PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know Who or What is the Actual Reason MSU Won't Sell Beer at DWS?

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2020, 01:07 PM
This isn't a thread about whether we should or should not sell beer at MSU sporting events as any idiot can realize that pro sports stadiums have sold beer for over 100 years and been just fine. Here is the history of baseball & beer if you need me to prove that: https://blog.perlick.com/100-years-of-baseball-and-beer/

So what is actually holding this up?

It's been said that Cohen is on board but Keenum is not, but why wouldn't Keenum be on board?

Politics? Who is he supporting in politics that would prevent something so trivial?

Laws? Are there any actual unchangable laws that are preventing this?

Again, the issue has been resolved by history & common sense that WE SHOULD be selling beer at DWS. That's not the discussion here. I'm just looking for clarification, if anyone has any, as what the hold up is?

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-10-2020, 01:21 PM
I honestly don't care that much. Selling beer at Davis Wade would equate to no more outside coolers at Dudy Noble.

It would be nice to have a beer during a basketball game though.

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2020, 01:23 PM
I honestly don't care that much. Selling beer at Davis Wade would equate to no more outside coolers at Dudy Noble.

Yet again, the thread is not to debate should we or shouldn't we. History has already decided that.

Jack Lambert
05-10-2020, 01:40 PM
Miss State is technically it's own city with own city ordinance. I just think the one guy who can make the decisions just doesn't want it or it may be he doesn't want to be the guy who does it. I don't see it hurting beer sales in Starkville or anything. So it's not starkville. It could be logistics. Aren't there certain rules as to where it can be sold in a stadium? It could be he is waiting on more data from the other SEC schools as to who is selling it. Who knows?

I have a feeling Cohen would be on board. It could bring in a lot of money and make those hot dogs even cheaper.

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2020, 01:41 PM
Miss State is technically it's own city with own city ordinance. I just think the one guy who can make the decisions just doesn't want it or it may be he doesn't want to be the guy who does it. I don't see it hurting beer sales in Starkville or anything. So it's not starkville. It could be logistics. Aren't there certain rules as to where it can be sold in a stadium? It could be he is waiting on more data from the other SEC schools as to who is selling it. Who knows?

Yeah. IDK. I'd am curious as to the actual reason though

Coach34
05-10-2020, 02:00 PM
They say it starts with the President

BeastMan
05-10-2020, 02:32 PM

Those 2 things aren’t mutually exclusive. Same logic is that coolers wouldn’t be allowed in the junction anymore. They can easily sell beer at concessions and let the junction and left field coolers be. It’s easy. I’d much rather buy beer from vendors in dws, the junction, the dude, etc... than lug around a cooler or smuggle liquor like I’ve been doing for almost 20 years.

R2Dawg
05-10-2020, 02:37 PM
This isn't a thread about whether we should or should not sell beer at MSU sporting events as any idiot can realize that pro sports stadiums have sold beer for over 100 years and been just fine. Here is the history of baseball & beer if you need me to prove that: https://blog.perlick.com/100-years-of-baseball-and-beer/

So what is actually holding this up?

It's been said that Cohen is on board but Keenum is not, but why wouldn't Keenum be on board?

Politics? Who is he supporting in politics that would prevent something so trivial?

Laws? Are there any actual unchangable laws that are preventing this?

Again, the issue has been resolved by history & common sense that WE SHOULD be selling beer at DWS. That's not the discussion here. I'm just looking for clarification, if anyone has any, as what the hold up is?

Only reason you want to know is so you can attack the person or the reason. Yep, Keenum makes the final decision. Keenum is a family man and holds strong Christian beliefs. He wants to keep the gameday inside the stadium more a family atmosphere. Now you can start your attack.

Yes, there are many that can drink and maintain their control but there are many that can't. Can you not go a few hours without drinking? Not that big a deal.

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2020, 02:41 PM
Only reason you want to know is so you can attack the person or the reason. Yep, Keenum makes the final decision. Keenum is a family man and holds strong Christian beliefs. He wants to keep the gameday inside the stadium more a family atmosphere. Now you can start your attack.

Yes, there are many that can drink and maintain their control but there are many that can't. Can you not go a few hours without drinking? Not that big a deal.

Again, history has already decided that this is a stupid opinion. I don't believe Keenum truly believes what you just wrote, but, if he did, I wouldn't have much confidence in his ability to lead this university to greater heights.

