PDA

View Full Version : How Good Will Myles Brennan be for LSU?

ShotgunDawg
05-13-2020, 09:48 PM
This is a huge question mark for them that isn't getting asked about enough.

Realistically, how good will he be?

They seem to believe they got something

"One of the top QBs in America" LOL. I must've missed that

trojandawg
05-13-2020, 09:57 PM
He might be pretty good but there was a reason they went and got burrow.

Tripp McNeely
05-13-2020, 10:01 PM
He might be pretty good but there was a reason they went and got burrow.

Brennan, himself...was LITERALLY the reason they went and got Burrow!

...his family does have some amazing restaurants though!!

TUSK
05-14-2020, 04:03 AM
He's prolly somewhere 'tween Tyler Russell and John Parker Wilson,,,

ie - Not that great, but decent with good (surrounding) talent.

bulldawg28
05-14-2020, 05:27 AM

This all day

TrapGame
05-14-2020, 08:35 AM
He ain't no Joe Burrow. LSU takes a step back on offense next season.

Cooterpoot
05-14-2020, 08:39 AM
Brennan isn't good. He was never good. Signed because of who his family is

dawgday166
05-14-2020, 08:41 AM
Not saying Brennan will be good but ... going into last year everyone on this board thought Burrow sucked too.

ETA: However, if Brennan was our QB going into this year, he'd be the next Joe Montana like Tommy was last year ***

ShotgunDawg
05-14-2020, 08:54 AM

I think this is the right answer. He'll be serviceable

Tbonewannabe
05-14-2020, 09:19 AM
Brennan was a high rated recruit and he had to benefit some from sitting behind Burrow. He might be a bust or good but there are a lot of factors working against him.

It is always tough following a legend. They also lost a ton of talent to go with Joe Brady leaving along with the DC. If LSU wins 10 or more then it shows that Coach O is better coach than a lot of people give him the credit.

BB30
05-14-2020, 09:55 AM

False,

Kid was pretty electric in high school. I don't think teams offer kids scholarships on the basis of who the family is unless they are trying to sign a package deal of one really talented guy and one average guy. A good way to waste a scholarship on someone that doesn't need the scholarship to pay for school to begin with. They may offer a roster spot to the kid of a prominent family or booster but I don't see them giving away a scholarship to Brennan solely based on who his parents are, especially when they needed a QB. I mean when he was signed it wouldn't have made sense if they didn't really think he could potentially be a good QB. The QB room when he was signed was pretty bare.

The kid was a high 4* out of high school and the number 6 pro style QB in the country for his class. He had a decent offer sheet as well. He only broke about every passing record the state of MS had.

All this to say, he won't be Burrow or anything close but he will be serviceable and he will have some stud athletes to throw the ball to. I think LSU ends up a 9-3 or 10-2 team. The kicker IMO will be the Texas game early in the season. I think we'll have a good idea of what he'll look like after that game. I can say I wouldn't mind having him on our roster under Leach. I think he would do well in Leach's system.

Cooterpoot
05-14-2020, 10:06 AM
False,

Kid was pretty electric in high school. I don't think teams offer kids scholarships on the basis of who the family is unless they are trying to sign a package deal of one really talented guy and one average guy. A good way to waste a scholarship on someone that doesn't need the scholarship to pay for school to begin with. They may offer a roster spot to the kid of a prominent family or booster but I don't see them giving away a scholarship to Brennan solely based on who his parents are, especially when they needed a QB. I mean when he was signed it wouldn't have made sense if they didn't really think he could potentially be a good QB. The QB room when he was signed was pretty bare.

The kid was a high 4* out of high school and the number 6 pro style QB in the country for his class. He had a decent offer sheet as well. He only broke about every passing record the state of MS had.

All this to say, he won't be Burrow or anything close but he will be serviceable and he will have some stud athletes to throw the ball to. I think LSU ends up a 9-3 or 10-2 team. The kicker IMO will be the Texas game early in the season. I think we'll have a good idea of what he'll look like after that game. I can say I wouldn't mind having him on our roster under Leach. I think he would do well in Leach's system.

His ranking was propped up by an LSU offer given due to who he is. LSU has always struggled with quality QB play minus a guy here and there. Instate schools didn't push for him. I saw him several times and was never impressed. Favre was better.
He's down to his last year and has never played much at all at LSU. You'll see this year. He's got to hope he can be a manager because the talent is limited.

Ari Gold
05-14-2020, 10:36 AM
Not saying Brennan will be good but ... going into last year everyone on this board thought Burrow sucked too.

ETA: However, if Brennan was our QB going into this year, he'd be the next Joe Montana like Tommy was last year ***

Tommy did get drafted... just saying..

PMDawg
05-14-2020, 10:43 AM

Adequate. Nothing special. They learned a lot from Brady last year, probably enough to make Brennan better than he would've been had brady never come to LSU. They really simplified a lot of things last year. That can only help, provided the current staff retains what they learned last year.

dawgday166
05-14-2020, 11:18 AM
Tommy did get drafted... just saying..

Maybe he'll become the next Tom Brady then ... since he was drafted so low. Who knows yet ... he might can.
I guess I'm kinda glad he wasn't Joe Montana last year cause if he had been we'd still be stuck with JoMo.

I think you know what my point was tho. Mainly I'm not sure we'll know till 4 or 5 games into the season about Brennan.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-14-2020, 11:21 AM
If Joe Burrow had a 95 rating. Myles Brennan would be a 80.

msbulldog
05-14-2020, 12:18 PM
Brennan was a high rated recruit and he had to benefit some from sitting behind Burrow. He might be a bust or good but there are a lot of factors working against him.

