PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Insanity to Me that MSU Doesn't Use it's Best Logo For Highest Rated Sport..

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 01:29 PM
This is something that I will never understand as long as I live....

What if I told you that MSU had an awesome helmet logo that is nationally recognizable & would build our brand?

What if that logo already carried with it prestige, respect, & the brand of winning?

I get that the M over S is the baseball logo, but it has so much more potential. It's the best logo the school has ever created & is associated with winning.

Absolute insanity to not use it on our helmets & as the main athletic logo. Absolute insanity... to me the people that just want to keep this logo for baseball are beyond small minded & can't see the bigger picture that's right in front of their face.

Baseball deserves it's own logo? WTH does that mean & why? Why are we trying to separate sports & brands? Why would any MSU baseball player or fan care if the baseball team has it's own logo?

Just absolute insanity & small minded.

https://i.imgur.com/20yMN8H.jpg

confucius say
05-16-2020, 01:35 PM
Would it even look good on the side of a helmet? It is small and fits the front of a hat. Not sure bout a helmet. Does any stacked logo look good on a helmet?

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 01:38 PM
Would it even look good on the side of a helmet? It is small and fits the front of a hat. Not sure bout a helmet. Does any stacked logo look good on a helmet?

It would look absolutely fantastic if it were the right size on the side of the helmet. Fantastic.

To me, keeping the best school logo for one lower rated sport is peak Mittittippi Tate thinking

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 01:41 PM
https://www.si.com/.image/t_share/MTY4MDA4MDM0NTA0MDI1NDcy/greatest-helmets-college-football-history-oklahomajpg.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61mTuZ0u-lL._AC_SX425_.jpg

https://gamedayconnexion.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/095855898889.png

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71hwEONd0GL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Maroonthirteen
05-16-2020, 01:43 PM
Maybe the football and basketball team can wear the 1985 baseball uniforms too.

confucius say
05-16-2020, 02:19 PM
Baylor and OK aren't stacked, NC and auburn look good to me. They are wider than the M over S though, so might would have to widen the narrowness of the M over S.

If we ever go with only one logo, this would be a Lot better idea than templeton trying to do away with the M over S and change baseball to what football had in 07. Thank goodness Polk put his foot down on that one.

KOdawg1
05-16-2020, 02:44 PM
You've got your baseball purists who will always say hell no, but the fact is, it's our best looking logo and would look good on a helmet.

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 02:46 PM
Baylor and OK aren't stacked, NC and auburn look good to me. They are wider than the M over S though, so might would have to widen the narrowness of the M over S.

If we ever go with only one logo, this would be a Lot better idea than templeton trying to do away with the M over S and change baseball to what football had in 07. Thank goodness Polk put his foot down on that one.

Correct. Making it the right size and confirming the helmet is the most important part.

It'll look fantastic.

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 03:02 PM
You've got your baseball purists who will always say hell no, but the fact is, it's our best looking logo and would look good on a helmet.

Exactly.

It's funny Georgia and Auburn football both let their baseball teams wear their logo

Or how about Kentucky and Duke basketball letting their baseball team wear their logo?

You know why they do that? Because they want the best brand to be represent the school

Stop the insanity

Todd4State
05-16-2020, 03:15 PM
Personal preference- I would rather see an interlocking MSU on the helmet.

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 03:19 PM

The M over S is a better logo than the interlocking.

The interlocking just happens to be far better than what we currently have.

The M over S is BY FAR the sharpest logo we've ever had.

RiverCityDawg
05-16-2020, 03:27 PM
Whether the logo would look good on a helmet or not is an opinion up for debate. I think it could look okay and maybe better than what we have if done right, but not just overwhelming better than what we have. I think most people would agree that "State" is part of our brand, at least regionally, so I like that it's clearly stated within the main logo. I know there are split opinions on that logo, which is fine. All that aside...

College baseball, even our program, is very much a niche market and has very limited influence on the college football market. On the other hand football would absolutely dilute the powerful brand we've built for baseball within that niche market.

We have to be honest with ourselves, our football brand is not on par with our baseball brand. It's just not. And that's not "poor missippi state" it's just marketing truth. You don't dilute a successful niche brand with a larger more generic brand. You keep calling it insanity, but's really just smart marketing.