Every professional stadium has beer sales & with little to no issue. It's not up for debate. There are actually people that thought prohibition was a good idea back in the day. Can you imagine that? Not selling beer at MSU is allowing a small minority to decided policy for the vast majority, which isn't right.

Todd4State
05-10-2020, 02:41 PM

Hiring a competent football coach will go a lot longer in making Davis Wade a family atmosphere because it will result in less cursing at the coaches.

BeastMan
05-10-2020, 02:44 PM
They say it starts with the President

I think Keemun overall has done a really good job but when you?re a MSU guy and you have nothing but MSU guys around you, you end up with a bunch of yes men operating in a vacuum lacking outside POV.

I?m not here to beat up on MSU leadership. Since 98 MSU and Starkville has skyrocketed on an upward trajectory while OM has trended down or held serve at best. If the next 2 decades are like the last 2, MSU will leave OM in the dust in every aspect. All that has been achieved with strong leadership. That said, I get an uneasy feeling when literally everyone who matters from the president to the ad, to compliance, to Associate ad, to communications guys are all ?MSU people?.

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2020, 02:51 PM
That said, I get an uneasy feeling when literally everyone who matters from the president to the ad, to compliance, to Associate ad, to communications guys are all ?MSU people?.

Agree & too many from Starkville. You need a balance & that goes for every school & athletic program.

Texas A&M, Alabama, Texas, etc all have the same issue. The people who grow up close to the program are the popular political choice for positions, &, while that may be true, you end up with no diversity of thought

RiverCityDawg
05-10-2020, 03:05 PM

Shotgun didn't start this thread to go down this path, but there are no "Christian beliefs" against drinking in moderation, or against alcohol being sold at sporting events. Yes, there are some ultra conservative Christians, most of which are 65+, that think all drinking is wrong, but I would say it is the extreme minority view these days.

With that said, I do think the "family atmosphere" thing is on Keenum's mind, which is not a valid reason not to do it based on the experience of stadiums that actually sell alcohol. And I do think Keenum is the road block based on everything I've heard from credible people and reading between the lines anytime Cohen talks about this issue.

And this has nothing to do with going a few hours without drinking or it being "that big a deal" to you. It's a legitimate money making opportunity that the school with the smallest budget is just giving up without any public explanation as to why.

Cooterpoot
05-10-2020, 03:25 PM
Keenum is over the top conservative and doesn't have the balls to stand up to the minority that will complain. Not much different than firing Moorhead. He struggled to understand and almost waited too long.

Leeshouldveflanked
05-10-2020, 03:30 PM
I dont think the Legislature has approved alcohol to be sold on campus as of yet, has it?

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2020, 03:35 PM
I dont think the Legislature has approved alcohol to be sold on campus as of yet, has it?

Ole Miss can do it.

Cooterpoot
05-10-2020, 03:44 PM
Ole Miss can do it.

USM sold it last season too.

msbulldog
05-10-2020, 04:50 PM
All that has to be done is for the Oktibbeha county Board of supervisors to vote DWS, the Dude or the Hump to have resort status. That's all it takes, TSUN, USM and plenty of other places in this state have done it.

BeardoMSU
05-10-2020, 05:08 PM
Shotgun didn't start this thread to go down this path, but there are no "Christian beliefs" against drinking in moderation, or against alcohol being sold at sporting events. Yes, there are some ultra conservative Christians, most of which are 65+, that think all drinking is wrong, but I would say it is the extreme minority view these days.

With that said, I do think the "family atmosphere" thing is on Keenum's mind, which is not a valid reason not to do it based on the experience of stadiums that actually sell alcohol. And I do think Keenum is the road block based on everything I've heard from credible people and reading between the lines anytime Cohen talks about this issue.

And this has nothing to do with going a few hours without drinking or it being "that big a deal" to you. It's a legitimate money making opportunity that the school with the smallest budget is just giving up without any public explanation as to why.

Don't you know, Jesus drank Welch's, not actual wine**

BeardoMSU
05-10-2020, 05:10 PM
All that has to be done is for the Oktibbeha county Board of supervisors to vote DWS, the Dude or the Hump to have resort status. That's all it takes, TSUN, USM and plenty of other places in this state have done it.

This^

BeardoMSU
05-10-2020, 05:12 PM
and doesn't have the balls to stand up to the minority that will complain.

Pretty much. Gotta continue to garner those evangelical votes for when he runs for political office in the future....

