05-14-2020, 01:38 PM
Peace out. Let’s go, Lashley!

msstate7
05-14-2020, 01:40 PM
Tell us what you think shotgun

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 01:40 PM
The rumors were true.

Or course they were. They usually are no matter how hard the 247 guys deny them.

Oh well, we'll be fine.

Selfishly, it's crazy to me that the SEC allows this in conference, but the rules are the rules.

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 01:41 PM
Tell us what you think shotgun

I think it's horseshit & clear tampering that can't be proven.

I also think the quarantine is really doing a number on us due to kids sitting at home.

I wish there was some recourse as this doesn't feel right IMO

The fact that the Florida message board moderators knew so much more about this than our people is ridiculous & shows clear tampering.

A SR starter just walked out on his teammates.

If anyone says the MSU company line "I understand" then 17 you. It's ridiculous

HancockCountyDog
05-14-2020, 01:49 PM
That sucks.

MaroonFlounder
05-14-2020, 01:49 PM
I was told Reese didn't like Hevesy, but I guess he's willing to deal with that to play in his home state with his brother.

ZedFedder
05-14-2020, 01:51 PM
Yeah, this is a loop in the process. No way to prove anything, but you can bet Mullen communicated with him through the little brother.

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 01:53 PM
Yeah, this is a loop in the process. No way to prove anything, but you can bet Mullen communicated with him through the little brother.

Absolutely he did.

the kid sat in on MSU position Zoom calls every day while telling the Florida staff he was transferring.

Just absurd. Even the Florida 247 writers mentioned that they were worried about tampering here

yet again though, I fully expect our admin to roll over & do nothing while a blue blood just steals a starting player.

If this situation were in reverse, would Florida call foul?

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 01:56 PM
We have got the nicest fans in the world & I just can't bring myself to get on board with that attitude.

Have a competitive bone in your body...

KOdawg1
05-14-2020, 01:58 PM
I will say this extended time at home does everyone no favors. A lot of these kids are stuck in the house with dads, uncles, and cousins who get in their ear and fill it with nonsense.

Not saying that's what happened with Reese at all, bc he has ties to Florida

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 02:00 PM
Does open us up for another grad transfer?

I need to see who replaces him before deciding if it helps or hurts us

KOdawg1
05-14-2020, 02:02 PM

Scott Lashley likely moves inside.

The transfer portal giveth, and the transfer portal taketh away.

Brandon Cunningham will also likely get reps

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 02:02 PM
the big beneficiary to this is Scott Lashely. There's probably a party in West Point today

I hate to loose Reese's experience, but maybe Lashely is more talented.

FISHDAWG
05-14-2020, 02:03 PM

I also think the quarantine is really doing a number on us due to kids sitting at home.

The fact that the Florida message board moderators knew so much more about this than our people is ridiculous & shows clear tampering.

OK Gun ... I'm starting to come around to your train of thought .... How many Seniors that were 3 year starters have transferred in the past ... for ANY school. I'm sure it's happened before but there has to be a heck of a reason ... I don't know if Mullen is sticking it to us or if the guy just wants out or if Florida boosters are behind this but this absolutely stinks ..... can we make him sit a year ?

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 02:03 PM
Scott Lashley likely moves inside.

The transfer portal giveth, and the transfer portal taketh away.

Brandon Channing will also likely get reps

Yeah, I'm curious if this allows us to go out & acquire a DB or WR?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2020, 02:04 PM

It hurts there's no way around it. Can he be replaced? Yea of course but MSU hasn't made it to the level of just losing a starter & it not having any effect. The issue just like with Lovett isn't the person immediately coming behind these 2. I think Pickering & Lashley can do the job. The problem is it hurts your depth & we don't have that great depth where a starter can be lost & we just move on unscathed.

To answer your question we are now 1 under our 83 limit so yes we could add a grad transfer. The question is if OL is the most pressing need. You can make an argument that CB or even WR are more needed right now.

