PDA

View Full Version : Welfare scandal

TheLostDawg
05-05-2020, 11:00 AM
Anyone know which NCAA events the article is taking about.

Not a good day to be Favre. BF also being investigated for trying to bring a branch of some research company from Florida here with Phil Bryant. Not sure if that's somehow tired into this or not.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/04/ms-welfare-scandal-audit-94-m-questionable-spending/3076949001/

TheLostDawg
05-05-2020, 11:02 AM
Looks like it is.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/17/gov-bryant-brett-favre-ties-company-linked-welfare-scandal/2973782001/

Commercecomet24
05-05-2020, 11:11 AM
I know one thing, if Shad White's on you, you got a serious problem. That guy is like a bulldog and he won't turn loose.

AlSwearengen
05-05-2020, 11:58 AM
Without reading the article, Favre seems bound and determined to get into some trouble. His name was being mentioned in one of the creme scheme groups awhile back.

msbulldog
05-05-2020, 12:25 PM
Nancy New the former head of these groups is a USM alum and involved with several boards there. She supposedly payed USM large sums of welfare money that was supposedly for rental of campus facilities for poor children to use but they were never used.

TALL DAWG
05-05-2020, 12:40 PM
Nancy New the former head of these groups is a USM alum and involved with several boards there. She supposedly payed USM large sums of welfare money that was supposedly for rental of campus facilities for poor children to use but they were never used.

After watching Shad speak yesterday, he?d make a better Gov than Tater!
Man, he is Sharp & very well spoken without all the ?ah...ah?s? that Tater spews a lot. Tater needs to watch video of himself speak and correct that bad habit.

confucius say
05-05-2020, 12:49 PM
After watching Shad speak yesterday, he?d make a better Gov than Tater!
Man, he is Sharp & very well spoken without all the ?ah...ah?s? that Tater spews a lot. Tater needs to watch video of himself speak and correct that bad habit.

Shad is out for shad only.

Cooterpoot
05-05-2020, 12:57 PM
They built the USM volleyball facility with funds claiming some program with DHS was housing their offices there.

TheLostDawg
05-05-2020, 01:50 PM
So I assume that it's southern they are referring to that put on the NCAA tournament and etc with the welfare money?

TALL DAWG
05-05-2020, 02:09 PM

How so....Do tell more...as Elite Dawgs want to know...

confucius say
05-05-2020, 02:39 PM
How so....Do tell more...as Elite Dawgs want to know...

He wants to use his spot as auditor to gain as much name recognition as possible. Wants to be your governor/senator/etc one day.

Decent enough guy (I think) and as long as his name recognition campaign exposes actual dirty deeds then more power to him, but he has started to poke around in certain areas he knows little about and is pissing off some of his friends (not me, I don't care). I figure he is smart enough to know when to step back though and not make permanent enemies of those friends, bc he will need them down the road for his next state office.

StateDawg44
05-05-2020, 02:51 PM
He wants to use his spot as auditor to gain as much name recognition as possible. Wants to be your governor/senator/etc one day.

Isn't that just being a politician?

Cooterpoot
05-05-2020, 02:52 PM
I'm just glad Shad fixed his teeth.

confucius say
05-05-2020, 02:56 PM
Isn't that just being a politician?

Most of em, yep.

TheLostDawg
05-05-2020, 05:03 PM

Decent enough guy (I think) and as long as his name recognition campaign exposes actual dirty deeds then more power to him, but he has started to poke around in certain areas he knows little about and is pissing off some of his friends (not me, I don't care). I figure he is smart enough to know when to step back though and not make permanent enemies of those friends, bc he will need them down the road for his next state office.

I agree. Look at Waller vs Reeves. Waller never stood a chance. Reeves was backed by all the lobbying firms so naturally he had all the money. Until they cut lobbying out or limit it then the Governor will continued to be owned once elected. There is a reason Haley Barbour is living the high life right now.

TheLostDawg
05-05-2020, 05:13 PM
And until we start electing Mississippi State alumni into office things like this below are going to continue.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/politics/2019/06/04/ole-miss-preschool-got-850-k-mississippi-legislature/1259266001/

BiscuitEater
05-05-2020, 05:46 PM
This was in the news months and months ago. Why has it taken so long to come out again? Indictments?

Liverpooldawg
05-05-2020, 06:12 PM
How exactly is Favre not being prosecuted for this?

The Federalist Engineer
05-05-2020, 07:56 PM

Sounds like it could be an interesting new 30 for 30

USM’s “famous alumni” list will lose their only actually famous person

Maroonthirteen
05-05-2020, 08:33 PM

My guess, the article says Favre Enterprises was paid. Not Farve himself. Also putting two and two together.... not showing for any of the events... Farve had no Knowledge and never saw that money. Someone inside Farve enterprises was laundering the money for MCEC.