Wouldn't it just be easier to offer disguises for all Baptists at the stadium gates? That way they won't be recognized by their fellow church goers as they drink their $17 Miller Lites?**

dantheman4248
05-10-2020, 05:28 PM
You would think the president would separate his church beliefs from his job at state.

Guess that's too much to ask.

RocketDawg
05-10-2020, 08:02 PM

That may be his reasoning, but it doesn't hold water for a couple of reasons: 1) Any kind of alcohol - beer, wine, or booze - can be brought in and consumed in the club levels and suites, and 2) Even in the non-club areas, beer flows freely, and much of that is in the student section where most of the students are under 21.

R2Dawg
05-10-2020, 08:18 PM
Again, history has already decided that this is a stupid opinion. I don't believe Keenum truly believes what you just wrote, but, if he did, I wouldn't have much confidence in his ability to lead this university to greater heights.

Every professional stadium has beer sales & with little to no issue. It's not up for debate. There are actually people that thought prohibition was a good idea back in the day. Can you imagine that? Not selling beer at MSU is allowing a small minority to decided policy for the vast majority, which isn't right.

You are easy. I knew you would react that way when I answered your question. That is what you wanted. The correct answer and then you could say that was stupid.

First it is not about it not being an issue 98% of time but that couple of times may be a game changer for those affected. I have sat next to a drunk before with my young kids at the time and I would not be back if that happened too many times.

Why are so many obsessed with beer at a ballgame?

R2Dawg
05-10-2020, 08:19 PM
That may be his reasoning, but it doesn't hold water for a couple of reasons: 1) Any kind of alcohol - beer, wine, or booze - can be brought in and consumed in the club levels and suites, and 2) Even in the non-club areas, beer flows freely, and much of that is in the student section where most of the students are under 21.

Not for the general fan. Like it or not that is what the reasons are.

R2Dawg
05-10-2020, 08:20 PM
Hiring a competent football coach will go a lot longer in making Davis Wade a family atmosphere because it will result in less cursing at the coaches.

Agree with that for the most part.

BeardoMSU
05-10-2020, 08:26 PM

Why do you hate freedom?**

R2Dawg
05-10-2020, 08:27 PM

Shotgun asked a question and I answered it. Can you not handle the truth?

Drinking alcohol is no sin but getting drunk or having excessive is. Also a sin to do so in front of other weaker believers as well as if you are being a poor witness of your faith.

I know standing on a principal and not just doing everything for the money is foreign to most people but there are people that live by what they believe.

I don't have a big problem with anyone having a drink while watching the game but I also don't want some out of control drunk next to me either. I go to the games for the atmosphere and to cheer my team.

Keenum acts on what he believes. Going against the majority as what all of you are saying is not being a wimp, that is standing in what you believe.

Why start thee stupid threads where you already know the answer but just want to grip about it again and again?

Rawdawg
05-10-2020, 08:38 PM
We will not be selling beer for football but very possible for basketball and beyond. Negotiations are under way between leerfield/Msu/anheuser-busch.

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2020, 09:22 PM
You are easy. I knew you would react that way when I answered your question. That is what you wanted. The correct answer and then you could say that was stupid.

First it is not about it not being an issue 98% of time but that couple of times may be a game changer for those affected. I have sat next to a drunk before with my young kids at the time and I would not be back if that happened too many times.

I honestly don't need it.

However, it's clear we'll have it soon and thus every game we play at DWS without beer is essentially throwing cash in the trash and burning it.

Todd4State
05-10-2020, 09:33 PM
I honestly don't need it.

However, it's clear we'll have it soon and thus every game we play at DWS without beer is essentially throwing cash in the trash and burning it.

MSU is REALLY hard headed about some things especially when it comes to football. See the interlocking MSU. "We sold it to Nike so oh well!" There's no trying to find a middle ground or a solution. If they came out with some type of MSU logo for the helmets- not the Nike one- similar to what we wore in 1991 or 1980 fans would buy it up. Even if we only used it once a year.

So much BS. "Bracky isn't under the AD, SORRY can't do anything about it like create a separate compliance wing specializing in football." "Traffic flow- not our fault." "Getting into the stadium- not our fault".

The best thing that happened during the Moorhead era was our athletic department realized that we could hire a football coach with experience. Finally. I wish our MSU AD people would quit looking up to people like Larry Templeton and Scott Stricklin and asking them for advice on what MSU should be in football and start becoming creative on their own and trying to make it the best possible instead of throwing up a lot of invisible roadblocks because we sucked in 1969.