It would be like if Levi bought Patagonia and started calling all their jeans and other denim crap Patagonia. That's not really going to help the legacy Levi brand but surely you can see how this would dilute Patagonia.

Lastly, most of our fans buy gear with both logos and would probably buy less gear overall if we only had one logo. I know I would. I don't think our marketing people are interested in people buying LESS gear. At least I sure hope not.

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 03:37 PM
Whether the logo would look good on a helmet or not is an opinion up for debate. I think it could look okay and maybe better than what we have if done right, but not just overwhelming better than what we have. I think most people would agree that "State" is part of our brand, at least regionally, so I like that it's clearly stated within the main logo. I know there are split opinions on that logo, which is fine. All that aside...

College baseball, even our program, is very much a niche market and has very limited influence on the college football market. On the other hand football would absolutely dilute the powerful brand we've built for baseball within that niche market.

We have to be honest with ourselves, our football brand is not on par with our baseball brand. It's just not. And that's not "poor missippi state" it's just marketing truth. You don't dilute a successful niche brand with a larger more generic brand. You keep calling it insanity, but's really just smart marketing.

It would be like if Levi bought Patagonia and started calling all their jeans and other denim crap Patagonia. That's not really going to help the legacy Levi brand but surely you can see how this would dilute Patagonia.

Lastly, most of our fans buy gear with both logos and would probably buy less gear overall if we only had one logo. I know I would. I don't think our marketing people are interested in people buying LESS gear. At least I sure hope not.

Boy, I big time disagree that's using the M over S for football would dilute the baseball brand.

Big time disagree with that

confucius say
05-16-2020, 03:47 PM
Boy, I big time disagree that's using the M over S for football would dilute the baseball brand.

From an awareness standpoint, you are right.

From a success/natty contender yearly standpoint, he is right.

captaindog
05-16-2020, 03:49 PM
Isn?t there a poster that likes to create examples of different uniforms and logos? Maybe I?m getting my boards mixed up. However surely he could do some to show.

HoopsDawg
05-16-2020, 05:36 PM

Same. I do not think the baseball logo looks good on a helmet. And I like that we have our own unique logo for baseball. Larry Templeton tried to get rid of it, but we are able to fight off him and the consultants.

MaroonBelle
05-16-2020, 05:38 PM

This is absolutely correct

Cooterpoot
05-16-2020, 05:46 PM
I don't like MS on a football helmet. Not as it is anyway.

Dawgology
05-16-2020, 05:55 PM
Paging ChillyBilly. We need the mock up

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 06:00 PM
I don't like MS on a football helmet. Not as it is anyway.

When have you seen it correctly sized?

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 06:00 PM
Same. I do not think the baseball logo looks good on a helmet. And I like that we have our own unique logo for baseball. Larry Templeton tried to get rid of it, but we are able to fight off him and the consultants.

When have you seen it?

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 06:04 PM
This is absolutely correct

So you want throw away the best logo MSU has so a niche sport’s brand isn’t diminished?

Why doesn’t Bama, UGA, or Auburn do this with their baseball teams?

Why would they want their inconsistent baseball programs diminishing their football brand?

Coach34
05-16-2020, 06:07 PM
ANYTHING would be better than that crap we have currently. The Flying M kicks the shit out of our current logo

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 06:10 PM
ANYTHING would be better than that crap we have currently. The Flying M kicks the shit out of our current logo

This we can agree on.

KOdawg1
05-16-2020, 06:30 PM
Your avatar pic is my personal preference. But the MoverS would be better than the banner too.

Todd4State
05-16-2020, 06:41 PM

And LT is why we sold the interlocking MSU. And also why we use a the M-State logo. He always liked the M-State logo. And not because of AD inbreeding at MSU we keep using it because those people look up to LT despite the fact that he was a terrible AD.

