PDA

View Full Version : Marshmellow Article on Cam Newton & MSU this Morning...

ShotgunDawg
05-08-2020, 09:16 AM
This made me want to throw up in my mouth. Undoubtedly one of the most embarrassing moments in NCAA history & I'm personally glad that prima donna doesn't have a job yet this year in the NFL. It's just incredible that Auburn faced no sanctions for the most obvious cheating scandal along with Tunsil, Treadwell, AJ Brown, & McKinley Jackson in my lifetime.
The part that stood out most to me was when Megan Mullen said Cam called crying on the phone to tell Dan he was signing with Auburn.

The amount of players that MSU has had bought out from underneath them by Ole Miss & Auburn is absurd & only Ole Miss has faced any sort of consequences due to those actions.

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/LongFormArticle/What-if-Cam-Newton-chose-Mississippi-State-instead-of-Auburn-146934012/

StarkVegasSteve
05-08-2020, 10:07 AM
It made me pissed off at Cam and Cecil Newton all over again. It usually happens once a year anyways whenever we play them but Marcello got it out of me early this year.

ShotgunDawg
05-08-2020, 10:09 AM
It made me pissed off at Cam and Cecil Newton all over again. It usually happens once a year anyways whenever we play them but Marcello got it out of me early this year.

I actually thought Marsmellow's article was fair. It's just THE sore point of the past decade for MSU fans.

A transcendent player blatantly bought out from under MSU & the criminals never faced any consequences.

PKADogs55
05-08-2020, 10:27 AM
If you look closely at the picture of him ringing the cowbell, the caption under it reads ... Cam Newton rings cowbell .. During the Iron Bowl lol.

Bothrops
05-08-2020, 12:09 PM
You mean Cam Newton was paid to go to MSU and went to Auburn for free, instead?***

Todd4State
05-08-2020, 12:14 PM
If Dan had been willing to pay we would have had him.

Percho
05-08-2020, 03:27 PM
"The money was just to much," I'll go to my grave believing he told MM that.

dantheman4248
05-08-2020, 03:50 PM
If you look closely at the picture of him ringing the cowbell, the caption under it reads ... Cam Newton rings cowbell .. During the Iron Bowl lol.

I mean there was some overlap in those two game times that year for sure so it's technically the truth.

But yea that article is a litany of errors. Journalism has gotten so poor these days it's pathetic. Proofread for once and don't write an article about MSU and then call us the Tigers.

thf24
05-08-2020, 10:13 PM
You mean Cam Newton was paid to go to MSU and went to Auburn for free, instead?***

It still blows my mind that masses of their fans seemed to legitimately believe that the fact he ended up at their school proved we cheated.

Todd4State
05-09-2020, 02:17 AM
It still blows my mind that masses of their fans seemed to legitimately believe that the fact he ended up at their school proved we cheated.

Ole Miss, Arkansas, LSU, and Auburn lead the SEC in delusion.

Ole Miss- too many examples to list.

Arkansas- Hazlewood's kick wasn't good in 1998!

LSU- Rod Gibson didn't score!

Auburn- Cam Newton.

I really dislike Auburn. First they led the charge to ban cowbells in the 1970's. And then Cam Newton. After that you had Gene Chizik begging for our job after we drug Joe's Yankee ass out the door. I legitimately would have given up my season tickets had we hired him.

1. Out of principle over the Cam Newton stuff. Hiring Chizik would be just a shade under MSU hiring Hugh Freeze. Not nearly as bad but just a shade under.

2. He's an awful head coach and we run our program into the ground while collecting a check and still being "All in!" on Auburn.

Fortunately there was never any way in hell that Cohen and Keenum would have ever hired him.