiche. Ealy and Mingo seem to have a chance tho. Plumlee ain't a QB for Kiffen I don't believe, although Kiffen may adapt for a couple of years with him.

I've found that many times your recruiting process reflects your career.

To me, the players that choose Ole Miss for the right reasons, usually do pretty well & vice versa

Never forget that Jarrian committed to Oklahoma & then decommitted. So he didn't handle things well then & it shows now.

Lovett's recruitment was a dumpster fire.

What MSU must do to get past this is build a culture & competition within the program. We've got to get back that savage mentality we had under Mullen. I think Jones, Lovett, etc would've been good under Mullen because the competition & culture would've been ingrained in them from the start. Instead, Joe was so bad that the kids never grew up.

Todd4State
05-19-2020, 08:08 PM
I'd be ok with just taking the developmental players from MS high schools. The higher rated ones seem to have inflated egos, poor work ethic or some sort of hang up based on immaturity, ignorance and/or intelligence.

I knew there was a lack of leadership from past 2 years but never knew it was this bad.

That's only sustainable if we want to go 8-4 a best. We need a Jeffrey Simmons every now and then and we need to continue to bring in people like Kylin Hill.

Todd4State
05-19-2020, 08:10 PM

Nail on the head.

dawgday166
05-19-2020, 08:14 PM
I've found that many times your recruiting process reflects your career.

To me, the players that choose Ole Miss for the right reasons, usually do pretty well & vice versa

Never forget that Jarrian committed to Oklahoma & then decommitted. So he didn't handle things well then & it shows now.

Lovett's recruitment was a dumpster fire.

What MSU must do to get past this is build a culture & competition within the program. We've got to get back that savage mentality we had under Mullen. I think Jones, Lovett, etc would've been good under Mullen because the competition & culture would've been ingrained in them from the start. Instead, Joe was so bad that the kids never grew up.

Mullen may have quit screwing around with Lovett and/or Jones during recruiting process. And we would've melted about it. Mullen didn't cater to primas too often.

dawgday166
05-19-2020, 08:16 PM
That's only sustainable if we want to go 8-4 a best. We need a Jeffrey Simmons every now and then and we need to continue to bring in people like Kylin Hill.

I agree on Simmons ... waiting to see on Hill yet. But overall I agree with what you're trying to say which is you need to sprinkle in some elite dudes with the developmental guys. Although ... there were no dudes on 2014 team that were considered elite when we recruited them.

Todd4State
05-19-2020, 08:20 PM
I agree on Simmons ... waiting to see on Hill yet. But overall I agree with what you're trying to say which is you need to sprinkle in some elite dudes with the developmental guys. Although ... there were no dudes on 2014 team that were considered elite when we recruited them.

Chris Jones? Fred Ross? Will Redmond?

A guy like Simmons is a special talent that doesn't come along very often. I can't say as a MSU fan that we can count on players like that. IF we can recruit a little bit better I think it could make the difference. The biggest thing about the 2014 team if you look at the depth chart- pretty much all juniors and seniors throughout the starting 1A lineup. We haven't really done that since. And I think that's a big reason why we have underachieved.

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 08:22 PM
Mullen may have quit screwing around with Lovett and/or Jones during recruiting process. And we would've melted about it. Mullen didn't cater to primas too often.

Very true.

We used to get pissed at him for not starting the best players, but now we fully realize the method to his madness

dawgday166
05-19-2020, 08:22 PM
Chris Jones? Fred Ross? Will Redmond?

Forgot about Chris but he wasn't a starter. Fred and Will were 4* so .. not sure elite quite describes them but maybe close. Will didn't start either tho.

Todd4State
05-19-2020, 08:31 PM
Forgot about Chris but he wasn't a starter. Fred and Will were 4* so .. not sure elite quite describes them but maybe close. Will didn't start either tho.

They both should have. Jones was our best DL along with Preston Smith. Ross and Redmond were key to us beating Arkansas and maintaining our number one ranking. I might be wrong but I don't remember Redmond being 1B.

Todd4State
05-19-2020, 08:35 PM
Very true.

We used to get pissed at him for not starting the best players, but now we fully realize the method to his madness

The problem is again- that's not sustainable either unless we are content with going 8-4 every year. Dealing with prima donnas is part of football. Jerry Rice was a prima donna. You don't start a guy like Jesse Jackson or Gabe Myles- who were both good players nothing against them, but they ain't Jerry Rice- over a elite guy that can help you win games. You have to find a way to make them happy and at the same time have enough Barrin Simpson/Kendrick Market's that can hold the prima donnas accountable and get them to work hard.