MSU and Adidas could absolutely come up with their own version of the interlocking MSU if they wanted to. Most would be fine using it once a year and then the M-State logo the rest of the time. But no- we don't want to get confused with Ole Miss and "branding" even if it is incredibly unpopular amongst the people that buy MSU merchandise. Not using an interlocking MSU at least some of the time is just costing MSU money and goodwill among the people that support the program. But LT was so important let's make him happy.

msu15
05-16-2020, 08:08 PM
The interlocking logo(and uniform combinations) from the last Jackie teams are our best by far and it isn't close. The MoverS isn't even close.

HoopsDawg
05-16-2020, 08:19 PM
When have you seen it?

Chill Billy did a mock up. It looks better than our current crap but not as good as the interlocking MSU or cursive State in my opinion.

Dawgtini
05-16-2020, 08:20 PM
We used it a year or two on our football helmets...late 60s early 70s?? Seems like maybe Felker played with the m over s on his helmet??

captaindog
05-16-2020, 08:29 PM
1989-1995 is the logo I believe most like the best.
https://www.hailstateunis.com/football-uniform-history.html

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 08:38 PM
The MoverS isn't even close.

When have you seen it?

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 08:39 PM
Chill Billy did a mock up. It looks better than our current crap but not as good as the interlocking MSU or cursive State in my opinion.

Chill Billy did a mock up with the M over S taking up the entire side of the helmet. It looked like a FUBU artist did it. Was comically large & oversized.

You've never seen an M over S with it sized correctly to where the logo actually fits the helmet like Auburn's does.

that what I want to see

Lord McBuckethead
05-16-2020, 08:43 PM

I think you overestimate the "baseball brand". I would say the m over s looks like a high school logo from the midwest.

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 08:48 PM
I think you overestimate the "baseball brand". I would say the m over s looks like a high school logo from the midwest.

So I assume you believe North Carolina's & Auburn's are also HS logos?

Perhaps Tennessee's letter T is higher quality?

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 09:11 PM
Here's a rough crack at it. I'm sure it would look significantly better if professionally done.

https://i.imgur.com/aylKfwV.jpg

HailStateSZN19
05-17-2020, 01:57 AM
I wish we’d market “State” a lot more. A good bit of people call us “State” and it’s something OM & USM can’t use so its completely recognizable to specifically us. And imo, all the “STATE” script uniforms we have in sports are among our best. Here’s a tweet that shows a football helmet with “STATE” script as the logo and aside from the outline color of the letters, I think the helmet looks great.

https://twitter.com/bulldog_graphic/status/1241198962134089728?s=21

MaroonBelle
05-17-2020, 02:01 AM
So you want throw away the best logo MSU has so a niche sport?s brand isn?t diminished?

Why doesn?t Bama, UGA, or Auburn do this with their baseball teams?

Why would they want their inconsistent baseball programs diminishing their football brand?

Because baseball isn't a blip on football relevance but football could totally overshadow baseball? We all know football is king. No one from those schools cares what their baseball team does as long as football is performing well. You take a baseball logo that is from a historically good and nationally prominent baseball team and attach it to mediocre football team (which historically we are) and pretty soon all people attach to that logo is the mediocre football team and start thinking of baseball as a mediocre afterthought. The history of those great players we have had, of Ron Polk being the godfather of college baseball, of Thunder and Lightning, all attached to that logo and that logo attached to our baseball program, all gets diminished. U want to take the one logo from the sport we are most respected in historically and currently, the one thing we can hang our hat on, our most special thing that sets us apart (and it is, regardless of it being a "niche" sport or not), and drag it down to the level of all other sports and that doesn't help us at all. What does Florida do? What does Florida State do? South Carolina? Arkansas? ALL of them have secondary logos for baseball. U don't like the banner logo? Fine. Change it. But don't drag our baseball reputation into it.

If football, or any other sport at this school reaches that level of sustained prominence within it's own sport, get back to me. Otherwise using that logo for all sports is just casting pearls before swine.