It is always tough following a legend. They also lost a ton of talent to go with Joe Brady leaving along with the DC. If LSU wins 10 or more then it shows that Coach O is better coach than a lot of people give him the credit.

He didn't get an offer from us or TSUN.

BB30
05-14-2020, 02:14 PM
He didn't get an offer from us or TSUN.

Can't speak for OM but he didn't fit what we were doing at the time at all. Just wasn't a good fit for us. Minshew didn't have offers from the in state schools either and he panned out alright.

Cooterpoot
05-14-2020, 02:53 PM
Can't speak for OM but he didn't fit what we were doing at the time at all. Just wasn't a good fit for us. Minshew didn't have offers from the in state schools either and he panned out alright.

He changed schools multiple times though. He didn't sit and get beat out every year.

parabrave
05-14-2020, 02:59 PM

Depends on his Oline. He is smart and can make quick decisions but he can be snapped in half very easily.

Uncle Ruckus
05-14-2020, 03:05 PM
Lol. LSU doesn?t give a flying 17 who his family is. Do you even know who they are? Myles has a fantastic arm and will do well there if the scheme resembles last years. His only issue is his size, but he?s bulked up a good bit since he enrolled

Cooterpoot
05-14-2020, 04:28 PM
Lol. LSU doesn?t give a flying 17 who his family is. Do you even know who they are? Myles has a fantastic arm and will do well there if the scheme resembles last years. His only issue is his size, but he?s bulked up a good bit since he enrolled

I know what I'm talking bout. You can believe what you want. His offers weren't incredible. Take out LSU and it was pretty pedestrian. OK State was about it and they're no recruiting juggernaut. He was a 3 star recruit til he got in that LSU boat.

Uncle Ruckus
05-14-2020, 07:29 PM
I know what I'm talking bout. You can believe what you want. His offers weren't incredible. Take out LSU and it was pretty pedestrian. OK State was about it and they're no recruiting juggernaut. He was a 3 star recruit til he got in that LSU boat.
Who gives a shit about his offers. Do Daks lack of offers make him a worse QB? What about Aaron Rodgers offers? You said LSU signed him because of his family and that is the furthers thing from the truth. I?m not like 90% of posters on here who claim to have sources and pretend to know shit when they don?t, but you need to let this one go because you?re wrong. I?m not saying he deserved his rating or he?ll light the world on fire, but he has the tools to do it. LSU doesn?t give scholarships to people because of their parents unless their are LSU blue bloods.

Skydawg1
05-14-2020, 07:47 PM
Miles Brennan sucks. LSU will have 4, probably 5 losses this season. Texas, Florida, Bama, Auburn, TAMU. (hell, maybe even to STATE)

Coach34
05-14-2020, 07:49 PM
He will be solid. His biggest problem is the talent LSU lost at WR. I could have thrown for 3K with those guys they had. Burrow was outstanding and really thrived- but he had a damn good supporting cast as well.

LSU will step back some this year after losing alot of damn talent. But they recruit so well- 8 wins is their floor. Brennan is a veteran now and should be decent. He will likely carve up our weak secondary and LB's in BR this Fall. I will be surprised if the game is within 2 scores

Coach34
05-14-2020, 07:51 PM
(hell, maybe even to STATE)

remind me how many wins in Baton Rouge we have in the last 30 years?

dawgday166
05-14-2020, 07:57 PM
remind me how many wins in Baton Rouge we have in the last 30 years?

A whole shitload. What ... did you miss all those? ****

Todd4State
05-15-2020, 01:41 AM
He will be solid. His biggest problem is the talent LSU lost at WR. I could have thrown for 3K with those guys they had. Burrow was outstanding and really thrived- but he had a damn good supporting cast as well.

LSU will step back some this year after losing alot of damn talent. But they recruit so well- 8 wins is their floor. Brennan is a veteran now and should be decent. He will likely carve up our weak secondary and LB's in BR this Fall. I will be surprised if the game is within 2 scores

Rumor is he is more concerned with drinking beer than playing football. We'll see how it goes. He ain't no Joe Burrow though.

RiverCityDawg
05-15-2020, 07:33 AM

Not just the talent around him he lost, but they're going from wonder boy Joe Brady to washed up and predictable Scott Linehan. Maybe Ensminger took onboard enough to keep it going, but that's a huge downgrade.

I don't give us a great chance of going in there and winning, but I do see them losing 4 games or so.

Bothrops
05-15-2020, 11:21 PM
LSU will have a big setback this season.

TUSK
05-16-2020, 03:22 AM
LSU will have a big setback this season.

Let's recap:

LSU went undefeated and won the NC in the toughest division in the toughest conference.... then they lost an inordinate amount of talent...

bold move, Cotton.***

HancockCountyDog
05-16-2020, 11:23 AM

Myles is a great kid. I don?t think he has the arm strength needed or the mobility to thrive.

Then again he will be throwing to at least one top 15 pick.

Ari Gold
05-18-2020, 08:59 AM
This LSU team will be more like the Les Miles teams of the past
And I wouldn’t be shocked if there is a QB change during the season... it will still have enough talent and the schedule sets up well for them which should result in 8-10wins

confucius say
05-18-2020, 09:39 AM
Average. Like LSU will be. 8-4.

BuckyIsAB****
05-18-2020, 06:30 PM

He played at St Stanislaus and they ran up the score in a weak region. He will be Danny Etling