Ideally you find a guy like a Rice or a Simmons that has swagger but also is a relentless hard worker. Problem is again those don't grow on trees.

Anyway my point is we need a better mix of blue collar guys and some high end talent prima donnas that can make plays.

dawgday166
05-19-2020, 08:42 PM
They both should have. Jones was our best DL along with Preston Smith. Ross and Redmond were key to us beating Arkansas and maintaining our number one ranking. I might be wrong but I don't remember Redmond being 1B.

Love and Calhoun started at CB.

dawgday166
05-19-2020, 08:47 PM
The problem is again- that's not sustainable either unless we are content with going 8-4 every year. Dealing with prima donnas is part of football. Jerry Rice was a prima donna. You don't start a guy like Jesse Jackson or Gabe Myles- who were both good players nothing against them, but they ain't Jerry Rice- over a elite guy that can help you win games. You have to find a way to make them happy and at the same time have enough Barrin Simpson/Kendrick Market's that can hold the prima donnas accountable and get them to work hard.

Ideally you find a guy like a Rice or a Simmons that has swagger but also is a relentless hard worker. Problem is again those don't grow on trees.

Anyway my point is we need a better mix of blue collar guys and some high end talent prima donnas that can make plays.

Not at Valley and only a little after his 1st SB win too. I don't consider Rice a prima back then. And Rice's Dad taught Rice to work hard. Rice is blue collar dude. He himself set the standard that still exists today for hard work in NFL.

Odell Beckham and Terrell Owens ... now there are some primas. But I do kinda agree here too ... if you gonna have a little bit of a prima, he better be a damn good skill player and preferably WR these days.

ZedFedder
05-19-2020, 08:48 PM
He is very talented, but again, if a guy has a mindset like that, he isn’t a dawg and I don’t want him.

HoopsDawg
05-19-2020, 09:05 PM
He is very talented, but again, if a guy has a mindset like that, he isn’t a dawg and I don’t want him.

The problem with losing Jones is not so much Jones himself, but what we have behind him. We are in rough shape in the back 7. Jones was going to start at nickel corner.

Homedawg
05-19-2020, 09:07 PM

He thinks he's going to be immediately eligible fwiw. Who knows if he gets it or not.

Homedawg
05-19-2020, 09:10 PM
The problem with losing Jones is not so much Jones himself, but what we have behind him. We are in rough shape in the back 7. Jones was going to start at nickel corner.

Yep

ShotgunDawg
05-19-2020, 09:14 PM

HoopsDawg
05-19-2020, 09:16 PM
He thinks he's going to be immediately eligible fwiw. Who knows if he gets it or not.

Yeah, if Lovett is immediately eligible Jones will have to be too. They think they have a case with the Leach tweet. Even if not, Jones can redshirt.

Side note, always redshirt freshmen if possible b/c it causes them to lose a year of football if they transfer.

Another side note, if players are granted one free transfer it's going to be hell.

Irondawg
05-19-2020, 09:24 PM
I'm sure he's being told he can get immediately eligible and not sit but I'm hoping the NCAA doesn't fall for it. They probably will but I'm holding out 5% hope.

Todd4State
05-19-2020, 09:28 PM
Someone on sixpack named RPODawg is saying that Cohen is going to turn Ole Miss in for tampering.

No idea if he's right or not but he is a pretty solid respectable poster.

Homedawg
05-19-2020, 09:51 PM
Someone on sixpack named RPODawg is saying that Cohen is going to turn Ole Miss in for tampering.

I don't know him but I'd go with him on this one

Commercecomet24
05-19-2020, 09:54 PM

That's good to hear coming from you.

KOdawg1
05-19-2020, 09:57 PM

Good. This is about as obvious as you can get. If nothing else, I hope they end up blocking him from going to OM.

Jarius
05-19-2020, 10:03 PM
Good. This is about as obvious as you can get. If nothing else, I hope they end up blocking him from going to OM.

He will probably come back to leach with his tail between his legs if he doesn’t go to ole miss.

Cooterpoot
05-19-2020, 10:05 PM
He will probably come back to leach with his tail between his legs if he doesn’t go to ole miss.

He's done here.

dawgday166
05-19-2020, 10:07 PM
He's done here.

Yep ... I figured he'd shot his wad here.

confucius say
05-19-2020, 10:12 PM
Well his tweets were from Oxford on Friday and Monday, so I'm guessing he came back from his visit and decided to pull the trigger

KOdawg1
05-19-2020, 10:19 PM
He will probably come back to leach with his tail between his legs if he doesn?t go to ole miss.