ShotgunDawg
05-17-2020, 08:31 AM
Because baseball isn't a blip on football relevance but football could totally overshadow baseball? We all know football is king. No one from those schools cares what their baseball team does as long as football is performing well. You take a baseball logo that is from a historically good and nationally prominent baseball team and attach it to mediocre football team (which historically we are) and pretty soon all people attach to that logo is the mediocre football team and start thinking of baseball as a mediocre afterthought. The history of those great players we have had, of Ron Polk being the godfather of college baseball, of Thunder and Lightning, all attached to that logo and that logo attached to our baseball program, all gets diminished. U want to take the one logo from the sport we are most respected in historically and currently, the one thing we can hang our hat on, our most special thing that sets us apart (and it is, regardless of it being a "niche" sport or not), and drag it down to the level of all other sports and that doesn't help us at all. What does Florida do? What does Florida State do? South Carolina? Arkansas? ALL of them have secondary logos for baseball. U don't like the banner logo? Fine. Change it. But don't drag our baseball reputation into it.

If football, or any other sport at this school reaches that level of sustained prominence within it's own sport, get back to me. Otherwise using that logo for all sports is just casting pearls before swine.

I'm trying the help the football program by giving it a great logo that enhances its brand.

You obviously don't think much of our football program.

I get your point but believe it's absolute insanity and a misappropriation of priorities to put baseball or a logo above MSU football.

ShotgunDawg
05-17-2020, 08:33 AM
I wish we?d market ?State? a lot more. A good bit of people call us ?State? and it?s something OM & USM can?t use so its completely recognizable to specifically us. And imo, all the ?STATE? script uniforms we have in sports are among our best. Here?s a tweet that shows a football helmet with ?STATE? script as the logo and aside from the outline color of the letters, I think the helmet looks great.

I'm ok with marketing State but not ecstatic.

Most the country doesn't see us as state. Just the states around us. It's a pretty small minded endeavor imo.

The entire point here is to get out of being small minded Mittittippi Tate and build a national profile. The M over S helps us the most to do that.

RiverCityDawg
05-17-2020, 08:59 AM
So you want throw away the best logo MSU has so a niche sport’s brand isn’t diminished?

Why doesn’t Bama, UGA, or Auburn do this with their baseball teams?

The fact that you use Bama, UGA or Auburn to help support your view shows your lack of understanding. Those schools could not give a rip about baseball and have strong national football brands that could potentially elevate baseball. Baseball branding isn't going to elevate football anywhere, period.

In addition to showing poor business sense, you're not looking at this subjectively. You are placing a higher value on baseball marketing sway because you care about college baseball, and you probably have a higher opinion of our football brand value. Again, it's not poor missipi state. It's objective truth about our position in each market. Surely you see this.

If our football team were to rise to the level of baseball it could make sense on one level to combine. But if that happens we would be building brand equity in football along the way and at that point it wouldn't make sense to combine because you would have built two strong brands. You would maintain ability to market and sell two distinct logos/brands.

The "what looks best" discussion is a separate debate and even in this thread the opinions are split. The discussion of what makes sense from a brand marketing standpoint is a no-brainer for anyone that actually knows about this stuff. But keep calling it small-minded insanity, the irony is pretty hilarious.

ShotgunDawg
05-17-2020, 09:13 AM
The fact that you use Bama, UGA or Auburn to help support your view shows your lack of understanding. Those schools could not give a rip about baseball and have strong national football brands that could potentially elevate baseball. Baseball branding isn't going to elevate football anywhere, period.

In addition to showing poor business sense, you're not looking at this subjectively. You are placing a higher value on baseball marketing sway because you care about college baseball, and you probably have a higher opinion of our football brand value. Again, it's not poor missipi state. It's objective truth about our position in each market. Surely you see this.

If our football team were to rise to the level of baseball it could make sense on one level to combine. But if that happens we would be building brand equity in football along the way and at that point it wouldn't make sense to combine because you would have built two strong brands. You would maintain ability to market and sell two distinct logos/brands.

The "what looks best" discussion is a separate debate and even in this thread the opinions are split. The discussion of what makes sense from a brand marketing standpoint is a no-brainer for anyone that actually knows about this stuff. But keep calling it small-minded insanity, the irony is pretty hilarious.

You spent so much time here bashing my business sense, that I have no idea what your point was .

You think we should place a higher priority on marketing baseball because we happen to be better at it rather than using our best brands for football which accounts for 90+% of our brand?

confucius say
05-17-2020, 09:20 AM
I'm trying the help the football program by giving it a great logo that enhances its brand.

You obviously don't think much of our football program.

