PDA

View Full Version : California State Colleges Closed Through Fall Semester...

ShotgunDawg
05-12-2020, 03:47 PM
I wonder if Arnett has any San Diego State players that would like to play in the SEC for a year?

UCLA or Cal got any WRs?

msstate7
05-12-2020, 03:49 PM
Interesting thought. Costello, call your buddies up

ShotgunDawg
05-12-2020, 03:51 PM
Interesting thought. Costello, call your buddies up

Stanford & USC are private schools, so this doesn't apply to them. However, yes, I'd assume Costello does know SDSU, CAL, & USC players.

So does our coaching staff.

TrapGame
05-12-2020, 03:52 PM
Could they play immediately?

If so why not.

ShotgunDawg
05-12-2020, 03:53 PM
Could they play immediately?

If so why not.

I'd assume so. Their school doesn't offer football

msstate7
05-12-2020, 03:55 PM
Stanford & USC are private schools, so this doesn't apply to them. However, yes, I'd assume Costello does know SDSU, CAL, & USC players.

So does our coaching staff.

Well if usc and UCLA aren't gonna play, I assume pac12 is gonna call it a day

ShotgunDawg
05-12-2020, 03:55 PM
Well if usc and UCLA aren't gonna play, I assume pac12 is gonna call it a day

USC is private. Cal & UCLA won't play

msstate7
05-12-2020, 03:59 PM
USC is private. Cal & UCLA won't play

Same deal, different schools

Commercecomet24
05-12-2020, 03:59 PM
Ah California, always the leader lol! SMH.

ShotgunDawg
05-12-2020, 04:03 PM
Ah California, always the leader lol! SMH.

From what I gather, much of the issue is that parents aren't wanting pay for online tuition for the Fall. They would just rather keep their money until their child can go back to school & receive the full experience.

I've heard that Harvard is having the same issue. Harvard's tuition is $50K per year with 90% of the value being the connections you make while actually attending Harvard.

If you have to take online courses for $50K per year, you're losing 90% of the value

Jack Lambert
05-12-2020, 04:03 PM
USC and Stanford will be the only PAC 12 California schools?

Commercecomet24
05-12-2020, 04:05 PM
From what I gather, much of the issue is that parents aren't wanting pay for online tuition for the Fall. They would just rather keep their money until their child can go back to school & receive the full experience.

This whole thing just keeps getting crazier and crazier, and I can understand the parents point of view, but Shutting something down that still 4 months away. Oh well.

Jack Lambert
05-12-2020, 04:06 PM
Next question will be what will the NCAA allow those players to do?

Liverpooldawg
05-12-2020, 04:09 PM
We probabaly won't be playing either. Y'all just need to get ready for that.

HoopsDawg
05-12-2020, 04:12 PM

I've heard that Harvard is having the same issue. Harvard's tuition is $50K per year with 90% of the value being the connections you make while actually attending Harvard.

If you have to take online courses for $50K per year, you're losing 90% of the value

College is a pyramid scheme.

ShotgunDawg
05-12-2020, 04:14 PM

Negative ghostwriter.

You need to get prepared for us to play

Commercecomet24
05-12-2020, 04:14 PM
Negative ghostwriter.

Gotta give you some rep on that one!

ShotgunDawg
05-12-2020, 04:15 PM
I stand corrected on something.

California State University does not refer to UCLA & Cal. They are the University of California system not the Cal St system.

This only refers to San Diego State & Fresno State

Homedawg
05-12-2020, 04:21 PM
This whole thing just keeps getting crazier and crazier, and I can understand the parents point of view, but Shutting something down that still 4 months away. Oh well.

This guy gets it. No reason to cancel this far out.

SheltonChoked
05-12-2020, 04:22 PM
I wonder if Arnett has any San Diego State players that would like to play in the SEC for a year?

UCLA or Cal got any WRs?

This is just the Cal State system.

Does not affect UCLA or Cal as they are in a separate system.

ShotgunDawg
05-12-2020, 04:35 PM
This is just the Cal State system.

Does not affect UCLA or Cal as they are in a separate system.

Correct. Only effects San Diego State & Fresno State

Since Arnett coached at San Diego State though, if there is anyone on that defense that can play for us, you'd think we'd be a legit option

Todd4State
05-12-2020, 04:41 PM
We'll have SEC football. Only question is if the schedule will be all SEC teams or the regular schedule.

Extendedcab
05-12-2020, 04:47 PM
Correct. Only effects San Diego State & Fresno State

Since Arnett coached at San Diego State though, if there is anyone on that defense that can play for us, you'd think we'd be a legit option

Wow! I would think the fans, students, coaches, administration etc. will be demanding to resume classes, and hence sports, if the rest of the US colleges do.

msugolf
05-12-2020, 05:02 PM

I semi-expected that from you. Actually I expected for you to include "It won't matter anyways because we likely won't make a bowl."

HoopsDawg
05-12-2020, 05:03 PM
we should all just wait to see what the Ivy League schools decide. They were right on the front end.

Dawgology
05-12-2020, 05:07 PM
This statement is not meant as an attack on any certain party but I would imagine that most "blue states" will follow suit and close campuses for the fall.

BiscuitEater
05-12-2020, 06:13 PM
This statement is not meant as an attack on any certain party but I would imagine that most "blue states" will follow suit and close campuses for the fall.

Plus, Blue states will be demandIng Federal $$, your tax $$, while they refuse to open anything! Count on it!

Todd4State
05-12-2020, 06:19 PM
I don't see why having students on campus would really matter that much.