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 02:05 PM
OK Gun ... I'm starting to come around to your train of thought .... How many Seniors that were 3 year starters have transferred in the past ... for ANY school. I'm sure it's happened before but there has to be a heck of a reason ... I don't know if Mullen is sticking it to us or if the guy just wants out or if Florida boosters are behind this but this absolutely stinks ..... can we make him sit a year ?

He's a grad transfer I believe.

It's these types of situations that makes the free transfer policy the NCAA is considering impossible.

Everyone understands when players transfer for playing time reasons, but not this type of reason. The two schools should have to agree on the transfer & I can't imagine MSU would agree to this.

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 02:08 PM
You can make an argument that CB or even WR are more needed right now.

I agree &, if we're able to land a functional player at one those positions, this could be a net positive for this season.

I mean, it's possible that our coaching staff didn't try to convince Stew to stay all that much because they may not have loved him on film & may have an idea of a player, maybe a Wazzou guy or someone else, that they'd rather get as a grad transfer

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2020, 02:21 PM
I agree &, if we're able to land a functional player at one those positions, this could be a net positive for this season.

I mean, it's possible that our coaching staff didn't try to convince Stew to stay all that much because they may not have loved him on film & may have an idea of a player, maybe a Wazzou guy or someone else, that they'd rather get as a grad transfer

The staff liked Stewart & he would've started. He's a quiet hard-working intelligent kid. Type of kid any staff likes. It sucks he's leaving but this isn't a kid getting pushed out or who was unhappy. He's just going back home to play with his brother in front of his parents & now they don't have to split time going to half Florida & half MSU games.

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 02:26 PM
The staff liked Stewart & he would've started. He's a quiet hard-working intelligent kid. Type of kid any staff likes. It sucks he's leaving but this isn't a kid getting pushed out or who was unhappy. He's just going back home to play with his brother in front of his parents & now they don't have to split time going to half Florida & half MSU games.

What are your thoughts on the ethics of this?

Would we be OK with Emerson doing the exact same thing?

This is an SEC starter quitting on his team to go to another SEC school. You'd think the SEC would discourage this as it doesn't help the conference.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2020, 02:45 PM
What are your thoughts on the ethics of this?

Would we be OK with Emerson doing the exact same thing?

This is an SEC starter quitting on his team to go to another SEC school. You'd think the SEC would discourage this as it doesn't help the conference.

You're asking me to speculate on something that me nor you Know how it played out.

If Emerson had a brother on another SEC school in his home State then it would be a possibility.

I'm not sure what the SEC can or should do. The kid is a graduate he's free to make his own decision & he earned that right by taking care of business in the classroom. It sucks because we're on the losing end but if the roles were reversed you wouldn't care. You wouldnt say man The SEC needs to step In & stop CJ Bolar from transferring back to MSU. He's a 2yr starter at Vandy that's going to hurt them. You would be asking how can he get a waiver so he's eligible this fall. You're already plotting on wanting some Washington St kids to transfer here. What if they're 3yr starters & leaving their teammates. Do you care then? Should the PAC 12 step in & say no you can't follow your old coach, the coach that recruited you & who you played for 3yrs?

FISHDAWG
05-14-2020, 02:47 PM
You're asking me to speculate on something that me nor you Know how it played out.

If Emerson had a brother on another SEC school in his home State then it would be a possibility.

I'm not sure what the SEC can or should do. The kid is a graduate he's free to make his own decision & he earned that right by taking care of business in the classroom. It sucks because we're on the losing end but if the roles were reversed you wouldn't care. You wouldnt say man The SEC needs to step In & stop CJ Bolar from transferring back to MSU. He's a 2yr starter at Vandy that's going to hurt them. You would be asking how can he get a waiver so he's eligible this fall. You're already plotting on wanting some Washington St kids to transfer here. What if they're 3yr starters & leaving their teammates. Do you care then? Should the PAC 12 step in & say no you can't follow your old coach, the coach that recruited you & who you played for 3yrs?

you make a lot of sense that is difficult to dispute .... sometimes you have to overlook our bias and just let your words sink in

are you sure you're not that Yankee coach ?