/Rant over.

justwin
05-10-2020, 10:12 PM
Cowbells or legal beer but not both. Drunks with weapons = liability

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2020, 10:24 PM
Cowbells or legal beer but not both. Drunks with weapons = liability

https://media.giphy.com/media/6YVbDvD72ZLb2/giphy.gif

Jack Lambert
05-10-2020, 10:34 PM

When I graduated High school you could buy beer at 18. Hell the drivers license did not have a photo. If you fit the description, Height, weight, eyes and hair you could use anyone's ID. You could use it to get into bars and liquor stores. Life was a lot more simple back then. You could kick someone ass and not worry about being filmed or going to jail.

Pinto
05-10-2020, 10:40 PM
If we really need a family friendly section that is booze free, then make the upper decks alcohol free - no sales, no consumption. Rest of stadium is fair game.

Maroonthirteen
05-10-2020, 11:14 PM
The risk must not be worth the reward.

Estimates are OM brought in an average of $100k a game last year of GROSS revenue. MU had $500k in GROSS sales revenue for the season. TexasAM had $2.4 sales revenue and a net of $500k. You would think our sales would be more similar to MU and OM and base on aTms net gains, we would net about $200k a year to sell beer. Also i would think our expenses would be higher. I don't know where our distributors would be for State. However I read OM gets their beer from Memphis. What distributor supplies the GTR?

With all that said, as long as Alabama doesn't sell beer. We won't.

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2020, 11:18 PM
The risk must not be worth the reward.

Estimates are OM brought in an average of $100k a game last year of GROSS revenue. MU had $500k in GROSS sales revenue for the season. TexasAM had $2.4 sales revenue and a net of $500k. You would think our sales would be more similar to MU and OM and base on aTms net gains, we would net about $200k a year to sell beer. Also i would think our expenses would be higher. I don't know where our distributors would be for State. However I read OM gets their beer from Memphis. What distributor supplies the GTR?

With all that said, as long as Alabama doesn't sell beer. We won't.

It's interesting to me how we're always waiting to see what Alabama does.

Why? Who the 17 cares what they are doing?

People have even been looking at Bama to see if we're going to play football this Fall.

Again, who TF cares what they do & why? Write your own legacy for goodness sakes.

Maroonthirteen
05-10-2020, 11:21 PM
It's interesting to me how we're always waiting to see what Alabama does.

Why? Who the 17 cares what they are doing?

People have even been looking at Bama to see if we're going to play football this Fall.

Again, who TF cares what they do & why? Write your own legacy for goodness sakes.

Because the school has the most successful football program in the history of college football.

THE Bruce Dickinson
05-10-2020, 11:46 PM
Those 2 things aren?t mutually exclusive. Same logic is that coolers wouldn?t be allowed in the junction anymore. They can easily sell beer at concessions and let the junction and left field coolers be. It?s easy. I?d much rather buy beer from vendors in dws, the junction, the dude, etc... than lug around a cooler or smuggle liquor like I?ve been doing for almost 20 years.

Comparing bringing coolers to tailgating and bringing coolers inside DNF aren't remotely close to the same thing.

ShotgunDawg
05-10-2020, 11:49 PM
Because the school has the most successful football program in the history of college football.

Which has nothing to do with us. How successful they are at football doesn't mean we have to treat them like our parent.

It's ridiculous. Makes no sense if you have a competitive mentality

Lord McBuckethead
05-11-2020, 12:44 AM

I have a feeling Cohen would be on board. It could bring in a lot of money and make those hot dogs even cheaper.

Look, its simple. If normal ticket holders can't buy beer, there shouldn't be beer or alcohol allowed in the suites.

TUSK
05-11-2020, 01:37 AM
Pretty much. Gotta continue to garner those evangelical votes for when he runs for political office in the future....

Wouldn't it just be easier to offer disguises for all Baptists at the stadium gates? That way they won't be recognized by their fellow church goers as they drink their $17 Miller Lites?**

Q: Do you know the difference 'tween a Jew and a Southern Baptist?

A: One doesn't recognize Jesus as the Son of God.... the others don't recognize each other in the Liquor Store.

DeltaChicagoDog
05-11-2020, 01:40 AM
Not for the general fan. Like it or not that is what the reasons are.

If alcohol is fine at club level, but not for the general fan, then it's not about principle as stated in another post. Unless the principle is about selling and not consuming. Even in that scenario, one pays for the privilege to consume at club level. Or is that more like paying for the privilege to not get busted while sneaking it in?