I get your point but believe it's absolute insanity and a misappropriation of priorities to put baseball or a logo above MSU football.

Not sure it's accurate to say he doesn't think much of our football program due to calling it mediocre. It is an average P5 program.

confucius say
05-17-2020, 09:31 AM
You spent so much time here bashing my business sense, that I have no idea what your point was .

You think we should place a higher priority on marketing baseball because we happen to be better at it rather than using our best brands for football which accounts for 90+% of our brand?

I think the point is that making it the brand of our entire athletic dept makes it the logo of, and associates it with, an average athletic P5 dept, whereas right now it is the logo of, and associated with, a top 10 program only.

You are willing to sacrifice it as a logo associated with only a top 10 program in hopes of expanding brand awareness. Others are not willing to make that sacrifice for such a gamble (no guarantee it works).

ShotgunDawg
05-17-2020, 09:37 AM
I think the point is that making it the brand of our entire athletic dept makes it the logo of, and associates it with, an average athletic P5 dept, whereas right now it is the logo of, and associated with, a top 10 program only.

You are willing to sacrifice it as a logo associated with only a top 10 program in hopes of expanding brand awareness. Others are not willing to make that sacrifice for such a gamble (no guarantee it works).

The average SEC football game gets 7 mil+ viewers while the CWS gets on average 1.1 mil viewers. That's regular season vs the equivalent of the final 4

Again, absolute insanity to not put our best foot forward in football. Absolute insanity

Which sport will draw more & better students?

which sport will increase donations & pride within the state?

etc, etc, etc

Again, priorities completely out of order & we're just talking about a logo.

Not to mention building a bad mitten dome when the football stadium needs massive upgrades.

The issue that many MSU fans have here is that they are prideful & familiar with the M over S logo. What they don't realize, however, is that 98% of the country has no 17ing clue what the M over S logo or what it even represents.

HailStateSZN19
05-17-2020, 09:41 AM
I'm ok with marketing State but not ecstatic.

Most the country doesn't see us as state. Just the states around us. It's a pretty small minded endeavor imo.

The entire point here is to get out of being small minded Mittittippi Tate and build a national profile. The M over S helps us the most to do that.

Shotgun, everyone?s opinion, unless their opinion agrees with yours, is small minded apparently lol.

ShotgunDawg
05-17-2020, 09:43 AM
Shotgun, everyone?s opinion, unless their opinion agrees with yours, is small minded apparently lol.

And now we know you no longer can explain or fight for your view point.

Attack me if you want, but it just shows that you can't defend your opinion as surely you'd rather defend your opinion than attack me. If you could

I didn't say it was a terrible idea. Just that it really doesn't do much to build our brand as people in Texas, California, Florida, NY, etc have no idea who the 17 "State" is

RiverCityDawg
05-17-2020, 09:48 AM

I'm saying we have a strong brand in a niche market. Branding in a dominant market can dilute branding in a niche market if the dominant product is not on par with the niche product.

It's not placing "higher priority" on anything. The M over S is our "best"/strongest brand because it is distinctly associated with our successful baseball tradition. Removing the distinction hurts the brand.

If you showed random football fans across the country the M over S versus what we have now versus the interlocking MSU, you would get varied responses as to which was "better". VERY few of them would recognize the M over S as being our baseball brand, and many wouldn't even know it was us without just using logic. It does nothing for football other than maybe a few people think it looks better. That's not a marketing or business reason to change. That's a shotgun's personal preference reason.

And I don't know how your 90% figure is derived, you might as well say 100%, it doesn't change the mechanics of the way this works.

ShotgunDawg
05-17-2020, 09:51 AM
It's not placing "higher priority" on anything. The M over S is our "best"/strongest brand because it is distinctly associated with our successful baseball tradition. Removing the distinction hurts the brand.

This is where we differ.

Yes, the success of the baseball program has helped the M over S brand, but I think it's clearly the sharpest & best looking logo.

I get your point, but my point is that it just far & away our best looking & sharpest logo regardless of the winning or losing it's associated with.

