PDA

View Full Version : Mason Land transferring?

AlSwearengen
05-08-2020, 11:07 AM
Wasn?t expecting that one. According to just about everyone he was the heir apparent at 2B.

Back during the fall there were 2 freshmen that everyone talked about having elite bats, Land and Kelley. Now both are gone.

ShotgunDawg
05-08-2020, 11:13 AM
Meh

Cooterpoot
05-08-2020, 11:15 AM
Land is a loss.

StateDawg44
05-08-2020, 11:16 AM
Meh

I wonder how great he would be in your opinion if he were transferring in though.

ShotgunDawg
05-08-2020, 11:21 AM
I wonder how great he would be in your opinion if he were transferring in though.

Meh

KOdawg1
05-08-2020, 11:36 AM
He was likely our staring 2B with Foscue leaving. It's a loss.

TheLostDawg
05-08-2020, 11:41 AM
In the portal or do we know where he's going already

ShotgunDawg
05-08-2020, 11:42 AM
Has anyone here seen Mason Land play?

Additionally, have you looked at our signees or have knowledge of potential transfers coming & asked if those players may be better?

I wouldn't worry about this at all.

Homedawg
05-08-2020, 11:43 AM
Next man up. We'll be ok.

ZedFedder
05-08-2020, 12:04 PM
I trust Lemonis. Was this his decision or was he asked to leave? We have had a lot in the portal over last few days.

Todd4State
05-08-2020, 12:16 PM
He has had some arm injuries too.

Commercecomet24
05-08-2020, 12:20 PM
We're gonna be fine. Lemonis is doing a great job getting talent. I don't know why this young man is transferring but with the uncertainty we're facing with all this crap right now I know some players(not MSU players) that are considering transferring to schools closer to home, and it's understandable

Irondawg
05-08-2020, 12:39 PM
I'm assuming coaches are also having to so scholarship fund redistribution which may be affecting things

The Federalist Engineer
05-08-2020, 04:00 PM
Thinking that kids are talking via how kids talk “Tik Tok” whatever

We may have a big grad transfer in the pipeline.

Imagine a 16th round type of kid from Michigan, South Alabama, or Indiana. He can’t go pro but he can come to MSU to compete for a national title.

MaroonFlounder
05-08-2020, 04:04 PM
Mason Land got banged up a bit last year and was pushing for the 3B position, or at least platoon.

Meh is not the correct reaction here. He will go somewhere and tear it up. Watch what I say.

The Federalist Engineer
05-08-2020, 05:54 PM
Mason Land got banged up a bit last year and was pushing for the 3B position, or at least platoon.

Meh is not the correct reaction here. He will go somewhere and tear it up. Watch what I say.

The not-Freshmen dudes that he was beating out were Meh. This is a strange loss, it had to be his choice

ShotgunDawg
05-08-2020, 06:44 PM
At the level we are recruiting & our brand, we should pretty easily be able to replace him with a better player

Homedawg
05-08-2020, 06:50 PM
The not-Freshmen dudes that he was beating out were Meh. This is a strange loss, it had to be his choice

It wasn't some great shock. We signed some other mid inf in this class we will survive.

AlSwearengen
05-08-2020, 07:23 PM
It wasn't some great shock. We signed some other mid inf in this class we will survive.

Homedawg, is this possibly a case of home sick/not happy in ‘Vegas/doesn’t like coach/etc? Ive seen it mentioned as not being a shock a couple of times.

maroonmania
05-08-2020, 08:08 PM

Yea, not sure who all our signees are coming in as infielders for the 2021 roster but looking at the 2020 roster there aren't a lot of infielders on it behind Foscue and Westburg. I think we all assume KJames will move to SS so assuming both Foscue and Westburg go pro we have 2B and 3B to replace. About all I see without Land on the roster for infielders are Tanner Leggett and Landon Jordan. I know Rosebowl in his podcast earlier this week projected Land to be the starting 2nd baseman in 2021. So now that he is leaving who are our other choices in 2021 for 2B and 3B?

mparkerfd20
05-08-2020, 08:18 PM

Meh

Todd4State
05-08-2020, 08:22 PM
Yea, not sure who all our signees are coming in as infielders for the 2021 roster but looking at the 2020 roster there aren't a lot of infielders on it behind Foscue and Westburg. I think we all assume KJames will move to SS so assuming both Foscue and Westburg go pro we have 2B and 3B to replace. About all I see without Land on the roster for infielders are Tanner Leggett and Landon Jordan. I know Rosebowl in his podcast earlier this week projected Land to be the starting 2nd baseman in 2021. So now that he is leaving who are our other choices in 2021 for 2B and 3B?

Depends on the draft but Logan Forsythe and Davis Meche are two MIF prospects that could start. The staff seems to like Tanner Leggett for some reason so he's my guess to start at second with Kamren James at SS like you said. Landon Jordan is more likely to play DH than anything but if he makes it to the field it will probably be at third base. If Blaze Jordan comes to school I think he starts at third base. There are also some rumors that we may get a grad transfer second baseman out there but I don't have any names. If that's the case it makes some sense to me as to why Land left.