Don't want him back. Good luck at USM

ZedFedder
05-19-2020, 10:38 PM
There is a picture on Twitter of him in an Ole Miss shirt. I hope they get burned.

HoopsDawg
05-19-2020, 10:40 PM
MSU CB depth chart:

1. Emerson
2. Tyler Williams
3. ?? Korey Charles
4. ???True freshman

whew, may have to move Tulu to CB.

Jarius
05-19-2020, 10:44 PM
He's done here.

What do you think the tipping point for him was? I realize that he was close to T Buck and he has friends at OM but there has to be more to it.

KOdawg1
05-19-2020, 10:48 PM
MSU CB depth chart:

1. Emerson
2. Tyler Williams
3. ?? Korey Charles
4. ???True freshman

whew, may have to move Tulu to CB.
JJ was going to play Safety.

Forbes and Richardson will factor into CB depth

maroonmania
05-19-2020, 10:57 PM
Reese is a nuisance but its really Lovett and Jones that are big hits to our program and rejuventation for OM because Lovett and Jones are guys we recruited and signed and are on our roster to be the future of our program. We don't have the quality of depth to lose young starters like this and not feel the pain. Besides Reese only having one year of eligibility anyway he wasn't even a full time starter for us last year. This is so OM though as this COVID-19 situation is just like a dead period which also tends to be when OM does their best recruiting. Most everything they do is always some kind of sordid under the table deal to tamper with or lure somebody because they really have no regard for any NCAA rules. During normal school sessions guys are being monitored but not right now. It doesn't help our cause though that while Leach brought his entire staff in tact from WSU that have no relationships in MS, Kiffin turned around and hired multiple coaches that had already been coaching in this State including 2 of our former coaches. Really puts us at a huge disadvantage in this environment when these new coaches that our players know nothing about aren't even allowed to be around them.

Hambone
05-19-2020, 11:15 PM
Time for Furdge and the guy from Olive Branch to step up

KOdawg1
05-19-2020, 11:28 PM
Time for Furdge and the guy from Olive Branch to step up

Forbes and Richardson will play before them.

Todd4State
05-19-2020, 11:34 PM

Good. We need to stand up for ourselves.

He's done here.

As he should be.

ZedFedder
05-20-2020, 12:12 AM
I highly doubt this happens, but it would be mighty funny if Ole Miss got burned really hard with sanctions because of this.

KOdawg1
05-20-2020, 12:15 AM
I highly doubt this happens, but it would be mighty funny if Ole Miss got burned really hard with sanctions because of this.

They won't get hit with sanctions. A transfer to them would just be blocked. That's about all that could happen

Todd4State
05-20-2020, 01:36 AM

At least they could actually legitimately blame it on us this time. Which would be ironic.

Todd4State
05-20-2020, 01:37 AM
They won't get hit with sanctions. A transfer to them would just be blocked. That's about all that could happen

I thought I saw someone say it would be a level I violation.

MetEdDawg
05-20-2020, 05:46 AM
Oh yeah. Was vocal & loud. Obviously, most people like that are complete frauds.

Looks like Mingo & Ealy have just been recruiting him.

Again, a complete lack of character

Actually he wasn't all Dawg. I saw an interview with him either on signing day or just after where he said he had intended on signing with LSU on signing day. Said he woke up and wanted to stay closer to home and chose us because we had been with him so long.

I vividly remember being completely shocked after that interview because I thought he was ours and there was never an issue. But that seemed to not be the case. I knew in that moment we weren't done hearing from Jarrian Jones.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-20-2020, 06:50 AM
He's done here.

I wonder if he whistled Dixie as he left Starkville for Oxford.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-20-2020, 06:55 AM

I guess in the end, the Forward Rebels campaign made a minor impact on former rebels being MS high school football coaches and personal trainers. That was one of their main recruiting goals to have more access to kids.

Meanwhile most State fans would see this situation and still send their kids to D1, but if the shoe was on the other foot rebel parents would boycott sending them. I guess Wolken was right, it's a damn cult.

Jack Lambert
05-20-2020, 07:05 AM

I don't think Cohen will be the only AD in the SEC to take noticed. There are two others with MSU ties one of which one probably does not like Kiffin. Then there is Volunteer Nation that has a lot hate for Kiffin and they have a AD that will go after people.