It's simple, clean, & unique among college athletics.

confucius say
05-17-2020, 09:59 AM
The average SEC football game gets 7 mil+ viewers while the CWS gets on average 1.1 mil viewers. That's regular season vs the equivalent of the final 4

Again, absolute insanity to not put our best foot forward in football. Absolute insanity

Which sport will draw more & better students?

which sport will increase donations & pride within the state?

etc, etc, etc

Again, priorities completely out of order & we're just talking about a logo.

Not to mention building a bad mitten dome when the football stadium needs massive upgrades.

The issue that many MSU fans have here is that they are prideful & familiar with the M over S logo. What they don't realize, however, is that 98% of the country has no 17ing clue what the M over S logo or what it even represents.

Why do you think putting the m over s in our helmet will increase awareness, draw more and better students, increase donations? All of that started happening for bama (and us to a smaller degree in 2014) when they started winning in 08 with Saban.

Is there any data that suggests changing the logo would do those things? Seems like quite a gamble, bc if it doesn't work you've relegated the m over s to just another logo of an average P5 school. You are willing to take that gamble, others are not.

RiverCityDawg
05-17-2020, 10:00 AM
This is where we differ.

Yes, the success of the baseball program has helped the M over S brand, but I think it's clearly the sharpest & best looking logo.

I get your point, but my point is that it just far & away our best looking & sharpest logo regardless of the winning or losing it's associated with.

It's simple, clean, & unique among college athletics.

Fair enough. I like it too, but it's hard for me to mentally separate it from baseball so I can't say if I would feel the same with it detached from all that tradition.

As confucius say said, it would be risking/sacrificing a strong brand in hopes that it improves or expands brand awareness. I just don't think it would do that because of how it looks and now you've lost the distinction that made it special.

ShotgunDawg
05-17-2020, 10:06 AM
Fair enough. I like it too, but it's hard for me to mentally separate it from baseball so I can't say if I would feel the same with it detached from all that tradition.

As confucius say said, it would be risking/sacrificing a strong brand in hopes that it improves or expands brand awareness. I just don't think it would do that because of how it looks and now you've lost the distinction that made it special.

Well, maybe the right answer is to just use for a few games each season & see how it looks.

Maybe start out using it in a non-con game that we should win & see how the introduction of that logo helps the branding through merchandise sells & it's perception.

We don't have to jump into the pool with it. We can dip our toe to figure out how cold the water is.

gtowndawg
05-17-2020, 12:15 PM
I wish we?d market ?State? a lot more. A good bit of people call us ?State? and it?s something OM & USM can?t use so its completely recognizable to specifically us. And imo, all the ?STATE? script uniforms we have in sports are among our best. Here?s a tweet that shows a football helmet with ?STATE? script as the logo and aside from the outline color of the letters, I think the helmet looks great.

Personally, I'm against the interlocking MS on the helmet. Pros and cons have been covered here but my main one is we've spent a ton of money over the last 25 years branding the M state mark. BUT, I will say that helmet that has "State" on it looks really good to me. Way better than I would have thought.

Coach34
05-17-2020, 01:03 PM
And we have wasted 25 years with the M-State crap. Nobody calls us M-State. We are MSU or State. The M-State stuff needs to go away

confucius say
05-17-2020, 01:34 PM
That helmet with state on it looks awesome

ShotgunDawg
05-17-2020, 01:40 PM
And we have wasted 25 years with the M-State crap. Nobody calls us M-State. We are MSU or State. The M-State stuff needs to go away

Agree. It's awful.

Serves no purpose. It's a Wal Mart logo

Todd4State
05-17-2020, 01:43 PM

But branding! But marketing!******

gtowndawg
05-17-2020, 01:46 PM

Nobody calls us MSU (not since my grandaddy in 1988 at least). In the Memphis area it's just "State"most of the time so we agree there. I'm certainly not saying the M State is a work of art by any means, but it's by far the most recognized brand we have around the country (for better or worse).

gtowndawg
05-17-2020, 01:47 PM

I could get behind that for sure.

HailStateSZN19
05-17-2020, 01:48 PM
And now we know you no longer can explain or fight for your view point.