Dawgbite
05-11-2020, 07:02 AM
There is no sneaking it into Club Level. On Friday afternoon/night, you can walk in Club Level with whatever you want. If you are loaded down they will help you carry it. No bags, no being discrete, but that’s just one of the privileges you are paying for. I think they should open up beer sales just for the revenue. It's a college sporting event, there has always been alcohol at college games and there always will, might as well make a little money on it. I’d be will to say that a $12 beer will cut down on the amount of alcohol consumed in the stadium.
Tusk, you know the difference between a Methodist and a Baptist? A Methodist will speak to you if you bump into them in the liquor store!

RiverCityDawg
05-11-2020, 07:11 AM

Drinking alcohol is no sin but getting drunk or having excessive is. Also a sin to do so in front of other weaker believers as well as if you are being a poor witness of your faith.

I know standing on a principal and not just doing everything for the money is foreign to most people but there are people that live by what they believe.

I don't have a big problem with anyone having a drink while watching the game but I also don't want some out of control drunk next to me either. I go to the games for the atmosphere and to cheer my team.

Keenum acts on what he believes. Going against the majority as what all of you are saying is not being a wimp, that is standing in what you believe.

Why start thee stupid threads where you already know the answer but just want to grip about it again and again?

So I guess you don't go to bowl games out of principal since alcohol is sold at most of those? I didn't notice any unruly behavior in Nashville, other than from myself due to being so pissed off and I didn't have any beer.

And I guess you don't go to DNF since people have coolers with beer in there. Gosh, what a den of debauchery that place is.***

Again, the places around the country that sell beer have studied this and there has not been an issue with increased disruptive behavior in the stadiums or alcohol related traffic accidents afterwards.

And one reason this keeps coming up is because no one has given a clear answer as to why we aren't doing it. The "truth" as provided by R2Dawg on Elitedawgs isn't good enough.

BeastMan
05-11-2020, 07:12 AM
If alcohol is fine at club level, but not for the general fan, then it's not about principle as stated in another post. Unless the principle is about selling and not consuming. Even in that scenario, one pays for the privilege to consume at club level. Or is that more like paying for the privilege to not get busted while sneaking it in?

Bingo. Get that Keemun acting on principle crap out of here

ShotgunDawg
05-11-2020, 08:20 AM
And one reason this keeps coming up is because no one has given a clear answer as to why we aren't doing it. The "truth" as provided by R2Dawg on Elitedawgs isn't good enough.

Great point

It's probably because the reasoning is so petty, that they know they'll be crucified if they tell us

Jack Lambert
05-11-2020, 08:33 AM
Look, its simple. If normal ticket holders can't buy beer, there shouldn't be beer or alcohol allowed in the suites.

I agree with you! I do want to point out those are private suites that they pay a lot of money for. It is isolated from the rest of the stadium. I look at it like the lofts at the baseball field.

BrunswickDawg
05-11-2020, 08:52 AM
Great point

It's probably because the reasoning is so petty, that they know they'll be crucified if they tell us

Or maybe the answer is actually easier -
Our game day management has been shit the past couple of years - last year in particular. Parking, traffic control, concessions, security have all been a nightmare. Maybe the administration has no confidence in our vendors and contractors that provide these services and want to fix our existing problems before we add another layer of problems to the picture? Could you imagine us effectively selling alcohol last year when Aramark couldn't even staff concession stands?

Hot Rock
05-11-2020, 10:02 AM

All evidence I have seen, points toward allowing beer sales at the games actually causes less incidents with less pregame binge fests. Smart people change their minds when presented with new evidence.

Maroonthirteen
05-11-2020, 10:09 AM
Our game day management has been shit the past couple of years - last year in particular. Parking, traffic control, concessions, security have all been a nightmare. Maybe the administration has no confidence in our vendors and contractors that provide these services and want to fix our existing problems before we add another layer of problems to the picture? Could you imagine us effectively selling alcohol last year when Aramark couldn't even staff concession stands?

I know it isn't an exciting drama filed conspiracy but I think this ^^^^. Plus my post pointing out, beer sales isn't exactly a huge payday for the school..... is the reason we aren't selling beer yet.

trojandawg
05-12-2020, 02:24 AM
Well I've sat next to drunks at games that didn't sell alcohol. Wonder how that happened? I've been to games with alcohol flowing all over that wasn't being sold in the stadium and nobody had a problem. I've also been to many games where alcohol was being sold and no one had a problem. Sometimes drunks are just drunks and you will have to deal with it whether it's being sold in the stadium or not. that's just going to sporting events or anywhere for that matter. Not selling it in the stadium is like the kindergarten rules people try to apply over the whole group for a couple bad eggs. Not everyone who drinks at game gets crazy wasted and Is an ass to everyone around them.

