PDA

View Full Version : A flip and a flop..Bears lose big recruit

bully99
11-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Andy Bauer ..big lineman flips to Missouri. He's gone from Missouri to Ole Miss and now back to Missouri.

Goat Holder
11-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Never saw that coming. Derp.

MarketingBully01
11-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Haha!

starkvegasdawg
11-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Andy Bauer ..big lineman flips to Missouri. He's gone from Missouri to Ole Miss and now back to Missouri.

He must have been Mormon and had his offer pulled by Bucky.

blacklistedbully
11-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Yep, they didn't really want him. Needed his spot for a higher 5-star TBA***

AlSwearengen
11-04-2013, 11:24 AM
will just give them more motivation to sign the guy rated above him.

Todd4State
11-04-2013, 01:20 PM
will just give them more motivation to sign the guy rated above him.

Heard they pulled his offer to get the guy rated above him.**

AlSwearengen
11-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Heard they pulled his offer to get the guy rated above him.**

Todd, I would normally laugh at that comment. But after last year, I won't underestimate them.

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
They may have a shot at some better players, but if you look at their current commits vs ours, there isn't a hair of difference. In fact, since we have two capable QBs committed, which is the most important position on the field, and with some of our guys underrated, like Bryant and Staley, I think you could make a strong argument that our class is better at the moment.

All their guys are rated as high as possible. I don't think any of their players are rated lower than their ceiling.

Some of ours are.

SignalToNoise
11-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Sounds like Missouri was outbid and then responded nicely.

geotop
11-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Mizzou went from 5-7 last year to 8-1 and sitting in the top 10 , likely will end up higher with only one tough game left on the schedule. Likely , will
play in the SEC championship.

they have TN, then Miss then TAMU.... however, QB James Franklin is coming back ( I heard that he could have come back sooner but
refused cortizone shots into his shoulder.)

if ever there was a team that could beat TAMU, it could be Mizzou....

hard for Bauer not to get swept up with mizzou's success.

Todd4State
11-04-2013, 06:50 PM
This kid is from St. Louis. Mizzou is about 90-100 miles away from him as opposed to about 5-6 hours away in Oxford.

St. Louis and Kansas City > than Oxford.

Sam&DeansDawg
11-04-2013, 07:42 PM
The OM fans I see are on meltdown for losing this guy. He tore something in his leg or hip and they still kept his offer up. They're pissed. I saw his highlights and dude is a stud.

Political Hack
11-04-2013, 08:33 PM
they've had one impressive win in the last two years yet their fans are drooling over them because they have the 3rd or 4 the best group of 18 year olds in the SEC west. I don't get it... I mean it's fun to be excited about mediocrity when you've been so terrible, but the mass delusional hysteria over 12-9 is amazing.

Jdawg
11-04-2013, 10:04 PM
What position does he play and how good was he?

J-Dawg
11-04-2013, 10:47 PM
What position does he play and how good was he?

Really?

Jdawg
11-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Really?

WTH? Your user name is not very original.

J-Dawg
11-05-2013, 07:31 AM
WTH? Your user name is not very original.

I should be saying that to you. Check the join date, buddy.

Jdawg
11-05-2013, 07:52 AM
I should be saying that to you. Check the join date, buddy.

I'm gonna need you to change your user name. You may have joined before me but I'm the original Jdawg.

bully99
11-05-2013, 07:55 AM
I'm calling for a "J" and a "J-" battle royale. May the best "J" plus or minus a hyphen win.

Jdawg
11-05-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm calling form a "J" and a "J-" battle royale. May the best "J" plus or minus a hyphen win.

There's only room for one Jdawg on this forum. Hyphens are for losers.

Political Hack
11-05-2013, 08:07 AM
we'll just call y'all JJ.

starkvegasdawg
11-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Let's get Michael Buffer in here and get this settled right.