How many colleges before COVID had quite a bit of enrollment from online students? Joe Burrow took all of his classes online last year- and that's not uncommon in this era of football where players have five years to play four. I believe Nick Fitzgerald did the same his senior year at MSU.

Jarius
05-12-2020, 06:40 PM

The chance of us not playing is zero. Literally zero.

KOdawg1
05-12-2020, 06:46 PM
Absolutely no reason to make that decision this far out. None.

Liverpooldawg
05-12-2020, 07:03 PM
Negative ghostwriter.

I hope you are right. I think the pros will play. I just don't see academic sports happening for a while. I hope I'm wrong. High school and college football are how I spend my falls.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
05-12-2020, 07:27 PM
Maybe all schools will soon announce closing for fall and then about early July, Fauci will roll out the MIRACLE VACCINE, everyone will be so desperate for football and the fear will be at all time high, everyone will run and get the vaccine and BAM everything will be back to normal. Fauci and Gates make BILLIONS and we'll all be none the wiser.

The Federalist Engineer
05-12-2020, 07:57 PM
I bet Colorado, Oregon, Washington, and other deeply liberal college sites call it quits. Maybe even Wisconsin, Miami, and some Big 10 (Rutgers/Maryland)

Jack Lambert
05-12-2020, 08:01 PM

Just think how crazy it would be Football started in January. We could have Football, Basketball and Baseball on campus on the same Saturday.

Coach34
05-12-2020, 08:20 PM
The Southeast and East Coast are playing football in 2020. Thats happening.

R2Dawg
05-12-2020, 09:00 PM
Next question will be what will the NCAA allow those players to do?

Probably pay them to not play this year so they can be even with the other schools who will be paying players.

Turfdawg67
05-12-2020, 09:34 PM
Plus, Blue states will be demandIng Federal $$, your tax $$, while they refuse to open anything! Count on it!

Easy there... some of our favorite red states are the biggest sucklers of the federal teat. Hint, Mississippi is #1.

HoopsDawg
05-12-2020, 09:48 PM
Just think how crazy it would be Football started in January. We could have Football, Basketball and Baseball on campus on the same Saturday.

To me, that makes a lot of sense.

Jack Lambert
05-12-2020, 10:09 PM
Easy there... some of our favorite red states are the biggest sucklers of the federal teat. Hint, Mississippi is #1.

Deleted because I did not want to make this a political thread.

The Federalist Engineer
05-12-2020, 10:23 PM
I stand corrected on something.

California State University does not refer to UCLA & Cal. They are the University of California system not the Cal St system.

This only refers to San Diego State & Fresno State

Well, if LA County bans this type of activity, then that takes out USC and UCLA regardless of the wishes of the PAC or even College Presidents. Governors and major Municipal authorities will trump Athletic commissioners.

Quaoarsking
05-12-2020, 10:52 PM
Just because they don't have on-campus classes doesn't mean football in canceled. A lot of football players all over the place take mostly or entirely online classes.

Every FBS school depends on football to fund the rest of its athletic department, so unless it's totally impossible, every school is going to play the 2020 season. That determination, as well as whether fans will be allowed, is something that's going to come a couple months from now.

Todd4State
05-12-2020, 11:14 PM
Just because they don't have on-campus classes doesn't mean football in canceled. A lot of football players all over the place take mostly or entirely online classes.

Every FBS school depends on football to fund the rest of its athletic department, so unless it's totally impossible, every school is going to play the 2020 season. That determination, as well as whether fans will be allowed, is something that's going to come a couple months from now.

Exactly. I don't get the "we have to have students" thing at all. Honestly I'd bet nationwide a majority of the students go home on football weekends. We should be in Phase two at worst by July if I had to guess.

dantheman4248
05-12-2020, 11:39 PM

So the issue is outrageous tuition prices? And if they were reasonable then they would have football.

Interesting. Very very interesting.

FISHDAWG
05-13-2020, 07:59 AM
We'll have SEC football. Only question is if the schedule will be all SEC teams or the regular schedule.

Sankey must have said something yesterday ... this am on the radio just before I got out of my car they were discussing something along the lines of Sankey saying the SEC will play regardless of what other conferences do .... made for an interesting discussion that I missed out on ..... any idea of what was said ?

Cooterpoot
05-13-2020, 08:01 AM
The MAC just canceled spring conference tourneys and shortened baseball and softball seasons. Some of their programs are $65M in debt.

FISHDAWG
05-13-2020, 08:03 AM
Negative writer.

FIFY

dantheman4248
05-13-2020, 12:55 PM
FIFY

Shotgun was paraphrasing top gun.

FISHDAWG
05-13-2020, 02:58 PM
Shotgun was paraphrasing top gun.

I know ... I was fixing it

Turfdawg67
05-13-2020, 09:47 PM
Deleted because I did not want to make this a political thread.

https://i.postimg.cc/VNbVPRvT/IMG-0751.gif

Ari Gold
05-14-2020, 10:39 AM
Not to go off on a rant here...(Dennis Miller )
40 million people / 3k deaths form the virus..
do the math....
Its not about the safety of college kids and if anyone thinks that then they are as dumb as that governor..

Joebob
05-14-2020, 02:59 PM
Not to go off on a rant here...(Dennis Miller )
40 million people / 3k deaths form the virus..
do the math....
Its not about the safety of college kids and if anyone thinks that then they are as dumb as that governor..

So the shutdowns had nothing to do with the infections and deaths being so low? I never knew.