I've drank at multiple games and never accosted anyone except maybe yelling at a ref or coach. Plenty of non drinkers do that too. I've also sat next to people slap drunk at games who didn't buy it in the game. I've also sat next to plenty of fans who bought a lot of drinks at a game and they were fine and nice. I've also sat close to people who were assholes who didn't have anything to drink at all.

This whole selling alcohol and drinking at the games ruins the family atmosphere is BS logic.

Hey those three beers I had in the super dome last season were pretty good albeit expensive. Was nice to be in the ac drink some beers and watch us struggle to beat ULL. Had a great time. Wife and I sat next to a family of 4 with two small kids. Family had a blast. They didn't seem to have a problem with me drinking a few beers at the game. Why? Because I am responsible and not an ass which would be the majority of the the people drinking at the game. Drunks are shown the exits most of the time and would be no different than it is now.

Jarius
05-12-2020, 06:08 AM

So Keenum stands on his principles with the regular crowd but he has none with the people in the premium sections who he literally lets stock lockers and pour beers in front of security guards at every game? Dude GTFOH. Basically every insider at MSU says that we are going to start selling beer (probably next year). Once that happens what are you going to say about Keenum? Do his strong beliefs no longer matter to him? Is he then less of a Christian? Beer sales are coming to MSU. People want to know why it’s going to be in 2 years instead of now. If this garbage you are spewing was the real reason, Keenum would not fold and do it in another year, but he’s going to so that’s not the true reason.

Jarius
05-12-2020, 06:12 AM

If it takes 3 years to figure out how to sell beer in the stadium like every other sporting event in the world then we probably need someone else running the show. I mean how hard is it? At that point it’s not about alcohol it’s just about competency.

Maroonthirteen
05-12-2020, 08:01 AM
If it takes 3 years to figure out how to sell beer in the stadium like every other sporting event in the world then we probably need someone else running the show. I mean how hard is it? At that point it’s not about alcohol it’s just about competency.

That circus show inside DWS for the egg bowl.... was absolutely ridiculous. That game was the worst management and service at a sporting event that I have ever experienced. The 2nd poorest would be the USM game at DWS 2019. Someone better get that figured out now.

Lord McBuckethead
05-12-2020, 10:31 AM
I agree with you! I do want to point out those are private suites that they pay a lot of money for. It is isolated from the rest of the stadium. I look at it like the lofts at the baseball field.

We finally agree on something. Took 8 years, but we have bridged the divide. First, they are only deemed private, so they can have alchohol. Deem every single season ticket holders seats as private then.

Lord McBuckethead
05-12-2020, 10:33 AM

Family atmosphere... hell we drink at our family get togethers. Disney allows people to drink at all of their resorts and it is all family oriented.

Sounds to me, this is a bit out of touch with the customers.

Mjoelner34
05-12-2020, 11:57 AM
Late to this party but this is the way I understand it.
1. Univiersities follow city/county ordinances.
2. Starkville is wet for liquor and beer. Oktibbeha county is dry for beer and wet for liquor.
3. Part of campus (frat row and sorority row) is actually in the city limits of Starkville while the rest is in the county.
4. In order to sell (or legally posses) beer in the stadium, MSU must petition the state for Davis Wade to become a resort at which point it could set its own rules.
5. Ole Miss did this years ago is the reason they can sell it. USM is fully within the city limits of Hattiesburg which is wet.
6. I have no idea if they are working on this or not and if they are not, I have no idea who is stopping it.
7. I do not know why they will confiscate a flask at the gate when they allow liquor to be stocked in lockers.
8. No matter if you are partying in the Junction or mixing one up in club level or the LFL, just don't be an ass and cause them to crackdown on what we've got now.

I remember years ago during one of the crackdowns out in LFL the year after somebody poured a beer on an Ole Miss outfielder, I saw a guy stopped at the LF gate who was forced to pour out at least a case right there at the gate. Turns out, he was big guy with the university or the university system. A VERY big guy. About 2 games after that incident, the crackdown was suddenly and unexpectedly over and baseball water was freely flowing again. Funny how things work isn't it.