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 02:48 PM

Solid points. If nobody cares about players quitting on their team, then by all means let's go steal a player from another school.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2020, 02:57 PM
Solid points. If nobody cares about players quitting on their team, then by all means let's go steal a player from another school.

LOL YOU DONT CARE!! If the player is coming to MSU & can help win Games you don't give a damn how he quit on his previous team. You only preach this accountability & teammate brotherhood stuff when a kid is leaving MSU. Costello should've just stayed at Stanford & Lashley should've fought for a starting job at Bama. We shouldn't be trying to go get a grad transfer Because these kids should just stick it out.

bobcat91
05-14-2020, 03:07 PM
Mullen is a POS and anyone talking BS about how they pull for him is garbage. He left us, talked crap about Starkville with his wife, stole recruits and is still working behind the scenes to damage our program. He can go to hell.

confucius say
05-14-2020, 03:25 PM
Mullen is a POS and anyone talking BS about how they pull for him is garbage. He left us, talked crap about Starkville with his wife, stole recruits and is still working behind the scenes to damage our program. He can go to hell.

I'm going to need to know how you really feel

AmiteDog
05-14-2020, 03:32 PM
You are right. The hunchback is and was always a piece of crap even when he coached at MSU.

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 03:33 PM
LOL YOU DONT CARE!! If the player is coming to MSU & can help win Games you don't give a damn how he quit on his previous team. You only preach this accountability & teammate brotherhood stuff when a kid is leaving MSU. Costello should've just stayed at Stanford & Lashley should've fought for a starting job at Bama. We shouldn't be trying to go get a grad transfer Because these kids should just stick it out.

I think it's different when a guy isn't a starter. I think that's clear & most everyone would agree.

Lashley clearly wasn't a starter & Costello wasn't going to be the incumbent.

It's pretty easy to separate those two from a guy like Reese

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2020, 03:39 PM
I think it's different when a guy isn't a starter. I think that's clear & most everyone would agree.

Lashley clearly wasn't a starter & Costello wasn't going to be the incumbent.

It's pretty easy to separate those two from a guy like Reese

But you can't pick & choose like that. No Lashley wasn't a starter but Costello had just as good a chance to win the job imo. Again if Costello was the clear cut starter & he decided to transfer here you wouldn't have gone on a tirade blasting him for leaving Stanford, Coach Shaw, & his teammates. You would've said the same thing that you said before man this kid could be the best pure passer than MSU has ever had. You would give 2 shits how it affected Stanford because it was a positive for MSU. You wouldn't have questioned his character or work ethic for leaving because you would have been too busy celebrating MSU getting a damn good player.

Most people don't really disagree with some of your opinions but it's the vast swings in emotions &
The total hypocrisy that you use sometimes that make it hard to take your valid arguments serious. That's not a knock on you at all just an observation from a regular everyday Joe.

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 03:41 PM
But you can't pick & choose like that.

Which is why everyone is scared as S&*^ about the one time transfer rule.

the other part about this that rubs me wrong is that he Florida mods knew about this when Reese was attending MSU positional Zoom calls

Whatever our opinion is on the ultimate outcome, this wasn't handled right by either Florida or Reese & Florida should get read the riot act for tampering with another SEC school's starting player.

If the two schools were reversed here, there's no doubt there would be crying from the other side.

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 03:42 PM
But you can't pick & choose like that. No Lashley wasn't a starter but Costello had just as good a chance to win the job imo. Again if Costello was the clear cut starter & he decided to transfer here you wouldn't have gone on a tirade blasting him for leaving Stanford, Coach Shaw, & his teammates. You would've said the same thing that you said before man this kid could be the best pure passer than MSU has ever had. You would give 2 shits how it affected Stanford because it was a positive for MSU. You wouldn't have questioned his character or work ethic for leaving because you would have been too busy celebrating MSU getting a damn good player.