The Federalist Engineer
05-08-2020, 08:28 PM

We are pretty loaded with MIF Freshman in 2021. Somebody will be really good. Mason Land and the other transfers only combined for 9 total at bats.

Todd4State
05-08-2020, 08:36 PM
We are pretty loaded with MIF Freshman in 2021. Somebody will be really good. Mason Land and the other transfers only combined for 9 total at bats.

We also have Jeffrey Ince coming in a couple of years. He's really good and I think he could play as a freshman.

The Federalist Engineer
05-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Depends on the draft but Logan Forsythe and Davis Meche are two MIF prospects that could start. The staff seems to like Tanner Leggett for some reason so he's my guess to start at second with Kamren James at SS like you said. Landon Jordan is more likely to play DH than anything but if he makes it to the field it will probably be at third base. If Blaze Jordan comes to school I think he starts at third base. There are also some rumors that we may get a grad transfer second baseman out there but I don't have any names. If that's the case it makes some sense to me as to why Land left.

Is Kellum Clark a 3B candidate? Or is he purely 1B?

It seems that a truncated Draft gives us a good shot at this player

Todd4State
05-08-2020, 10:06 PM
Is Kellum Clark a 3B candidate? Or is he purely 1B?

It seems that a truncated Draft gives us a good shot at this player

I think he's a first baseman for us.

Cooterpoot
05-09-2020, 07:41 AM
Anyone that thinks Land isn't a good ball player is fooling themselves. It's a loss. He was at the top of the list to fill our draft losses and he's gone. We'll find someone else but he's a good player. Don't fool yourself into thinking he wasn't.

trob115
05-09-2020, 08:54 AM
Leggett is trash. Dude didn't even hit .300 in juco

HoopsDawg
05-09-2020, 11:35 AM
Off Topic, but South Carolina signee, Luke Little, hit 105 on the gun this past week. LHP. Damn.

MaroonFlounder
05-09-2020, 12:09 PM
Meh

^^^Shotgun's biggest fan.

PKADogs55
05-10-2020, 01:15 AM
Leggett is trash. Dude didn't even hit .300 in juco

I agree (Not that he is Trash) .. but I just do not see why they keep sending him out there. Guess you just have to trust the coaching staff (Not sure what it is they see).

Tbonewannabe
05-11-2020, 08:25 AM
Off Topic, but South Carolina signee, Luke Little, hit 105 on the gun this past week. LHP. Damn.

Dude just got himself drafted real damn high if he wasn't already. As long as he can locate at all and has another pitch.

Tripp McNeely
05-11-2020, 06:02 PM
Anyone that thinks Land isn't a good ball player is fooling themselves. It's a loss. He was at the top of the list to fill our draft losses and he's gone. We'll find someone else but he's a good player. Don't fool yourself into thinking he wasn't.

So did Mason know that this Dubrule kid was coming in? I wonder if that was what spurned on his decision to leave?

ShotgunDawg
05-11-2020, 08:46 PM
So did Mason know that this Dubrule kid was coming in? I wonder if that was what spurned on his decision to leave?

Ding ding ding.

People need to realize that this grad transfer deal has brought about college football free agency, just without the magnitude of high round picks yet transferring.

Mason Land may have been MSU's backup 2B, but if the coaches didn't think they'd get what they needed out of him, then he was never going to start.

The Federalist Engineer
05-11-2020, 09:36 PM

I wonder if they just end up switching roles. One to MSU and one to Jacksonville. Basically, they are the same body type 5-10 180 both bat L and throw R. Both Florida kids.

Dubrule is an experienced grad transfer. career 300 plus. Was batting 420 in 2020. Was a starting SS with a .963 fielding percentage.

I only wish he were R-batting to help the Overall L/R balance.

ShotgunDawg
05-11-2020, 10:07 PM
I wonder if they just end up switching roles. One to MSU and one to Jacksonville. Basically, they are the same body type 5-10 180 both bat L and throw R. Both Florida kids.

Dubrule is an experienced grad transfer. career 300 plus. Was batting 420 in 2020. Was a starting SS with a .963 fielding percentage.

I only wish he were R-batting to help the Overall L/R balance.

Dubrule is a like a 3 time all conference player in the A10. It's not close

maroonmania
05-11-2020, 10:16 PM
Well that likely takes care of 2B. Biggest question now is who plays 3B?

HoopsDawg
05-11-2020, 10:24 PM

Kellum Clark most likely. Power bat. Unless Blaze comes to school. Landon Jordan still here too. Need to find a big bat in LF and we will be stacked.

ShotgunDawg
05-11-2020, 10:36 PM

Kellum Clark

Blaze Jordan likely plays 1st or LF.

ShotgunDawg
05-11-2020, 10:37 PM
Kellum Clark most likely. Power bat. Unless Blaze comes to school. Landon Jordan still here too. Need to find a big bat in LF and we will be stacked.

Kellum is a better defender than Blaze at 3B & both can hit. You get both in the lineup. That's some serious young thunder in the lineup