Cooterpoot
05-20-2020, 07:19 AM
Reese is a nuisance but its really Lovett and Jones that are big hits to our program and rejuventation for OM because Lovett and Jones are guys we recruited and signed and are on our roster to be the future of our program. We don't have the quality of depth to lose young starters like this and not feel the pain. Besides Reese only having one year of eligibility anyway he wasn't even a full time starter for us last year. This is so OM though as this COVID-19 situation is just like a dead period which also tends to be when OM does their best recruiting. Most everything they do is always some kind of sordid under the table deal to tamper with or lure somebody because they really have no regard for any NCAA rules. During normal school sessions guys are being monitored but not right now. It doesn't help our cause though that while Leach brought his entire staff in tact from WSU that have no relationships in MS, Kiffin turned around and hired multiple coaches that had already been coaching in this State including 2 of our former coaches. Really puts us at a huge disadvantage in this environment when these new coaches that our players know nothing about aren't even allowed to be around them.

Shut up. Losing Deke and Buckley werent bad things and Jones and Lovitt aren't stars themselves. McBath is better than Buckley IMO. There, I said it. Deke was a journeyman DL coach that I said from day one was a snake oil salesman.
We simply lack depth on defense and losing two guys hurts there. Neither of those kids will ever be stars no matter where they play.

Cooterpoot
05-20-2020, 07:21 AM
I wonder if he whistled Dixie as he left Starkville for Oxford.

More like he took a selfie. This wasn't as unexpected as some think. If I knew about it months ago, a lot of people did. There's still a handful of guys on this team that are similar in nature. Too many followers and not enough leaders in that little group.

Jack Lambert
05-20-2020, 07:49 AM
Shut up. Losing Deke and Buckley werent bad things and Jones and Lovitt aren't stars themselves. McBath is better than Buckley IMO. There, I said it. Deke was a journeyman DL coach that I said from day one was a snake oil salesman.
We simply lack depth on defense and losing two guys hurts there. Neither of those kids will ever be stars no matter where they play.

I have never thought Buckley wa that great of a coach. It isn't like our defensive back field has been a lockdown back field since he has been there. It hasn't been a great pass defense. Seems like they are always out of positions and getting beat. Give a few drop balls back to opponents we lose to a lot of teams.

StateDawg44
05-20-2020, 07:58 AM
Good Lord...

This topic definitely needed 3 threads started by the same person**

BrunswickDawg
05-20-2020, 08:02 AM
Good Lord...

This topic definitely needed 3 threads started by the same person**

Well, it has taken his mind off of the multiple threads about the M over S and football helmets. So we've got that going for us.....

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 08:08 AM
This morning Bo Bounds is basically congratulating Ole Miss for landing 2 4 star players in Jones & Lovett.

Also says to watch out for Emerson

I mean, what the hell is college football coming to?

ZedFedder
05-20-2020, 08:20 AM
This morning Bo Bounds is basically congratulating Ole Miss for landing 2 4 star players in Jones & Lovett.

Also says to watch out for Emerson

I mean, what the hell is college football coming to?

Who knows what will happen bc Jones was saying he was ready for cowbells a week ago, but Emerson put out some encouraging tweets that led me to believe he was staying.

Cooterpoot
05-20-2020, 08:28 AM
Soft ass coaching makes soft ass players. Most of these guys were somewhat coddled in HS because of their athletic ability. When they have to play for coaches that get up in their faces, most handle it and are better for it. Some don't.
Damn we had some soft ass coaching.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 08:31 AM
Soft ass coaching makes soft ass players. Most of these guys were somewhat coddled in HS because of their athletic ability. When they have to play for coaches that get up in their faces, most handle it and are better for it. Some don't.
Damn we had some soft ass coaching.

Jones committed to MSU
Then decommitted & committed to Oklahoma
Jones decommitted from Oklahoma & then committed to MSU
Jones almost flipped on signing day & signed with LSU

When he almost signed with LSU on signing day after being the ring leader of the recruiting class, it should've been completely obvious that something was wrong with the kid.

It's a bad kid regardless of how nice he is. He clearly doesn't have his head screwed on right & was soft & ridiculous before he ever got to MSU.

Look back at JJ & Lovett's recruitments & it's clear that both are complete headcases.

All the rah rah crap he did on twitter was just for his own publicity. Nothing more.

ZedFedder
05-20-2020, 08:42 AM
Does anybody have a link to an article saying he almost signed with LSU?

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 08:45 AM
Does anybody have a link to an article saying he almost signed with LSU?

There's not an article on it, but Rosebowl & Paul were worried about it on signing day.

I'm not sure if he was a take for LSU, but at one point he was seriously considering flipping on signing day.

The kid enjoys being recruited more than football.

Jack Lambert
05-20-2020, 08:50 AM
There's not an article on it, but Rosebowl & Paul were worried about it on signing day.