Most people don't really disagree with some of your opinions but it's the vast swings in emotions &
The total hypocrisy that you use sometimes that make it hard to take your valid arguments serious. That's not a knock on you at all just an observation from a regular everyday Joe.

I have my biases for sure, but, if it were up to you, you'd want college football free agency with no rules.

That's just as brutal of a position as some of mine are.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2020, 03:44 PM
Which is why everyone is scared as S&*^ about the one time transfer rule.

the other part about this that rubs me wrong is that he Florida mods knew about this when Reese was attending MSU positional Zoom calls

Everybody always call any change to college sports the death of the sport. Yet it keeps on ticking. There will be some good & some bad to it like everything else.

Well when you have a source that's lives down the hall from the subject that's a damn good source. ESP when our sources can only go on what our side is seeing. I understand you're upset at that but that's the way it goes sometimes. Our guys had the scoop on Lashley because he had told Murphy & Kylin he was coming to MSU before he was in the portal.

Todd4State
05-14-2020, 03:45 PM
I didn't think Reese was all that good. Especially in pass protection. This is a meh for me. Not sure when he became good but he was average at best. Does hurt depth.

I hope we get another corner honestly.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2020, 03:46 PM
I have my biases for sure, but, if it were up to you, you'd want college football free agency with no rules.

That's just as brutal of a position as some of mine are.

When have I ever said that? Just because I want players to have more freedom doesn't mean I'm for anything. I just don't jump on the table & scream my opinion every time something happens.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2020, 03:48 PM
I didn't think Reese was all that good. Especially in pass protection. This is a meh for me. Not sure when he became good but he was average at best. Does hurt depth.

I hope we get another corner honestly.

His pass pro at guard wasn't near as big a problem as at tackle.

BiscuitEater
05-14-2020, 03:50 PM

While it does suck, it is NOT a clear case of tampering. Reese graduated already and he CAN talk to anyone. He just could have dialed Dan, said I want to come down and play with my brother and you.

Then, Florida 24/7 could easily find out he reached out to Dan.

maroonmania
05-14-2020, 03:51 PM

Exactly correct. I didn't care much for Mullen personally when he was here but you can put up with a lot when a guy is winning. Besides, every 'nice' guy we've hired at MSU has fallen flat on their face so you just put up with the two-faced SOB. The good part is we are starting to run out of players that Mullen and staff have a prior relationship with. The one thing we know about that staff is that they are not going to put in the work to build a new relationship with a player when they can just screw over their old school with a guy they already have an in with. They are WAY too lazy for that. I knew this would turn out to be true so that's why I said earlier in the thread that perhaps the bright side is that Reese is a much better run blocker than pass blocker and pass blocking is what's required in the Leach scheme.

RiverCityDawg
05-14-2020, 03:55 PM

At the end of the day, if a guy wants to leave the school he graduated from and the team he's been on and started on for most of three years, I'm not looking to twist his arm to stay. It's not like he's a mindless chess piece that Florida stole in the middle of the night. He's a human being who wanted to leave. Bye. No hard feelings, but you don't want to be here, see ya. I'm not going to be that broken up about "tampering" or trying to keep a guy that would rather be somewhere else.

maroonmania
05-14-2020, 03:56 PM
I will say this extended time at home does everyone no favors. A lot of these kids are stuck in the house with dads, uncles, and cousins who get in their ear and fill it with nonsense.

Not saying that's what happened with Reese at all, bc he has ties to Florida

May not do anyone any favors but a situation like this is way, way worse for schools with a brand new coaching staff. I'm sure our players like having the name
'Leach' as their new HC but they don't know him or the staff. They are pretty much strangers to our players. Reese going to Florida sets him up with a staff he is familiar with, playing with his brother, and likely a much better chance to play in an SEC championship game than we have in the West with Bama and others. Florida fans have been talking about this potential transfer as far back as last October so I think this has been in the works for a long time and our change in coaches just likely sealed the deal.