Jdawg
11-05-2013, 09:19 AM
We can just call j -hyphen Junior. Or Double J, I'll let him decide.

blacklistedbully
11-05-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm gonna need you to change your user name. You may have joined before me but I'm the original Jdawg.

May I suggest J-Dawg change his to, "JhyphenDawg", or Jdawg change his to, "TheOriginalJdawg"?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-05-2013, 10:25 AM
I think we should get to see pics of each one's SO, have an Elite Vote, and the loser has the change their name as voted on by members...

deltadawg99
11-05-2013, 02:11 PM
The Bears lose a 4* OL and they get a commit from a 4* CB from Georgia that apparently chose them over FSU.

They may be the best in the business in PR.

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2013, 02:16 PM
The Bears lose a 4* OL and they get a commit from a 4* CB from Georgia that apparently chose them over FSU.

They may be the best in the business in PR.

Funny how they always release commitments at the right time.

Just watched the video on this guy and he is fast, but pretty tiny. Here is his video: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1433699/

I watched FSU play the other night, and, after watching his video, something tells me this guy didn't have a committable offer from FSU.

Solid pickup, but not a difference making player in IMO, because he simply isn't physical enough. Good player, but I don't think he moves their talent level any higher than it currently is.

Vancleave
11-05-2013, 03:25 PM
TSUN just got a 3* DB recruit out of Georgia. Dang, what is their pipeline from Georgia? We offered him and not so much as a sniff. If anything needs to change is recruiting. The Bears are going after these national and regional recruits like crazy. They are whiffing on most of them but a few.

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2013, 03:32 PM
TSUN just got a 3* DB recruit out of Georgia. Dang, what is their pipeline from Georgia? We offered him and not so much as a sniff. If anything needs to change is recruiting. The Bears are going after these national and regional recruits like crazy. They are whiffing on most of them but a few.

Yea, but, as of right now, their recruiting class does't have a hair more of talent than ours. I don't want to compare every player, but if you want to argue with me then go watch the videos of both recruiting classes before doing so; because I have.

Furthermore, not debating if this kid is a true 4 star, but any player from the Atlanta area is going to be ranked at the maximum of his ability level. Atlanta, Central and South Florida, and Dallas and Houston are the most scouted areas in this country. Therefore, kids from those areas are always going to have more offers and thus be ranked higher than kids from MS and the reason is very simple.

If an assistant coach flies into ATL, MIA, Orlando, Houston, or Dallas then he can watch 20 prospects that live within 2 hours of each other. Therefore, it's much more cost efficient to scout those areas. In contrast, if an assistant coach wants to go watch our commit Bryant, then he has to make a special 2-4 hour trip to watch one player that lives in the middle of nowhere which raises the risk of wasting recruiting days and money.

JeanPeesSittingDown
11-05-2013, 03:42 PM
I think shotgun nailed it. He looks a little too small to make too much of an impact. I think in the SEC we will see a trend of DBs becoming much larger and more physical to match up with the Mike Evans type.

wrb7480
11-05-2013, 03:53 PM
What matters is on the field!! Don't care about stars!!

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2013, 04:14 PM
What matters is on the field!! Don't care about stars!!

I agree, but stars do matter if the kid is a high 4 or 5 star, or an evaluated 2 star.

The problem these recruiting services run into is the difference between the low 4 star, high 3 star, and unevaluated 2 star (Bryant). This creates a massive pile players that they use non-consistent measurables and offers to separate, and it creates a ranking of players that is inaccurate because most of the guys have about the same talent, and whether or not they succeed in college comes down to fit and coaching.

Problem is, for teams outside the top 10 of recruiting and under 35, these players make up the majority of the recruiting class, and therefore there isn't a hair of difference between these recruiting classes. In fact, the difference could come down more to where these recruits live rather than their actual talent. As explained in my previous post, If they live in ATL, TX, or FL they will be rated higher than a kid from MS or LA, but possess the same talent level.