Attack me if you want, but it just shows that you can't defend your opinion as surely you'd rather defend your opinion than attack me. If you could

I didn't say it was a terrible idea. Just that it really doesn't do much to build our brand as people in Texas, California, Florida, NY, etc have no idea who the 17 "State" is

And calling someone’s opinion that doesn’t agree with your opinion “small minded” isn’t a personal attack? So wouldn’t that mean you lost the argument from the start? Lol.

RiverCityDawg
05-17-2020, 01:58 PM

I agree. If we were to mix in an alternate logo or transition to a new one I really like that State script. The helmet looks great.

Maroonthirteen
05-17-2020, 03:25 PM
I agree. If we were to mix in an alternate logo or transition to a new one I really like that State script. The helmet looks great.

The State script does look good. Problem is the helmet wouldn't be symmetrical.

confucius say
05-17-2020, 03:27 PM
The State script does look good. Problem is the helmet wouldn't be symmetrical.

Put state on both sides and let's roll.

Maroonthirteen
05-17-2020, 04:21 PM
The logo would be reversed on the other side. Not sure if that works as well. Is what I meant

We always change the uniforms with a new coach. Have they leaked any changes for the Leach era?

HoopsDawg
05-17-2020, 04:45 PM

It's lol funny that decision makers like Cohen think it's our brand.

Drewbowski
05-18-2020, 02:58 AM
We'd look just like MC

ChillbillyRock
05-18-2020, 03:38 AM
Chill Billy did a mock up with the M over S taking up the entire side of the helmet. It looked like a FUBU artist did it. Was comically large & oversized.

You've never seen an M over S with it sized correctly to where the logo actually fits the helmet like Auburn's does.

that what I want to see

I?ll do it tomorrow!....geez.

Maroonthirteen
05-18-2020, 06:36 AM

If State decided to use the baseball logo for football, your concepts were perfect.

An auburn sized MS on The helmet wouldn't look much different than the MState logo on the white helmet now.

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2020, 08:04 AM
We'd look just like MC

We've been wearing the M over S for well 50 years.

Do you think someone in Texas, Florida, Alabama, or California is going to think we look like MC?

Again, let's try to think bigger than a 100 mile radius around Starkville people

I know it's terribly hard for this fan base, but I know we can do it

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2020, 08:05 AM
An auburn sized MS on The helmet wouldn't look much different than the MState logo on the white helmet now.

Huh?

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2020, 08:06 AM

Thanks! Looking forward to it.

I didn't mean anything by the FUBU comment

Dawgology
05-18-2020, 09:08 AM
We need to brand "State". Just "State". We are State to anyone that matters and most people that don't.

gtowndawg
05-18-2020, 09:23 AM
The logo would be reversed on the other side. Not sure if that works as well. Is what I meant

We always change the uniforms with a new coach. Have they leaked any changes for the Leach era?

Good point about reversing it.

On uniforms, I hope we don't change anything. For the first time in my life I feel like we have consistency and building a "look" with the stripes on the legs and the sleeves. Our unis look great to me.

HoopsDawg
05-18-2020, 09:39 AM
Good point about reversing it.

On uniforms, I hope we don't change anything. For the first time in my life I feel like we have consistency and building a "look" with the stripes on the legs and the sleeves. Our unis look great to me.

Agree. I like our unis except when we wear maroon pants. If we could get the helmet right, we would look good. And that matters.

fader2103
05-18-2020, 09:53 AM
You know what sells, WINNING. It doesn't matter what you put on a helmet. If you win, you sell gear, get higher enrollments (look at when we were ranked # 1, we had the highest out of state enrollment the next year). If we won the National Championship I could care less if a pink unicorn was on our helmet.

That being said I don't like the M over S on the football helmet, call me small-minded if you want. I am down for the scripted "State".

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2020, 09:59 AM
You know what sells, WINNING. It doesn't matter what you put on a helmet. If you win, you sell gear, get higher enrollments (look at when we were ranked # 1, we had the highest out of state enrollment the next year). If we won the National Championship I could care less if a pink unicorn was on our helmet.

That being said I don't like the M over S on the football helmet, call me small-minded if you want. I am down for the scripted "State".

Winning or not the M-State logo looks like shat.

The M over S would great.

I’m not in love with the State but it’s way better than the M State logo.