HailStateSZN19
05-14-2020, 04:01 PM
It's a loss but idk how big of a loss it is. There are other positions that a departure would hurt more but Lashley is going to have to step up along with . There was clear tampering here. Anyone with a brain who can put 2 & 2 together knows that. Can it be proven? No, probably not.

Now that we're at 82 with a spot to use, my first priority would be WR. Keep eyes on the portal until June & if an impactful, immediately eligible WR jumps in, grab him. I think that is the 1 single thing on offense that could hold us back from having a solid offense to being a lethal offense. Could honestly be the difference in a game, maybe 2.

If a big-time CB jumps in the portal that you can't pass up before a solid WR option jumps in the portal, then grab him up. I still think WR would be the 1 spot I'd add someone at but we could sure use another impact CB for next season too.

basedog
05-14-2020, 04:07 PM
I see Reese caring more about his family than Florida being the bad cop in this situation. I think it hurts us in depth not so much as a starter, in saying that I hate he is leaving. He may not have handled things the way we would have, but maybe he didn't want to let the "cat" out of the bag until he knew Florida was gonna accept him. I don't think it's that big of a deal since he graduated.

It's college football, nothing is surprising now days.

maroonmania
05-14-2020, 04:16 PM
One other thing, can I get a "Rosebowl was wrong" T-shirt?***

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 04:17 PM
and likely a much better chance to play in an SEC championship game than we have in the West with Bama and others..

Awe.... here we go an Mittittippi Tate "I understand" guy

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 04:18 PM
One other thing, can I get a "Rosebowl was 17ing wrong" T-shirt?***

FIFY

Todd4State
05-14-2020, 04:19 PM

I agree. And guard is one of the easiest spots to replace on an offensive line. I felt bad for him having to play out of position like that because of Hevesy's lazy recruiting.

maroonmania
05-14-2020, 04:22 PM
Awe.... here we go an Mittittippi Tate "I understand" guy

Good grief Shotgun, if you've read my posts you know I'm far from a poor ol' MSU guy. I was just trying to put out there Reese's probable thinking given our coaching staff is brand new here with no real relationship with the players while he has a brother and his former coaching staff down there. I'm certainly not OK with it but not much you can do with a guy who has already graduated. And yes, it is still much easier to win the East than the West. That is just a fact.

HoopsDawg
05-14-2020, 04:52 PM

Are we sure Lashley can play guard?

gtowndawg
05-14-2020, 05:06 PM
Jokes on him. We're not playing football this fall**

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2020, 05:16 PM
Are we sure Lashley can play guard?

Yea they think he can.

Coach34
05-14-2020, 06:30 PM
Let him go. He's a grad transfer and can move on. He wants to play with his brother- how do you blame him?

You cant be pissed about Reese and at the same time giggle with glee when Plastic Man or Costello transfers in. It's all the same.

Commercecomet24
05-14-2020, 07:24 PM
FIFY

You forgot to add "again"

Commercecomet24
05-14-2020, 07:25 PM
Jokes on him. We're not playing football this fall**

Lol rep given!

Bothrops
05-14-2020, 11:14 PM
This season is going to be so ****ed up anyway, and in so many ways. I guess a silver lining would be for one kid to get to play a game with his brother in college.

ShotgunDawg
05-15-2020, 09:31 AM
One thing that kind of pisses me off on the other end of this is how aggressive Mullen has been in the transfer portal since getting to FL, yet he did hardly any of that at MSU.

Again, he's a really really good coach, but we got a 70% effort

Cooterpoot
05-15-2020, 09:39 AM
The portal didn't start til 2019. How was Mullen going to use it here?

HancockCountyDog
05-15-2020, 11:23 AM
Let him go. He's a grad transfer and can move on. He wants to play with his brother- how do you blame him?

You cant be pissed about Reese and at the same time giggle with glee when Plastic Man or Costello transfers in. It's all the same.

Get that rational bullshit out of here.

If you want rational arguments, you have come to the wrong place.

Todd4State
05-15-2020, 04:31 PM
The portal didn't start til 2019. How was Mullen going to use it here?

