PDA

View Full Version : Robertson Podcast - MSU baseball players transferring

The Federalist Engineer
05-08-2020, 12:41 PM
Bryce Brock - OF and LHP

Josh Hill - RHP - redshirted last year

Austin Kelly - C - right handed hitter

Hunter French - OF

I wish Kelly would stay. Seems that C can learn other positions. Also many players are high on Kelly.

StarkVegasSteve
05-08-2020, 01:21 PM
Mason Land announced he was transferring today as well. We're going to have transfers, there's no way around it.

Homedawg
05-08-2020, 01:42 PM
Mason Land announced he was transferring today as well. We're going to have transfers, there's no way around it.
I expect will be more along w some signees who opt not to come more than likely.

Bothrops
05-08-2020, 01:45 PM
Is it just me or is this an odd time to leave, when the season is canceled and there's no practice going on. Why attrition now?

Big4Dawg
05-08-2020, 01:49 PM
Is it just me or is this an odd time to leave, when the season is canceled and there's no practice going on. Why attrition now?

Figured you would at least wait until after draft

Commercecomet24
05-08-2020, 01:52 PM
It's happening all over. With the uncertainty we're facing now some kids are wanting to be closer to home, or are trying to get closer to home. It's some crazy times.

StarkVegasSteve
05-08-2020, 01:52 PM

Because they're trying to get on teams now instead of try to stick it out until fall and then transfer. With a shortened draft and seniors being given an extra year, rosters spots will be at a premium for all schools.

The Federalist Engineer
05-08-2020, 02:31 PM

Wonder why, he was becoming a starter. Leggett and Landon Jordan were not really producing. Plus we are losing Westy and Foscue

Unless the kids know Westy and Foscue are not going?

Todd4State
05-08-2020, 08:31 PM
Wonder why, he was becoming a starter. Leggett and Landon Jordan were not really producing. Plus we are losing Westy and Foscue

Unless the kids know Westy and Foscue are not going?

I think the coaches were going to start Leggett. As far as not really producing- the season was so short it's really hard to judge anyone on that and I'm not high on Leggett at all.

I'll touch on the others:

Josh Hill doesn't surprise me. There didn't really seem to be a role for him.

Austin Kelly was going to redshirt behind Logan Tanner who has a chance to be a high draft pick in three years. We have another really good catcher in Gray Bane coming in 2022 as well as Kace Garner a JUCO guy coming in next year.

Hunter French is a dirtbag type of player and I mean that in a good way. However, OF spots are pretty limited with Cumbest and Pimentel being sophomores and McGowan seeing more time than him. We also have a JUCO CF type in Brayland Skinner coming in and then I think Addison Reed will be a corner OF and you have Corbin Grantham who is another CF type coming in.

Bryce Brock is in the same situation as French.

AlSwearengen
05-09-2020, 07:58 AM
Todd, I’m going to be lazy and not look it up, but wasn’t McGowan pretty highly rated and came in with a lot of accolades? I think he is from Kentucky? I noticed that he was getting on the field some, so it looks like he might be first in line to take over an outfield spot once Rowdy and TA move on.

Todd4State
05-09-2020, 08:27 AM
Todd, I’m going to be lazy and not look it up, but wasn’t McGowan pretty highly rated and came in with a lot of accolades? I think he is from Kentucky? I noticed that he was getting on the field some, so it looks like he might be first in line to take over an outfield spot once Rowdy and TA move on.

I don't think he was that highly rated but the fact that the coaching staff had been putting him out there over others tells me that they have him in front of others.