I'm not sure if he was a take for LSU, but at one point he was seriously considering flipping on signing day.

The kid enjoys being recruited more than football.

I suspect he will not be at Ole Miss. There will be too much bitching about it and will draw too much attention to Ole Miss.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 09:01 AM
I suspect he will not be at Ole Miss. There will be too much bitching about it and will draw too much attention to Ole Miss.

That's all I care about at this point.

I think in the log run with the two DBs we recruited last year & the huge JUCO CB we have committed, we'll recruit over JJ. It hurts a little, but I'm not sure he was the right culture fit at MSU for us to win with.

That being said, he shouldn't get to play at Ole Miss. You reward this

Dawgology
05-20-2020, 09:28 AM
Got Damn Carol Baskin!!!

Jarius
05-20-2020, 10:10 AM
Rosebowl has put on his board that D. Russell has been hanging out with the same group as J. Jones and his "radar is up" with him. Word is that a disassociated booster has been "throwing parties" and inviting our current players. Said booster is rumored to be the one with his name redacted. Also heard we could have as many as 7 enter the portal. This shit has to be dealt with immediately.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 10:18 AM
Rosebowl has put on his board that D. Russell has been hanging out with the same group as J. Jones and his "radar is up" with him. Word is that a disassociated booster has been "throwing parties" and inviting our current players. Said booster is rumored to be the one with his name redacted. Also heard we could have as many as 7 enter the portal. This shit has to be dealt with immediately.

This is about to get good.

Apparently players that didn't go along with it are speaking to the MSU administration about who is reaching out.

I think something is going to come from this

Dawgology
05-20-2020, 10:29 AM
This is about to get good.

Apparently players that didn't go along with it are speaking to the MSU administration about who is reaching out.

I think something is going to come from this

I'm very surpised that Ole Miss didn't learn their lesson last time...******************************

Aren't they still on probation for recruiting violations???? hahahahahaha this isn't going to end the way they think it will.

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 10:32 AM
I'm very surpised that Ole Miss didn't learn their lesson last time...******************************

Aren't they still on probation for recruiting violations???? hahahahahaha this isn't going to end the way they think it will.

I'm curious what happens if a disassociated booster gets caught illegally recruiting?

BrunswickDawg
05-20-2020, 10:52 AM

Probation period is over, but repeat offender window is still open

HailStateSZN19
05-20-2020, 11:17 AM
So apparently Jarrian told Jason Washington on Monday that he wasn’t transferring and that was just all rumors. That’s what my buddy told me he read on the 247 board a little bit ago. Wowzers....

BuckyIsAB****
05-20-2020, 11:28 AM
Its only toxic when State beats that ass a few times and lets them know that it isnt 1965 anymore.

Let him go to OM. Let him and whoever else that wants to go. I dont believe Russell is in it I think he has a legit problem.

Turfdawg67
05-20-2020, 11:56 AM

So an OM lawyer/booster that's been "disassociated" because of last time's shenanigans is hosting parties, per$uading a group of our players to transfer and using Leach's tweet as "immediate eligibility" ploy? Is that what I'm piecing together from multiple posts?

Jarius
05-20-2020, 11:59 AM
So an OM lawyer/booster that's been "disassociated" because of last time's shenanigans is hosting parties, per$uading a group of our players to transfer and using Leach's tweet as "immediate eligibility" ploy? Is that what I'm piecing together from multiple posts?

Yes

TheLostDawg
05-20-2020, 12:01 PM
I'm curious what happens if a disassociated booster gets caught illegally recruiting?

Yeah let us know when you figure it out

ShotgunDawg
05-20-2020, 12:01 PM
So apparently Jarrian told Jason Washington on Monday that he wasn’t transferring and that was just all rumors. That’s what my buddy told me he read on the 247 board a little bit ago. Wowzers....

Wow.

Anyone attempting to paint JJ as a good kid here is ridiculous

StateDawg44
05-20-2020, 12:35 PM
Yeah let us know when you figure it out

It won't matter. The NCAA won't enforce it the way it's written to be.

TUSK
05-20-2020, 11:07 PM

He falls up a set of stairs to his death.

dawgday166
05-20-2020, 11:16 PM

Man, I think you could do this board a huge favor if you were up to it. Get a pickup truckbed load of whiskey and weed and go visit Shotgun for about a week. Don't talk sports. Just drink and smoke for about a week. Maybe he'll chill out a little for a while after that. Take the dogs too ****

BeardoMSU
05-20-2020, 11:21 PM

Buckshot laced with COVID**