Why the hell would Farve knowing enter into something like this for 1.1 million? He wouldn't.

AlSwearengen
05-06-2020, 09:07 AM
As a side note, for $400 I think it was, you can get Favre to send a video message to someone wishing them happy birthday, anniversary, or just say hello. He was on some site that lets you pay actors, athletes, tv personalities to send messages.

What is going on in the Kiln?

Maroonthirteen
05-06-2020, 09:58 AM
"He was on some site that lets you pay actors, athletes, tv personalities to send messages."

Ah.... so that's how OM gets these celebrities to do pregame HottyToddy.

Jack Lambert
05-06-2020, 10:03 AM
I agree. Look at Waller vs Reeves. Waller never stood a chance. Reeves was backed by all the lobbying firms so naturally he had all the money. Until they cut lobbying out or limit it then the Governor will continued to be owned once elected. There is a reason Haley Barbour is living the high life right now.

Barbour is making money from his lobbying business in DC.

BiscuitEater
05-06-2020, 10:04 AM

Right ... name me a couple of those politicians that are only out there for the 'common people!'

Take your time.

The Federalist Engineer
05-06-2020, 05:57 PM
And until we start electing Mississippi State alumni into office things like this below are going to continue.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/politics/2019/06/04/ole-miss-preschool-got-850-k-mississippi-legislature/1259266001/

Self delete Political post.

I wish we were discussing how Sweeping Mizzou this week could help us lock up a National Seed before the Vanderbilt series.

turkish
05-06-2020, 06:03 PM
Engineers understand that they’d make a lot less money being honest politicians.

Jack Lambert
05-06-2020, 06:46 PM

It may happen. He most likely be sued for the million.

msbulldog
05-07-2020, 06:24 AM
It may happen. He most likely be sued for the million.

He announced he is giving it back, already sent a check for 500K.

TheLostDawg
05-07-2020, 08:03 AM
Barbour is making money from his lobbying business in DC.

Yes and how do you think he was able to get that up and going so fast. Favors for favors

TheLostDawg
05-07-2020, 08:05 AM
https://twitter.com/BrettFavre/status/1258197217225183235?s=19

So he only got paid for things he showed up to but still got paid and didn't show up. Got it

Jack Lambert
05-07-2020, 08:06 AM
Yes and how do you think he was able to get that up and going so fast. Favors for favors

He worked in Washington for years before becoming Governor. That is how he became Governor. If he wasn't Chairman of the GOP before he would not have been Governor.

MaroonFlounder
05-07-2020, 09:10 AM
I don't know what he knew and/or when he knew it.

But...

Favre is a tightwad. Always has been. A friend of mine did some work for him. Not a simple task at all. Thought he'd be paid pretty well for it. 20 bucks.

StateDawg44
05-07-2020, 09:19 AM
I agree. Look at Waller vs Reeves. Waller never stood a chance. Reeves was backed by all the lobbying firms so naturally he had all the money. Until they cut lobbying out or limit it then the Governor will continue to be owned once elected. There is a reason Haley Barbour is living the high life right now.

This is just politics across the board is it not?

You could basically replace Governor with any political office title. The higher you climb the more you are bought and the more people you owe.

It's all a crock and they are all snakes in the grass. I can't fathom defending a politician like so many people do. They can't gaf about citizens because they've sold their soul to the devil once they've been bought and you can't get there without shaking some greasy hands.

Johnson85
05-07-2020, 10:45 AM

Seriously. Before the governship, Barbour was just a nobody, multi-millionaire lobbyist and political power broker. Can't imagine what that schmuck would be doing if he hadn't been governor. Probably be scraping by as a Yazoo county supervisor.*********

parabrave
05-07-2020, 10:49 AM
I don't know what he knew and/or when he knew it.

But...

Favre is a tightwad. Always has been. A friend of mine did some work for him. Not a simple task at all. Thought he'd be paid pretty well for it. 20 bucks.

Farve has a tightwad of tightwadress who runs the business for him.

msbulldog
05-07-2020, 12:12 PM
Seriously. Before the governship, Barbour was just a nobody, multi-millionaire lobbyist and political power broker. Can't imagine what that schmuck would be doing if he hadn't been governor. Probably be scraping by as a Yazoo county supervisor.*********

Damn you call the Chairman of the GOP a nobody?

bobtail bob
05-07-2020, 06:48 PM
LSU won a National Championship with players bought with laundered taxpayer money. Nothing has happened to them.Why should this be any different?