Cash
11-05-2013, 05:23 PM
I think shotgun nailed it. He looks a little too small to make too much of an impact. I think in the SEC we will see a trend of DBs becoming much larger and more physical to match up with the Mike Evans type.

Not sure what you mean about him being to small. He is listed as 6 foot 177. That is pretty much the norm when it comes to size for a corner. 2 of our 3 corners we have committed right now are smaller height and weight wise. The only one bigger is Bryant and that's only by an inch and 15 lbs or so. Webster also runs a 4.4, so he def has the needed speed. Just sayin... Also, DB is a bigger need than OL for them. They got the #1 tackle in the nation last year along with the #10. This year they have the #2 OG committed right now and they have the 4 star kid that committed to UCLA that was granted his release and will prob be joining them. Last I heard he was seeking a hardship from the NCAA so he would be able to play next season. Not sure if that's been settled or not, but regardless, they prob would have traded a top lineman recruit for a top DB considering they are pretty much set at OL and need help at corner. The stuff I'm hearing on this thread about our class being better is just delusional. Not only are we being out recruited by our in state rival, we are dead last in the SEC! We are being outdone on the recruiting trail by Vandy guys! This isn't acceptable! Rivals has OM ranked at 13 and we barely crack the top 40 at 37! Once again, behind every single team in the SEC! We can't allow this to happen or we will be left in the dust! Something has to change and it needs to happen quickly!

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Not sure what you mean about him being to small. He is listed as 6 foot 177. That is pretty much the norm when it comes to size for a corner. 2 of our 3 corners we have committed right now are smaller height and weight wise. The only one bigger is Bryant and that's only by an inch and 15 lbs or so. Webster also runs a 4.4, so he def has the needed speed. Just sayin... Also, DB is a bigger need than OL for them. They got the #1 tackle in the nation last year along with the #10. This year they have the #2 OG committed right now and they have the 4 star kid that committed to UCLA that was granted his release and will prob be joining them. Last I heard he was seeking a hardship from the NCAA so he would be able to play next season. Not sure if that's been settled or not, but regardless, they prob would have traded a top lineman recruit for a top DB considering they are pretty much set at OL and need help at corner. The stuff I'm hearing on this thread about our class being better is just delusional. Not only are we being out recruited by our in state rival, we are dead last in the SEC! We are being outdone on the recruiting trail by Vandy guys! This isn't acceptable! Rivals has OM ranked at 13 and we barely crack the top 40 at 37! Once again, behind every single team in the SEC! We can't allow this to happen or we will be left in the dust! Something has to change and it needs to happen quickly!

1st off, that kid looks smaller than 6'0" and height and weighs aren't always correct on these websites.

Secondly, I could care less what Rivals thinks. There is no website that is more pro OM and negative towards MSU. If you want to use 247 or Scout, then I'm all game.

Thirdly, go watch the videos of the MSU recruits and OM recruits and tell me which school has the better class. If you don't want to do that then I'll tell you that there isn't a hair of difference.

Seriously, go look at their commitment list and then ours and tell me why theirs is better.

Cash
11-05-2013, 05:56 PM
1st off, that kid looks smaller than 6'0" and height and weighs aren't always correct on these websites.

Secondly, I could care less what Rivals thinks. There is no website that is more pro OM and negative towards MSU. If you want to use 247 or Scout, then I'm all game.

Thirdly, go watch the videos of the MSU recruits and OM recruits and tell me which school has the better class. If you don't want to do that then I'll tell you that there isn't a hair of difference.

Seriously, go look at their commitment list and then ours and tell me why theirs is better.

I read your earlier post that eluded to our qb commits being part of the reason our class is better. You do understand that they don't need a qb right? They signed 2 qb's last year. Both 4 stars, one dual threat and one pocket passer. So, they don't need to sign a qb this class.