Huh? I thought it has been around longer than that. Maybe the current form of it but the rules have been relaxed for a few years before that even as far as the grad transfer market goes I'm pretty sure.

maroonmania
05-15-2020, 08:16 PM
Huh? I thought it has been around longer than that. Maybe the current form of it but the rules have been relaxed for a few years before that even as far as the grad transfer market goes I'm pretty sure.

The transfer portal I guess has made it easier for communication with players that want to transfer but there were plenty of grad transfers and regular transfers way before the portal came into existence. I mean heck, who can forget the one year wonder of Jeremiah Masoli as a grad transfer at OM?

Todd4State
05-15-2020, 09:05 PM
The transfer portal I guess has made it easier for communication with players that want to transfer but there were plenty of grad transfers and regular transfers way before the portal came into existence. I mean heck, who can forget the one year wonder of Jeremiah Masoli as a grad transfer at OM?

Yeah used to you had to make up stuff to get people to transfer- like Ole Miss making sure that Masoli was going to be a park ranger or something so that they could pick him up. LOL. What a disaster for them that was!

dawgoneyall
05-16-2020, 12:33 PM
Probably good news....he knew he was going to beat out of the job by someone better.

Someone better is good.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-16-2020, 12:36 PM
Probably good news....he knew he was going to beat out of the job by someone better.

Someone better is good.

Who?

R2Dawg
05-16-2020, 02:57 PM

You hit on several spots.

1) Total BS that this can happen.

R2Dawg
05-16-2020, 03:00 PM
You are right. The hunchback is and was always a piece of crap even when he coached at MSU.

Bunch of bad smell on this one.

1) Fact that a player can transfer in conf. so easily

2) Fact that Mullen continues to show his colors and no class or respect to the school that gave him his big start.

3) I can't understand Reese leaving his team in his senior year. Did he get promised something at UF or did new coaching staff rub him wrong?

R2Dawg
05-16-2020, 03:06 PM

No it ain't the same either. First they both transferred out of conference. Plastic man wasn't going to play at PSU anyway. QB is a different animal to a large degree. Neither left to play for a former head coach that left the school with his middle finger waving while trying to bring players and basically destroy our program like Dan did. Dan been gone for several years and it is still costing MSU. If he had won us a championship it might be worth it but Dan didn't win anything but has just raided our coffers in Mississippi.

ShotgunDawg
05-16-2020, 03:14 PM
No it ain't the same either. First they both transferred out of conference. Plastic man wasn't going to play at PSU anyway. QB is a different animal to a large degree. Neither left to play for a former head coach that left the school with his middle finger waving while trying to bring players and basically destroy our program like Dan did. Dan been gone for several years and it is still costing MSU. If he had won us a championship it might be worth it but Dan didn't win anything but has just raided our coffers in Mississippi.

He's been gone 2 years. Is that several?

TheLostDawg
05-16-2020, 03:59 PM
Bunch of bad smell on this one.

1) Fact that a player can transfer in conf. so easily

2) Fact that Mullen continues to show his colors and no class or respect to the school that gave him his big start.

3) I can't understand Reese leaving his team in his senior year. Did he get promised something at UF or did new coaching staff rub him wrong?

You should know by now Dan could care less about us. He only used us as a stepping stone and tested the market just about every year. Any of us that expects anything good from him is delusional.

Dawgology
05-16-2020, 06:00 PM
Mullen is going to be in trouble next year. Everyone he recruited and coached at State will largely be graduated. How’s he going to recruit?

Coach34
05-16-2020, 07:47 PM

I hear ya dude- but at the end of the day a transfer is a transfer. And this one wants to play with his brother more than he wants to play for Hevesy and Mullen I assure you. Starters transfer from other programs also- not just us. Let us not forget- he was going to battling for his job in 2020. I wish him well- but let's roll.

WinningIsRelentless
05-17-2020, 09:09 AM
Some of y?all saying you can?t believe he would leave his team please explain to me why it?s ok to leave your job for another job but not to transfer?