PDA

View Full Version : Mac McClung

ejdallas322
05-13-2020, 03:29 PM
Withdrawing from draft and transferring from Georgetown. I know a lot of schools are going to be on him, but we need one more transfer to complete the roster. Any chance we at least contact this guy?

Ifyouonlyknew
05-13-2020, 03:57 PM
Never say never but I don't see us going after a 6'2" SG who's a career under 30% 3pt shooter who has to sit a year.

StarkVegasSteve
05-13-2020, 04:01 PM
Go get him. He'll put butts in the seats. Kid is a human highlight reel.

Jacksondevildog
05-13-2020, 04:15 PM

This. I?ve been watching his highlights since he was a sophomore in high school.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-13-2020, 04:24 PM

Go watch Deivon Smith. He's just as explosive & will be a better player.

C222
05-13-2020, 05:29 PM
UNC, Tennessee, and Maryland are already after him. Our roster after next year is going to be bad. We won?t get him but you absolutely take him if we could.

missouridawg
05-13-2020, 08:37 PM
I’d quit playing for Ewing after I saw what Pippen did to him, too

Ifyouonlyknew
05-13-2020, 08:49 PM
UNC, Tennessee, and Maryland are already after him. Our roster after next year is going to be bad. We won?t get him but you absolutely take him if we could.

By the 2021-22 season I don't think he'd be better than Iverson or Deivon.

gtowndawg
05-14-2020, 12:44 PM
I'd love to have him, my 12 year old is a huge fan of Mac. But I don't think we have a prayer to get him.

StarkVegasSteve
05-14-2020, 01:05 PM
By the 2021-22 season I don't think he'd be better than Iverson or Deivon.

That's irrelevant at the moment. The kid is a known commodity human highlight reel who's got game. If he's interested, which he's not out of all likelihood, you take him. Smith and Molinar might be better long term prospects and Smith probably is. But we've got a MASSIVE lack of star power going into next season and with as bad as fan attendance is for men's game he would immediately elevate it. Again, it's all a moot point because we're not getting him, but he'd be a take.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2020, 01:20 PM
That's irrelevant at the moment. The kid is a known commodity human highlight reel who's got game. If he's interested, which he's not out of all likelihood, you take him. Smith and Molinar might be better long term prospects and Smith probably is. But we've got a MASSIVE lack of star power going into next season and with as bad as fan attendance is for men's game he would immediately elevate it. Again, it's all a moot point because we're not getting him, but he'd be a take.

It is relevant. He's a Soph who would have to sit out next year. He does nothing for next season.

StarkVegasSteve
05-14-2020, 01:37 PM
It is relevant. He's a Soph who would have to sit out next year. He does nothing for next season.

You right. With another compliance dept. we might find a way to get him immediately eligible, but Bracky gonna Bracky.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2020, 01:56 PM
You right. With another compliance dept. we might find a way to get him immediately eligible, but Bracky gonna Bracky.

So back to my original statement. I think by 2021-22 season both Iverson & Deivon are better players.

StarkVegasSteve
05-14-2020, 02:02 PM
So back to my original statement. I think by 2021-22 season both Iverson & Deivon are better players.

No problem with that statement. I think one of them will be as good or better. And that is Deivon Smith. He's basically the same thing as McClung. Mac's just a known commodity whereas Smith is an unknown.

Ifyouonlyknew
05-14-2020, 02:25 PM
No problem with that statement. I think one of them will be as good or better. And that is Deivon Smith. He's basically the same thing as McClung. Mac's just a known commodity whereas Smith is an unknown.

That's not counting a Jr DJ Stewart that season either whos likely a preseason All SEC pick then.

msstate7
05-27-2020, 08:31 PM
He picked Texas tech. If beard wants him, that says a lot to me