As for scout and 247, scout has them at 19 and us tied for 34th. And according to them we are 13th out of 14 in the SEC only ahead of South Carolina. 247 has them at 15 and us 28th 11th in the SEC ahead of South Carolina, Arkansas, and Missouri. So, forget about OM, we are still being outdone on the recruiting trail by practically every single SEC team including Vandy on all 3! This is unacceptable! Period.

Cash
11-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Also, tape from HS doesn't tell the whole story. You find out what these kids have once they are on campus. Once they arrive it is up to the staff to coach them up and put them in the best position to succeed! Something our staff hasn't done a very good job of IMO. These kids may play against D-1 talent a few times a year if at all while in high school. Come to the SEC and they are lining up against the best talent in the country every snap. So, while you don't put stock in stars. I don't either for the most part, but I put even less stock in HS film. Unless that film shows a D-1 caliber lineman going up against D1 talent or WR vs DB, etc. you don't get a chance to see that in the tape. It is mainly a highlight reel of the player facing a far less talented opponent.

Radddawg
11-05-2013, 06:12 PM
They may have a shot at some better players, but if you look at their current commits vs ours, there isn't a hair of difference.

I trust our coaches and I appreciate the strides CDM and his staff have made recruiting but I disagree with you. The Webels have commits from players with Auburn, Bama and LSU offers. We dont have those kinda kids on board right now.

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Also, tape from HS doesn't tell the whole story. You find out what these kids have once they are on campus. Once they arrive it is up to the staff to coach them up and put them in the best position to succeed! Something our staff hasn't done a very good job of IMO. These kids may play against D-1 talent a few times a year if at all while in high school. Come to the SEC and they are lining up against the best talent in the country every snap. So, while you don't put stock in stars. I don't either for the most part, but I put even less stock in HS film. Unless that film shows a D-1 caliber lineman going up against D1 talent or WR vs DB, etc. you don't get a chance to see that in the tape. It is mainly a highlight reel of the player facing a far less talented opponent.

Your right, the high school tape doesn't tell you everything, but that's all the recruiting websites use.

Cash
11-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Your right, the high school tape doesn't tell you everything, but that's all the recruiting websites use.

No doubt. I look at the recruits and their offers to try and gauge how they will stack up on the next level. Definitely not an exact science by any means, but when you see the powerhouses offering these kids, that's a pretty good indicator of their talent level IMO. Usually, if the bama's of the world want a kid, that tells you he has something. I know even saban doesn't hit every time, but I don't know of a better way to gauge the talent of a high school kid unless you get to see them play for yourself and not just on a highlight reel. I live right down the road from where Winston, the FSU qb played high school ball and saw him play several times. You could tell that kid was special and he is sure as hell showing it! Can't believe he practically begged Mack Brown for an offer and didn't get it! That baffles me to this day!

ShotgunDawg
11-05-2013, 07:11 PM
No doubt. I look at the recruits and their offers to try and gauge how they will stack up on the next level. Definitely not an exact science by any means, but when you see the powerhouses offering these kids, that's a pretty good indicator of their talent level IMO. Usually, if the bama's of the world want a kid, that tells you he has something. I know even saban doesn't hit every time, but I don't know of a better way to gauge the talent of a high school kid unless you get to see them play for yourself and not just on a highlight reel. I live right down the road from where Winston, the FSU qb played high school ball and saw him play several times. You could tell that kid was special and he is sure as hell showing it! Can't believe he practically begged Mack Brown for an offer and didn't get it! That baffles me to this day!

Offers are a good way to judge talent so long as the player is from GA, FL, or TX. Players from MS and LA aren't scouted near as much, and thus will always have less offers unless they are a high 4 star/5 star talent.

Jdawg
11-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Cash - I agree with you. A recruits offer list is the best way to judge how good they are and I trust SEC coaching staffs over someone that lives on a message board.

The Original Jdawg.

geotop
11-05-2013, 09:17 PM
This is getting on my nerves more than ever,,,,, why do we ever care about TSUN as Dan so eloquently put it

We are Mississippi !