PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Egg Bowl replay

Maroonthirteen
05-07-2020, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure we could have played worse. One player in particular had two turnovers in the same situation. Hmmmm???

Thank goodness for a very favorable call in the first half.

Dicenzo Miller had incredible vision and was a great player.

Todd4State
05-07-2020, 04:24 PM
Pig Prather?

Where is it being re-played?

Maroonthirteen
05-07-2020, 05:00 PM
ESPNU.

Maybe everyone was taking a dive. At least 10 turnovers between the teams for the game.

Two things I remember from that game. One, all the people that left after Prather dropped the 2nd punt. 2. I couldn't believe they didn't take a knee and go to OT.

Todd4State
05-07-2020, 06:47 PM
ESPNU.

Maybe everyone was taking a dive. At least 10 turnovers between the teams for the game.

Two things I remember from that game. One, all the people that left after Prather dropped the 2nd punt. 2. I couldn't believe they didn't take a knee and go to OT.

Really that game is how that entire year went. LOT of back and forth and ebb and flow in that game. And that is part of what made it the most exciting Egg Bowl ever IMO.

I was also surprised that they didn't take a knee. At that point I believe we had played in ONE OT game in our history and that was when our seniors on that team were freshman. Ole Miss on the other hand had played in several and won most of them. It seemed to me like a lot of people around me in the stands thought that they were going to Hail Mary it and I was like "no way". I thought for years I was the only one that was fooled about what they were doing! When I saw Romaro Miller dropping back I was like "what's he doing?" Thanks for making me feel better!

R2Dawg
05-07-2020, 07:56 PM
I'm not sure we could have played worse. One player in particular had two turnovers in the same situation. Hmmmm???

Thank goodness for a very favorable call in the first half.

Dicenzo Miller had incredible vision and was a great player.

Miller was a great back. You are right his vision was special. He had what you call football speed too. I'll never forget that catch and run against BYU in Provo on ESPN Thursday night. Mike Tirico's call was great.