Maroonthirteen
05-18-2020, 10:17 AM
M-State logo looks like shat.

ogo.

Beautiful and powerful look

http://hallandarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/100716_DavisWade_KP062-1600x1071.jpg

StateDawg44
05-18-2020, 10:20 AM
We've been wearing the M over S for well 50 years.

Do you think someone in Texas, Florida, Alabama, or California is going to think we look like MC?

Again, let's try to think bigger than a 100 mile radius around Starkville people

I know it's terribly hard for this fan base, but I know we can do it

You are a true inspiration for us all...

Such a forward thinker. What a blessing it is to have you on our side. MSU would probably be lost without your meaningless rants on ED.

Shotgun for MSU AD!!****

Irondawg
05-18-2020, 10:25 AM

I thought I had saved what I thought was his best one because I love the baseball logo on a helmet, but this was the only one I could find.

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2020, 10:32 AM
Beautiful and powerful look

http://hallandarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/100716_DavisWade_KP062-1600x1071.jpg

In that setting it does look good, but not on a helmet.

It's not an athletic logo. It's a logo that goes on the side of buildings.

It would be similar to Alabama and Ole Miss throwing these logos on the side of their helmets.

https://wvua23.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/UNIVERSITY-OF-ALABAMA.jpg

https://d28htnjz2elwuj.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/12121156/University-of-Mississippi.jpg

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2020, 10:33 AM

I thought I had saved what I thought was his best one because I love the baseball logo on a helmet, but this was the only one I could find.

Yes, that's the one that is far it large for the helmet. The "FUBU" design.

I like the outline, but it's done at North Carolina's scale when the M over S would look better at Auburn's scale.

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2020, 10:38 AM
Another notable FUBU design was the 2014 football pants.

I mean, who thought the oversized M State on the pants looked clean, sharp, & classy?

Who OKed this abortion of a look?

https://cdn1.thecomeback.com/thestudentsection/wp-content/uploads/sites/165/2014/10/USATSI_8135315.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRxN2AJzWkLCdBzI38TmSPXsAo5wlD 24tk0X3egRhkJ0vRLqPUT&usqp=CAU

BHildreth3
05-18-2020, 10:56 AM

Thank you.

Irondawg
05-18-2020, 01:50 PM
I think I’m one of the few that wasn’t a huge fan of the interlocking helmet. Just didn’t look great to me either.

Todd4State
05-18-2020, 02:02 PM
I think I’m one of the few that wasn’t a huge fan of the interlocking helmet. Just didn’t look great to me either.

I don't see why we can't use both. That's really my beef with the athletic department over this. It's very easy to make everyone happy with a small amount of common sense and creativity.

If MSU wanted to use M-State for 11 games and an interlocking MSU once I would be totally fine with that.

ChillbillyRock
05-18-2020, 07:29 PM
Thanks! Looking forward to it.

I didn't mean anything by the FUBU comment

im trying to upload these pics and having trouble.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYVx2qzWsAA9hw3?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYVx2q1WAAAD35q?format=jpg&name=large

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2020, 08:01 PM

Just an incredible job here!

Those are the two best Mississippi State Football helmets I've ever seen.

WOW. That M over S one is incredible. An absolute national brand look.

https://imgur.com/PFlvbRv.gif

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2020, 08:02 PM

Please start a new thread & post these at the top.

Everyone needs to see these.

You got these right!

ShotgunDawg
05-18-2020, 08:05 PM

Would you mind if I use you M over S one as my avatar? Thanks

RiverCityDawg
05-18-2020, 08:34 PM

Both look great. Fantastic work as always, Chillbilly.

HoopsDawg
05-18-2020, 08:41 PM

That State in cursive looks really good. I would like to see that one game a year.

ChillbillyRock
05-18-2020, 08:49 PM
Would you mind if I use you M over S one as my avatar? Thanks

sure....use it all u want. If some of the tech-savvy admins wants to start a thread and post images correctly, please do.

fader2103
05-18-2020, 09:15 PM
Congrats Chillbilly. You made Shotgun nut himself multiple times in his mom's basement without HBO softcore.

smootness
05-18-2020, 09:22 PM
The MoverS definitely does look good there.