PDA

View Full Version : Ron Polk is back!

Todd4State
05-13-2020, 04:35 PM
Special advisor for MSU. Happy to see it. MSU baseball is better with Ron Polk.

State82
05-13-2020, 04:43 PM
Special advisor for MSU. Happy to see it. MSU baseball is better with Ron Polk.

Yes. He needs to be involved with the program in whatever way possible and feasible.

BrunswickDawg
05-13-2020, 04:59 PM
Guess we don't have to take his name off the stadium now****

AROB44
05-13-2020, 05:25 PM
Guess we don't have to take his name off the stadium now****

But it should have been removed years ago. I lost all respect for him.

MaroonFlounder
05-13-2020, 05:33 PM
Yeah. Nah

His tantrum on the way out is hard to get over.

Todd4State
05-13-2020, 06:05 PM
His tantrum was also like 10 years ago.

I blame LT for bringing him back more than I blame Polk for wanting his boy to take over.

It's time to put the past behind us. Polk was wrong- and Byrne and Cohen proved him wrong. The first two years were tough. But Cohen brought our program back to where we want it- competing for National Titles and going to Omaha.

Polk will be a huge asset. There are tons of former players that played for him and he will be able to reach out and keep them in the loop which will help them program in many ways potentially. He has a lot of ties to the Cape Cod League. That will help with recruiting a little bit because if you come play for MSU you will almost have a spot reserved for you in the Cape. Polk will also help with older alumni keeping them in the loop as well.

MaroonFlounder
05-13-2020, 06:18 PM
I respect Polk for the level he got us to.

But He was so convinced he should be able to name his successor...TWICE. He shouldn't have left the first time. MacMahon only stayed what, another 4 years before hauling ass to Florida.

ShotgunDawg
05-13-2020, 06:46 PM
I'm smelling an awesome color analyst coming to MSU baseball radio.

Him and Ellis in the booth would be crazy good.

Cohen is really good but Polk has more stories to fill dead time.

Maroonthirteen
05-13-2020, 07:50 PM
We have found our ncaa liaison. ****

Homedawg
05-13-2020, 08:02 PM
I'm smelling an awesome color analyst coming to MSU baseball radio.

Him and Ellis in the booth would be crazy good.

Cohen is really good but Polk has more stories to fill dead time.

No. He wouldn't be good. No. Just no.

bobcat91
05-13-2020, 08:02 PM
I truly appreciate what he did in making MSU a baseball power, but his open attempt to sabotage our program when he didnt get his way, cant be forgiven. He tried to ruin things for John, sway recruits to go elsewhere and made former players choose sides. Sorry, but that's not forgiven. John is a better man than I am.

TALL DAWG
05-13-2020, 08:07 PM
We have found our ncaa liaison. ****

WINNER RIGHT HERE....lol...!!!!

ShotgunDawg
05-13-2020, 08:32 PM
I truly appreciate what he did in making MSU a baseball power, but his open attempt to sabotage our program when he didnt get his way, cant be forgiven. He tried to ruin things for John, sway recruits to go elsewhere and made former players choose sides. Sorry, but that's not forgiven. John is a better man than I am.

He & John have made up & are on the same page now.

Let by gones be by gones. Polk only did what he did because of his loyalty to Raffo. We can criticize him for that, but at the end of the day he was standing up for his guy.

Polk is a good man & wants the best for MSU. I welcome him with open arms.

msbulldog
05-14-2020, 06:20 AM
The MSU world is better today.

BB30
05-14-2020, 10:07 AM
Anyone not wanting this is out of touch. This can only be good for us. The dude is a college baseball legend. He is our Archie Manning. He was a pioneer in making college baseball what it is today and for that he should be applauded.

I'm sure he realizes looking back that he handled that situation terribly and I doubt this would be happening if he and Cohen hadn't mended any lasting disagreements. If Cohen is good with it now we should be as well.

tcdog70
05-14-2020, 11:17 AM
Polkie back in the fold--right where he belongs--